PDA

View Full Version : The True Compromise

Lazie
12-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Before I post the system I am going to tell you guys simply. Everyone isn't going to get what they want here. Put past differences aside and stop thinking about yourselves and think what will benefit the server as a whole the most. We want to have a system that involves competition but gives guilds a clear path to progress on the server if they choose to raid. We want content that will be available to everyone to attempt in any given week while also distributing content to guilds that want to make an attempt but doesn't have as much time as others. That will take a Tiered hybrid system.

Progression won't be fast but it won't be in any system you choose with so many guilds involved with the limited amount of content to spread around. You need a system that isn't a complete handout and requires some effort. I have typed this system out several times in threads before. I changed a few things to try to compensate for both competition and making it accessible to all.

Tier 1- Full competition that involves Tracking/Batphoing/Mobolizing/Killing. This tier will include Trakanon and the Zone of Veeshan's Peak. This is the Top end of the raiding scene at the moment. There is no easy access to it. You must work to attain it. If a guild reaches VP and kills Dragons inside VP they forfeit the rights to engaging Naggy and Vox.

Tier 2-Epic Mobs. Maestro,Fay,Inny,Sev,VS,CT. Put these on your point system. Make the cost for each mob not Maestro 50 points and put Maestro at 25 points. Only award 50 points to each guild. This ensures that each guild that wants to go after a particular epic drop has the chance to do so. I'd rather see a bag limit or rotation on the mobs to ensure all guilds have an opportunity at the mobs but that would be a straight up hand out. This way people still have to track and kill the mob they want and no guild can kill more than 1 in a week.

Tier 3- Gore,Talendor,Draco. Rotate them. Draco spawns 2 or 3 times a week and is a relatively weak mob for beginning guilds. Straight up rotate him for all guilds. Do the same for Tal and Gore. Good guaranteed shots at mobs for guilds that just want to see a dragon and attempt to kill.

Tier 4- Naggy and Vox. I would like to see server raids for these guys but that will be left up to the guilds not raiding VP to do with as they please.

Lazie
12-31-2013, 08:45 AM
The Dojo cycle I didn't mention in the OP. I honestly wouldn't know the best way to handle that cycle. It can be 3 mobs a week for one guild. I'd say leave it FFA for now if more than 1 Dojo can no longer be spawned by Leaving OOA up (Which I think is the case now).

Bugmuncher
12-31-2013, 12:19 PM
SUPPORT

As new stuff comes out assign stuff to highest tier bump older content down
Top end guilds should have no shot at lowest content just like low end guilds have no shot at highest content

BUG