PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Bard Mez = Instant De-Summon/Kill on Pets

azeth
07-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Was fighting the two lvl 40 ish bards in HHK last night. Noticed that my pet went from 100% to death in all of.. .0001 seconds. Scrolled my combat logs, didn't see a single point of damage done. Assumed I hit "pet go away" or something by mistake. I summoned another, re-engaged and bang.. he's gone again. The bard was mezzing my pet and killing him instantly. Is this just something I was unaware of, or is this a bug?

mmiles8
07-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Was he mezzing it or charming it?
"Yourpet's head nods" - Mez
"Yourpet's eyes glaze over" - Charm

azeth
07-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Not positive, but are you saying the pet despawning is functional gameplay if the Bard either had cast mez or charm?

I guess I can see how a mob charming my summoned pet might kill it due to metaphysical four dimensional wormhole issues. However, understand I'm lvl 43, and these bards are I believe 40. I cannot solo them solely due to them instantly despawning my pet as soon as it engages.

mmiles8
07-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Bards didn't cast in live, it's something the devs got working here. Charm would despawn your pet, it's been reported here with evil eyes. If it's the mez, then it would be a different mechanic for the devs to look into, but I don't believe the bard mez has a memblur chance component.

Gorroth
07-30-2010, 03:42 PM
What mmiles8 said. Here, high level bards are a horrible source of exp and are best left alone, which is rather sad. Pet poofing got fixed at some point but I think it was after the classic period, unfortunately.

MiRo2
07-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Was he mezzing it or charming it?
"Yourpet's head nods" - Mez
"Yourpet's eyes glaze over" - Charm

Kelin's Lucid Lullaby which is a bard's lvl 15 mez gives head nod message.

Crission's Pixie Strike a bard's lvl 28 mez gives glaze over message the same as both charms.

Lazortag
07-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Does charming a pet kill it? I know that charming a pet's master kills it, but I haven't actually tried charming a pet before.