PDA

View Full Version : Crescent Armor Assistance Is Needed!

Wrathis
12-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Greetings!

I'm currently hanging out in Dalnir looking to try and get some Crescent armor on my monk. He has no visible slot gear so I figured I could get some rotting but no one is ever here i've noticed. So I was going to see if any bored adventurer would want to come destroy Dalnir for a bit. I'll be on all day, Vexosis is my in game name.

Thanks!

BillyCranston
12-30-2013, 10:12 AM
I'm sure your monk can help contribute to the dropping of this crescent armor, also?

Or are you just another scrub trying to follow people around in Dalnir picking up scraps?

Wrathis
12-30-2013, 10:25 AM
He's only in the 20s right now but hes not useless as I was in here last night with a friend of mine. If I could solo them I wouldn't be asking for assistance, Dalnir is scary with all the casters.

hynch
12-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Dalnir is not frequented because of the high number of caster mobs and the lack of open space anywhere in the zone. I suggest you do the following: Level up to the appropriate level, start a group, loot crescent armor.

mcappy
12-30-2013, 11:57 AM
You can solo the shackle room on the second floor mid 40s. If you could find a healer to duo with, you could probably go high 30s, and it'd be good exp. You can invis to the room easily, just clear out any slimes near the entrance.

The reason I mention shackle room is because it spawns two named along with all 6 kly types for a full set. Evokers (for slippers) are hard to come by on the third floor. You can get a small bit of cash for elliptical veils and dalnir robes.

Better than begging for high level help. That zone can be dangerous even 50+ because of all the HTing mobs and wizards, especially if you don't know the zone.

Lune
12-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Your best bet may be to make some friends, level into the 30's 40's, and convince them to Dalnir with you.

Be warned, I've seen people wipe so hard there they quit the game.

baalzy
12-30-2013, 02:51 PM
It's a shame that Dalnir is used so infrequently, but the dungeon is too dangerous and too long of a run for most people in that level-range. Plus having to make a screaming run past The Kly with his nightmare of an AOE just to get out if you're a melee is pretty terrible.

I can understand tho, cresent gear is the best stuff-available for a monk before planar gear in some slots and not replaceable by anything 'cheap' in any of the others.

Itap
12-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Damn, people on here have become cutthroat lately.

Tuljin
12-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Find a good paladin to go with you and the casters will be way less of an issue - then again its tough to find a paladin, let alone a good one :P

BillyCranston
12-30-2013, 03:22 PM
I've done crawls through Dalnir a few times on my monk, it's a great zone for a group of competent individuals. I wouldn't go in there with a bunch of people I hadn't played with before, and didn't know how much they payed attention and all. It's really not that bad of a zone, you just can't really sit there at any camps, gotta keep moving.

Sorry I just have absolutely no respect for any monk that can't help in killing the mobs (at an appropriate level) and get the gear on their own. Your 20s monk doesn't need crescent gear, and quite frankly, doesn't deserve it even if it's rotting. People who take their monk alts to Dalnir are the monks who have no idea how to actually play their class and do split pulls.

mcappy
12-30-2013, 03:52 PM
It's a shame that Dalnir is used so infrequently, but the dungeon is too dangerous and too long of a run for most people in that level-range. Plus having to make a screaming run past The Kly with his nightmare of an AOE just to get out if you're a melee is pretty terrible.

I can understand tho, cresent gear is the best stuff-available for a monk before planar gear in some slots and not replaceable by anything 'cheap' in any of the others.

There's a teleport on the second floor too. Plus, all the decent loot drops are from the coerced crusader and kly imprecator, which spawn in the room (the two goos nearby also drop loot but it's mostly crap). The third floor isn't really worth doing.

It's really not too bad of a zone once you get established, but it's still a bigger pain in the ass than other mid-30s exp zones. CRs are worse, it's much less convenient to get to and the drops aren't really worth the added effort for anyone but monks.

Tuljin
12-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Sorry I just have absolutely no respect for any monk that can't help in killing the mobs (at an appropriate level) and get the gear on their own. Your 20s monk doesn't need crescent gear, and quite frankly, doesn't deserve it even if it's rotting. People who take their monk alts to Dalnir are the monks who have no idea how to actually play their class and do split pulls.

Its way tougher to do split pulls in caster heavy zones since the FD patch about 10 months ago - you'd be lucky to live if 2 or 3 casters were in a camp and you tried to FD them off at lvl 30. I have to say Seb pulls were hilarious for a while after that update :)

Bring a cleric and another melee and you'll be able to fight in there no problem - cleric can lull/heal. Either that or harass every Iksar your lvl around Cabilis to come get some xp with you!

mefdinkins
12-30-2013, 04:28 PM
My advice would be just continue to level up. It took me hours to get my set and waiting around while someone else farms is boring and to me a waste of time. Continue to XP and then grab the set when you can solo it.

I was always conscious of my weight so I was excited to get Crescent. I also was pretty cheap so I liked the 'free' no-drop items. Once I hit 51 I went in with another monk friend of mine and we slaughtered everything in there until I got chest, gloves, arms, legs, and boots. Most of the items, aside from legs, were basically a 'side-grade' or had pros/cons. I still use the legs even though I have the planar Shiverback-hide Leggings. Some say they're 'best in slot' and they're certainly cheaper than Sarnak-Hide Leggings (which go for around 3-4k). So it's definitely worth it for a monk to go in there to pick up the key pieces legs/boots in my opinion.

However, the items aren't really game changing. If you're in your twenties you should just continue to XP and level up. You can pick up cheap enough items in most slots like Azure Sleeves, Gem Inlaid Gauntlets, or Iksar Scaled Gloves etc etc. Once you finally get high enough to solo the place at 50-ish you can solo pull all the casters, w/ mend you can just slaughter every mob over and over until you get every piece you want. Then you can pick up the few key pieces you need, including legs, and have some strong items in a couple key slots.

Ataxio
12-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Feel free to send a tell to Ataxio (or Leukos), or any other officer with Just A Phase. I sometimes take groups of people through dalnir with my 58 SK providing out of group tanking and CC for crescent armor and or other quest drops down there.

You would be more then welcome to join us.

Wrathis
12-30-2013, 10:19 PM
I appreciate all the suggestions guys. If I don't manage to get anything worked out with the crescent gear what would be some alternatives I can use until I can solo it? I dont have much plat atm I spent most of it on an IFS/FBSS. So I'm down to maybe 1-4k at best.