PDA

View Full Version : Post from a "casual scum"

Velerin
12-29-2013, 03:09 PM
I found this server about 6 months ago. I spend a lot of time forum lurking (while procrastinating at work). Been having an awesome time playing some good ole classic eq (played a lot from 99-03 or so). Lots of ideas are bouncing around, some good, some bad but I don't have enough first hand experience to say what'll work. Just thought I'd add my two cents from a "casual scum" and maybe some others feel the same..
I don't want anything handed to me. Y'all wake up at 3am and put in tons of work to get your pixels.. If you wanna do that go for it. I could care less about loot. In the end what does a piece of loot really mean if you're not having fun getting it? I just want to have a chance to kill a few mobs. I want that feeling of "are we gonna wipe?, ah #$!$, we're gonna wipe!...nooo we made it!" Classic eq. Classic eq didn't have people with tons of accounts with multiple 60s camped out at targets. I don't understand the point of zerging a mob that is no challenge whatsoever for loot that will probably just go to a 7th alt or something.
One thing I have noticed in the 6 months I've been playing is people have seemed the happiest and most optimistic over this last week or so and seem to be having fun. Isn't that the point of this whole project? All this work done to recreate classic eq? This is by far the best classic eq simulator out there and the developers have done an amazing job.
If someone is so focused on "winning" this server maybe they should move to a game that is well..actually new?

Aviann
12-29-2013, 03:15 PM
I found this server about 6 months ago. I spend a lot of time forum lurking (while procrastinating at work). Been having an awesome time playing some good ole classic eq (played a lot from 99-03 or so). Lots of ideas are bouncing around, some good, some bad but I don't have enough first hand experience to say what'll work. Just thought I'd add my two cents from a "casual scum" and maybe some others feel the same..
I don't want anything handed to me. Y'all wake up at 3am and put in tons of work to get your pixels.. If you wanna do that go for it. I could care less about loot. In the end what does a piece of loot really mean if you're not having fun getting it? I just want to have a chance to kill a few mobs. I want that feeling of "are we gonna wipe?, ah #$!$, we're gonna wipe!...nooo we made it!" Classic eq. Classic eq didn't have people with tons of accounts with multiple 60s camped out at targets. I don't understand the point of zerging a mob that is no challenge whatsoever for loot that will probably just go to a 7th alt or something.
One thing I have noticed in the 6 months I've been playing is people have seemed the happiest and most optimistic over this last week or so and seem to be having fun. Isn't that the point of this whole project? All this work done to recreate classic eq? This is by far the best classic eq simulator out there and the developers have done an amazing job.
If someone is so focused on "winning" this server maybe they should move to a game that is well..actually new?

Basically what I had wrote before my posts got deleted... You don't need to fix the raid scene, just need to fix the one guild cock blocking the rest of the server with their army of alts. How to do that? I don't know. I don't know what these GMs are capable of, but hopefully we can come to a settlement soon enough, and it won't involve a forced rotation, however beneficial it may be to smaller guilds.

Droog007
12-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Truth

HeallunRumblebelly
12-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Basically what I had wrote before my posts got deleted... You don't need to fix the raid scene, just need to fix the one guild cock blocking the rest of the server with their army of alts. How to do that? I don't know. I don't know what these GMs are capable of, but hopefully we can come to a settlement soon enough, and it won't involve a forced rotation, however beneficial it may be to smaller guilds.

One character per ip, gestapo points for turning in known multi character users o_O

Aviann
12-29-2013, 03:35 PM
One character per ip, gestapo points for turning in known multi character users o_O

I wouldn't be opposed to this. Of course, it would suck for a lot of legit people.

heazels
12-29-2013, 03:36 PM

And when your character with gear is always camped out at raid targets, whats all the effort to gear up matter? You may has well been playing skyrim, no one sees you, so you dont exist to most people most of the time.

Aviann
12-29-2013, 03:38 PM
And when your character with gear is always camped out at raid targets, whats all the effort to gear up matter? You may has well been playing skyrim, no one sees you, so you dont exist to most people most of the time.

Some people just want to see the world burn.

whitebandit
12-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Lets just Wipe P99 and start anew. :-p

I do agree with this post though.

heazels
12-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Some people just want to see the world burn.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/worldburn-top.jpg

citizen1080
12-29-2013, 04:06 PM

The amount of extra accounts people have here is not classic. Therefore, we need an un-classic solution for this.

I propose we figure out what zone is a somewhat equal distance away from the various raid targets and have a NPC placed there. Once this NPC is hailed a ~1-2 hour buff is placed on the player and persists through death. This buff would allow them to get onto a raid mobs hate list without being either DT'd or Banished to the middle of OOT (up to the staff)

This would require everyone to start at the same point when racing for mobs. The Alt Army would still have a leg up on other people because they could log out their army at the NPC and would only have to race from A to B. While people with one toon would have to tag the NPC first before rushing off to kill trak etc. But over all this would even the playing field I think and create a more fun and exciting raid environment.

JayN
12-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Some how verious never being released is TMOs fault I understand.

Freakish
12-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Maybe..its not about the loot.

Ravager
12-29-2013, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to this. Of course, it would suck for a lot of legit people.

I'm sure they'll get over it.

myriverse
12-29-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm sure they'll get over it.
If by that you mean just not play, then sure.

Ravager
12-29-2013, 04:52 PM
If by that you mean just not play, then sure.

If that's how you'd cope with it, then sure.

Aviann
12-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Quickly folks, pick your favorite 8 toons. Haha

Clark
12-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Should be no account sharing whatsoever

I support this

myriverse
12-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Quickly folks, pick your favorite 8 toons. Haha
Eight? The proposition was for just one.

And then what about the folks with dynamic IPs?

Aviann
12-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Eight? The proposition was for just one.

And then what about the folks with dynamic IPs?

One character, or one account?

NextGenesis88
12-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Sorry, but one character is ridiculous. The perfectly innocent shouldn't have to be penalized because the top minority ruin everything. I know that would never happen though.

I'm pretty sure all the guild leaders need to meet together and talk and I also believe the GMs should get over it and sit along with them so everyone can put up their thoughts get shit done. It sucks being told that when I get high enough level I will basically just re-roll and not expect to get my epic or anything. This is END GAME... I mean shouldn't we expect to be able to experience it after sooooo many hours working up to it? That's a huge let down and I can see how someone would quit soon after. I wouldn't succumb to joining such a heartless and immature guild (whoever it may be at the time). I start to see why the more I play here why people quit and never come back and even try to prevent people from ever coming.

Ravager
12-29-2013, 06:36 PM
I presumed he meant account with my statements.

NextGenesis88
I still do very much see all the positives that keep people together and bring more in and they definitely outweigh the negatives in my opinion, but we shouldn't have to settle and cut our experience short.

Nirgon
You know maybe you're all right. We have an opportunity here to come up with a system so complicated maybe Nobel prizes can be won and Rogean is just the man for the job.

Valoril
12-29-2013, 06:55 PM
You know, if this project 99 works and has a success it is precisely because of the "casual scum".
It is them that make the crushing majority of players, groups, help and fun.
Not some self proclaimed "elite" guilds that log in for 10 minutes to take some mob down at improbable hours and then log off.
If such "elite" guilds deleted all their accounts, the rest of the server would not even notice.
However if the "casual scum" that is here for fun, nostalgy and reliving some of the good old times deleted their accounts, the server would become a hopeless desert.

And it is because the "casual scum" makes the server a living place that their opinion is actually much more important than the one of any "elite" guild members however "elite" they think they are.

I am glad that you have spoken for this vast majority of "casual scum" and agree with everything :)

Ravager
12-29-2013, 07:10 PM
You know, if this project 99 works and has a success it is precisely because of the "casual scum".
It is them that make the crushing majority of players, groups, help and fun.
Not some self proclaimed "elite" guilds that log in for 10 minutes to take some mob down at improbable hours and then log off.
If such "elite" guilds deleted all their accounts, the rest of the server would not even notice.
However if the "casual scum" that is here for fun, nostalgy and reliving some of the good old times deleted their accounts, the server would become a hopeless desert.

And it is because the "casual scum" makes the server a living place that their opinion is actually much more important than the one of any "elite" guild members however "elite" they think they are.

I am glad that you have spoken for this vast majority of "casual scum" and agree with everything :)

Playing in an untwinked group in Crushbone is still the most fun and challenging EQ experience by my mind. Ranger, Rogue, Bard, Mage, Wizard, Druid groups FTW. The mage says, "Let my pet tank.". The ranger says, "1 more level and I get snare!". The bard says, "AFK" and leaves Jaxan's Jig O Vigor playing. The druid says, "Does anyone have a fire beetle eye?". The mob says, "<Stop! Thief!>". And the wizard says, "It'll be a few, I'm still bound in Steamfont."

HeallunRumblebelly
12-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Playing in an untwinked group in Crushbone is still the most fun and challenging EQ experience by my mind. Ranger, Rogue, Bard, Mage, Wizard, Druid groups FTW. The mage says, "Let my pet tank.". The ranger says, "1 more level and I get snare!". The bard says, "AFK" and leaves Jaxan's Jig O Vigor playing. The druid says, "Does anyone have a fire beetle eye?". The mob says, "<Stop! Thief!>". And the wizard says, "It'll be a few, I'm still bound in Steamfont."

Obviously you never grouped with Lenfer.

You lfg hs?

Seltius
12-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Please see my other post. I am guessing you got upset over Derubael quoting myself and Cucumbers. At no point was I saying anything about casuals. The Casual vs Hardcore thing never came up. The raid scene isn't casual and never will be by very nature. So at no point was I saying anything about casuals. Since it is impossible to be casual and have a shot at a 3-7day mob when you have this many people on a server with a good portion willing to compete and fight for the spawns that are available.. I have been berated for not being hardcore enough. So I can completely understand and respect casual players.

The goal of this server is classic EQ. I am not sure about you but on Live I didn't see casual guilds getting raid targets like Trak, VS, VP. I mean hell they added the triggered VS and other mobs just so casuals had a shot at their epics. On live I never saw one of those mobs until I joined a raiding guild or post Velious when the raiding guilds all moved to Velious raiding.

Oh and yes it was classic to have more than one account the only thing was you had to be willing to spend the money on a second or even third account.

Fountree
12-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Rogean and gms just sitting back Laughing over all this squabbling while relishing tmos soon to be endless suspension. They'll say it will be resolved after x but then make y rule later to cockblock it. They easily have the abilty to pick one of the dozens of proposals on this board but they'd rather wait and have their favies collect uncontested pd loot and gear every 50+ with trak bps. You can't change human nature and you can't change the competitive sprit of Classic eq. Go play other mmos if u can't hang

It's ok though, even completely innocent tmo like myself and dozens of others didn't share the toys wow style, so we're all bad ppl and deserve 100% arbitrary treatmrnt because consistency is so overrated. This server is a shadow of its former self and a joke at this point lol. I propose we just give all 50+ epics, instance named pops based on how carebare we are, and ban all Alts because Alts give ppl an advAntage over each other which just isn't fair.

I'm not going to even go into the timeline 3 years of kunark almost rofl. If u are new to server and thinking about playing past lvl 30, take my advice and don't waste your time like I have, because at the end of the day the staff here is unpredictable and incredibly slow at development and have really little interest in catering to all players. If they were, they would have treated the many innocent longtime community members with some shred of respect and an OPEN ear

Turp_SmokinPurp
12-29-2013, 08:02 PM
I don't understand the point of zerging a mob that is no challenge whatsoever for loot that will probably just go to a 7th alt or something.
One thing I have noticed in the 6 months I've been playing is people have seemed the happiest and most optimistic over this last week or so and seem to be having fun.
LOL ^
You are getting your information from "casual scum" it seems , because you are highly misinformed, and eating up propaganda like I would expect from someone who only reads the forums.
Do you really play in game?
The point in raiding a mob is for the gear. So hope you understand that part?
An I have seen even the biggest raid guild die or wipe , but yet you claim its 0 challenge? What do you consider a "zerg"? what #? 20? 30?
Sounds like your just copy pasting shit from forums and no idea what it even means.
New people join the big guilds daily, and they need gear. A lot of peoples mains are still missing gear too. It is not going to some 7th alt , and most the time it is a main characters upgrade.
There are a few Elites in the top guilds though...you have your small crew that are insanely rich and hold the guild bank / sale items an bank plat an gear up there 7th alt before your main is. But that is not everyone . You are categorizing everyone together falsely IMO.
Any new game is instanced, no corpse runs, port anywhere, be any class at anytime, 0 competition in most, etc the list goes on.
Which it sounds like that is what YOU want. These new games tend especially to your needs. As you say it "casual scumbag" these games are made FOR YOU. There are HUNDREDS of games that do exactly as you wish. This is classic Everquest.
It is not some walk in the park easy mode game , where the casual is as geared as the hardcore. If you want shit handed out than almost any game you name will help you out with that. In todays MMO gaming it is all about the casual getting the same as everyone else, or having the option to pay to win.

The amount of extra accounts people have here is not classic. Therefore, we need an un-classic solution for this.

I propose we figure out what zone is a somewhat equal distance away from the various raid targets and have a NPC placed there. Once this NPC is hailed a ~1-2 hour buff is placed on the player and persists through death. This buff would allow them to get onto a raid mobs hate list without being either DT'd or Banished to the middle of OOT (up to the staff)

This would require everyone to start at the same point when racing for mobs. The Alt Army would still have a leg up on other people because they could log out their army at the NPC and would only have to race from A to B. While people with one toon would have to tag the NPC first before rushing off to kill trak etc. But over all this would even the playing field I think and create a more fun and exciting raid environment.
That is way to much work for not that big of a problem.
Seems everyone is losing their minds trying to find out a solution for free pixels. Forum questing is not going to work. You will get some mobs out of this. But you guys expecting 100% rotation on EVERY SINGLE RAID MOB are delusional.

Please see my other post. I am guessing you got upset over Derubael quoting myself and Cucumbers.
Oh and yes it was classic to have more than one account the only thing was you had to be willing to spend the money on a second or even third account.

I do not think he mentions you lol? Dunno why your other posts about casual scum would matter, there are plenty of casual scum posts the past week.
Also dude is talking about people having 7 level 60s on one account. People that have them all on different accounts are either 1. probably banned because they shared accounts or 2. RMT accounts.
There is no need for characters on different accounts if you do not share them or sale them.

TL DR Good luck with forum questing for dragons

Troubled
12-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Rogean and gms just sitting back Laughing over all this squabbling while relishing tmos soon to be endless suspension. They'll say it will be resolved after x but then make y rule later to cockblock it. They easily have the abilty to pick one of the dozens of proposals on this board but they'd rather wait and have their favies collect uncontested pd loot and gear every 50+ with trak bps. You can't change human nature and you can't change the competitive sprit of Classic eq. Go play other mmos if u can't hang

It's ok though, even completely innocent tmo like myself and dozens of others didn't share the toys wow style, so we're all bad ppl and deserve 100% arbitrary treatmrnt because consistency is so overrated. This server is a shadow of its former self and a joke at this point lol. I propose we just give all 50+ epics, instance named pops based on how carebare we are, and ban all Alts because Alts give ppl an advAntage over each other which just isn't fair.

I'm not going to even go into the timeline 3 years of kunark almost rofl. If u are new to server and thinking about playing past lvl 30, take my advice and don't waste your time like I have, because at the end of the day the staff here is unpredictable and incredibly slow at development and have really little interest in catering to all players. If they were, they would have treated the many innocent longtime community members with some shred of respect and an OPEN ear

Relax.

There's still plenty of options to talk about and some meet-ups to be had before any decisions are made.

Fountree
12-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Trouble, I'm relaxed. Don't worry. I'm Just uninterested in holding back things I've suspected but always gave the staff here the benefit of the doubt. Why isn't any other guild suspended from raiding while this is hashed out? Our punishment was given out and we served it for what they said we Did wrong (even though most of tmo wasn't involved, guilbanks pretty intact). We lost a loved and trusted guild leader and good people are quitting over this crap.

Lazie
12-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Trouble, I'm relaxed. Don't worry. I'm Just uninterested in holding back things I've suspected but always gave the staff here the benefit of the doubt. Why isn't any other guild suspended from raiding while this is hashed out? Our punishment was given out and we served it for what they said we Did wrong (even though most of tmo wasn't involved, guilbanks pretty intact). We lost a loved and trusted guild leader and good people are quitting over this crap.

Your 2 week suspension hasn't run it's course. I think Rogean said the deadline for discussions was Thursday if I remember correctly. He very well may suspend raiding then if something isn't decided.

Turp_SmokinPurp
12-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Rogean and gms just sitting back Laughing over all this

This server is a shadow of its former self and a joke at this point lol. I propose we just give all 50+ epics, instance named pops based on how carebare we are, and ban all Alts because Alts give ppl an advAntage over each other which just isn't fair.

Lol. That is exactly what "the community" wants.
Give all 50+ epics, Instance the zones , and ban alts like Bob the millionaire broker says. + 100% mob rotation and full repops weekly.
WTF is happening?
If any of this takes place than they need to rename the server because it would no longer even resemble a classic Everquest experience...

Seltius
12-29-2013, 08:20 PM
I have multiple accounts but its only because I cant play every class and ever race combination on one account! Also I keep thinking of names that I like and then trying to make the class/race combination to match.

On Live I actually did have several accounts and played them at same time. During that time I had a lot of free time and had just found EQ for the first time and so it was the whole new car feel. I had my computers set up so I could play 2 accounts at once. I would leave one in EC with logs on to see what I wanted to save for and farm on the other to be able to afford it. Or I would run the second account to port the first. Pure melee have a hell of a time up until Luclin getting to some places without buying a port.

Oh and to clarify I have never shared accounts on live or here. I just have wanted to re experience everything the game has to offer and to play classes and races I have never played before. With the release of Velious this will become even more true for me since there is so much I've never done there. I never went on Giant faction, never killed Tunare, missed a lot of the lower level and class specific quests there. I never played a lot of other classes during that expansion. I think Druid and then Monk were the only ones really during Velious that I played. That is one of the reasons I'm so excited over it. Also so thankful for the work that the Devs and GMs are putting into it. Its a chance to get to do it all over again.

Edit-I found it really amusing that I'm typing paragraphs and then hitting Post Quick Reply to post them. Type/retype for 10mins then hit Post Quick Reply. Anyone else see irony in that?

Pint
12-29-2013, 08:21 PM
man all the talk about people not being able to have alts is crazy, can i keep my 5 60s since im not in a raid guild?

Troubled
12-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Your 2 week suspension hasn't run it's course. I think Rogean said the deadline for discussions was Thursday if I remember correctly. He very well may suspend raiding then if something isn't decided.

Very true and that wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. Talks are definitely happening. Most of the progress is being made outside these forums however, for obvious reasons.

Seltius
12-29-2013, 08:24 PM
man all the talk about people not being able to have alts is crazy, can i keep my 5 60s since im not in a raid guild?

I still love you in all of your forms Pint. I miss Asgard personally was a wonderful bunch of people there.

Splorf22
12-29-2013, 08:26 PM

SAYS SCROOGE MCDUCK

P.S. Give me Dracomir's login info. I'll pretend that Svenn 'hacked' the info in TMO guild chat and Detoxx will have a coronary.

Lazie
12-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Give all 50+ epics, Instance the zones , and ban alts like Bob the millionaire broker says. + 100% mob rotation and full repops weekly.
WTF is happening?
If any of this takes place than they need to rename the server because it would no longer even resemble a classic Everquest experience...

It didn't resemble one before as far as the raiding environment was concerned. A lot of mechanics in the raid scene are not classic. The alt armies aren't classic. Not saying they are bad or that everyone should have epics I am just saying stop talking about classic as if what we had before was classic.

The timeline of classic versus this server is the huge reason for the differences. The staff and rules have tried to adapt to that IMO and the things implemented haven't always worked. Forcing TMO to come to the table and discuss changes seems like the only option that was left IMO. Now I don't blame anyone for the way the raid scene was...but it definitely wasn't healthy and it didn't inspire most of the server to want to play in it's environment.

I get the whole working for what you get argument. People should work for killing the raid mobs. But the extremes that was pushed to here became almost toxic. It was making people hate each other simply because they wear a different guild tag. When a different decision by any of those guys in regards to which guild they joined in the beginning could have easily landed them in the other guild and given them a different perspective.

Fountree
12-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Alts are created when 60 is hit, it's that simple. EQ is an evolving game not static and the timeline is paramount in creating a true end game experience. Not difficult to understand.

Oh u said that didn't see ur whole post hehe :) cool that u can see that

citizen1080
12-29-2013, 08:40 PM
WTF is happening?

While many people take things out of context on the forums I expect better of you sir.

I have NEVER said ban alts. Ever. Alts are the best part of the game for me. And guess what. All my characters are on different accounts which according to you means I both share account info and RMT.

My point was with everyone having 2,3,4,5, 10 lvl 60's camped out at various mobs there is no race to the raid scene anymore. Which is completely unclassic. Typing in a different login and password to move from Trak to VS is not raiding, sorry. Maybe we should just all install MQ2 so we can type in location coordinates instead of passwords. It would save 10-15 seconds of time.

I am not a big fan of rotations, it takes away the competition and the race. I am not looking for handouts or free loot. Just a decent chance at some without devoting my life to EQ. I did that 14 years ago and that was more than enough.

Lazie
12-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Lazie, the situation isn't classic because of the failure of the gms to release content on time first and foremost. Alts are created when 60 is hit, it's that simple. EQ is an evolving game not static and the timeline is paramount in creating a true end game experience. Not difficult to understand.

Blaming the staff is just the wrong route to take. Especially the people developing the content. They never said this server was a finished product when you signed up for it. They also do what they do for free for the most part (Donations aside for upkeep). They are also trying to recreate something that takes work with a client that wasn't specific to it's era. Takes work.

The rest about alts I mentioned above. You are completely wrong for saying it is the staffs fault for the player made problems. If the content was too old and not evolving fast enough for you...Take a break. Don't make the 3rd...4th..5th alt (Not saying you just people in general) and continue to push even harder for the same content. The players are the ones who keep creating characters and wanting more. Eventually you have to start thinking about the other players playing the game too and say "OK I have enough for myself here, it's time to leave it to others".

Pint
12-29-2013, 08:43 PM
SAYS SCROOGE MCDUCK

P.S. Give me Dracomir's login info. I'll pretend that Svenn 'hacked' the info in TMO guild chat and Detoxx will have a coronary.

finish leveling your monk, cant have either of mine bc sharing info is evil !

Seltius
12-29-2013, 08:57 PM
It didn't resemble one before as far as the raiding environment was concerned. A lot of mechanics in the raid scene are not classic. The alt armies aren't classic. Not saying they are bad or that everyone should have epics I am just saying stop talking about classic as if what we had before was classic.

The timeline of classic versus this server is the huge reason for the differences. The staff and rules have tried to adapt to that IMO and the things implemented haven't always worked. Forcing TMO to come to the table and discuss changes seems like the only option that was left IMO. Now I don't blame anyone for the way the raid scene was...but it definitely wasn't healthy and it didn't inspire most of the server to want to play in it's environment.

I get the whole working for what you get argument. People should work for killing the raid mobs. But the extremes that was pushed to here became almost toxic. It was making people hate each other simply because they wear a different guild tag. When a different decision by any of those guys in regards to which guild they joined in the beginning could have easily landed them in the other guild and given them a different perspective.

Its funny but your arguments are the same arguments that have been voiced by people in several of the top raiding guilds. There are members in TMO that have voiced the same concerns in chat and other places. They want competition and recognize that the raid scene isn't healthy. They aren't a majority by any means in any of the guilds at the top right now.

People on these forums think that the guild tag makes a person evil, or a cheater, exploiter, etc. Some people play here to hang with friends or to relive the EQ of the past but for whatever reason they have gravitated to the guild they are in for a reason. That doesn't make them all evil.

Somewhere along the line things may have just become blurred when it comes to competition that can happen. Who is willing to go further or push harder that is always the risk.

In my little over a year playing here I have met a lot of great people and I've always tried to overlook the tag they wore. I have met them with the TMO tag and other tags that I have worn and even unguilded. It made me like the game again in its purest form a chance to talk to and meet people I probably never would have. And the chance to sit back relax and just have fun in a video game.

I made friends in TMO and other guilds again not because of the tag they wore but because I enjoyed hanging out with them or talking to them. You get to hear so many neat stories about things and places you may never see or experience.

That said I really hope it all works out. I personally don't believe that any guild should be required to roll over and hand out raid targets to anyone who isn't willing to work for them. But something has got to give like people have posted here the raid scene has become too toxic. That isn't any one guilds fault since everything TMO/IB/FE/TR etc. has been accused of that made it toxic currently and in the past was also mirrored by other raiding guilds.

Hopefully something is worked out to the benefit of everyone on the server even if it is just so new players aren't scared off from at least trying the raid scene. In the end raiding isn't for everyone but everyone should have a chance to at least try if they want to.

Turp_SmokinPurp
12-29-2013, 08:58 PM
While many people take things out of context on the forums I expect better of you sir.

I have NEVER said ban alts. Ever. Alts are the best part of the game for me. And guess what. All my characters are on different accounts which according to you means I both share account info and RMT / trade accounts.

NOT BOTH JUST 1 or the OTHER"Turp"^^^

My point was with everyone having 2,3,4,5, 10 lvl 60's camped out at various mobs there is no race to the raid scene anymore. Which is completely unclassic. Typing in a different login and password to move from Trak to VS is not raiding, sorry. Maybe we should just all install MQ2 so we can type in location coordinates instead of passwords. It would save 10-15 seconds of time.

I am not a big fan of rotations, it takes away the competition and the race. I am not looking for handouts or free loot. Just a decent chance at some without devoting my life to EQ. I did that 14 years ago and that was more than enough.
sorry let me break it down more I just briefly ran over it and did misrepresent what you said.
Bob does not want alts banned just new code written to help enforce a better raid environment WITHOUT a forced rotation. Which sounds good.

All my chars are on the same account so I do not have to type new info to raid a different mob.
Realistically most raiders have 1-2 60s , only a few have 5+ 60s.
I said or meant if you have multiple 60s on multiple accounts yes you either share your account info or you Bought WITH plat or RMT'd accounts. It was legal here once.
There is No reason to have 1 60 on 7 different accounts.
If there is a legit reason other than what i mentioned to have these 60s than please, explain. Because you did not. An I really can think of no reason for it. Besides 2-box, rmt future saler, or something planned with that account that is not legit. Or you bought them when account trading was in.

Fountree
12-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Lazie, you're right that its not ok to bash the GMs for giving me and other EQ lovers something ive (mostly) really enjoyed for free for years. That's why i edited that earlier post, my aim here isn't to hurt. But at the same time its kind of true that this extension of the timeline is at the root of most of the problems here. And that comes down to the dev team. Of course its wrong to expect something from ppl who work for free, but that doesn't change the fact that its been incredibly slow and that has had a detrimental effect.

Lazie
12-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Lazie, you're right that its not ok to bash the GMs for giving me and other EQ lovers something ive (mostly) really enjoyed for free for years. That's why i edited that earlier post, my aim here isn't to hurt. But at the same time its kind of true that this extension of the timeline is at the root of most of the problems here. And that comes down to the dev team. Of course its wrong to expect something from ppl who work for free, but that doesn't change the fact that its been incredibly slow and that has had a detrimental effect.

I think that the way players handle the situation going forward will play a big part in the way this server evolves going forward. Again the problems are player made in the environment that was present. Only the players will be able to change the culture of it. If decisions made are dictated in any part by any slight anyone felt in the past it may not change much at all. IF people can actually get over everything that happened before and make a change with the idea of making the server healthier it could be something special. Regardless of anyones opinion about how "carebear" that might be.

citizen1080
12-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Lol sorry let me break it down more I just briefly ran over it and did misrepresent what you said.
Bob does not want alts banned just new code written to help enforce a better raid environment WITHOUT a forced rotation. Which is all cool dude. But A rotation is going to be made already , i promise bro, it is in the works now. So just get ready for it. It is coming.

All my chars are on the same account so I do not have to type new info to raid a different mob. An realistically most raiders have 1-2 60s , only a few have 5+ 60s.
I said or meant if you have multiple 60s on multiple accounts yes you either share your account info or you Bought/RMT'd accounts. It was legal here once.
There is No reason to have 1 60 on 7 different accounts.
If there is a legit reason other than what i mentioned to have these 60s than please, explain. Because you did not. An I really can think of no reason for it. Besides 2-box, rmt future saler, or something planned with that account that is not legit. Or you bought them when account trading was in which is the same category as RMT/trading that i mentioned above though.

No worries sir

As for characters on different accounts. Being "the Broker" I brokered a lot of account sales, and ended up snagging ones that I wanted. Buying an account with plat is in no way RMT. So you can't throw down a blanket statement like "anyone who has their characters spread across multiple accounts must share account info and or RMT" =p

Fountree
12-29-2013, 09:20 PM
Buying an account with plat is in no way RMT. So you can't throw down a blanket statement like "anyone who has their characters spread across multiple accounts must share account info and or RMT" =p

Unfortunately this is something I hear all the time hurled at players who paid legit plat for chars before the ban. Usually accompanied by: "DIRTY RMTer" or "TMO douche" etc. even though most of the high end accounts ppl paid 200+k for , which would effectively pay for a PL to 60 and pretty amazing gear on a new char. Yet another example of entitled crybabies who are jelly they were late to the party.

fastboy21
12-29-2013, 09:29 PM
the idea of "winning" EQ is not only borderline insane, but it represents a philosophy so diametrically opposite to what I think online gaming is all about that it makes me feel sick in my stomach.

it is a disease that has plagued EQ since...well, kunark release on live really. stop trying to win EQ and gather pixels. get into the beauty of a shared fantasy world with several thousand other people.

Shinko
12-29-2013, 10:58 PM
why cant you guys just bat phone and log in quicker? we need **Raid Discussion** Sub Fourms For Officer/Leaders of Raiding Guilds

Velerin
12-30-2013, 02:15 AM
LOL ^
You are getting your information from "casual scum" it seems , because you are highly misinformed, and eating up propaganda like I would expect from someone who only reads the forums.
Do you really play in game?
The point in raiding a mob is for the gear. So hope you understand that part?
An I have seen even the biggest raid guild die or wipe , but yet you claim its 0 challenge? What do you consider a "zerg"? what #? 20? 30?
Sounds like your just copy pasting shit from forums and no idea what it even means.
New people join the big guilds daily, and they need gear. A lot of peoples mains are still missing gear too. It is not going to some 7th alt , and most the time it is a main characters upgrade.
There are a few Elites in the top guilds though...you have your small crew that are insanely rich and hold the guild bank / sale items an bank plat an gear up there 7th alt before your main is. But that is not everyone . You are categorizing everyone together falsely IMO.

Any new game is instanced, no corpse runs, port anywhere, be any class at anytime, 0 competition in most, etc the list goes on.
Which it sounds like that is what YOU want. These new games tend especially to your needs. As you say it "casual scumbag" these games are made FOR YOU. There are HUNDREDS of games that do exactly as you wish. This is classic Everquest.
It is not some walk in the park easy mode game , where the casual is as geared as the hardcore. If you want shit handed out than almost any game you name will help you out with that. In todays MMO gaming it is all about the casual getting the same as everyone else, or having the option to pay to win.

That is way to much work for not that big of a problem.
Seems everyone is losing their minds trying to find out a solution for free pixels. Forum questing is not going to work. You will get some mobs out of this. But you guys expecting 100% rotation on EVERY SINGLE RAID MOB are delusional.

I do not think he mentions you lol? Dunno why your other posts about casual scum would matter, there are plenty of casual scum posts the past week.
Also dude is talking about people having 7 level 60s on one account. People that have them all on different accounts are either 1. probably banned because they shared accounts or 2. RMT accounts.
There is no need for characters on different accounts if you do not share them or sale them.

TL DR Good luck with forum questing for dragons

A great classic eq server like this is a blast. Like I said, I could care less about loot. If you care about loot, load up a free live account and within a week you'll have 10x better gear than you can get here. Its fun to relive the good old days of EQ. I actually do play when I'm not forum lurking. Actually one of the best parts of this era of EQ is that the difference between a "casual" and a " raider" was really not big. It wasn't until later expansions that the gap got huge. Have some fun. Play a great simulated version of the game that got us all hooked 14 years ago!

Laok
12-30-2013, 03:00 AM
I played on live in the "Classic" Era. I was Casual Scum and I was raider. I've never seen anything like this. There wasn't all this poopsocking. Did we park a ranger in a zone to check for spawns? Sure. Usually when someone needed an epic piece, LOOOOOONG after what is considered Classic. On Tribunal, I remember a dragon rotation, so quit whining and bitching that it's not classic. How many people here actually played in 1999-2000? I wonder how many of the people screaming that this or that isn't classic were even around to know what is or isn't classic?

On live you had the guilds full of uneployed basement dwellers, raiding 5-7 nights a week, you had the guild like the ones I raided in that raided 3 nights a week, and you had the casual scum. We didn't call them casual scum. They were just the people that didn't give a shit. They enjoyed the game at the solo or group level and it's social aspect. They weren't here to win. If you wanted your epic, you joined a raiding guild. You didn't join the only guild that could raid your epic loots, you joined A raiding guild. because most of the raiders could handle it. I haven't been on P99 terribly long, but I've only seen one bard epic. How many different guilds have killed trak in the last 6 months?

You dont want every raid mob on a rotation? Put only the epic raid mobs on one.

Matthalas Winterheart
12-30-2013, 03:14 AM

This goes along with what I posted yesterday in my thread, they owe none of us nothing. The staff here is of their own free will, If you don't like how things are run here..GTFO, its really that easy.. ::::Shrugs:::

Buellen
12-30-2013, 04:08 AM

The root of the problem is not game as it stand. The root of the problem is the players of this game. At some point your character /s is going to be max out in gear. At some point you will have killed all the biggest baddest bosses of current content a ton of times to acquire the pixels you wanted. How much is enough ? apparently to some raiders here their is no max amount of enough.

at no time can you feel you are entitled to anything form the staff. so what if game has been stuck in kunark all this time. you have had the fun of experiencing it. If the current content is not enough to satisfy you then move on to other things beside this game.

How people who play this game can get so much pleasure from preventing others from experiencing what they have totally dominated is beyond me. do people really need that to get some gratification in their life's ??

Garue 49th Level Half Elf Warrior // Buskier 34th Human Cleric // Shoul Der 37th Human monk.

Valoril
12-30-2013, 06:40 AM
If you wanted your epic, you joined a raiding guild. You didn't join the only guild that could raid your epic loots, you joined A raiding guild. because most of the raiders could handle it.

Yes, that's also how I remember it.
We had not only rotations but public raids.
Or semi public when a smaller guild hosted a raid and accepted people from outside.
Actually all raids I did in Fear were public.
I got my epic necro piece on CT in a public raid because .... I simply won the roll.
Nagafen, Vox, Trak, VS, Sky - I experienced these fights also on public raids.
We had a very strong Japanese guild on live but they would not try even in dream to prevent, leapfrog or disrupt public raids because they'd simply get banned.
They basically raided harder things in VP and took their turn on easier targets.

There is no significant difference in equipment between a casual 60 and a hardcore raider 60 - everybody can get correct resist gear and with a minimum of disciplin and a good raid leader, almost all content can be raided with a public 55-60 raid.

It's beyond me how some individuals here can talk about pre Velious raiding like if it was some rocket science reserved only for the happy few.
Sympathetic and friendly family guilds like Knights who say Ni or Supremacy are as able to raid most targets with a semi public 55-60 raid as any self appointed "elite" raiding guild.
Would these raids sometimes horribly fail ?
Sure like they did on live and so what ?

Atmas
12-30-2013, 01:08 PM

Enough of the bullshit. Casual Scum was a term made by people to try and add propaganda. You want to talk about classic EQ? You know what percent of people had epics in Kunark? You know what percentage of casual players had epics in Kunark? The problem is there is content available for a small fraction of people because at the time that was the percent of people who were in the high end. P99 has a different population breakdown and it puzzles me why people don't see that and exclusively blame the most active guild.