PDA

View Full Version : Blue Server Pop

phacemeltar
12-29-2013, 07:39 AM
i took like a 2 month break or so from p99, and when i returned i noticed that the server population in login screen is consistently higher than i remember it being before.

is there any data available showing server population growth over a period of time?

do the GMs/admins have any plans to help facilitate a larger playerbase in the near future? (login queue, alternate pve server, changed camp rules, etc)

is there a released timetable for the teams server? (i cant even explain how excited i am to play on something like that)

i realize im asking alot of questions that people have gotten tired of, but as i have been gone for some time i have missed certain dialogue pertaining to these subjects. any info will help?

Also i realize that the purpose of this server is to provide a near-classic experience, but maybe it would help to make a stronger community by utilizing some modern ideas to make the game more playable. as always i want to offer any help i can provide to Rogean and the gang, whether that be helping to distribute information or to provide ideas to an overworked staff. holler at a player.

Swish
12-29-2013, 09:22 AM
It does seem like December showed a big jump in numbers but I don't know how it compared to Thanksgiving...which I remember also being high. Holiday seasons = more casual players playing, which is great :)

Teams has been put back until after Velious is released, despite comments previously about how it's on Alecta who has nothing to do with Velious. I'm happy to wait and give it a try whenever it shows up.

More modern ideas? What are your thoughts? Mounts? Mercs? Drakkin? :p

Thulack
12-29-2013, 11:10 AM
So you been posting on a regular basis but havent seen Rogaen annoucement saying Teams was delayed or seen anything else server related in your daily forum travels that would answer all these questions for you?

phacemeltar
12-29-2013, 12:31 PM
So you been posting on a regular basis but havent seen Rogaen annoucement saying Teams was delayed or seen anything else server related in your daily forum travels that would answer all these questions for you?

nope.

More modern ideas? What are your thoughts? Mounts? Mercs? Drakkin?

so for modern ideas i mean to use technology in order to modify the server in ways that the original authors did not see possible. this could mean instanced dungeons, higher creep count or additional spawns, or even something i have not yet thought of.

on an unrelated note i was talking with someone about normalizing the stat count between original content and kunark through velious. this would mean that items of equal acquirable level share similar stat totals. also the amount of hp and damage done by mobs of similar levels could be balanced. obviously this would mean heavily altering the game, and this would leave us with a game very different from p99 but i think it would make for a more balanced and fun game both for beginners and veterans alike.

i do not mean to suggest that we create a new game altogether, but instead i hope to make some smaller changes in order to facilitate a larger community comfortably. i think that most of the "issues" here stem from there not being enough mobs.

radditsu
12-29-2013, 12:48 PM
More modern ideas? What are your thoughts? Mounts? Mercs? Drakkin? :p

Yes please.

Swish
12-29-2013, 12:52 PM
so for modern ideas i mean to use technology in order to modify the server in ways that the original authors did not see possible. this could mean instanced dungeons, higher creep count or additional spawns, or even something i have not yet thought of.

on an unrelated note i was talking with someone about normalizing the stat count between original content and kunark through velious. this would mean that items of equal acquirable level share similar stat totals. also the amount of hp and damage done by mobs of similar levels could be balanced. obviously this would mean heavily altering the game, and this would leave us with a game very different from p99 but i think it would make for a more balanced and fun game both for beginners and veterans alike.

i do not mean to suggest that we create a new game altogether, but instead i hope to make some smaller changes in order to facilitate a larger community comfortably. i think that most of the "issues" here stem from there not being enough mobs.

I don't think we'd see it on P99 but it sounds like a good idea for a server. Instanced stuff came around with LDON, which I loved in principle (particularly the time limits) if not for the fact that the rewards on vendors were terrible... so I'm sure a dev could work with that to apply it to whichever dungeon.

nilzark
12-29-2013, 01:01 PM
I support less balance, and more randomness. I don't want to know that every monster of a certain level has the same HPs, etc. More random spawn locations / walk routes would be nice, but I suspect that would cause a lot of unforeseen consequences.

As far as instanced dungeons, I remember not liking them in EQ or AO.