PDA

View Full Version : Server down?

Mymonk
11-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Since I tried to log in around 7pm est on Nov 29, Project1999 doesnt seem to be up as one of the servers available. Is it somethin wrong on my end or down due to patch or ddos?

Allizia
11-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Server is down, you can check this on the main page (www.project1999.org) on the upper right hand corner.

Zilo
11-29-2009, 10:21 PM
DDoS from the looks of it, its been off and on the past two days, especially today. Went down twice in the same hour and has been down for awhile now =(

Mymonk
11-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Ahh, ok thanks for the information.

Torrinn
11-29-2009, 10:55 PM
I guess the attacker stepped up the size of his bot network to overwhelm the DDoS protection of the new host.

Zarniwooop
11-29-2009, 10:59 PM
This is one butt-hurt little kid.

Brad_mo123
11-29-2009, 11:02 PM
I just dont get it though... clearly this person like never wants this server to be up and running, wish I knew what exactly the reason is, boredum from a no-life.... life or was he/she wronged in some way, maybe sexually abused as a child and this is his/her way of acting out? If your reading this now, I can help you, poor, poor soul.

Falisaty
11-29-2009, 11:14 PM
well he is going to be in a world of hurt if they catch him

scamp891
11-29-2009, 11:23 PM
The server had several "connected to zone: XXX" before it went down this time. Had the same message yesterday before it was down, then locked, then up. Not sure if server problem, hack attack, or what. Maybe the developers will let us know when they get some time. Methinks they may be busy ATT, unless they gave up the ghost.

Maximus
11-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Honestly what is this guys problem? wat is it that has set this self-righteous individual on a quest to end all Quests? Clearly he's not succeeded and not going to succeed in bringing the server down. could u just be a man, act like a normal human being and step up and talk about wat it is u want? or why u continuously keep wasting ur time to sadden an innocent community?
That or could u just fuk off? get a life or end ur pain by not living this pitiful waste of time u pass off as a righteous internet cleanser.
Seriously thats probably why you gotta continue to hide behind the internet because if i ever met you in real life i would kick your ass. and im sure most of society would too since ur a disgrace to it.
Have fun getting jailed someday. Say hi to bubba for me.
Fucking idiot

magic
11-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Man I could be exploi- err, raiding right now. Wait I'm not in IB.

Deanob
11-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Man I could be exploi- err, raiding right now. Wait I'm not in IB.

O.o

Somekid123
11-29-2009, 11:43 PM
^ Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwkward.

uncle
11-29-2009, 11:57 PM
I love how people think this guy is gonna go to jail to for this.

The guy is DDoSing a fucking everquest server. A free emu server at that. Cops could give 2 shits less that maybe 300 people at the most cant play a RPG. Sure it could be classified as cyber terrorism, but its a game server hes taking down. Hes not hacking a federal firewall or trying to steal peoples identities. Hes basically pissing off a bunch of nerds on a game and laughing his ass off about it, and when the GMs and people on the boards threaten him or tell him hes been beat, he steps up his shit.

Everyone keeps calling this guy an idiot and some kid with too much money. Well apparently hes just a tad bit smarter then that type. Hes managed to take down a new server that was supposed to prevent DDoS attacks.

Now Im a little upset that I cant play right now, but who cares. Go outside, turn on a TV, get a job. Do something else. Its not the end of the world.

Seriously drop the bullshit about how they are gonna lock this guy up for the rest of his life because he DDoSed a fucking emu game server.

Maximus
11-30-2009, 12:11 AM

The guy is DDoSing a fucking everquest server. A free emu server at that. Cops could give 2 shits less that maybe 300 people at the most cant play a RPG. Sure it could be classified as cyber terrorism, but its a game server hes taking down. Hes not hacking a federal firewall or trying to steal peoples identities. Hes basically pissing off a bunch of nerds on a game and laughing his ass off about it, and when the GMs and people on the boards threaten him or tell him hes been beat, he steps up his shit.

Everyone keeps calling this guy an idiot and some kid with too much money. Well apparently hes just a tad bit smarter then that type. Hes managed to take down a new server that was supposed to prevent DDoS attacks.

Now Im a little upset that I cant play right now, but who cares. Go outside, turn on a TV, get a job. Do something else. Its not the end of the world.

Seriously drop the bullshit about how they are gonna lock this guy up for the rest of his life because he DDoSed a fucking emu game server.

No one smart saying that he's gonna go to jail for this.
Granted with the type of personality that this guy has, DDoSing a free server for his own selfish enjoyment, is the same type of personality that will probably land him in jail some day for other actions.
Why are u supporting this guy's hacking into the new host server? this isn't a good thing to encourage, and just because he can do this does not mean he's not a fucking idiot, because he is, for the justification he uses to bring down a free server for his own enjoyment. Gtfo.
Now i am upset over this shit, i wanna be able to play Everquest whenever i get a chance to, and not have to deal with dumbasses like these. its not the end of the world, your right, its just annoying as hell. and supporting this guy's actions is really not the way to put an end to his selfish deeds.

Erik
11-30-2009, 12:42 AM
I dont believe anyone has said anything about supporting the person behind the attacks. I am pretty pissed that i can't play right now but i am not going to freak the fuck out over it. Uncle is being very blunt but it does seem to be what is happening. I just wish the bastard would take his shit elsewhere. (Ddos'er not Uncle)

magic
11-30-2009, 12:48 AM
No one smart saying that he's gonna go to jail for this.
Granted with the type of personality that this guy has, DDoSing a free server for his own selfish enjoyment, is the same type of personality that will probably land him in jail some day for other actions.
Why are u supporting this guy's hacking into the new host server? this isn't a good thing to encourage, and just because he can do this does not mean he's not a fucking idiot, because he is, for the justification he uses to bring down a free server for his own enjoyment. Gtfo.
Now i am upset over this shit, i wanna be able to play Everquest whenever i get a chance to, and not have to deal with dumbasses like these. its not the end of the world, your right, its just annoying as hell. and supporting this guy's actions is really not the way to put an end to his selfish deeds.

I don't really see how Uncle was supporting his actions. Saying that the person behind the DDOS has the personality of a person that will go to jail is profiling, and that sir IS illegal. The server will be up whenever it's back up. Spend some time doing RL stuff for once! I know my girlfriend is insanely happy with me right now and therefore I am happy :)

karsten
11-30-2009, 12:53 AM
you mean your hand

LOL

Icecometus
11-30-2009, 12:57 AM
He is reading this stuff right now.... of that I am sure. This whole affair illustrates how fragile this whole thing is, just one dedicated person can cause so much trouble for so many. Its truly unfortunate that everything has worked out this way.

If it was the (alleged) actions of the GMs, jealousy over the success of IB or simple malice is unclear but doesn't matter. I have seen the early hyper success of one guild on a progression server cause many to quit but not take efforts to destroy the server.

On that server the death of the bosses determined the progression so I can kinda understand but here, as far as I understand, there is no progression tied to the death of the Gods or whatever (thank God, hehe) and there should be plenty of time for the fast guilds to loot up and be done with the content for the most part and leave the way clear for the next generation of guilds.

haiguyz
11-30-2009, 01:09 AM
Honestly what is this guys problem? wat is it that has set this self-righteous individual on a quest to end all Quests? Clearly he's not succeeded and not going to succeed in bringing the server down. could u just be a man, act like a normal human being and step up and talk about wat it is u want? or why u continuously keep wasting ur time to sadden an innocent community?
That or could u just fuk off? get a life or end ur pain by not living this pitiful waste of time u pass off as a righteous internet cleanser.
Seriously thats probably why you gotta continue to hide behind the internet because if i ever met you in real life i would kick your ass. and im sure most of society would too since ur a disgrace to it.
Have fun getting jailed someday. Say hi to bubba for me.
Fucking idiot

i am the one that did it and i am gonna tell you why. i am a dev on another server but wont tell you which because it has nothing to do with the ddos. that is why i feel so strong about this game. i like this server so much that i was willing to step up and fight gm abuse and corruption.

rogean and nilbog they both were aware of what was going on the entire time and could have stopped it. when i saw users being banned for almost no reason at all i stepped up and demanded rules for gms. things changed for a short period of time but eventually the favoritism and corruption crept back. i told rogean that unless something was done i would attack again but he went afk and i waited days for a response. nilbog came back and started responding to me and told me he felt the same way about the corruption and favoritism but that the gms/devs would quit if he did anything against them. he also mentioned they didnt think much of him anyway. i said the fair way to end this was to revoke all the items that were taken during the hate/sky raids until they were reopened and permanently remove the mayong items until ib killed him again. nilbog said he thought that was the most fair way to deal with it but devs protested and thats why he had to say they could keep them. why are they so protective over ib? makes me wonder...

so now your donations are paying for a ddos protected server that is getting completely fucked anyway. how much are you paying now? $300 to $500 a month?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/Amadeo78/AnonymousDemotivator.jpg

Nizzarr
11-30-2009, 01:13 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/23m7tjd.jpg

Devil
11-30-2009, 01:14 AM

Seriously. Time to sit back and watch the shit hit the fan.

Ocaevia
11-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Oh wow.

Draax
Oooooooooooh boy.

Enig
>.<

Nizzarr
so basically you are cockblocking everyone out of the server for 2-3 piece of shitty hate gear, one plane of sky belt and a mayong dagger?

foxdragoon
Ohhhh Shiii

Reiker
I like how this random nobody comes in and tries to make it sound like IB's fault yet again. We were more than cooperative as players (no GMs involved) to give up those items, but were never requested to. You're so misinformed about what's going on on this server it's obvious you have nothing to do with it. Good-bye.

Devil
I'm furiously hitting F5 in anticipation

Matrim
11-30-2009, 01:16 AM
My money is definitely on Kringe from VZTZ. He's sort of a dev there, is known to play here, and he's pulled this exact same butt-hurt retribution before on that server.

I'm sure the people at emu.pwned.com can give you his personal info. It was dragged up before when he did this to vztz a few months ago.

Brad_mo123
11-30-2009, 01:16 AM

It's not about him doing this to our server, it's about him doing it to the server who hosts us. Project1999 pays for a server provider and to hack into the system or DDoS it you have to go through the provider which could be.. who knows some really big company and they have to be the ones to press charges and they absolutely can.

Devil
11-30-2009, 01:17 AM
I think that someone is just so bored in the servers absence they felt like making a new forum account, from perhaps through a proxy, and starting a shit throwing contest. Well done.

Cheech
11-30-2009, 01:20 AM
Regardless of all this bullshit about the GMs/IB. I could care less i just want to play on the server. The crap i have heard this past week really surprises me...

Enig
11-30-2009, 01:20 AM
My money is definitely on Kringe from VZTZ. He's sort of a dev there, is known to play here, and he's pulled this exact same butt-hurt retribution before on that server.

I'm sure the people at emu.pwned.com can give you his personal info. It was dragged up before when he did this to vztz a few months ago.

Wouldn't surprise me... it's who I thought was doing it anyway. Some of the asshattery on the vztz server is fubar. Some of those guys would do it just because they could without any further motivation.

Devil
11-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Regardless of all this bullshit about the GMs/IB. I could care less i just want to play on the server. The crap i have heard this past week really surprises me...

Agreed. While these types of threads about IB and GMs do raise some questions with the players of the server, it doesn't affect the populous in a way where there is total uproar to the point of DDoS'ing the server out of some kind of Boondock Saints style semi-righteous bullshit. If you had 100% proof of GM misconduct, make a thread about it, prove it, and get the players involved to fix it. Don't ruin the game for the majority of the players who are just PLAYING the fucking game for nostalgic purposes and to have a little fun in their spare time. For Christ sake it's a video game.

haiguyz
11-30-2009, 01:24 AM
I like how this random nobody comes in and tries to make it sound like IB's fault yet again. We were more than cooperative as players (no GMs involved) to give up those items, but were never requested to. You're so misinformed about what's going on on this server it's obvious you have nothing to do with it. Good-bye.

your not as well informed as you think you are. keep it going and you will never be able to play here again

Bigcountry23
11-30-2009, 01:24 AM
Regardless of all this bullshit about the GMs/IB. I could care less i just want to play on the server.

THIS X 9000

Zarniwooop
11-30-2009, 01:25 AM
I feel terrible pity for this kid.

He sees 500 or so people having a great time and decides he must stop it because he wasn't.

Christ, that's gonna be one miserable life.

I hope he realizes who he's really punishing soon. But, if he can think like this, he certainly won't.

Ocaevia
11-30-2009, 01:26 AM

Seriously.

haiguyz
11-30-2009, 01:27 AM
and just some food for thought before i go to bed...

the new attack cant be blocked without blocking everything :) cheers

Devil
11-30-2009, 01:27 AM
I can really only see someone taking down a poorly populated emulator server because they are a faggoty prick with nothing better to do with their time than ruin a few EQ fan's fun. To think that someone would actually be claiming to do it for a "noble cause" is a load of crap, and that's what this guy is.

cassaruby
11-30-2009, 01:28 AM
a douche calling others out on being douches.
there is a chance it's bullshit or maybe they're serious.

stop being fags (like the biker's the the southpark episode).

Skeletonya
11-30-2009, 01:29 AM
i am the one that did it.....

You sound like alot of the paranoid ass hats ive seen in the game so far.

Sorry, but Ive been in IB a week now, I havent seen anything that could be concidered cheating. They dont need to cheat.

If you didnt SUCK at socialization, and hard work, maybe you too could be raiding.

Step 1. Get to high level.
Step 2. Get as good gear as you can get.
Step 3. Get about 15-20 friends who can do steps 1 and 2 as well.
Step 4. Communicate with each other!
Step 5. Kill shit!

Profit!

This is how real raiding works! If you cant do that, why the fuck are you complaining about something you are incapable of doing?

STFU, and GTFO.

FYI, Trascendence is following those steps... They got a bunch of geared high levels.. they communicated with each others, and guess what? They managed to kill themselves a Dragon! Yay!

Is Transcendence cheating too?

gierkep
11-30-2009, 01:32 AM
and just some food for thought before i go to bed...

the new attack cant be blocked without blocking everything :) cheers

can you please just let us play, having a really shit day at work and could use some relaxing gametime

Ghaz
11-30-2009, 01:33 AM
I just got my full set of bronze and a pgt. Please stop all this. I only wish to relive the fun.

cassaruby
11-30-2009, 01:33 AM
This is how real raiding works!

1. play a game that never ends.
2. get to end game.
3. keep playing
4. Profit off loot.

This is how to run a Rat Race:
Step 1. Get to high level.
Step 2. Get as good gear as you can get.
Step 3. Get about 15-20 friends who can do steps 1 and 2 as well.
Step 4. Communicate with each other!
Step 5. Kill shit!

Alveus
11-30-2009, 01:34 AM
your not as well informed as you think you are. keep it going and you will never be able to play here again

Don't threaten people for stating their opinions. I'm calling flame, here.

DDoS attacks don't take mass amounts of hacking, skill, or any real ability whatsoever. Whoever's doing this is a script kiddie with a bot network.

Let me explain. There are programs floating around that have large networks connected to them, that allow your computer to be used for, and to orchestrate DDoS attacks. They're called bot networks. You get one of these programs, it's as simple as typing in the IP and pressing a button.

You can also just type a few commands into your cmd on windows and make it DoS and IP. (Just wouldn't be a DDoS)

Now... I don't really give two shits about who's doing this. This shit has been happening to any successful emu servers I've ever played on. This fucking entire community needs to pull together and quit thinking of it as a pissing contest. Our dicks are no bigger than theirs, and theirs no bigger than ours.

Instead of trying to figure out who it is, we need to figure out how to stop it, though DDoS is really the unblockable bane of servers. The only real way to stop it is to deny all access to any ports to anyone who doesn't provide a password to access the server. This would prevent bot spam from most networks.

Devil
11-30-2009, 01:34 AM
I know the GMs don't sit here all day and moderate the server and forums but how come there's not much of anything being said about this most recent attack?

Alveus
11-30-2009, 01:35 AM
Double post due to realization. Hai Guiez, is your dick so small you can't just sit and talk?

Draax
11-30-2009, 01:39 AM
the terrorists win. :(

Cheech
11-30-2009, 01:40 AM
I know the GMs don't sit here all day and moderate the server and forums but how come there's not much of anything being said about this most recent attack?

i agree where is the update of whats gonna happen or isn't going to happen. :confused:

Dartagnan
11-30-2009, 01:41 AM
While I may not be quite as blunt as Skeletonya about that, she does have a point. A lot of success comes from the fact of being able to organize a group of people to actually do things in the game. It's tough work being able to organize 15-30 people to kill these bosses.

I believe this is what sets apart IB right now. Our leaders are able to coordinate what we do each day very well.

This opportunity is out there for any group of individuals who would like to do the same thing.

I hope that my comments count for something among the people on this server. IB does not cheat. We all go through the headaches of killing these big bad guys. We even wiped out trying to break into fear one time and then after breaking in naked, the ddos attack happened.

I like competition, but do not care for false accusations. I wish people could have a competitive spirit around here and less expressed hateness at each other because those who compete with each other can still be friends at the end of the day. That's my wish for Christmas.

Will Santa bring that this year?

Erik
11-30-2009, 01:43 AM
What these attacks have shown me is how bad these other servers are. Also after every attack it seems like everyone who played here comes back. It seems to me like the people who play here want to play here. I don't give two shits if IB has access to things i dont, that is not important. I wouldn't even care if they all had access to kunark i am happy to play my game. And it seems like everyone else is too.

If you do not like the gms or the other players you are free to go play another fucking server. There are lots of 0 pop servers where you will be happy by yourself. We have the robin hood of the eq population trying to right the percieved wrongs of society great, please save me from the boredom of my server being down constantly.

Alveus
11-30-2009, 01:43 AM
Actually, you know what? You're just some self-richeous brat that thinks he, because he has power, can start shit with an entire server over a dev issue. You're only ruining that which you formerly stated, that you loved the server. You obviously don't as you're fucking shit up over a few fucking items that a few fucking people have.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.
WHO GIVES A FUCK?
I'M LEVEL TWO. TRYING TO GET MY DRUID TO WORK, BECAUSE MY WEST FREEPORT FILES ARE CORRUPTED.

You're RUINING the server. All this drama over a couple of fucking items... You've got to be kidding me.

You mentioned being a dev from another server.
How about I DDoS EVERY server until you start hurting?
Huh? Would that be FAIR?

Seuriu
11-30-2009, 01:46 AM
you're a fucking pussy holy shit. you're THAT upset over a video game and some loot? holy fuck. lol

Reiker

First of all, I may not be "well informed" but I am well-educated, and the proper use there is "you're" which is a contraction of 'you' and 'are.'

Second of all, what's not to be well informed about? Your problem is with Inglourious Basterds obtaining loot that "shouldn't be in the game." First of all, it was a miscommunication among the staff that allowed Sky and Hate to be open. Big deal, shit happens. We realize that we've obtained loot from these two zones that is no longer obtainable so we decided as a guild that it would be acceptable to bank these items until the planes officially release (bank, since we did actually put in the time and effort already to obtain the items). Here's where I think you're lying: if us having these items is really what has the DDOSer's panties in a bunch, then it seems like a perfect solution to just tell us to not use these items and everyone's life will go on (since, again, we were perfectly fine with this solution).

There were only two other loot issues. We also agreed to give up the two rogue daggers we obtained from the first Nagafen kill as well as our titles. Once again we were told to not worry about it, and hell, we have those daggers banked now. We've also shown that we have no problem downing Nagafen in a matter of a minute or two any time he spawns, so, again, no issue here.

Thirdly, Mayong Mistmoore. The Mayong issue is complicated since no one here has ever even fought him in his original state, so it's basically custom content. We did defeat him in a script deemed not to be his final script. This has a lot of issues.

The Mayong Mistmoore we defeated was still very very difficult and I'm sure much more difficult than even the classic Mayong. My reasoning is that his script was extremely advanced, even moreso than Kunark raids. Classic raiding never really strayed from tank-n-spank with DTs. We defeated a mob that's basically more difficult than Cazic Thule and only got the dagger for it. Not even the title. Sure the dagger is good, but there's a bunch of nearly equivalent weapons that we've obtained already.

Also we've fought what, 4 different Mayong scripts, all deemed to be "incorrect." I don't really see the problem in letting us keep one item after putting in all the hours to basically test this encounter when we could be elsewhere ie. Plane of Fear. The first time we defeated him (over two weeks ago) we were told, "come back next week when he respawns and he'll be the correct version." Well, we came back, and he's still not the right version.

Finally let's say a GM decides they no longer think we should keep that dagger. Now, it's not really my place to speak for the guild as a whole, but I'm sure we would give it up if requested. We may not agree with the decision (for the reasons outlined above), but we're not the loot hungry cheating group of degenerates that we seem to be gaining a reputation for.

So, I await your next list of grievances.

Bones
Actually, you know what? You're just some self-richeous brat that thinks he, because he has power, can start shit with an entire server over a dev issue. You're only ruining that which you formerly stated, that you loved the server. You obviously don't as you're fucking shit up over a few fucking items that a few fucking people have.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.
WHO GIVES A FUCK?
I'M LEVEL TWO. TRYING TO GET MY DRUID TO WORK, BECAUSE MY WEST FREEPORT FILES ARE CORRUPTED.

You're RUINING the server. All this drama over a couple of fucking items... You've got to be kidding me.

You mentioned being a dev from another server.
Huh? Would that be FAIR?

You realize we are dealing with a complete sociopath right?

Brad_mo123
Don't threaten people for stating their opinions. I'm calling flame, here.

DDoS attacks don't take mass amounts of hacking, skill, or any real ability whatsoever. Whoever's doing this is a script kiddie with a bot network.

Let me explain. There are programs floating around that have large networks connected to them, that allow your computer to be used for, and to orchestrate DDoS attacks. They're called bot networks. You get one of these programs, it's as simple as typing in the IP and pressing a button.

You can also just type a few commands into your cmd on windows and make it DoS and IP. (Just wouldn't be a DDoS)

Now... I don't really give two shits about who's doing this. This shit has been happening to any successful emu servers I've ever played on. This fucking entire community needs to pull together and quit thinking of it as a pissing contest. Our dicks are no bigger than theirs, and theirs no bigger than ours.

Instead of trying to figure out who it is, we need to figure out how to stop it, though DDoS is really the unblockable bane of servers. The only real way to stop it is to deny all access to any ports to anyone who doesn't provide a password to access the server. This would prevent bot spam from most networks.

They dont need a password, what DDoS does is fload the ports so 1000 attempted connections at the same time can cause a server crash or extreme lag. They can attempt to connect to the ip of the server many ways just it isnt effective unless many many attempts are done at the same time like said, 1000 or more it may take, not sure.

Just think of someone dodging balls, the ones with passwords and the right ones he dodges and the ones without passwords or wrong passwords he catches, if too many of one come at once, whats going to happen? They fall down (crash) even a computer can only dodge so many balls.

Nizzarr
Dart, Ill go with a safe guess and say no.

as far as Kringe goes, this kid got issues. help yourself kid!

also -- why let Secrets become a gm when its known he has somewhat close ties with Kringe.

Food for thought.

pirscuered
I call bull on this guy causing the issue. I think someone's just horribly bored.

Either way, way to log into a name and go to a forum set that allows other to track your IP address.

Cheech
11-30-2009, 01:48 AM
It seems to me like the people who play here want to play here. I don't give two shits if IB has access to things i dont, that is not important. I wouldn't even care if they all had access to kunark i am happy to play my game.

This is it right here.

Alveus
11-30-2009, 01:50 AM
They dont need a password, what DDoS does is fload the ports so 1000 attempted connections at the same time can cause a server crash or extreme lag. They can attempt to connect to the ip of the server many ways just it isnt effective unless many many attempts are done at the same time like said, 1000 or more it may take, not sure.

Which is why I said make it so you need a password to have any access to the ports at all on your IP. Otherwise it'll automatically refuse them instead of having to figure out what to do with them, which is what causes a DDoS to be effective...

Skeletonya
11-30-2009, 01:52 AM

Hmm... The Corbomite Maneuver. You hit me, I hit you back 100 times.

I like it.

Tovok
11-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Which is why I said make it so you need a password to have any access to the ports at all on your IP. Otherwise it'll automatically refuse them instead of having to figure out what to do with them, which is what causes a DDoS to be effective...

The closest thing to what I think you're thinking of is a VPN, which is not practical here.

cassaruby
While I may not be quite as blunt as Skeletonya about that, she does have a point. A lot of success comes from the fact of being able to organize a group of people to actually do things in the game. It's tough work being able to organize 15-30 people to kill these bosses.

I believe this is what sets apart IB right now.

It's not that hard to organize raids, you can't be lazy and you also need half a brain.

I think this is how it went down.
Everquest was emulated correctly, and people want to play again because everquest is awesome and addictive.
Then the pro players with too much time or really wanted to play everquest all naturally leveled to 50. The top guild was IB and they started dominating. As the conspiracy goes, they had help from the gods. There was no proof.

yeah I know, pretty lame ghost story.

Icecometus
As a suggestion for a resolution to the problem: server wipe and restart ;)

Nizzarr
11-30-2009, 01:57 AM

thats retarded.

IB would rise to the top again, Transcendence wouldnt have any nuts.

We'd kill shit and Kringe would be butthurt again and for no apparent reason DDoS this server some more. rinse and repeat.

Maximus
11-30-2009, 01:57 AM
i am the one that did it and i am gonna tell you why. i am a dev on another server but wont tell you which because it has nothing to do with the ddos. that is why i feel so strong about this game. i like this server so much that i was willing to step up and fight gm abuse and corruption.

rogean and nilbog they both were aware of what was going on the entire time and could have stopped it. when i saw users being banned for almost no reason at all i stepped up and demanded rules for gms. things changed for a short period of time but eventually the favoritism and corruption crept back. i told rogean that unless something was done i would attack again but he went afk and i waited days for a response. nilbog came back and started responding to me and told me he felt the same way about the corruption and favoritism but that the gms/devs would quit if he did anything against them. he also mentioned they didnt think much of him anyway. i said the fair way to end this was to revoke all the items that were taken during the hate/sky raids until they were reopened and permanently remove the mayong items until ib killed him again. nilbog said he thought that was the most fair way to deal with it but devs protested and thats why he had to say they could keep them. why are they so protective over ib? makes me wonder...

so now your donations are paying for a ddos protected server that is getting completely fucked anyway. how much are you paying now? $300 to $500 a month?

First of all i appreciate your honesty for stepping up and courage to try to fight certain fairness in a game we all love.
I see you won't post what server your from because u wouldn't want anything to happen to it, which some blunt headed person would do, in retaliation to you taking away our community home. But do you seriously want to be that donkey headed person that won't see past a couple flaws?
You seemed to have some internal information as to the favorism that is leaning towards certain groups, which im glad you do. theres been alot of heat circulating around the whole group and where there's smoke there's fire. More and more people are becoming aware of the growing favoritism.
But i plead with you for one second to be rational about the whole situation. I, like many others, came back to play this game for the challenge of the game and the community of friends it brings with it. Alot of us didn't come here to find a way to cheat the game or be the top in an inadequate way of achievement. This game's 10 years old, we've all seen what is able to be achieved and what is not. IB has some of the most skilled players i've seen, but just because certain groups are getting away with their away more doesn't mean their cheating. at least not the whole bunch.
This isn't a PvP player so getting to the top items isn't as important to me. Player skill is what ultimately makes anyone worth a damn in the game.
So please, let us enjoy the game we love. and if you have jealousy over top items and weapons that should not be attainable at this point, dont let it get to you. ignore it, like alot of the people are doing and keep enjoying your gameplay. Make your standpoint in game, and don't let it bring you down. because when this type of thing does happen, a certain person like you, is bringing alot of shit to many innocent crowds here.
my 2c
Mytho

Skeletonya
11-30-2009, 01:59 AM
The person doing this ranks up there with people who believe UFO's and aliens visit earth, Yeti's and sasquatch play in the forests, Loch Ness Monsters swim in the deep, and other stupid paranormal conspiracy crap.

We never went to the moon, JFK was shot by the mafia, CIA, KGB, and NBC, IB is cheating, and 9/11 was perpetrated by Bush.

Erik
11-30-2009, 02:01 AM

That is the solution, it is up to the server population though i can get everything back and if this is an option for everyone else lets do it. i am all for starting over if the server can stay up. As long as it doesnt alienate the server population that matters.

Zilo
11-30-2009, 02:03 AM
Ehh i see how a clean slate would...ease some of the tension, but Much like people did when this server first came out, 2,3 or four weeks later.....it will be just like how it is today. Plus lvlin a Ranger is tough, dont wanna have to go through it again =P......not to mention re camp guise. I hope it all gets better again so we can play!

Icecometus
11-30-2009, 02:05 AM
thats retarded.

IB would rise to the top again, Transcendence wouldnt have any nuts.

We'd kill shit and Kringe would be butthurt again and for no apparent reason DDoS this server some more. rinse and repeat.

Dude, I am only half serious and I have no doubt that IB would again rise to the top and get to do the content in a form more in line with the Devs intentions.

I have seen this before and the raid encounters are almost always beefed up after the first guild of Vent superstars clears them easily ;)

All that being said I am bummed I am not playing right now so if the DDoSer gets off on that sort of thing get out your lube hehe :rolleyes:

cassaruby
11-30-2009, 02:06 AM
seriously, fuck this guy, don't even compromise. if he's right, then let's move on and stop being corrupt 'cause this situation is stupid.

he is just acting out and continue's to do this we'll still get passed it, but for now fuck him.

don't give in to his demands or be sheep, don't give him that power.

If whatever problem continues then you can rage, but at this point it's pathetic.

Oh, and if the server were to wipe, it would be useful to keep our current server for beta testing, and the gm's can re-do the bugs themselves on the offical server, then people still have their characters and can beta test.

Daydrem
11-30-2009, 02:06 AM
The biggest problem for wiping and restarting is what if drama crap happens again... do they just wipe again?

Draax
11-30-2009, 02:07 AM
well aside from I only have two characters level 20, I dont see what the big deal of a wipe would do. It seems with so many exploits and such being fixed its almost like a last phase of an open beta. At least now if things were re-set there wouldn't be so much finger pointing and the like (not to mention the high amount of people that joined later could catch up to the leveling wave this time). But yes it wouldn't really be fair to the people who already level up into their 40s+ legit, would be something to take a Poll on I guess.

Icecometus
11-30-2009, 02:09 AM
I think we could look at the last 2 months as a theta test, only the fury of peeps who know they are playing for real can uncover the true problems on a server.

tycho100
11-30-2009, 02:12 AM
lol, what a sadcase - honestly, Haiguyz sounds like he is about ten years old. Wah wah wah, I want my items, i want my guild to be awesome, i want i want i want!

Dolalin
Basically what's being done, by the sounds of it, is a protocol attack on the EQ port of the server machine. So yea, you can't block the DDoS without blocking all legitimate requests.

Unless you have an edge router with whitelisted IP addresses of verified clients, and the rest null-routed. That's the only real option I see here.

If this is being hosted with DDoS proxy protection, it's possible they might allow IP whitelisting on the proxy. I really have no idea. But then that would be a massive task, individually whitelisting all players... jesus I wouldn't wanna think about setting that up, it would take hours.

Erik
The point would be that all of us would be created equal. Those who have more time than others will be higher level than the rest of the population. thats how it is anyway. Just let everyone play for themselves and don't create a way for some people to be more equal than others.

Nizzarr
11-30-2009, 02:15 AM
How is a wipe a solution? What does it accomplish? Give me some good reasons or im not buying into it.

Dartagnan
11-30-2009, 02:15 AM
I don't think it's fair to those who have spent a lot of time leveling and doing things although at this point I don't really care because I'd like to at least have a server to actually play on.

It would really be nice to find out from our devs what exactly is going on. I don't understand why there has been no update or explanation especially because we got updates from before.

For all we know this may not be the actual person and just someone else stirring the pot.

All this over planar loot and a mistmoore dagger? Seriously?

Cheech
11-30-2009, 02:17 AM
I would hate to start over, but all in all it would be for the best. There is so much you did this, i did this crap its pathetic. I don't know who to believe with all this crap, but like i said i dont really care. This is the closest thing ive seen to classic as its gonna get. ALL this childish finger pointing is garbage. Either make a server fair or why make it at all.

Dart i think there is alot more to it then just the planar loots..

Alveus
11-30-2009, 02:18 AM
Basically what's being done, by the sounds of it, is a protocol attack on the EQ port of the server machine. So yea, you can't block the DDoS without blocking all legitimate requests.

Unless you have an edge router with whitelisted IP addresses of verified clients, and the rest null-routed. That's the only real option I see here.

If this is being hosted with DDoS proxy protection, it's possible they might allow IP whitelisting on the proxy. I really have no idea. But then that would be a massive task, individually whitelisting all players... jesus I wouldn't wanna think about setting that up, it would take hours.

This is why i'm saying they could set up some kind of password scheme to throw your ip address on the white list. The bots wouldn't be able to enter the password.

cassaruby
11-30-2009, 02:19 AM
How is a wipe a solution? What does it accomplish? Give me some good reasons or im not buying into it.

It's not but it's part of the human condition or at least in our society to want fairness, when the world's not really fair. so you can expect people to complain about this bullshit.

I have rights and he has more than me blah blah blah.

Dolalin
11-30-2009, 02:20 AM
Alveus, that's not really feasible unless you want us all to VPN into the server, which would be obnoxious.

No, a proxy whitelist is the only way around this. People would register on the forums and have their subnet whitelisted on the proxy.

Allizia
This is why i'm saying they could set up some kind of password scheme to throw your ip address on the white list. The bots wouldn't be able to enter the password.

This would be a massive task complete with daily required maintenance. Some people play from several IPs as well. I'm not even sure it would work even then, as I don't think it's based on successful logins, but attempted log ins

Devil
If there is someone disgruntled enough to repeatedly DDoS the server I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give a shit if the server was wiped or not. Wouldn't accomplish anything. This dude is saying he's doing it and is going to keep doing it until Rogean basically admits to GM corruption and takes back XYZ items given 'unfairly' blah blah blah. It's a bunch of bullshit and if it's really true that this guy is doing this he needs to be caught by the host and imprisoned for being a huge faggoty douche.

Zarniwooop
you're a fucking pussy holy shit. you're THAT upset over a video game and some loot? holy fuck. lol

If even Seuriu calls you a pussy, you probably are one (as she doesn't say that stuff very often).

The end.

Icecometus
11-30-2009, 02:21 AM
The obvious problems that came to light during many of the sever firsts could be fixed.

It is seems like the person doing the attacks has an issue with said problems.

Many peeps got a late start and we now have a nice stable population that is exited about playing so the early game would be even closer to how it was back in 1999.

All of us have abandoned high level characters with great gear to start again somewhere new and this would not be any different.

I would bet a great deal that if we did restart that the DDoS attacks would stop for good ;) <--- best reason

Dolalin
11-30-2009, 02:22 AM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/517631/698617.jpg

Cheech
11-30-2009, 02:23 AM
If there is someone disgruntled enough to repeatedly DDoS the server I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give a shit if the server was wiped or not. Wouldn't accomplish anything. This dude is saying he's doing it and is going to keep doing it until Rogean basically admits to GM corruption and takes back XYZ items given 'unfairly' blah blah blah. It's a bunch of bullshit and if it's really true that this guy is doing this he needs to be caught by the host and imprisoned for being a huge faggoty douche.

Maybe it is the guy and we are not getting any updates cause its true? Who knows.

Dolalin
11-30-2009, 02:23 AM
I would bet a great deal that if we did restart that the DDoS attacks would stop for good ;) <--- best reason

Until the next retard with a stick up his ass decides to get all butthurt over random_perceived_intarnet_injustice01. Then where does that leave us? Server wiped and still up shit creek. No thanks.

Zilo
11-30-2009, 02:24 AM
A wipe would be the most unfair thing in the this whole project. Just because one person doesnt get their way, doesnt mean other people have to suffer. and if this whole thing is over gear, seriously wtf.....a lvl 50 warrior with the best gear on the server in classic would get owned by a unequiped lvl 50 caster (necro, wiz, ench, mage) . So taking away gear wouldnt do a thing anyways, not to mention a wipe.....its jus gunna happen again. There is always gunna be rivalry, there is always gunna be some sort of corruption, NO MATTER WHAT. So Get over it who ever is doing all this shit, and everyone ITS A GAME........IMHO. Can't we all just get along?! :)

Erik
11-30-2009, 02:25 AM
As far as a server wipe is concerned, it would definately suck. But if it is a necessary evil so be it. It would be better to start over than to constantly have to deal with the server being down. Hell level 50 doesn't matter much if you cant play.

Dartagnan
The obvious problems that came to light during many of the sever firsts could be fixed.

It is seems like the person doing the attacks has an issue with said problems.

Many peeps got a late start and we now have a nice stable population that is exited about playing so the early game would be even closer to how it was back in 1999.

All of us have abandoned high level characters with great gear to start again somewhere new and this would not be any different.

Unfortunately I do not think this would be correct. You wipe this server and you give this person complete power. Any deviation from their ideology of how this server should run would only start this crap again.

We either find a way to protect the server and fight back, drop the project, or give the ring to Sauron and live in fear of displeasing him.

cassaruby
Let's make up conspiracies.

Nilbog did it, for your own good. Now behave.

Icecometus
11-30-2009, 02:26 AM
We are up shit creek now, where is your paddle? I know I forgot mine...

Dabamf
11-30-2009, 02:27 AM
If you're goal of DDOSing is to get the server to change, what happens when rogean finally says fuck it and shuts it down for good? That solution is no better.

So...what is the goal here? You say the server is corrupt and want it to change. So make your case. Your explanation is too general. "IB did xyz, GM did abc." How about listing exactly what is required of the server that will make you happy again and stop the attacks? Specifics, such as soandso_gm gets removed from power, fgh item gets removed from soandso's backpack, etc. Be specific. If you brought forth evidence and specific accusations of people, you might actually get some of the playerbase behind you, which would pressure the GMs to make a change more than just your DDoS is doing.

Currently, you have everyone against you because you're shutting down the server they like to play on. If you want change to happen, you need the players on your side. It won't happen without that.

Ultimately, unless you have a clearly defined goal of what you hope to accomplish by shutting the server down, you aren't accomplishing anything. If you can't change rogean/nilblog's mind, then that's the way it is. And lets say for arguments' sake that everything you say is true. If the top GMs won't change anything, then the reality is that we have a corrupt server. Now, you can't change that, it either exists and is corrupt, or it doesn't exist. The legit server you want to play on does not exist. So accept that, and then you can then decide to (a)play on a corrupt server, or (b) don't. If you can't accept the reality with which you are presented, you are just hurting people who have nothing to do with the things you accuse others of. If you can't change anything (and you can't, without getting the players on your side), then a legit everquest progression server does not exist in this universe. Jennifer Love Hewitt was once the hottest girl on the planet, and now she's not even close. I want her to be that same girl again, but that's not one of the options with which I am presented, so I can accept my fate of a world without young Jennifer Love Hewitt, or fight reality in an inevitably losing battle.

To anyone else: I'm not siding with anyone and don't know any first hand info about any accusations, so don't assume that because I'm accepting his point of view for arguments' sake, that I accept his point of view.

To IB: Obviously saying "there is no cheating going on blah blah" is a total waste of time. This guy thinks there is, you think your "there's no cheating" post is gonna make him go "OH WOW I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY!!!11!"? Whenever you argue with someone, you gotta argue based on their premises or you get no where.

Devil
11-30-2009, 02:28 AM
http://www.thetechlounge.com/files/news/images/1246614623_ddos.gif

Erik
We are up shit creek now, where is your paddle? I know I forgot mine...

shit i knew i forgot somthing

Zarniwooop
I'm just waiting for word about what is happening next.

I don't believe for a minute the person(s) will stop being what they are no matter what the devs do. Most opinions are based on emotion and not reason. That means that they become dead set in their opinions and there's rarely any going back for most morons in the world. Therefore, let's just wait and see how they're going to get the server up and somewhat protected.

Because the person doing this is probably in too much denial over the wreckage of their own life to ever acknowledge a compromise.

Allizia
11-30-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm the one that brought up some of these issues, but it's done, it's over, they are dead, move on.

Hell, IB and Trans were in PoF together (Trans clearing trash and IB killing Dracho/dinging a bugged CT script) We talk trash to each other and compete on some spawns, but that's it. I killed the PoD with Fugly and Otto saved my twink from a goblin, just relax and play the game.

EQ was never 100% completely fair and equal, heh, look at rangers.

Joebrew
11-30-2009, 02:30 AM

Really? Really dude....Your going to deny everyone the chance to play the game because some people cheated....weak...all the beta testing and years building the server going to waste because you didn't get what you want. typical spoiled brat...why don't you use all that pent up frustration and do something that actually matters in the world, instead of messing with peoples free time. Man...that's the internet for you though, cowards seem to grow balls of steel when combating the injustices of the gaming world...nice job tough guy...You've made your point now what do you want all of us to do? beg you to stop? fuck you...Anyways I have real life to attend to.. Peace and I hope you read this...and I don't know maybe you should try to help out this community to get your point across instead of being a total dick...

iggi
11-30-2009, 02:30 AM

Quoting from IRC:

(12:50:45 AM) anon: was only trying to lag it
(12:50:55 AM) anon: but i guess i crashed it
(12:51:03 AM) anon: i even went easy on it
(12:51:47 AM) anon: its not like im demanding free shit
(12:52:08 AM) anon: if i wanted to ruin this server completely i could
(12:52:13 AM) anon: id ruin the economy
(12:52:20 AM) anon: then ddos it into oblivion
(12:52:21 AM) ramuza: i doubt what you are asking will be done
(12:52:29 AM) anon: it would end up just like vztz

Anyone want to pull up that info again?

Erik
11-30-2009, 02:32 AM
If he is a dev for another server why the hell does he play here. Go enjoy your own handiwork sir i am sure it is magnificent.

Draax
11-30-2009, 02:33 AM
The legit server you want to play on does not exist. So accept that, and then you can then decide to (a)play on a corrupt server, or (b) don't.

I don't really see why its so hard to be a legit GM or dev. Emu's have gotten the rep of being corrupt gm power. If your taking time and money to run a server why even take a chance at destroying it with corrupt use of power, when in reality, its not really free!

Zarniwooop
11-30-2009, 02:34 AM
You're wasting your time believing the word of someone that's anon.

He is doing it because he gets off on it. I cannot understand why people are trying to moderate or reason with the person. They get off on it. That's it. They love the idea of causing others to suffer because this is the only place they can find to have power.

That's it. The end.

cassaruby
11-30-2009, 02:35 AM

just watch the show, no one needs to push this issue, it's shitting all over itself, the shit storm will be over soon.

Devil
11-30-2009, 02:36 AM
There were corrupt GM's on live servers. Do people not know this? STFU and play the game. Play EQ because you like a challenge? Unfair treatment to other players adds more to the challenge. Again STFU and play the game.

Zarniwooop
11-30-2009, 02:36 AM
I don't really see why its so hard to be a legit GM or dev. Emu's have gotten the rep of being corrupt gm power. If your taking time and money to run a server why even take a chance at destroying it with corrupt use of power, when in reality, its not really free!

Jesus, shut up. All these wild claims of corrupt GMs. I've seen nothing but people putting in their free time to make something we all wanted to play and still love.

Some people will see a conspiracy in anything. It's free. Look up the definition. A few of us donate so that it remains so. This has nothing to do with GMs or anything else. It has to do with one kid who hates his life.

Cheech
11-30-2009, 02:37 AM
You're wasting your time believing the word of someone that's anon.

He is doing it because he gets off on it. I cannot understand why people are trying to moderate or reason with the person. They get off on it. That's it. They love the idea of causing others to suffer because this is the only place they can find to have power.

That's it. The end.

This person may be anon. The fact is i've heard the same shit from people in game.

Icecometus
11-30-2009, 02:38 AM
Restart :D

tokso
It's a PVE server. Other people having good gear does not hurt you, it can only help.

Stanley
So disappointing. EQ is about fun. If someone cheated well it happens.

Welcome to a game people loose all the time!

Zarniwooop
11-30-2009, 02:39 AM
This person may be anon. The fact is i've heard the same shit from people in game.

So what?

What's next? He loses an item in a server crash and ddos' until he gets it back?

Even if the devs did cave to whatever bizarre thing this idiot wants, he'll simply continue. He doesn't even think what he's doing is wrong. This isn't a normal human being. This is a defect. There's no rational discourse possible with a defective person like this.

Stanley
11-30-2009, 02:40 AM
There's no rational discourse possible with a defective person like this.

That's tru!

tycho100
11-30-2009, 02:41 AM
It's hilarious when people get all uppity about GMs on emu servers - it's their sandbox, not yours, mine or anyone elses - they let us play in their sandbox.

What are their obligations to us? none. nada. zip.

They can boot people if they want, spawn in and fuck you up at random, take all your plat away while laughing at you - we have no right to complain. The only 'right' we have is to stop playing here and go someplace else. To the DDoSer - move on, and abandon your insignificant and misguided crusade.

Draax
11-30-2009, 02:42 AM
This isn't a normal human being. This is a defect. There's no rational discourse possible with a defective person like this.

Agreed

Alveus
He doesn't even think what he's doing is wrong. This isn't a normal human being. This is a defect. There's no rational discourse possible with a defective person like this.

An internet hate machine? I still say I should just DDoS every other server until he caves. I'd then post the same bullshit under the same name and get everyone hunting for him. Lulz would be had.

Erik
He may keep doing it he may not. Take away his/her moral soap box. That is what a restart would accomplish. I would rather play than not play. I will accept whatever the devs decide to do.

Erik
11-30-2009, 02:44 AM
It's hilarious when people get all uppity about GMs on emu servers - it's their sandbox, not yours, mine or anyone elses - they let us play in their sandbox.

They can boot people if they want, spawn in and fuck you up at random, take all your plat away while laughing at you - we have no right to complain. The only 'right' we have is to stop playing here and go someplace else. To the DDoSer - move on, and abandon your insignificant and misguided crusade.

Amen

Zilo
11-30-2009, 02:44 AM
Jesus, shut up. All these wild claims of corrupt GMs. I've seen nothing but people putting in their free time to make something we all wanted to play and still love.

Some people will see a conspiracy in anything. It's free. Look up the definition. A few of us donate so that it remains so. This has nothing to do with GMs or anything else. It has to do with one kid who hates his life.

/Nod. This reply FTW! Its a game...its a free game, not to mention, its a fun and enjoyable. Also not a right, its a privelegde*

*=Check spelling

Jero
11-30-2009, 02:46 AM
did anyone give any thought to this server could be taking away 500 possible subs to EQ live ?

which equals 7500 dollars a month ... dun dun dun

SOE def has the capabilty to take down a server and be anon about it

Zarniwooop
11-30-2009, 02:47 AM
Seriously, enough with the "who might this be?" stuff.

SOE has better stuff to do. This game threatens them not at all.

If SOE wanted to take these down they'd do it in court not with a DDOS attack.

cassaruby
11-30-2009, 02:47 AM
did anyone give any thought to this server could be taking away 500 possible subs to EQ live ?

sweet conspiracy bro.

Brad_mo123
11-30-2009, 02:48 AM

So everyone on the server has to suffer so you can make a point? I'd like to remind you that the 300 some odd people who have nothing to do with this are being denied service becuase you have a grudge. You will never make it anywhere in life and your pathetic attempts to do something is a reflection on your life. Clearly you were very neglected and have to act out to extremes to get noticed becuase no one cares about your idiotic ideals becuase you are the only one who fines them right. The odds are clearly against you and you are rather dumb indeed becuase attacking these servers ARE against the law becuase where they are hosted, that company is taking the damage as well and with your IP in their hands and now ours, your in for a world of hurt buddy, lmao cant wait to see your brains on the end of my base ball bat boy.

Erik
11-30-2009, 02:48 AM

then they would hit all of them. Why is it only project 1999? It would be moronic to hit one server and not the others.

Jero
11-30-2009, 02:49 AM
Seriously, enough with the "who might this be?" stuff.

SOE has better stuff to do. This game threatens them not at all.

have someone take 7,500 dollars a month out of your pocket and tell me it doesnt effect you ...

Clueglue
You guys keep claiming that this person(s) is a "defect" or "hates his life", etc. I hope you all realize that this is far from the truth. I would bet anything this person(s) not only loves his life, but loves himself and everything he does. I'm sure he has a raging hardon at this very second reading all of you cry all night long. Then he proceeds to the mirror to finish himself off.

As far as a server wipe goes, it would be a 100% waste of time. Nothing would change. The favoritism would still be there and the DDOS attacks would start up again. To be honest, they would never stop. This person doesn't want a server wipe. I doubt he wants anything but to ruin everyone's day. Shit, I doubt he even plays on eqemu.

Seriously though, he thrives on these threads being created. Instead of crying, let's all pretend to be happy that the server is down.

Alveus

I agree so entirely it's not funny. GMs do what they want because it is theirs. Though we do donate to play it, it is still theirs. They do what they have to, and do what they see as fair, and that's the best we'll get.

Zilo

Good thought=) Just a question though, why aren't there DDoS attacks on PEQ/EZ,ect? theres another 500 subs to eq live......but at this point seems like anything is possible......even if your kidding about what i just quoted...just wanted to ask that question

Jero
11-30-2009, 02:50 AM
then they would hit all of them. Why is it only project 1999? It would be moronic to hit one server and not the others.

other servers have like 10 people 6 boxxing on em

Allizia
your in for a world of hurt buddy, lmao cant wait to see your brains on the end of my base ball bat boy.

Woah, simmah down now =P this will likely just encourage him

Zarniwooop
have someone take 7,500 dollars a month out of your pocket and tell me it doesnt effect you ...

Are you capable of differentiating between me and SOE?

Erik
11-30-2009, 02:51 AM

that is not just this server hit project everquest too. Hell take down the whold list of servers. They are targeting one server for their money . Yep good idea. 15,000 > 7,500

Erik
11-30-2009, 02:52 AM
other servers have like 10 people 6 boxxing on em

wow PEQ has 10 actual people playing, shit i dont have that many hands. GORO get of those computers!!! Must be a plat farm on shokan or something.

Alveus
11-30-2009, 02:53 AM
Wow. Just drop the SoE topic. I think, after all these years, they've realized we are trying to attain and play something that we are fond, and nostalgic of. They've long since left us alone.

Jero
11-30-2009, 02:53 AM
^ tunnel vision

cassaruby
11-30-2009, 02:57 AM
Until the GM's claim it to be their server

....it appears it's the eq fan's server. and the gm's wanna play with us, unless we suck ass, in which it would be a good idea for the gm's to claim their server.

Pheer
11-30-2009, 02:58 AM
Why would SoE ddos an emulator server? Are you retarded? If they really wanted this shut down they could do it through legal means. If you think theyre paying some supernerd on their payroll extra under the table to "lean" on a particular emu server then youve suffered some very recent head trauma.

Insidious
11-30-2009, 02:58 AM
For once I agree with Clueglue.

It's just like dealing with a little kid.

Seriously, his wrongdoings are being fed from our blatantly obvious and pathetic pleas and hateful retorts.

I know this will never happen... but stop feeding the killer.

Erik
11-30-2009, 02:59 AM
Why would SoE ddos an emulator server? Are you retarded? If they really wanted this shut down they could do it through legal means. If you think theyre paying some supernerd on their payroll extra under the table to "lean" on a particular emu server then youve suffered some very recent head trauma.

You are correct.

LittleSorcerer7
11-30-2009, 02:59 AM
Alrighty, I've read a bunch of stuff about people seeing reset fit among other things, but does anyone know what the Gm's think of this whole ddos yet? Just wondering if there's any word yet.

Allizia
11-30-2009, 03:01 AM
For once I agree with Clueglue.

It's just like dealing with a little kid.

Seriously, his wrongdoings are being fed from our blatantly obvious and pathetic pleas and hateful retorts.

I know this will never happen... but stop feeding the killer.

^ This

Stop with the death threats etc. Have some fun instead, post some youtube videos or work on wife/gf rep. The server isn't going anywhere, even if he DDoS's it all week long it will pick back up right where it left off.

Ektar
11-30-2009, 03:01 AM
zomg I started reading the thread when it had 9 pages. I just ended on page 15! stop posting or I can't go to bed! stop posting FOR MEEEEE!

Are you kidding? 4 new posts while I was making this one! lol =D edit, btw

Scrooge
11-30-2009, 03:02 AM
FYI, there are services around the net which specifically cater to this kind of problem....google's your friend.

Erik
11-30-2009, 03:04 AM
zomg I started reading the thread when it had 9 pages. I just ended on page 15! stop posting or I can't go to bed! stop posting FOR MEEEEE!

Are you kidding? 4 new posts while I was making this one! lol =D edit, btw

I am sorry ektar

We have yet to hear from the GMs

Auvdar
11-30-2009, 03:04 AM
So this is happening because someone got there e-peen hurt... in an online game.... that is 10 years old..... on a free server?.... I'm so moving to an African village were things like this get your head cut-off and stuck on a wooden spear.

Cruel_Novo
11-30-2009, 03:05 AM
Long post... but interesting stuff. <anon> claims to be the one doing the DDoS.
From IRC tonight (Had to edit some out to get it under the 10000 limit):
-----

<ramuza>who is this dildo on the forums "haiguyz" who is saying he's responsible for the ddos
<anon>me
<ramuza>oic
<ramuza>why are you a dildo
<anon>you read my post, you know why
<ramuza>because you are bored?
<anon>no
<anon>read it
<ramuza>because you want to ruin peoples fun ? :(
<ramuza>I read it.
<ramuza>Just strikes me odd that someone would actually do such a thing and claim it to be some kind of righteous cause, when in reality the majority of players could care less about emu server drama
<ramuza>Just want to play...for the purpose of playing
<ramuza>To deny a couple hundred people that over a personal grudge well...it's selfish and retarded.
<Cruel>so, anon, is Rogean the only person that can give you what you need to end the denial of service? Set some rules for GM's (and maybe take back some gear) - but mainly set some rules?
<anon>rogean or nilbog apparently
<Cruel>And the intention of the denial of service is to get all of the "average" players to put peer pressure on them? And shed some light on some "shady" situations?
<anon>no
<Cruel>oh, well then outside of talking with them, what is the purpose of the dos if not to bring it to "joe users" like me?
<anon>because they put in hundreds of hours into this and why would they want to fuck it up just to give a few of their friends shit
<ramuza>why do you care so much
<iggi1>honestly, I feel like this is some grade school BS, if they pissed you off why the hell would you want to continue on a server you have been wronged on?
<anon>i am the internet
<anon>and i will take back whats wrong
<Cruel>"internet" or "Internet" ? 'cause I would go for the capital "I" for sure - kinda like god vs. God
<anon>nobody else can stand up and fight so i will
<iggi1>you osund like your 13 years old or just some guy who has no life and no job
<ramuza>if you really thought you were so right why didnt you go about it in a more civil way that included actual proof of your accusations and try to rally support from concerned players
<ramuza>instead of ruining everyones ability to play at all
<anon>i did
<ramuza>including all of the people who could care LESS
<ramuza>about GM/IB "server drama"
<anon>you can blame rogean and nilbog for this
<iggi1>this is like negotiating with a terrorist, wait DDoS is actually recongized as cyber terrorism
<Cruel>He's actually getting a lot of attention now - obviously from the wrong people - but attention none the less
<anon>not only did they attempt to stall me but they mocked me when they switched to this ddos protected host
<anon>so now its personal
<anon>if you want shit to work talk to rogean and nilbog
<ramuza>so youd just rather try to shut down the whole op
<anon>they have the power to end it
<ramuza>even though you said you enjoyed the server so muhc
<anon>yeah
<anon>because its not worth playing currently
<Cruel>Hey! I thought you said you weren't doing this so we would put pressure on them. I specifically asked you this.
<ramuza>i just dont see how something so little like the accusations you posted in your thread could mean so much
<ramuza>and i also dont see why 1 person gets to be the judge of whether or not "its worth playing"
<anon>well it would help but the original intent wasnt to make it die for however long its been down
<ramuza>since you are no more a part of the server than any other player
<anon>was only trying to lag it
<anon>but i guess i crashed it
<anon>i even went easy on it
<anon>its not like im demanding free shit
<anon>if i wanted to ruin this server completely i could
<anon>id ruin the economy
<anon>then ddos it into oblivion
<ramuza>i doubt what you are asking will be done
<anon>it would end up just like vztz
<ramuza>people are running the server because they wanted to attempt to provide a classic experience for veteran players who enjoyed the game and wanted another go at it
<anon>there is a lot of shit going on that cant be easily proven
<Cruel>If your accusations are true; I, oddly, in principal agree with you. I don't agree with your means to get this resolved... but I don't think some people should be able to provide/receive special treatment
<ramuza>do you really think people putting their time into a free game will fight to keep it alive
<anon>when you put your time into something its not for free. you get experience and notoriety out of it
<ramuza>corruption is rampant in all types of society whether it be real or virtual.
<anon>so why not fight it
<anon>there are servers that arent corrupt
<ramuza>and what your claiming doesnt affect the majority of people. if it did there would be a lot more talk about it
<ramuza>they dont offer the same experience as this one currently does
<anon>exactly
<ramuza>people dont care about gm corruption. it was small. its not hugely rampant that anyone can see
<ramuza>and people dont care about ddos attacks either
<ramuza>they play when the server is up
<ramuza>and they do something else when you take it down
<anon>people care
<iggi1>I don't.
<anon>this server will die if people cant play it on their own schedule
<ramuza>they know they are investing time in something that could be gone any day
<Cruel>I think it's something else... I think we are hearing about a surface issue or this 'anon' guy is just having a good time in IRC and has nothing to do with the server being down
<ramuza>im sure they care but its SLIGHT
<anon>thats what i mean. they care about their invested time
<Cruel>there is no way someone will take the time to manufacture a DDoS to stop ~300 people from playing a free game.
<ramuza>like i said, its free, and could be gone at any time
<ramuza>you can only put so much into that. i doubt anyone is going to nerd rage to the point of suicide if this server never surfaces again
<ramuza>its not really 'manufacturing' shit
<ramuza>its not rocket science
<ramuza>You and i could do some google work and probably get the same result
<iggi1>it takes time, but the code will exist forever, iirc its open source :)
<ramuza>The only difference is, the majority of people, dont care enough to do something so drastic over something so little
<ramuza>but apparently, we have 1 disgruntled player, who thinks he has the right to ruin everyone elses fun because he's mad at a gm
<ramuza>that = fail
<anon>im on your side even if you hate me
<anon>and even if i accidentally crashed the server
<iggi1>how?
<anon>i didnt mean to
<ramuza>why lag it
<ramuza>in the first place
<anon>im one of you anyway
<ramuza>its still taking away from the players
<anon>to prove that its not ddos protected\
<ramuza>if you dont like the way things are, the best thing to do is quit
<anon>rogean talked a lot of shit to me
<ramuza>because there are a lot of people who dont give a shit
<iggi1>Don't compare me to you, someone who turns to DDoS is of a lower class.
<anon>quitting isnt an option for me
<anon>do what? crash the server?
<anon>fuck i should be in bed now its 1am
<iggi1>he has ot go to school in the morning imo...
<anon>i make 180k/yr as a programmer
<ramuza>Im sure you do
<anon>you blow it off as not being complicated
<ramuza>And youre so pissed off over a free everquest server
<ramuza>If i made 180k a year
<ramuza>I sure as fuck wouldnt be playing EQ
<ramuza>on a free emu server
<anon>i write the exploits
<anon>i play plenty of paid games
<anon>i play eq because its a challenge
<anon>you have no idea what im capable of
<ramuza>When someone starts spouting off how much money they make and what they are capable of blah blah
<ramuza>Its just a bunch of shit
<ramuza>It's something a kid would do. a 16 year old kid.
<anon>well if you want to talk shit you can get in line with rogean
<anon>because there is absolutely no way he can stop me
<ramuza>hey anon
<ramuza>why dont you start your own server on that 180k salary
<anon>i already have one dumbass
<Cruel>Hey Anon! Your post in the project1999 forums is really getting some attention. You need to say something in that thread again... put some fuel on the fire. Everyone is getting off topic. They are calling each other names - instead of you. Be sure to keep everyone focused.
<anon>well im going to bed
<Cruel>damn damn. just when this was getting good
<ramuza>can you give me some phat lewtz when the server comes back up anon
<ramuza>kthx
<Cruel>Ok. Let's recap what we learned so far. Anon wants some GM rules and for IB to lose some gear. And maybe an admission from Rogean and nilbog that they were playing "favorites." When that happens the DDoS will stop. Is that about right?
<iggi1>My money is definitely on Kringe from VZTZ. He's sort of a dev there, is known to play here, and he's pulled this exact same butt-hurt retribution before on that server.
<iggi1>I'm sure the people at emu.pwned.com can give you his personal info. It was dragged up before when he did this to vztz a few months ago.
<iggi1>(12:52:20 AM) anon: then ddos it into oblivion
<iggi1>(12:52:21 AM) ramuza: i doubt what you are asking will be done
<iggi1>(12:52:29 AM) anon: it would end up just like vztz
<Bigfatty>Anon is just some guy who wants to take credit for something he thinks you need to be smart to do
<Cruel>Oh, and we learned that 'anon' tries to get to bed around 1am Eastern. And he makes 180K year as a programming contractor
<Cruel>Get to bed 'anon'! You have a call in like 7 hours. Then a scrum. Then you need to go over your latest commits. And you need to do a code review for the junior programmers on your team. Busy day ahead for you
<ramuza>where da GMz at
<ramuza>whats what i want to know
<ramuza>someone shed some real light on the situation
<Cruel>bingo. I can't wait to hear that "Bob" in the datacenter kicked the ethernet cable outa the server.
<ramuza>Seriously

Icecometus
11-30-2009, 03:06 AM
If there was a legit vote for a restart I am sure it would pass. Come on, starting over can be so much fun :)

girth
11-30-2009, 03:12 AM
I'd vote yes since melee was sooooo broken at the beginning.

Draax
11-30-2009, 03:15 AM
yay, server is "locked"

Deanob
11-30-2009, 03:20 AM
lol@180k/year

I work for one of the largest ECM software companies in the world and no r&d drones make anywhere near that.

Pathetic

karsten
11-30-2009, 03:21 AM
i make 180k/year playing eq emu

OH SHI-

Clueglue
11-30-2009, 03:22 AM
Rogean
Server Administrator Join Date: Oct 2009

Sunday, November 29th

Server wasn't down to DDoS, Just worldserver crashed and nobody told me. The DDoS protection isn't even up on the server yet (Won't be until later monday or tuesday).

Cruel_Novo
11-30-2009, 03:23 AM
I was kinda fond of "I am the internet" - sad to hear the "internet" only makes $180K/year. You'd think it could command so much more....

LittleSorcerer7
11-30-2009, 03:23 AM
SERVER IS BACK UP! Say hi to me in game
-taledar =)

Dabamf
11-30-2009, 03:27 AM
rofl, we all feel like retards now

Neckrodeemus
11-30-2009, 03:59 AM
Time to make the donuts.

nilbog
11-30-2009, 04:04 AM
when i saw users being banned for almost no reason at all i stepped up and demanded rules for gms. things changed for a short period of time but eventually the favoritism and corruption crept back. i told rogean that unless something was done i would attack again but he went afk and i waited days for a response. nilbog came back and started responding to me and told me he felt the same way about the corruption and favoritism but that the gms/devs would quit if he did anything against them. he also mentioned they didnt think much of him anyway. i said the fair way to end this was to revoke all the items that were taken during the hate/sky raids until they were reopened and permanently remove the mayong items until ib killed him again. nilbog said he thought that was the most fair way to deal with it but devs protested and thats why he had to say they could keep them. why are they so protective over ib? makes me wonder...

The bolded part is what I agreed with you about, ddos man, not corruption or favoritism. Every time I see the corruption accusations, as a non-player, they seem distinctively more insane. Taking a really close look inside the box, I can see how over time rumors and speculation can conjure up a real problem. The best I can do is tell the truth.. maybe I can do a weekly blog on the forums :P

For the record:

"I do not care about your play characters. I do not care about my GMs' play characters. You are all just numbers in tables. I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings. My primary interest in this project is to make the game world seem alive and classic. It has nothing to do with your feelings or guilds."

The server was down because of ddos man. You can choose to agree with his beliefs, or not. It really doesn't matter either way. I'll try to answer and clarify some of this. I agree with his thoughts that some of the original bannings being too severe. That's why I specifically outlined the procedures for guides and GMs to follow.

Loot. I'll give you a quick rundown of how things happened. There were players that entered hateplane and airplane. This is because I didn't have the zones locked. In the rush to open the server and correct bugs the last week of prelaunch testing, I didn't change them back :T People got in there, got a couple pieces of gear. I instructed the GMs to inform the players that they should keep them. I have no idea who these players are; I made a judgement based solely on the situation. I didn't see a fair way of compensating them for their time spent raiding. Some people suggested giving equivalent loot from preplanar dungeons. This, to me, would pose the same problem. Introducing items into the game that shouldn't have been there to begin with. This has nothing to do with a conspiracy.. if anything, it was me being too nice. Grats, whomever, on whatever you got. I suppose if you guys took the pieces of armor and deleted them, he could mark that one off his demands list. I don't feel right taking it from you, though.

Those were my decisions.. and I would have made them the same way, regardless of who was involved. The GMs aren't using their powers to be corrupt anywhere in the logs. I specifically outlined rules regarding their speech as well. This is in response to claims that certain guilds have inside information by knowing GM players, etc. If you see a GM's play character, don't expect it to give you any type of information, "sensitive" or not.

Aside from me reiterating the same information, I'm not sure of what other course of action to take. I won't simply enact a list of things because someone sees fit to demand them. Anyone could choose to ddos the server.. for any reason. For example.. the people whose planar armor I didn't remove. If I had, they might have felt slighted. /shrug

I hope this helped to clarify some things. I'm sorry if I can't respond to every post.. by the time I get to them, they are like 15 pages long. The system that the GMs follow is getting better, no? I mean, the things being complained about are in the past, those mistakes can't even happen again.

Can we have <3 ddos man? Give the rule system another shot; we are continually making it better.

Rogean
11-30-2009, 04:05 AM
Yea this entire situation is really putting me under a lot of stress. I work 45 hours a week and have many other real life obligations and I still do everything I can to help this server. I understand you guys are upset about this asshole and what hes doing, and I'v been trying everything I can to get some sort of protection for the server. The new data center will be putting us on a Cisco DDoS Protection switch this week, but I'm afraid that will only help so much.

This guy has already proven to me that if we set the precedence to help him achieve his goals he will just keep coming back for more, he already did it once. We keep bowing down to him pretty soon it comes down to "Hey I died I need a GM Res", "You died legitimately, no", "LOL DDOS INC". This is why governments don't negotiate with terrorists. He wants as much power as he can get over the server to fuel his own favoritism. He claims his reasons are for favoritism but if we giving in then all we're doing is shifting the favoritism over to him.

He has also already shown that if he is unsuccessful in taking down Project 1999, that he will go after the Loginserver and EQEmulator. He did it once already. The server that runs those is on the same data center that P1999 was on before we moved, and I'v paid probably around $2000 for that server out of my pocket after hardware costs and hosting costs, and deducting the donations we have received, and moving it anywhere else for more protection is just too costly. We simply don't get enough donations for the project to provide protection against these sort of things.

Mr. DDoS'er, you claim that your end objective is not to shut these servers down, just to get the things changed that you want. Well it stops now. We're not giving in anymore. You either enjoy the server like it is now or everything gets shut down. I don't have the time or patience to deal with this bullshit anymore.

Cribanox
11-30-2009, 05:42 AM
I have to agree with Rogean, either its over or it continues the way things are.

Daydrem
11-30-2009, 06:12 AM
I gotta say Im proud of Nilbog for standing up for his sandbox.

tycho100
11-30-2009, 08:41 AM
I'll be sad to see it go if it comes to that Rogean, but if it does, so long, and thanks for all the fish.

You and the other devs have done a great job from what I have experienced so far, even though I have enjoyed it for only a week or so. So well done, and if it stays up in the medium term, I will be donating - and I urge others to do the same.

Dolalin
11-30-2009, 11:32 AM
I'd rather see the server shut down than give into this kid's "demands". Fuck him.

Torrinn
11-30-2009, 11:50 AM
I like the server but if it must be shut down so this asshat doesn't win then so be it. Principles must triumph over asshattery.

Ehud
11-30-2009, 12:14 PM
This is the problem with the internet..Anonymity allows you to be a jackass without any consequences. If this situation was going down in real life we could smack this twerp around a bit until he knocked it off.

Zaren
11-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Server down again, about 10:40 CST

Erik
11-30-2009, 12:50 PM
getting really tired of this. But i hope its the DDos protection being put into place.

Reiker
11-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Server was down for 30 seconds total, relax.

zionmuffin
11-30-2009, 03:05 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x292/Borg_Collective/INQEQ1999.png

Zamboni
11-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Yea this entire situation is really putting me under a lot of stress. I work 45 hours a week and have many other real life obligations and I still do everything I can to help this server. I understand you guys are upset about this asshole and what hes doing, and I'v been trying everything I can to get some sort of protection for the server. The new data center will be putting us on a Cisco DDoS Protection switch this week, but I'm afraid that will only help so much.

This guy has already proven to me that if we set the precedence to help him achieve his goals he will just keep coming back for more, he already did it once. We keep bowing down to him pretty soon it comes down to "Hey I died I need a GM Res", "You died legitimately, no", "LOL DDOS INC". This is why governments don't negotiate with terrorists. He wants as much power as he can get over the server to fuel his own favoritism. He claims his reasons are for favoritism but if we giving in then all we're doing is shifting the favoritism over to him.

He has also already shown that if he is unsuccessful in taking down Project 1999, that he will go after the Loginserver and EQEmulator. He did it once already. The server that runs those is on the same data center that P1999 was on before we moved, and I'v paid probably around $2000 for that server out of my pocket after hardware costs and hosting costs, and deducting the donations we have received, and moving it anywhere else for more protection is just too costly. We simply don't get enough donations for the project to provide protection against these sort of things.

Mr. DDoS'er, you claim that your end objective is not to shut these servers down, just to get the things changed that you want. Well it stops now. We're not giving in anymore. You either enjoy the server like it is now or everything gets shut down. I don't have the time or patience to deal with this bullshit anymore.

Rogean, if we can't find a work around for this I just wanted to say thank you (and the other devs involved) for your dedication to the project. I may only be a level 14 shaman but my friends and I have had an excellent time reliving 1999 and are grateful to have had the opportunity, however short it may be, to experience that.

I sincerely hope the server makes it through.

uncle
11-30-2009, 07:09 PM

Im not allowed in the deep end of their sandbox:(

NergalTD
11-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Rogean, if we can't find a work around for this I just wanted to say thank you (and the other devs involved) for your dedication to the project...I have had an excellent time reliving 1999 and are grateful to have had the opportunity, however short it may be, to experience that.

I sincerely hope the server makes it through.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I fully support not giving in to this jerk. I do however think that in this case, taking the high road is over-rated. You should release this jerk's name and IP and let the community police itself ;)

--Nergal

Dolalin
11-30-2009, 09:37 PM
I think he's been hiding behind anonymous proxies. If they had it I imagine they'd be contacting the police.

nocaps
11-30-2009, 09:54 PM
The bolded part is what I agreed with you about, ddos man . . .

so wait, nilbog knows who mr anon-i-am-teh-internets-ddos-man is?

but front page says there was no ddos . . .

so haiguyz is just trolling? (weak troll btw).

so who is it nilbog is agreeing with in "the bolded part"?

wtf is going on?

Sloth
11-30-2009, 11:54 PM
its revenge of the nerds!!!

Icecometus
12-01-2009, 12:33 AM
server down...

Sloth
12-01-2009, 01:10 AM
the nerds hath raged

Bigfatty
12-01-2009, 01:11 AM
Back up for now

foxdragoon
12-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Better to let the server die than for it to be under the whim of an egomaniac.

Bigcountry23
12-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Oh my god it's do...Nevermind.

Magus
12-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Server down again?

quido
12-01-2009, 01:56 AM
I am so damn tired of this bullshit.

Seuriu
12-01-2009, 01:57 AM
yeah its a pisser.

Zithax
12-01-2009, 01:58 AM
god damnit.

Jereziah
12-01-2009, 01:58 AM
I still feel like a piece of the puzzle is missing. There's really nothing we can implement to prevent this from happening? With all the open source stuff out there it seems like we're simply missing something.

/2 cents.

douglas1999
12-01-2009, 02:01 AM
"You can't play on mah server cause I'm mad about itemz loolz."
-Gigantic virgin

Scrooge
12-01-2009, 02:05 AM
All we can do is wait for the Cisco router implementation, have a little faith.

gierkep
12-01-2009, 02:07 AM
I vote that this thread is too long. Stop posting here. They will get it back up when they can. Making a 17 page thread in 2 days from one persons personal attack is this person goal. Hes creating a reaction. So by not posting, "God Dammit its down again" you will achieve two things.
1. Not stressing out the devs
2. Not rewarding the behavior of a child.

Inaction is really the best way to handle this. This server is EXACTLY what ive wanted from EQ since luclin came out. I dont want to lose it.

Seuriu
12-01-2009, 02:07 AM
if this faggot's isp provider found out he was ddos'ing they'd take action. unfortunately i don't know how they would find out besides someone tracing his ip and phoning them. (read: if someone knows how to do this, do it)

Wrei
12-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Isn't it easier to just tell Zhao?

Seuriu
12-01-2009, 02:09 AM
:confused:

gierkep
12-01-2009, 02:11 AM
I vote that this thread is too long. Stop posting here. They will get it back up when they can. Making a 17 page thread in 2 days from one persons personal attack is this person goal. Hes creating a reaction. So by not posting, "God Dammit its down again" you will achieve two things.

Inaction is really the best way to handle this. This server is EXACTLY what ive wanted from EQ since luclin came out. I dont want to lose it.

douglas1999
12-01-2009, 02:11 AM

This is pretty much exactly what I said yesterday but it's completely futile.

Luckily when I was 15 I was also horribly addicted to ultima online, so when p99 is down I just play on UO second age. Infact I'd suggest that whoever is doing this leave the server alone and come play UO because you can grief the SHIT out of people, you would love it.

Sloth
12-01-2009, 02:12 AM
+1 post

Jereziah
12-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Anyone know what corpse decay timer is for a lvl 4 character? Being logged off of course?

Rogean
12-01-2009, 02:17 AM
Working on it. The server is up but uh.. seems slow for some reason (not due to connection lag).. I think some hardware is going, but I'm looking into it.

Oh, and yea.. it got ddosed again earlier, much larger scale than anything we saw before, but after the cisco guard is in place it will mitigate it.

drplump
12-01-2009, 02:17 AM
I bet the world server just crashed again like last night.

EDIT: Well shit looks like I was a little late

Wonton
12-01-2009, 02:21 AM
hack⋅er
  /ˈhækər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hak-er] Show IPA
Use hacker in a Sentence
See web results for hacker
See images of hacker
–noun
1. a person or thing that hacks.
2. Slang. a person who engages in an activity without talent or skill: weekend hackers on the golf course.
3. Computer Slang.
a. a computer enthusiast.
b. a microcomputer user who attempts to gain unauthorized access to proprietary computer systems.

Jereziah
12-01-2009, 02:22 AM
go go gadget server boot up!

douglas1999
12-01-2009, 02:25 AM
hack⋅er
  /ˈhækər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hak-er] Show IPA
Use hacker in a Sentence
See web results for hacker
See images of hacker
–noun
1. a person or thing that hacks.
2. Slang. a person who engages in an activity without talent or skill: weekend hackers on the golf course.
3. Computer Slang.
a. a computer enthusiast.
b. a microcomputer user who attempts to gain unauthorized access to proprietary computer systems.
4. a gigantic virgin.

Fixed.

haiguyz
12-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Working on it. The server is up but uh.. seems slow for some reason (not due to connection lag).. I think some hardware is going, but I'm looking into it.

Oh, and yea.. it got ddosed again earlier, much larger scale than anything we saw before, but after the cisco guard is in place it will mitigate it.

hahahhah surprise its me not your hardware

Rogean
12-01-2009, 02:27 AM
hahahhah surprise we're still here, thats not changing.

douglas1999
12-01-2009, 02:28 AM
hahahhah surprise its me not your hardware

I bet you smell like shit.

neptewn
12-01-2009, 02:31 AM
Okay, I'm going to send a dollar everyday to "Feed the Children" as long as there is no DDoS attack.

You're now starving children, buddy, if you keep it up!

pirscuered
12-01-2009, 02:33 AM
i'll see that dollar and raise it to five. Basically, it's a little more than what i normally do, but it's five or nothing a day.

drplump
12-01-2009, 02:37 AM
In 6 months are you still going to post just to let us know your still mad? We need you to keep us up to date!

Reiker
12-01-2009, 02:38 AM
I'll send the DDOSer a dimebag every 3 days without a DDOS so he can chillllll ooouuuuut. :)

Icecometus
12-01-2009, 02:42 AM
Well it seems like cruel insults against the supposed DDoSer is the main reason he is continuing the attacks, perhaps not pointlessly insulting him further might allow some pressure to escape...

Jereziah
12-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Do you have friends we can sponsor? In my freetime I'm making more money and would love to throw some at the underprivileged children of budai from which you're failing to DDOS us... send pics plox, I'll put on fridge w/ magnet.

Reiker
12-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Well it seems like cruel insults against the supposed DDoSer is the main reason he is continuing the attacks, perhaps not pointlessly insulting him further might allow some pressure to escape...

lol

drplump
12-01-2009, 02:45 AM

"I will keep ddosing till you like me!!!!"

Rogean
12-01-2009, 02:45 AM
nah the only reason he continues is hes trying to prove that no matter what we try to do he will succeed in taking down the server, but what he doesn't realise is
A. We're going to keep working on ways to mitigate the attacks
b. He accomplishes nothing regardless. We won't give in to anything he wants, so hes left with trying to disrupt services for everyone else as a way to cry, he gains nothing.

Myrkskog
12-01-2009, 02:48 AM
Thanks for fighting the good fight Rogean.

pirscuered
12-01-2009, 02:51 AM
He/She can also continue to put more resources into putting the attacks on. The truth is he's/she's wasting his/her life away as is. Either he runs out of resources or someone could start other measures.

At any rate, as harsh as it sounds, I'm sticking with the donations thing. It's something I don't mind donating to and I might as well make it an ultimatum; although I doubt anyone that has it in him/her to make it his/her sole priority to make life miserable for people who are trying to have fun in a server that's priority is to allow these people to take time off would have much regards human life as is.

At any rate, I'll give it a few hours before I count this as a failed day. Thanks for all the support Rogean.

Wonton
12-01-2009, 02:55 AM
i believe its someone posting semi-frequently.. someone of this d-bag magnitude would not go without seeing some of these platinum tears.

should probably just shut off the server for a few days

cassaruby
12-01-2009, 02:57 AM
well he is bringing us all together to focus our negativity on him instead of other bullshit.

what a lovely holiday get together.

Reiker
12-01-2009, 02:59 AM
should probably just shut off the server for a few days

why?

Wonton
12-01-2009, 03:02 AM
just as a break, idk. bunch of people seem to be getting way too stressed about it

pirscuered
12-01-2009, 03:05 AM
I like how the person might have some people seeing things in his/her point of view beforehand. Now, everyone's sympathy lies with the admins.

Reiker
12-01-2009, 03:05 AM
That's their fault, not the server's. I'm still having tons of fun despite the interruptions. Some people just get way too stressed out, maaaaan.

Enig
12-01-2009, 03:06 AM
this is some jerk off's from the vz/tz servers little brother... we are dealing with a kid... reasoning with this is not possible.

tokso
12-01-2009, 03:06 AM
Is this going to happen to every classic EQ emu that ever opens? Really sucks for those of us that just want to experience old EQ and don't care if someone got a couple items earlier than others.

Glitterati
12-01-2009, 03:07 AM
No way we should shut down the server for a few days! Why should we negotiate with terrorists?!

Cheech
12-01-2009, 03:08 AM
Regardless of these attacks. I will still be here. This server is what ive been looking for, for many years. Thanks again Rogean and company and our community.

Amxdark
12-01-2009, 03:09 AM
Agree with Cheech, me and my friend love this server and wont be going anywhere no matter what. Thanks Rogean and company for the good work, its greatly appreciated

Bigcountry23
12-01-2009, 03:09 AM
I get in, I kill 2 goblins, DDoS attack (don't even get to loot)... Gonna take forever to get my enchanter to 12...

Bigcountry23
12-01-2009, 03:11 AM
For some reason reading these boards just makes me feel like we are the Who's on Christmas morning...

Rogean
12-01-2009, 03:14 AM
*yawn*

work in 4 hours but oh well

pirscuered
12-01-2009, 03:16 AM
I'd suggest everyone just be patient. Find something else to do, try back in a few minutes. If it takes longer, then it takes longer. The more people try to hurry up the devs the more stress it puts on them and unnecessarily so.

Meanwhile, find something productive to do, time passes quicker than you'd think. No one here should blame the devs. It's impossible to please everyone when it comes to a mass population, and all it takes is that one person to try to cause havoc. It took one group of people to bomb a building in Oklahoma City. It took one group to cause the killings in Waco. Although you can't compare the magnitude, there's no doubt that the intentions are similar, to gain a reputation. I've seen people whose sole purpose is to cause harm for others, and using the dev's tactics was just an excuse.

But back to the main topic. It's a game and we should play it as it's available. Just find something else and come back when things goes through. When the new hardware comes in and mitigates some of the attacks or have something set in place to block mass packets of attacks, then it should be better. If not, we have a community large enough to get something together to find something more appropriate.

Do realize that it takes an extremely crazy amount of resources to push a DDoS attack. If someone gets pleasure in using his or her resources with the purpose to destroy a free online community, then we should just feel sorry for the person, and forget the hatred. It's not even worth it.

Wonton
12-01-2009, 03:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjDojEOiMcE&NR=1

Rogean
12-01-2009, 03:22 AM
Do realize that it takes an extremely crazy amount of resources to push a DDoS attack.

He's probably just renting out the resources of someone else's network. There is a black market for this sort of thing believe it or not.

Zarniwooop
12-01-2009, 03:23 AM
Fight the good fight Rogean.

Sooner or later hopefully, this player will realize that issues are being addressed and will just miss playing the best experience out there and come have fun instead of ruin it.

If not, then we'll play as long as it's up.

And if it costs a ton to move it to an expensive service with better protection, count me in.

pirscuered
12-01-2009, 03:24 AM
Oh, believe me, I know. I fight off this stuff on a regular basis at work. Unless someone's offering him/her this service for free, I find it ridiculous to spend money to hack a free server.

Either way, I feel that this server has potential to always bring in players regardless of when or where it's up. Keep it up! I still think there's enough players in here to contribute if the right objectives are put out there.

Thanks again Rogean.

Reiker
12-01-2009, 03:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpvcyJ5fKuA

Doakes
12-01-2009, 11:49 PM
I just don't understand someone trying to ruin the fun of 300 other people like this. If you don't like the way the server is run, don't play on it. Simple. The person(s) responsible for these attacks needs to get over themselves.

Seuriu
12-01-2009, 11:49 PM
yeah i've been trying to hit 29 for four days now. fucking asshole.

Sloth
12-01-2009, 11:50 PM
seuriu did you see that fucking train??? im going to petition, that mob i pulled obviosuly fell through l guk and agro the entire zone on us. omg, i have NEVER seen a train that big

Seuriu
12-01-2009, 11:51 PM
yeah, that was nuts.

Talonfury9
12-01-2009, 11:55 PM
lol wow

Zilo
12-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Hmmm i just went to log on, and it said 263 people on, then it went to my desktop. Tried loggin on again and then it said 180.....went to this site and it said server is up, so then i logged in again and same thing, less people

Dabamf
12-02-2009, 02:50 AM
seuriu did you see that fucking train??? im going to petition, that mob i pulled obviosuly fell through l guk and agro the entire zone on us. omg, i have NEVER seen a train that big

Were you in bedroom or near it? Happens all the time. Do a different camp or babysit the mobs a little when you pull them.