PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Blue

rusty81
12-29-2013, 01:18 AM
Well in light of recent changes to Red, it has become more stressful than fun as of late...

so I thought I would give Blue a try see what is going on here.

I will be playing a gnome wizard named Shesh If anyone is LFG! :)

Clark
12-29-2013, 01:27 AM
Welcome!

Reguiy
12-29-2013, 01:52 AM
What changes were made on Red?

Brut
12-29-2013, 08:43 AM
What changes were made on Red?
PnP rules about leaving ppl alone for 1h after killing em etc. Resulted in all the griefers going from corpsecamping people into spamming ooc as career rules lawyers. Every kill text is followed with incessent spam of "Playernamehere please leave this zone in timely fashion for the duration of 3600 seconds not a nanosecond less thank you".

Basically imagine playing Monopoly and getting the go to jail card, then a guy screams at you in glee for 5minutes about how you cant collect 1000$ as you go.

Swish
12-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Basically imagine playing Monopoly and getting the go to jail card, then a guy screams at you in glee for 5minutes about how you cant collect 1000$ as you go.

^^ that sums it up lol

I do still log in occasionally, but I usually can't find a group and end up getting pissed off. Log back into blue, get a group in under 10 minutes. It's a shame the server pops aren't more even.

rusty81
12-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Well for the record, don't let the forums or OOC scare you about Red. Most people/players on Red are good people who just want to enjoy Classic eq as it was with PVP. However the 10 people that are habitual greifers and assholes really take it to the next level.

The reason I am giving it a break is because of the new "play nice policy" this has really made those griefers step it up a notch. Now apparently if you get killed in PVP the loser has to "Loot n Scoot" which means you have to leave the area for one hour?!? the rule in it self is nothing but grief. Or have fear of being banned. I like P99 and I am still getting that nostalgic feeling. but these new rules have literally made the game stressful as I am horrid at pvp and play a class that just gets owned in pvp (mage non epic) so everywhere I try to level Once I am killed I have to leave that zone for one hour. so basically since I cant port and I always bind myself in that area log off for one hour.

RiffDaemon
12-29-2013, 01:21 PM
Now apparently if you get killed in PVP the loser has to "Loot n Scoot" which means you have to leave the area for one hour?!? the rule in it self is nothing but grief. Or have fear of being banned. I like P99 and I am still getting that nostalgic feeling. but these new rules have literally made the game stressful as I am horrid at pvp and play a class that just gets owned in pvp (mage non epic) so everywhere I try to level Once I am killed I have to leave that zone for one hour. so basically since I cant port and I always bind myself in that area log off for one hour.

That doesn't make sense. I haven't seen the PnP policy for Red, but from the rest of this thread, I thought the killer would have to leave you alone for an hour, not the other way around :confused:

Edit: Ok, I went over and looked at the Red PnP thread. That's fucked up.

rusty81
12-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Ya its part of the loot n scoot policy basically to the Victor goes the spoils. No they cannot grief you but in all honesty that was never an issue. Now basically the winner gets the zone. If you die in pvp UNLESS both parties agree the loser has to "scoot" for 1 hour.... thus ruining the fun of eq. With threat of ban. For example I get killed have to scoot for one hour move on after an hour of running maybe more I get killed in next zone and rinse and rrepeat. I will probably still hop on red of course but it has gotten out of control. The gms really need to rethink these rules

Ciel
12-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the server!

HeallunRumblebelly
12-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Lol, these red rules can't really exist, can they?

Swish
12-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Obviously the idea is to stop corpse camping/griefing. That upset people, so the forum propaganda began highlighting how terrible the new rule is. Chairman Mao and pals doing a fine job too.

Andervin
12-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Well for the record, don't let the forums or OOC scare you about Red. Most people/players on Red are good people who just want to enjoy Classic eq as it was with PVP. However the 10 people that are habitual greifers and assholes really take it to the next level.

If I had more energy I would argue with you about it only being 10 people. It's always WAAAY more than that. In my experience PvP servers/etc throughout the MMO genre (and all other gaming genres for that matter [CoD anyone?]) attract the biggest douchebags bottom feeders humanity has to offer. I'm no psychologist but I can promise you this is a universal truth and why I avoid PvP centric servers and games. Shame, I love the challenge but I'm not interested in associating with these assholes. THIS is why the population of red is so low. Period. I don't even have to have played there for one fucking second to know either. Just go check their forums for a small taste.

Edit: No, I'm not bitter at all. :p

rusty81
12-29-2013, 10:11 PM
If I had more energy I would argue with you about it only being 10 people. It's always WAAAY more than that. In my experience PvP servers/etc throughout the MMO genre (and all other gaming genres for that matter [CoD anyone?]) attract the biggest douchebags bottom feeders humanity has to offer. I'm no psychologist but I can promise you this is a universal truth and why I avoid PvP centric servers and games. Shame, I love the challenge but I'm not interested in associating with these assholes. THIS is why the population of red is so low. Period. I don't even have to have played there for one fucking second to know either. Just go check their forums for a small taste.

Edit: No, I'm not bitter at all. :p

You may be right, But I will still stand by the majority are good people.

Andervin
12-29-2013, 10:15 PM
You may be right, But I will still stand by the majority are good people.

Once you get to know them? What are they like to strangers or people they don't like? You'll learn a LOT more about a person by how they treat strangers than how they treat friends.

rusty81
12-29-2013, 10:19 PM
Once you get to know them? What are they like to strangers or people they don't like? You'll learn a LOT more about a person by how they treat strangers than how they treat friends.

When you first start you will notice most people will want to do nothing but help you start give you plat and gear and advice. Once you start leveling up to the higher levels and run in to the habitual griefers... the people who literally just stay in one zone IE Guk, Unrest places like that then it starts to become an issue. But my first experiences with Red was nothing but pleasant. I am not saying try it as I am moving to blue. but the move doesn't come from the community as I still stand by most of the players there are not as toxic as the 20 or so people on the forums indicate or the same people in OOC lead you to believe as well. I am moving to blue because of recent rules implemented by the GM's. That for someone who doesn't really ever engage in pvp ( I just like the threat of it) keeps me from leveling in a zone where I was engaged in pvp.

heartbrand
12-29-2013, 10:23 PM
You were a good member of red dawn and will be missed. Unfortunately eq pve is a joke with about zero difficulty so I find no satisfaction in blue but I hope you do.

Kraftwerk
12-29-2013, 10:23 PM

shut up u british meatball

Andervin
12-29-2013, 10:26 PM
When you first start you will notice most people will want to do nothing but help you start give you plat and gear and advice. Once you start leveling up to the higher levels and run in to the habitual griefers... the people who literally just stay in one zone IE Guk, Unrest places like that then it starts to become an issue. But my first experiences with Red was nothing but pleasant. I am not saying try it as I am moving to blue. but the move doesn't come from the community as I still stand by most of the players there are not as toxic as the 20 or so people on the forums indicate or the same people in OOC lead you to believe as well. I am moving to blue because of recent rules implemented by the GM's. That for someone who doesn't really ever engage in pvp ( I just like the threat of it) keeps me from leveling in a zone where I was engaged in pvp.

You have friends there, I can respect that, but I would point out that you're leaving the server because of new code/rules they put in place because of the incessant douche bag griefing going on there. ;) The community, at large, is responsible for your leaving. Albeit indirectly.

Andervin
12-29-2013, 10:27 PM
shut up u british meatball

http://www.operatorchan.org/pasta/thumb/136405932830s.jpg

Byrjun
12-29-2013, 10:32 PM
In my experience PvP servers/etc throughout the MMO genre (and all other gaming genres for that matter [CoD anyone?]) attract the biggest douchebags bottom feeders humanity has to offer.

I don't know man, DAOC was the best PvP MMO ever made and had one of the best communities.

heartbrand
12-29-2013, 10:35 PM
There's plenty of griefing on blue, the difference is your powerless to do anything about it. Red gives you the ability to control your own destiny. On blue you don't have that luxury.

Andervin
12-29-2013, 10:39 PM
I don't know man, DAOC was the best PvP MMO ever made and had one of the best communities.

It did for a few months then it sank into the same pit of bullshit. Imagine TMO but instead of raids mobs it was keeps. I was there. Midguard 4evah!

Zeds
12-29-2013, 10:40 PM
meh I made a cleric a few weeks ago to give it another go, got invited to a mistmoore group by a rogue, finally made it out there and was promply killed by said rogue with epic/full twink gear in like 3 hits right after I bound myself, once he realized that i bound there i was quickly killed again (naked) had to plug, never logged back in after that. :( was a similiar case in unrest with a high level rolling in to check if anyone was there, then quickly logging on his twink SK who was camped at the entrance and engaging me while fighting mobs... I could only imagine it gets worse and worse if you can gain levels at this point. Oh well it is what it is

heartbrand
12-29-2013, 10:42 PM
It actually gets better not worse

Zeds
12-29-2013, 10:45 PM
i guess maybe if your established already, getting killed with little to no chance by twinks in every leveling area on the way up just isn't my cup of tea I guess, not fun

heartbrand
12-29-2013, 10:49 PM
You chose literally the only two places occupied by twinks. Shrug, the best way to enjoy red is with a crew. Imagine if an entire guild came over.

Zeds
12-29-2013, 10:56 PM
shame on me for trying to form groups in high zem zones with other players as a cleric :(

rusty81
12-29-2013, 11:32 PM
You were a good member of red dawn and will be missed. Unfortunately eq pve is a joke with about zero difficulty so I find no satisfaction in blue but I hope you do.

Not leaving for good, just giving blue a shot.