PDA

View Full Version : Mood of Rogean and the GM's

Matthalas Winterheart
12-28-2013, 10:32 PM
I am quite certain that this post Is going to attract the ire and frustration of many of the more tenured players on this server, but I feel the need to get it out and express my concerns. As I wonder if I am the only one that feels this way.

I have only been playing here for going on 5 months, but have noticed the many threads being brought up on a near daily basis since this thing with one of the larger guilds went down and the issues with the Raid Scene have been brought to the forefront.

I realize that I have no place in my rant, as I don't have a toon eligible to raid given my level< 41>, but my concerns are this.. and I bring it it up because I have seen this happen with other games sponsored by a staff much alike ours here at P1999.
----

Rogean and staff do not get paid to host this game for us, He and the others that he has entrusted to bring us this game on a daily basis are doing so out of the kindness and efforts of their own time and hearts. There is so such micromanaging and utter disgust at the raid scene that Rogean himself has stated that if the crap doesn't change and move towards a more agreeable situation among the raiding guilds that there could be a chance that Velious will be released WITHOUT raiding content. I think maybe...and forgive me for saying this....

We all need to sit down and stop complaining about how things are, I get there may be issues... But Rogean can pull this whole damn thing out from under us in the blink of an eye...If ya don't like it, there are countless other games that one can play, and I for one don't want to see the above situation occur because he and the staff get fed up listening to the antics of adults who play this of their own free will.

That's it.. Again, I am in no way trying to upset any of you. I just think we need to realize how much of a pain in the ass this could continue to be. ....:(

Xadion
12-28-2013, 10:48 PM
and then there would be about 15 guilds of 25 players on a 30 guild rotation chart... And instead of a few guilds 'only logging on for batphone' you would have almost the entire population only logging on for their monthly shot at killing a raid mob.

NextGenesis88
12-28-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't see where you said anything we don't know or how this thread is even supposed to help. I mean no offense, it's just that there are all plenty of threads about this involving people who are actually part of the raid scene. What is this threads purpose? You didn't need to make a whole new one and you don't even present any ideas or any real input. This one left me scratching my head a bit.

Matthalas Winterheart
12-28-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't see where you said anything we don't know or how this thread is even supposed to help. I mean no offense, it's just that there are all plenty of threads about this involving people who are actually part of the raid scene. What is this threads purpose? You didn't need to make a whole new one and you don't even present any ideas or any real input. This one left me scratching my head a bit.

Noted, I appreciate your insight.

webrunner5
12-28-2013, 11:12 PM
When Velious comes out there will be a ton more people on this server. This all has to be done right or we are going to have 35 Guilds claiming a seat at the table. You think it is ugly now wait for nearly double the people on here.

Altair
12-28-2013, 11:33 PM
I like the rotation idea, so same guild not camping all the spawns. To me, it's like doing a raid and someone wins the role who can't use. but going to sell it on a Alt....

Call it like ya want, current guild balance is a joke....

and bad joke at that;)

Ravager
12-29-2013, 12:11 AM
and then there would be about 15 guilds of 25 players on a 30 guild rotation chart... And instead of a few guilds 'only logging on for batphone' you would have almost the entire population only logging on for their monthly shot at killing a raid mob.

Pretty sure the entire population can find other reasons to log in too, as they've been doing it for the last 3 years without getting raid mobs. If anything, this would give them incentive to log in more.

Swish
12-29-2013, 03:54 AM
I would sign a petition to rotate all raid targets with all capable raiding guilds.

Sirbanmelotz
12-29-2013, 04:08 AM
God damnit can I get a TLDR

heazels
12-29-2013, 07:16 AM
God damnit can I get a TLDR

Jesus loves u, stop the h8

phacemeltar
12-29-2013, 07:24 AM
THIS is why i wish there was a teams server finally.

heazels
12-29-2013, 07:25 AM

^

heazels
12-29-2013, 07:25 AM

one started at beginning would be awesome too.

Valoril
12-29-2013, 08:04 AM
I would sign a petition to rotate all raid targets with all capable raiding guilds.

Stipulation to join rotation would be to be able to kill the mob given an hour of prep.

A guild wishing to join the rotation would ask the guild on rotation to leave the dragon up for one hour while they do their attempt. IF successful they are added into the rotation.

This.
I'd sign too.