PDA

View Full Version : Wiz twinking....what?

samkds
12-28-2013, 07:48 PM
So I already have a necro in his 30s. Don't need much more gear on him at the moment. I have enough to buy jboots for a wiz I've been wanting to start for a while. Is it worth it to blow pretty much all that money on jboots for the wiz or am I wasting money and should be better using it for gearing the wiz?

Thanks for the input!

tankh
12-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Play the class and see if u like it first. I would strip the nevro to gear the wiz on a temporary basis

Tongpow
12-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Jboots are pretty big for wizzy i was doing dumb shit like gating to EC every 3 kills or something for SoW while soloing in the 30s, cant really quad efficiently till 51. Quading with the lvl 30 something Snare/Aoe in Overthere was pretty not fun.

why the christ do you want to play a wizard,harry

Velerin
12-28-2013, 11:37 PM
Jboots/sow pots are the probably the most important item for a young wiz. Makes life 1000x easier. Can do full speed quads starting at like 16 in the karanas. Then just grab a bunch of cheap int/mana gear for all the other slots.

Tuljin
12-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Solist's Icy Wand is necessary to "twink" a wiz - you can get one for about 2k plat. It does very decent damage up past lvl 30 and its still very useful up past level 40 to not overnuke when mobs are low on HP. It will carry you nicely into your 30s.

People always underestimate how useful snare is as well - you'll rarely be grouping with people who can snare in nubland and in your 30s/40s nukes do a TON of damage. Between root, snare, stun, evac, and powerful spells you'll be good in a dungeon as well as having the ability to quad. Also, I think most people who talk about quadding have never quadded before - its very boring, tough at lower levels (and really shitty if you die) and really the easiest/most effective levels to quad are 51-54 or so outside KC with Ravishing Drolvargs.

Morningbreath
01-05-2014, 06:29 AM
So I already have a necro in his 30s. Don't need much more gear on him at the moment. I have enough to buy jboots for a wiz I've been wanting to start for a while. Is it worth it to blow pretty much all that money on jboots for the wiz or am I wasting money and should be better using it for gearing the wiz?

Thanks for the input!

For that amount of money you could twink a druid and have a considerably more powerful toon.

Buriedpast
01-05-2014, 07:01 AM
Find someone to PL you. Pretend you're a chick IRL. Works for lilyanna.

Autotune
01-05-2014, 07:15 AM

Works for me as well.

Level 35 in less than 24 hours of actual playtime.

samkds
01-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks all! Appreciate the input.

As for people asking why a Wiz, well my playtime requires alot of afk'ing and when I want to group I don't want to be THAT part of the group that if I have to leave in a rush the whole thing falls down (ie Cleric/Tank/CC...).

Started one and slowly levelling him until I can get enough funds for jboots/pl.

Whats the best PL technique for a Wiz? Bards?

Let me know!

Lojik
01-05-2014, 04:56 PM
When Qaos was low level I just got lots of +hp stuff (rings for sure) and some +mana stuff, lost staff of the scorned and beat up stuff in blackburrow until somewhere to 8-12. If you can get a tola robe too that'd be awesome. Solists icy wand is great from like 8-12 (whatever level it actually works.) If you group after that it might be okay, but once you start quadding I don't really think its worth it with the low damage and cast time. Dont worry too much about +int stuff before level...30ish? Not much return on low levels. If you get jboots or sow pots u can start quadding at 16 if you're adventurous (might take a little skill avoiding adds etc.) Dying in a quad isnt so bad at low levels...you dont lose much exp and you can just gate back to EC for c2 a lot of times. Whats worse is quadding stuff then going oom before its dead, so make sure you're quadding stuff that is DB but not too high (close to LB.)

goshozal
01-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Works for me as well.

Level 35 in less than 24 hours of actual playtime.

yea but to be fair, you've got awesome tits

lilyanna
01-06-2014, 04:04 AM

Lies! I'm usually the one PL'ing other people :rolleyes:

Buriedpast
01-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Lies! I'm usually the one PL'ing other people :rolleyes:

Yet to be seen, personally.

baalzy
01-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Farm/buy a bunch of Red Wood Wands. Get SOW pots or jboots. Quad kite with instant-clicky nukes. Recharge at vendors.