PDA

View Full Version : 7 Day timer and variance

Eslade
12-28-2013, 07:36 PM
I had a weird idea and that's why I'm posting this in RnF. Why can't we have the boss mobs do their normal 7 day timer as usual, but also add in a couple of random repops every week also?
For example
Tuesday morning All boss mobs pop.
Tuesday afternoon all boss mobs are dead.
Thursday night Cazic Thule spawns
Saturday afternoon VS spawns.
etc... etc...
Then back to Tuesday where we have the normal spawn cycle again?
Since these are technically two mobs spawning, one could have a lesser loot table and there is a slim chance that they will spawn in the same spot, IE two Trakanons.

But Ed, wouldn't this create twice the loot? Not quite double, the bosses that do an extra spawn would be random and some might not show up until their normal time. Wouldn't the population increase if there was more of a chance to get boss loot?

Anyway just thought about this and wanted to post. Go ahead and flame me, I've got my resist gear on.

thisuserwasbannedlol
12-28-2013, 08:03 PM
sorry that's not convenient for nihilum, and to them bosses are a job so we cant have any competition

good try tho

lite
12-28-2013, 08:06 PM
it's called simulated patch days, and rogean nilbug sirken and zade agreed on it ... rogean said it's pending, but still on the way.

lite
12-28-2013, 08:06 PM
bog*

lite
12-28-2013, 08:08 PM
nvm... misread, that is not simulated patch days.

iiNGloriouS
12-28-2013, 08:24 PM
God damn Mexicant interpretation

Dullah
12-28-2013, 08:24 PM
We dont really care if the spawns are staggered throughout the week or on one day. Long as they are contestable on a set time. Any level of randomness only means wasting countless hours to kill a dragon no one else will be able to contest.

lite
12-28-2013, 08:38 PM
We dont really care if the spawns are staggered throughout the week or on one day. Long as they are contestable on a set time. Any level of randomness only means wasting countless hours to kill a dragon no one else will be able to contest.

If by waste of time you mean, hours of smaller scale PVP in anticipation of spawn... then sure. But yeah ... the present state of contesting is great.

Eslade
12-28-2013, 08:39 PM

that's just it, you still have the set times. you also get the chance for random bosses.

Dullah
12-28-2013, 08:46 PM
If by waste of time you mean, hours of smaller scale PVP in anticipation of spawn... then sure. But yeah ... the present state of contesting is great.

If by small scale pvp in anticipation for the spawn, you must mean pvp on our level 15 trackers. Variance would only mean we camp 30-50 people with probably another 20 level 60 alts at the highest priority target while we sit on trackers waiting for a pop.

Sektor
12-28-2013, 08:50 PM
translocators.

Eslade
12-28-2013, 09:00 PM
lol reading comprehension is hard. this isn't variance. I'm cool with saying it's a dumb idea and that it's easy mode and what not, but it's not variance and it's not a simulated pop.

Sektor
12-28-2013, 09:06 PM
translocators.

lite
12-28-2013, 09:09 PM
If by small scale pvp in anticipation for the spawn, you must mean pvp on our level 15 trackers. Variance would only mean we camp 30-50 people with probably another 20 level 60 alts at the highest priority target while we sit on trackers waiting for a pop.

I want to see your level 15 tracker in PoFear, Hate, Sebilis.

Also at one point you'd have to start making decisions on where ur gonna park ur crew... then another target spawns and people have to Move. BOOM ... PVP

I don't really care enough about arguing, given that the staff has opted to go with simulated patch days. Anything is better than this present state of garbage.

Sektor
12-28-2013, 09:11 PM
translocators.

DrRoach
12-28-2013, 09:14 PM

Also at one point you'd have to start making decisions on where ur gonna park ur crew... then another target spawns and people have to Move. BOOM ... PVP

I don't really care enough about arguing, given that the staff has opted to go with simulated patch days. Anything is better than this present state of garbage.

boom no one likes you and nihilums entire guild would beat you to raid targets walking from erudin while snared

lite
12-28-2013, 09:16 PM
better than 50 hand holding chimps drop 5 32k hp mobs in 2 hours, i am ok with that. New PNP should be interesting for contesting.

Dullah
12-28-2013, 09:25 PM

Ya boom pvp like there is when you actually know the timers? Like any of you would know a raid boss was up before it was dead.

boom no one likes you and nihilums entire guild would beat you to raid targets walking from erudin while snared

rofl

Hateraid
12-28-2013, 10:06 PM
Dumb..

lite
12-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Ya boom pvp like there is when you actually know the timers? Like any of you would know a raid boss was up before it was dead.
rofl

When the timers are known one side eventually recruits a Zerg. What are you getting at ? We went from some good 25 v 25's to 50 on one team in a 150 person server. go on...

iiNGloriouS
12-28-2013, 10:29 PM
When the timers are known one side eventually recruits a Zerg. What are you getting at ? We went from some good 25 v 25's to 50 on one team in a 150 person server. go on...

Retti_
12-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Simulated patch days = more resets for nihilum. Pras.

Sektor
12-29-2013, 12:56 AM
translocators.