PDA

View Full Version : Different Raid Rules for Different Tiers?

loramin
12-28-2013, 02:17 PM
In all the discussion over raid rules, one thing that seems missing to me is tiers (or maybe it has been mentioned and I missed it; there have been a lot of long threads to cover so if this has already been mentioned I apologize).

It seems to me the rules to cover say Vox or the planes should support giving access to as many players as possible (even "casual" players) while the rules for say VP/ST should support as much competition as possible so that the hard core players can "earn" their pixels.

To me this is how classic EQ was/should be: the top guilds on server fight over top content, but even the little guy in the family guild still has a shot at getting his epic someday if his guild works hard enough (in the gear up/learn to raid sense, not in the make a bunch of level 60 alts and never sleep sense). Plus, tiered rules just seem more practically achievable. As a recent poll shows, different players feel differently about raiding, so instead of fruitlessly trying to get them to agree on one set of rules that supports only one play style, wouldn't it make more sense to have two sets of rules so that casuals and hard core players can both raid and be happy?

Just a thought.