PDA

View Full Version : What if raid mobs were triggered like Quillmane?

Ravager
12-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Should just link the raid mobs to a trigger mob in the zone like how Quillmane works, only make the chance to spawn lower and the trigger mob variable. Then raid guilds would actually have to raid to get their raid mobs and nobody would be parking alts anywhere. Any guild who spawns the mob has first right to engage it. This would also ensure that no one guild could monopolize all of the raid mobs, since they couldn't be everywhere at once. It's not a classic idea, but I think it's in the classic spirit.

This would also make VP the challenge it was meant to be, since you couldn't just run around the trash mobs. In my mind, something like this is more akin to earning your pixels than FTE wars.

zanderklocke
12-28-2013, 12:16 PM
So people would be farming mobs to spawn a raid mob for hours on end?

Ravager
12-28-2013, 12:18 PM

Would be better than tracking and parking for days on end, imo. Was just an idea as an alternative to Variance.

Lazie
12-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Would be better than tracking and parking for days on end, imo. Was just an idea as an alternative to Variance.

Sounds the same.

radditsu
12-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Doesnt toops server have a token spawn system?

fastboy21
12-28-2013, 01:13 PM

may as well go with token hand ins like on that other emu server...or drop hand ins like how soe revamped ragefire eventually for cleric epic.

i don't think this is the solution most folks are looking for. the raid rules should contribute to the community interaction (for better and worse), not provide a way for guilds to completely insulate themselves from the rest of the server. i.e. guilds have to work it out amongst themselves without expecting a dev to step in and "create" a system for them. cs can help to enforce some guild rules, but that is very different from hard wiring an in-game mechanic to control raid encounters.

fastboy21
12-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Doesnt toops server have a token spawn system?

yes...toop's server is also uhm...crap.

Byrjun
12-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Not because of the raid tokens though!

baalzy
12-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Not *just* because of the raid tokens though!

FTFY

JerSar
12-28-2013, 03:10 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/012013/1358790628_la_lakers_fan_gets_a_cake_to_the_face_f rom_the_houston_rockets_mascot.gif

Clark
12-28-2013, 05:33 PM

:D