PDA

View Full Version : new player duo.

Deadorn
12-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Duoing with a buddy and was looking for suggestions on the best path for a duo to level and gear. We are in Blackburrow currently farming gnoll fangs. He is a pally and I am a druid, both level 9. Any ideas on the best zones in order would be appreciated. Thanks!

HeallunRumblebelly
12-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Duoing with a buddy and was looking for suggestions on the best path for a duo to level and gear. We are in Blackburrow currently farming gnoll fangs. He is a pally and I am a druid, both level 9. Any ideas on the best zones in order would be appreciated. Thanks!

For the love of god, just make a group :p The damage in that setup is a bit...rough. Anything without adding some damage 20+ is going to be unbearably slow. Not really hard though with some heals and a tank to form something.

edit: Depending on your resources, kurn's tower is tough to beat til about 15. If you're not willing to travel excessively, unrest is fantastic from 10-29, assuming it's not overcrowded. Guk always has plenty of mobs as well around your level range. Just go left at the first fork.

Deadorn
12-28-2013, 03:16 AM
We will check out unrest after blackburrow. Thanks for the help!

webrunner5
12-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Heal is right. I can't think of, really, a worse duo for DPS than you 2. Maybe a Wizard when they are oom. :D

But welcome aboard.

Tecmos Deception
12-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Honestly, for a duo of new players, "dps" is less.important than learning how the two classes you're playing work well together. Use charmed animals and roots and heals and harmony and you'll be fine. Without fungis and manastones, you.have massively more downtime than dps time, and basically everyone meds/regens at the same-ish speed.

Tasslehofp99
12-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Yeah, druids can charm animals pretty much from 14-60.

At 45, paladins get a free heal clicky.

There are any number of ways this duo can go all the way to 60 and gear themselves up without needing another player's help.

Jus sayin!

Tecmos Deception
12-28-2013, 11:37 AM
^ exactly.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-28-2013, 11:53 AM
^ exactly.

I suppose when questions like this are asked they're asking how to duo efficiently, not if it's possible. Warriors can solo to 50...eventually o_o

Tecmos Deception
12-28-2013, 11:59 AM
You need to read.the op more closely heal. He didn't ask for a good or great duo, or if he should give up on his current duo, etc.

webrunner5
12-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Oh well hell there are silly people that try to solo a Rogue to 60. Doesn't mean it is a GOOD way to go.

On Live me as a Cleric, and a Pally duo'ed to around 45 from like level 3. It took for Fing ever. But I admit it was fun or we would have never done it. This was in 2000. nobody knew any better.

And after that I made a Iksar SK and wondered why it took FOREVER to get to 20. But I enjoyed killing in the pit for 3 months lol.

I am not telling them to break up the duo. Just that it is some of the worse sustained DPS I can think of.

Swish
12-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Definitely look to recruit 1-2 more group members in. If you're going to Unrest it'll be hard to resist either adding people to your group.... or merging into an existing one, because there aren't THAT many mobs to go around :p

HeallunRumblebelly
12-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Oh well hell there are silly people that try to solo a Rogue to 60. Doesn't mean it is a GOOD way to go.

On Live me as a Cleric, and a Pally duo'ed to around 45 from like level 3. It took for Fing ever. But I admit it was fun or we would have never done it. This was in 2000. nobody knew any better.

And after that I made a Iksar SK and wondered why it took FOREVER to get to 20. But I enjoyed killing in the pit for 3 months lol.

I am not telling them to break up the duo. Just that it is some of the worse sustained DPS I can think of.

Well,that said, we've had like 3 years of kunark. Really no rush here, heh.

Deadorn
12-28-2013, 05:30 PM
I went with druid with the mind of looking for groups. I figured we would be doing a lot of duoing at lower levels. I think we will stay in Blackburrow until the teens then head over to unrest and try to recruit for some dps. We're in no rush but don't want it to be bang my head against the wall frustrating.

Clark
12-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah, druids can charm animals pretty much from 14-60.

At 45, paladins get a free heal clicky.

There are any number of ways this duo can go all the way to 60 and gear themselves up without needing another player's help.

Jus sayin!

HeallunRumblebelly
12-28-2013, 06:27 PM
I went with druid with the mind of looking for groups. I figured we would be doing a lot of duoing at lower levels. I think we will stay in Blackburrow until the teens then head over to unrest and try to recruit for some dps. We're in no rush but don't want it to be bang my head against the wall frustrating.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-nod-cropped-g-jtcK.gif

webrunner5
12-28-2013, 10:25 PM
East Karana is where most Druids go to Charm. I would suggest that over Befallen. A death pit. Karanas are a pretty good progression. Not uber loot but what much is below level 25ish.

twizztid
12-29-2013, 06:55 PM
EC and WC are really good zones for that level. Close to merchants. Close to a ring and a spire so you have a possibility of someone nice buffing you. There are animals for the druid to charm ( I recommend snakes for the poison ), and orcs for faction and awesome XP hand in. Druid can harmony orcs and dervs.

Hope this helped.

justin2090
12-30-2013, 10:37 AM
This could work but the druid would most definitely have to charm something for extra dps. Also, fear kite would work well cause then you wouldn't have to heal the pally. At lvl 20 the paladin could get a baton of faith and crush stuff at mid lvl.

Paladins are really good tanks imo at high lvls. I've seen paladins chain stun mobs and take hardly any damage during the encounter. I actually prefer them over warriors because I don't have to watch my threat =D

Druids are the weaker priest class as far as healing goes. There are other things druids are good at though. Snare and evac come to mind when I think of druids. Some pretty nasty corpse runs can be avoided thanks to a quick thinking druid. Snare is always useful when dungeon crawling. Also you guys will be able to travel to various places with ease thanks to the druid.

Dweed
12-30-2013, 10:52 AM
I leveled with my brother as druid/pally. What we found best was snare kiting with a pet. Druid would snare the mob and hold aggro by either reapplying snare or low lvl dots and then just run a good distance and med, sending in his pet. The pally would use a 2hander hitting the mob from behind and mostly just save mana for adds, stuns if druids pet breaks, and emergencies.

eqravenprince
12-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Befallen, Najena, Runnyeye. Why go to Unrest when you can have these zones to yourself most days. I recommend upper guk as well.

Itap
12-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Fear kite animals while he beats on them from behind.

Check this guide out

http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_Leveling_and_Item_Hunting_Guide_by_Mefdinkin s

HeallunRumblebelly
12-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Befallen, Najena, Runnyeye. Why go to Unrest when you can have these zones to yourself most days. I recommend upper guk as well.

najena's fantastic, befallen / RE are death traps.