PDA

View Full Version : 55+ Necro soloing spots

Swish
12-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Hey guys, so I've picked up my necro again and obviously necros aren't as sought after in groups. Not had too much luck in KC over the past few days (despite charming undead mobs and putting out big dps and heals), so to save the LFG time...does anyone have any 55+ necro solo camps?

Burning Woods giant fort is the one I know of... but are there some good other ones?

Not HS keyed... is it worth it for soloing?

Crede
12-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Pretty sure 55+ in HS basement is a necros playground. Definitely worth getting keyed.

Uteunayr
12-28-2013, 12:01 AM
You can solo upstairs of COM until around 58. It is slow as balls compared to Charasis Basement, but yeah...

Tuljin
12-28-2013, 12:02 AM
The basement of KC is awesome also, as well the back hallways where the Spectral Turnkey pops etc. HS key is absolutely worth it - the pit is mostly melee mobs tho you will run into the occasional wiz mob. KC basement is all melee mobs pretty much.

Nuggie
12-28-2013, 06:17 AM
Duo CoM 2nd floor(or higher) as much as possible.

If you make it to third floor you dont get as many people training, and also get a chance to kill the reaver in the last house.

Autotune
12-28-2013, 06:57 AM
it's already been mentioned, but just go to KC basement near turnkey area and reverse charm. You'll be 60 in no time.

Nocsucow
12-28-2013, 07:00 AM
bah farm droga faction make some loot while doing it then pull chardok for AoE

Swish
12-29-2013, 06:13 AM
Some interesting answers, thanks guys... gonna work on getting that HS key, gotta be done :D

...and done some reverse charming on my enchanter a long while back, I'll give that a go too :)

Oleris
12-31-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm having a hard time charming in the HS basement. Any tips would be appreciated.

Uteunayr
12-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Be sure you're, at least, 54. Even then, you may want to stay out until 55-56.

Always have Manaskin up. If you ever get punched once, recast that shit. This stuff saves your life, and saves you a 400pp EE rez. Additionally, keep up Shield of the Magi for theextra HP.

Always root the other target, so when yours breaks, you're safe.

Keep Harmshield on your bar at all times in case you pull a dude, and before you root, your charm breaks, and you have 2 skeletons charging you. Cast Harmshield, run them around and make them have pathing difficulty, and FD.

Sit as much as possible, as you're going to be doing so much that the game is going to have you stand a great deal. You need that mana.

Watch the respawn timers. From the first kill on the camp, I keep a stopwatch running, so I always know the new respawns are close. You don't want to be caught charm killing a wing when the center starts popping.

It isn't an easy camp, nor the easiest thing to do. It is actually one of the most annoying and more difficult. Stay focused, as you have a solution to every possible problem that could arise.

Tuljin
12-31-2013, 03:00 PM
And if you're not Scrooge McDuck Steelskin is just fine - it only costs a jasper, has a faster cast time, and takes less than half the mana to cast. The 230hp is plenty to save your ass and since you'll be using it often you might as well go with the cheaper, less mana intensive rune. The more you do the camp the less you'll get hit, also =)

Oleris
12-31-2013, 06:46 PM
Be sure you're, at least, 54. Even then, you may want to stay out until 55-56.

Always have Manaskin up. If you ever get punched once, recast that shit. This stuff saves your life, and saves you a 400pp EE rez. Additionally, keep up Shield of the Magi for theextra HP.

Always root the other target, so when yours breaks, you're safe.

Keep Harmshield on your bar at all times in case you pull a dude, and before you root, your charm breaks, and you have 2 skeletons charging you. Cast Harmshield, run them around and make them have pathing difficulty, and FD.

Sit as much as possible, as you're going to be doing so much that the game is going to have you stand a great deal. You need that mana.

Watch the respawn timers. From the first kill on the camp, I keep a stopwatch running, so I always know the new respawns are close. You don't want to be caught charm killing a wing when the center starts popping.

It isn't an easy camp, nor the easiest thing to do. It is actually one of the most annoying and more difficult. Stay focused, as you have a solution to every possible problem that could arise.

biggest problem I have is breaking the camp and figuring out which mob to charm and kill first. It seems like no matter what I always get an add.

Tuljin
01-01-2014, 06:24 PM
You'll have an easier time getting into the camp if you go down the spiral stairs by the hand room (its the first right turn when you're heading down the castle wall instead of the second right turn) Use root and ST and you should be fine, there isn't really anything more than a 2 pop in the rooms off that hallway.

Uteunayr
01-01-2014, 11:32 PM
biggest problem I have is breaking the camp and figuring out which mob to charm and kill first. It seems like no matter what I always get an add.

It is tough. The best way I learned to do it is to charm one of the two patrollers on one of the sides, and attack the 2nd patroller. Then, you are left with the 2 that walk in, up the ramp to the center, and back down into the wings. Root one of those, and leave it there. Once the two circle patrollers are dead, charm the center mob (or the other side wing patroller), and clear it with the charm mob at center. Keep the one other skeleton from earlier rooted. Once those 2 are dead, dispel your root, cast a Screaming Terror, and charm the 5th center room mob, and use that to engage the wing.

Oleris
01-02-2014, 07:32 AM
It is tough. The best way I learned to do it is to charm one of the two patrollers on one of the sides, and attack the 2nd patroller. Then, you are left with the 2 that walk in, up the ramp to the center, and back down into the wings. Root one of those, and leave it there. Once the two circle patrollers are dead, charm the center mob (or the other side wing patroller), and clear it with the charm mob at center. Keep the one other skeleton from earlier rooted. Once those 2 are dead, dispel your root, cast a Screaming Terror, and charm the 5th center room mob, and use that to engage the wing.

Thanks man, loving your guide. Took me from 47-54 in 8 days.

Uteunayr
01-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Don't thank me, thank all those dead bloodgills and Nobles. They died so you could be level 54! :P

Glad you liked it. I am thinking of leveling up a new necro and making a video link for each camp, showing the basic ins and outs of it, and linking the vids on each stage of the guide.

Oleris
01-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Don't thank me, thank all those dead bloodgills and Nobles. They died so you could be level 54! :P

Glad you liked it. I am thinking of leveling up a new necro and making a video link for each camp, showing the basic ins and outs of it, and linking the vids on each stage of the guide.

that was the biggest problem for me. Most guides tell you what to do, but it's complicated to figure out where they are due to the lack of recording when the spots were relevant for the original servers. the city of mist spot was the hardest for me to figure out.

I would like to see some charming videos for necros. I couldn't find a single one on youtube.

Uteunayr
01-03-2014, 03:19 AM
Perhaps I'll start there with Charasis Basement.

Oleris
01-11-2014, 10:38 AM
starting at 1:26:30 I do the basement. Some mistakes, but for those that haven't done it you can see the safe spots and what to do. I didn't put up my webcam or mic, just played some music. If anyone needs an explanation or walktrhough I can do another video. http://www.twitch.tv/olerris/b/494079054

baalzy
01-13-2014, 06:23 PM
For the lazy and risk adverse (but patient). Forest Giant Fort in Burning Woods will get you to 60, eventually.

Velerin
01-13-2014, 06:32 PM
What about all those undead in Trak's Teeth? Think most of them are dark blue at 54-55. Not sure when they light blue out. Maybe some easy outdoor charm killing?