PDA

View Full Version : Raid competition or not?

eqravenprince
12-27-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm curious how cutthroat the server population is. I'm a casual player. My preference would be to set up a raid time and go raid during normal waking hours and not race against other guilds and have a shot at taking down Nafagen as an example.

Reguiy
12-27-2013, 05:04 PM
You've been around since 2009 and have posted 600+ times on these forums. You should know the answers to these questions, or you're just trolling.

eqravenprince
12-27-2013, 05:11 PM
You've been around since 2009 and have posted 600+ times on these forums. You should know the answers to these questions, or you're just trolling.

I am bored at work :). If the definition of trolling is seeing what kind of response I can get out of people, then yes I am trolling. I love seeing how people can be so passionate about their pixels.

Reguiy
12-27-2013, 05:37 PM
I guess I misunderstood. I didn't think you knew the competitiveness of the raid scene . I thought you were asking how competitive it is as a whole.

loramin
12-27-2013, 06:59 PM
While the sample size is admittedly kind of low, I think it's really interesting that the majority of players (so far) don't feel the need to compete in a PvE game. Just going by other posts on this forum one would think that everyone wanted to race to every raid mob.

Alarti0001
12-27-2013, 07:00 PM
While the sample size is admittedly kind of low, I think it's really interesting that the majority of players (so far) don't feel the need to compete in a PvE game. Just going by other posts on this forum one would think that everyone wanted to race to every raid mob.

I'm not sure if 15 players is even worth mentioning lol.

Ravager
12-27-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm not sure if 15 players is even worth mentioning lol.

Did you vote? :)

loramin
12-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Yeah, as I said I know the sample size is low, but the thing is I was expecting 15 to 0 or maybe 14 to 1; definitely wasn't expecting to see 7 to 9.

eqravenprince
12-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Yeah, as I said I know the sample size is low, but the thing is I was expecting 15 to 0 or maybe 14 to 1; definitely wasn't expecting to see 7 to 9.

I agree. I am glad I am not the only one that voted no.

eqravenprince
12-28-2013, 11:04 AM
I think it's really interesting that the majority of players (so far) don't feel the need to compete in a PvE game.

Current state of the raid scene is more like PvPvE. I have no desire to compete against other players who have a LOT more time than me.

Daldaen
12-28-2013, 11:34 AM
If I wanted to play PvP I'd play a game that puts people on even footing and the time you put in doesn't give you a ridiculous advantage. EQ is not one of those games.

People who are either unemployed or self-employed, who can track at all hours and wake up at all hours, to log on one of their 6 level 60's camped at each important dragon... vs. those with one level 50-60 toon and can only play a limited evening/late night schedule due to their job/RL restrictions.

That isn't much of a competition. I just don't get how either side finds that entertaining.

Above is a big reason account sales should've been nuked immediately, not 3 years in.

Chrimes
12-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Raid scene sux, but its driven by honest competition. Change nothing > making competition useless

Daldaen
12-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Leave competition in the end-game. IE VP.

Rotate the open world dragons, Trakanon, VS.

oddibemcd
12-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Everquest is pretty close to a perfect democracy. If you have more of XXX (time, lvl 60 toons, gear) you are going to succeed 100% of the time.

I think I and the people who voted no would prefer something closer to proportional representation.

If guild A has 100 members that average 40 hours a week, that's 4,000 man hours.

If guild B has 50 members that average 20 hours a week, that's 1,000 man hours.

Currently, guild A gets very close to 100% of the targets under a democratic process.

Under proportional representation, guild B would get 1 target to every 4 that guild A gets. I think that's why it's almost 50% for each option.