PDA

View Full Version : Random raid spawn location

eqravenprince
12-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Raiding just seems boring and retarded the way it is now. Oh boy, there's Nafagen again, in the same location he always spawns, let's alert the guild and kill him *yank* *yank*. Oh darn a Cloak of Flames dropped, I'll have to give this to my 12th alt.

Why not have the raid mobs spawn in different zones and locations? Also make them untrackable. Have them announce their arrival in a broadcast message. It seems that this would provide the an equal opportunity way to deal with raid mobs. You would have to be actively searching. You would have to rely on your network of guild members of all levels. It certainly would shake up the boring raid scene, maybe shock some life into it, and provide something fun for all guilds casual and hardcore, and all levels as they would be important for helping find the raid mob.

Although some of you probably still think you are super hardcore for camping these raid mobs in the same location over and over. Want something hardcore, try finding an untrackable Phinny in Timorous deep.

sanforce
12-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Pretty sure this is not easy (raid mobs are not set-up for every zone) and is definitely not classic.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-27-2013, 04:19 PM
Raiding just seems boring and retarded the way it is now. Oh boy, there's Nafagen again, in the same location he always spawns, let's alert the guild and kill him *yank* *yank*. Oh darn a Cloak of Flames dropped, I'll have to give this to my 12th alt.

Why not have the raid mobs spawn in different zones and locations? Also make them untrackable. Have them announce their arrival in a broadcast message. It seems that this would provide the an equal opportunity way to deal with raid mobs. You would have to be actively searching. You would have to rely on your network of guild members of all levels. It certainly would shake up the boring raid scene, maybe shock some life into it, and provide something fun for all guilds casual and hardcore, and all levels as they would be important for helping find the raid mob.

Although some of you probably still think you are super hardcore for camping these raid mobs in the same location over and over. Want something hardcore, try finding an untrackable Phinny in Timorous deep.

Because Nilbog is trying to make a fucking classic server. All of these asinine suggestions work well for EQEMU and you're welcome to make a server that does these things, but Nilbog is making a classic server here and will remain classic for the duration. He's also very against Luclin...but I'm hoping maybe he'll take a liking to cats on the moon someday :3

eqravenprince
12-27-2013, 04:32 PM
I like classic EQ myself, that's why I play on here from time to time. Just offering up an idea that sounds fun to me. Based on what I am reading, the majority of people do not like the "classic" raid scene we have here.

Ahldagor
12-27-2013, 04:46 PM
I like classic EQ myself, that's why I play on here from time to time. Just offering up an idea that sounds fun to me. Based on what I am reading, the majority of people do not like the "classic" raid scene we have here.

it's more that the raiding guilds have to play nice with each other now, and they don't want to because they're still trying to out do the others. lotta poop being thrown and there's probably some good ideas, but it takes everyone working together to get it done.

Clark
12-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Is interesting idea, but not classic.

radditsu
12-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Cats on teh moonz