PDA

View Full Version : lvl 44 necro gear / XP area questions!

Taiku
12-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Hey! Just hit 44 and I've decided that it's about time I stop wearing my jboots and 2+ strength cloak, I'm only at 174 int, it's not too bad but I feel like a few of my armor pieces are basically wasted slots right now. Any suggestions on affordable boots/cloak/arms/shoulders, maybe rings? I'm not sure when 55+ hp rings become something you shouldn't be wearing, I like them a lot but not sure if that's something I should be wearing at higher level.

I don't have a ton of plat to spend as this is my highest level character so I'm not really looking into spending 2k+ on each slot just yet.

Also I've found Aggro kite very fun so I was wondering if there are any particularly good areas to do that in around my level. (Darkness > Send Pet > Nuke the shit out of them, I think that's aggro kite, anyway) And when can I start doing something similar to the gate guards in Freeport? I was just there yesterday and thought it would be amazing, since there is so much open room to kite in. Before anyone says do dungeons I really don't like soloing in areas that aren't very open and such, I can do it, but it's just more stressful than it needs to be!

Crede
12-27-2013, 01:52 PM
I don't personally play a necro, so I can't help you much on gear.

Are you set on this aggro kiting? If not, can easily just solo root rot from 44-51/52 in loio at the underwater bloodgill goblins. Great xp, low HP, and 12 of them to go around. Also, since you're an iksar with good swimming and now have DMF, shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck

Asap
12-27-2013, 01:56 PM
I spent 44-49 at the bloodgills in LOIO. I was getting 2-3% per kill until they turned light blue. The camp is super boring, but it's some of the easiest and fastest experience in the game for that level.

Taiku
12-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Hmmmm, maybe I'll check those out, i saw the ZEM is pretty low for that area, odd that you would get so much xp from them. Does root rot work with just normal root? and not Enstill, I always find it breaks super early

Taiku
12-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Thank you for the responses, I'll check it out when i'm around that area again!

Asap
12-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Hmmmm, maybe I'll check those out, i saw the ZEM is pretty low for that area, odd that you would get so much xp from them. Does root rot work with just normal root? and not Enstill, I always find it breaks super early

I fear-kited them, and used fear to break them

Velerin
12-27-2013, 02:16 PM
I prefer the hp rings even in the 50s. Especially as a necro where hp=mana. A higher mana pool really doesn't help that much for exping unless trying to take down big stuff. More hp = more buffer till death, more life to play with for lich and taps. 110 hp at lvl 44 is like 10-15% extra hp?
For gear I'd mostly just look at filling any empty slots with cheap stuff that has int/mana/hp.
Boots: shadowbound? can quest yourself and free
Cloak: Mystic cloak quest (can be done with iksar faction??) free good cloak, if not kunzar cloak is cheap and decent.
Shoulders: Not as many good ones I know of. I was wearing a peggy cloak there til just recently when I got some loam.
Arms: gatorscale, embroidered black sleeves? both cheap

Basically make sure all your slots are filled with these decent cheap items before buying big items. Will help a lot more for a whole lot less pp.

Taiku
12-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the advice Velerin, I just noticed that I'm wearing cloth gloves as well, lol, any suggestion on that? spending 500-1000pp on a piece of gear is doable for me right now.

Velerin
12-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Bloodstained gloves from Unrest aren't bad and easy to get/cheap, +25 mana I think. Not much else cheap there. Next upgrade are probably the impskin which run like 3k.

Oh yeah for necros you have the shadowbound ones which you could quest yourself for free or buy.

Tecmos Deception
12-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Hooded black cloak, gatorscale arms, embroidered black shoulders, shadowbound boots, 5/55 rings. You can camp/quest it all yourself at 44.

Bloodgills had a silly-high zem when I leveled my chanter there even though the zone overall does not.

Taiku
12-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Off to MM I go to get the part for my shadowbound gear, and then to try to camp an HBC. And then I suppose I'll head over to Bloodgills. Thanks for responses!

Morticon
12-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Uteunayr's guide is a great resource -- http://wiki.project1999.com/Uteunayr%27s_Necromancer_Soloing_and_Strategy_Guid e

Taiku
12-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Awesome, that's the one I didn't check lol, thank you! Managed to get back to the HBC camp, as soon as I FDed back there ready to set up two level 50+ guys who were camped right there logged in and took the spot, probably a good thing because I'm not sure I would of been able to solo the camp, going to LOIO now.

filthyphil
12-29-2013, 10:08 AM
click my magelo for some cheap and easy to obtain items, no questing involved.

Taiku
12-29-2013, 02:45 PM
click my magelo for some cheap and easy to obtain items, no questing involved.

Hmmn, runed cowl might be a good upgrade for me, thank you!

Uteunayr
12-29-2013, 06:04 PM
The main Necromancer page should have a gear guide. I believe each slot has a relatively cheap item. I remember adding a number of items extensively to the list, and have thought of adding a section on what to look for when gearing a Necromancer, but since it is still very subjective from person to person on the relative value of Mana vs HP, it makes a gearing guide a little bit more rigid.

I might add something about that on my guide, where I can be more subjective safely.

Personally, I recommend finding HP gear primarily. Aim for Adamantite Bands/Platinum Fire Wedding Rings, Bracelet of Woven Grass, Gatorscale Sleeves, Braided Cinch Cord, Shadowbound Boots, etc.