PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Corpses getting stuck in The Hole

Byrjun
12-26-2013, 06:58 PM
It's a common tactic to have a cleric DA jump down the Hole to rez other people who jump, to quickly get to the bottom of the Hole.

This is a crap shoot on this server though, because there's probably a 20-30% chance you leave a corpse at the top of the drop, instead of down on the ground where it should be. Almost every time we go do Yael or something we have to petition for 1-2 corpses to be summoned, and then the people who lost corpses have to sit around without their gear for hours.

This should be a high priority fix, imo.

Edit: If someone tries to /targ, /corpse while jumping down... it'll say you're summoning the corpse but it appears to just stay there at the top.

radditsu
12-26-2013, 10:32 PM
It's a common tactic to have a cleric DA jump down the Hole to rez other people who jump, to quickly get to the bottom of the Hole.

This is a crap shoot on this server though, because there's probably a 20-30% chance you leave a corpse at the top of the drop, instead of down on the ground where it should be. Almost every time we go do Yael or something we have to petition for 1-2 corpses to be summoned, and then the people who lost corpses have to sit around without their gear for hours.

This should be a high priority fix, imo.

Edit: If someone tries to /targ, /corpse while jumping down... it'll say you're summoning the corpse but it appears to just stay there at the top.

Cant z axis drag?

Handull
12-27-2013, 04:20 AM
You can z-axis drag, but the issue often becomes how do you target the corpse. Often the corpse is too high up to manually target it, and /target XYZ's corpse doesn't work due to distance. I've had pretty good success re-jumping a DA class and spamming a macro for /target XYZ's corpse, /corpse x4. Sometimes just blindly clicking works, and sometimes you have to find a necro or a gm. Cheers.

Jimjam
12-28-2013, 12:26 PM
On live the game didn't save your velocity when you logged so /quit just before you hit the ground. When you logged in you would only have a short (read:survivable) fall remaining.

I didn't ever see anyone else do this (besides the IRL friends I showed it to, all my in game friends thought I was trying to trick them into suicide and a difficult CR!). I have no idea if this was a widely known method.

Perhaps this work around (assuming it exists on p99) will have to make do till this rez trick is made to funcion correctly.

EQsale
12-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Maybe you could just you know.. do the zone the way it should properly be done and clear down rather then abuse a method of just jumping down then crying if you have trouble getting your corpse back?

JackFlash
12-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Maybe you could just you know.. do the zone the way it should properly be done and clear down rather then abuse a method of just jumping down then crying if you have trouble getting your corpse back?

Nice troll. Save it for RNF.

Byrjun
01-04-2014, 02:58 AM

It was a zone line intentionally added to the game since before The Hole was even introduced. There's no "abuse" involved at all. That's about as logical as saying that you should run from Mistmoore to Erudin by foot even if you're bound in Toxxulia because gating is abusing game mechanics.

Anyways, there's really strange behavior involved when this happens:

a) I've been able to /target someone's corpse who got corpse bugged. When you /corpse it, it says you're summoning their corpse with no additional error message. However, the corpse never actually appears next to you.

and

b) In this situation PlayerA gives you consent before you're about to make the jump yourself. You jump and zone in, and can see PlayerA's corpse way up at the top of the pit before you start falling. If you /target and /corpse it says that you're summoning the corpse with no subsequent error messages (like above). However once you get to the bottom, the corpse never actually comes with you and it's still stuck up above.

This is a pretty common bug and often results in having to /petition for a GM to take the time to fix the problem.

Daldaen
01-04-2014, 08:52 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Track_Corpse

Is this spell not working properly?

It should give you a buff and every tick it should turn your character to face the nearest corpse AND place that corpse on target. To solve your targeting issue. Then just /corpse drag it out of the Z Axis spot.

I dunno. I'd say just use the normal zone path. This isn't an exploit just a loophole that the devs never really intended on being a real usable entry way to the zone. More a punishment for falling off. Levitate is removed in the zone for a reason. To prevent people from doing this. But between bard DA and SBIs, it seems to get used quite often by players who know way more about the game than they did 14 years ago.

Aeolwind
01-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Are these people dying before they finish loading? That would cause it to happen on live.

Brut
01-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Are these people dying before they finish loading? That would cause it to happen on live.

Not sure if that's the case. I get this prty much every time hopping down. It doesn't just load me into a death screen, I can cast DA and whatnot else fun activities en route down. But when I hit the bottom I can see my corpse sort of bounce back up to the air then back down. Followed with it becoming an ordeal for anyone to pull it out of there.

Aaactually, I do think my loading can be slow though, since I often get a bug where a drood after porting me SoWs me before I finish loading, and as a result I get an obnoxious ghost-SoW that doesnt actually show up on effects or make me run faster, but still blocks jboots. Like my toon is already in the zone for a while before I get out of the loading screen. So although I can see the whole fall down from the zonein and I can do whatever during it, chances are the server has already done the whole falling ahead of me and thus the client and server's Z location gets all messy?

Aeolwind
01-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Not sure if that's the case. I get this prty much every time hopping down. It doesn't just load me into a death screen, I can cast DA and whatnot else fun activities en route down. But when I hit the bottom I can see my corpse sort of bounce back up to the air then back down. Followed with it becoming an ordeal for anyone to pull it out of there.

Aaactually, I do think my loading can be slow though, since I often get a bug where a drood after porting me SoWs me before I finish loading, and as a result I get an obnoxious ghost-SoW that doesnt actually show up on effects or make me run faster, but still blocks jboots. Like my toon is already in the zone for a while before I get out of the loading screen. So although I can see the whole fall down from the zonein and I can do whatever during it, chances are the server has already done the whole falling ahead of me and thus the client and server's Z location gets all messy?

That would be my guess. Unfortunately, this would be a low priority fix as well. I mean, if you have a slow connection don't try jumping into the Hole is the same as saying 'If you have slow reaction time, you shouldn't base jump or fly fighter planes.'