PDA

View Full Version : Santa came to town.. The Aftermath

Altair
12-25-2013, 12:13 PM
I was near the tunnel in EC when Santa came in low and slow over the hills. One look at the tunnel and and all the hawkers and Santa and tore up his list and shouted 'Screw this!".
It began with wave after wave of cold based spells, that tore thru the crowd like tissue paper. Blood and cold was so thick it snowed RED. Then it got worse, Santa turned all the willowwisps feral and shouted, "Try hangin these shiny lights on your tree!".
I swear I saw a Bixie the size of mammoth laying waste to the rest of Eastcommons, even the griffin was trying to zone.
After watching the bloodbath I cast blind on myself and hid under the corpse of a ogre.
I can not repeat what Santa shouted as he drove out of sight, but it will haunt my nightmares forever.

Santa had made it a Silent Night in east commons......

Purifyre
12-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Did that really happen? I wound up logging off because the "Find Santa" and the battle in Everfrost were both events that the majority of players couldn't participate in, at least not without having friends or guildies who could port you everywhere haha.

Byrjun
12-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Everfrost probably wasn't the greatest place to do the event, although over 120 people were there by the end and the Krampus Claus fight probably lasted over 30 minutes. If you started heading towards Everfrost as soon as the event was announced you probably could have gotten there in time.

That said, 2-3 guises and 2 pegasus cloaks were given out to 120+ people so your odds of winning anything weren't great.

Zeds
12-25-2013, 07:06 PM
the battle in Everfrost were both events that the majority of players couldn't participate in, at least not without having friends or guildies who could port you everywhere haha. this, and I heard the guises and peggy cloaks were all looted by 1 person

Tasslehofp99
12-25-2013, 07:47 PM
this, and I heard the guises and peggy cloaks were all looted by 1 person

lol one was given to a bard, another an enchanter won (then promptly switched toons to loot with another character,) the 3rd was looted by a druid.

I got the damn killshot on Krampus(druid powa) and didn't even get a lump of coal.

Derubael
12-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Pretty much all the items I gave out in the 'find santa' thing went to low and mid lvl characters. Most high level druids and wizards who figured it out quick and got there first ended up with an illusion pot. The 'find santa' event was meant to be something everyone could participate in, and they absolutely did - a wide range of player classes came and found me, and were given stuff that (in most cases) were upgrades and/or sellable items for them.

The Krampus event was just meant to be fun for anyone who could get there. And 1 person did not get all the loot, everyone there made a roll and the top 5 rolls got items. Someone did end up ninja looting a guise, but we nuked it off his character.

Don't believe everything you hear! The real santa_claus was never in EC tunnel :) that was a player named santaclaus who was handing out tons of items to lowbies (very cool!)

Thulack
12-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Pretty much all the items I gave out in the 'find santa' thing went to low and mid lvl characters. Most high level druids and wizards who figured it out quick and got there first ended up with an illusion pot. The 'find santa' event was meant to be something everyone could participate in, and they absolutely did - a wide range of player classes came and found me, and were given stuff that (in most cases) were upgrades and/or sellable items for them.

The Krampus event was just meant to be fun for anyone who could get there. And 1 person did not get all the loot, everyone there made a roll and the top 5 rolls got items. Someone did end up ninja looting a guise, but we nuked it off his character.

Don't believe everything you hear! The real santa_claus was never in EC tunnel :) that was a player named santaclaus who was handing out tons of items to lowbies (very cool!)

Lies!! ;)

Derubael
12-25-2013, 08:19 PM
oh thulack is right, i was there for about 10 seconds :)

justin2090
12-25-2013, 09:45 PM
The Krampus Claus fight was pretty neat. Scrolling through 150 loot rolls made my eyes bleed though. I was so very close to getting a guise for my Iksar Monk but just wasn't fast enough.

Oh and Santa wouldn't accept my /d request. I wanted to add some more unique damage to my sig.

Tasslehofp99
12-26-2013, 06:40 AM
lol ninja looting during a GM event, super bad!

webrunner5
12-26-2013, 10:55 AM
lol ninja looting during a GM event, super bad!

That bastard ought to be be perma banned. :mad: Or at least give out the cheating bastards name.

Altair
12-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Nah, it never happened... It's more of a "WHAT IF" story where Santa goes Postal. Can't imagine Santa's naughty/nice list of EC regulars looks good;)

Better watch out.. Santa will be WATCHING!

Clark
12-27-2013, 05:16 AM
Gratz winners! Sounds like it was fun.

Lemiddar
12-27-2013, 05:19 AM
thulack is right

WHY?!?

Moodie
12-27-2013, 06:46 AM
I was so happy to finally find Santa before anyone. After hailing him out of excitement several times, all I got was an epic pimp slap from Krampus. Overall, it was a pretty cool event.

Ahldagor
12-27-2013, 01:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-Mce9VpmY

Altair
12-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Thanks for Weird Al vid, heh