PDA

View Full Version : More respawning earthquakes please.

Elmarnieh
12-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Adds a lot of spice, fun, and unpredictability to the game for those of us who raid and it will help both better mimic the live experience of "emergency patches" and keep loot entering into the economy at a rate more like live (since variance of extended windows slows this down).

Once or twice a month should be good.

Nephazz
12-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Could someone please explain to a newbie what happened?

Daldaen
12-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Screen shook, similar to the shake that occurs in Citadel of Anguish when AMV is defeated and the structure guarding OMM is lifted (for those of you who raided OoW)

After the screen shook every boss mob respawned immediately.

2 Planar gods (CT / Inny)
4 Kunark Dragons (Talendor, Gorenaire, Severelious, Faydedar)
Venril Sathir
Trakanon
2 Old World Dragons (Nagafen and Vox)
Noble Dojorn in Sky

I'm unclear as to whether Master Yael / Phinigel respawned.

baalzy
12-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Rog has the ability to cause a simulated 'earthquake' (your screen shakes) on command. He also has the ability to make raid mobs respawn whenever he wants.

He paired an earthquake with a simultaneous repopping of all raid mobs the other day. The idea is to simulate what happened on live back in the day after a server patch (the server going down for any reason caused all the mobs to repop when it came back up, server patches happened regularly every 2 weeks if I recall). Our server doesn't patch nearly that often so they've been working on a way to simulate that repop scenario without actually having to restart the server.

Korpskugga
12-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Adds a lot of spice, fun, and unpredictability to the game for those of us who raid and it will help both better mimic the live experience of "emergency patches" and keep loot entering into the economy at a rate more like live (since variance of extended windows slows this down).

Once or twice a month should be good.

/well put

MasterKiljaedon
12-24-2013, 05:34 PM
From my understanding this was a Christmas gift to the server and not something that will happen much.