PDA

View Full Version : Raid guild agreement so far?

toosweet
12-24-2013, 12:25 AM
I know its kind of soon but how is the Agreement between the raid guilds working out so far?
Any issues that need fixing?
Do you all feel this has been a good thing for p99 and wish to see it continue?

The whole feel of the server these last few days has been really good!

Thulack
12-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Probably a better idea to ask after the next round of spawns. Everything went smooth with the repops last night as far as i know. Everyone respected other guilds shots.

Frieza_Prexus
12-24-2013, 12:34 AM
The missing piece of the puzzle is TMO and what will happen in 2 weeks. With Christmas 2 days away, it's been hard to get all the internal dialogue started. Give it a week or so, and I'm sure there will be an update for the public to see.

lazcar
12-24-2013, 01:02 AM
I do not know if I am missing an official thread somewhere. If I am I apologize. Who is the new leadership of TMO? What changes have you made to your agenda? As a guild are you guys going to make any compromises that have not been made previously?

Toobit
12-24-2013, 01:13 AM
The game has changed, IMO...

From what I saw and experienced yesterday... I believe it IS possible for the big guilds to interact with civility and respect... as it should be.

I'm confident that we can continue to communicate, cooperate, and progress... each at our own pace... without having to stomp all over each other.

You don't have to push others down to elevate yourself.

phacemeltar
12-24-2013, 01:29 AM
The game has changed, IMO...

From what I saw and experienced yesterday... I believe it IS possible for the big guilds to interact with civility and respect... as it should be.

I'm confident that we can continue to communicate, cooperate, and progress... each at our own pace... without having to stomp all over each other.

thats not classic, yo.

kotton05
12-24-2013, 01:30 AM
this isn't classic, yo.

Toobit
12-24-2013, 01:46 AM
this isn't classic, yo.

Frieza_Prexus
12-24-2013, 01:48 AM
I do not know if I am missing an official thread somewhere. If I am I apologize. Who is the new leadership of TMO? What changes have you made to your agenda? As a guild are you guys going to make any compromises that have not been made previously?

These questions will be answered in the coming days when we know the answers ourselves.

Toobit
12-24-2013, 02:29 AM
The whole feel of the server these last few days has been really good!

I agree 100%... That having been said.. I don't believe for a second that TMO is or was responsible for the miserable feel of the server prior to the last couple days..

What shitted up the server was the mechanics, and the culture.. of the high-end raiding game... and that existed long before TMO became the top raid-guild. TMO simply excelled within the culture that was presented to them.

It is naïve to say that TMO is just a bunch of pricks... I doubt that there are many long-time players that don't have a friend or two.. or more... in TMO...

It's very easy to point fingers, and pass judgement... but a lot of the lesser guilds were guilty of doing the very things that they deemed diabolical TMO tactics... perhaps in a smaller venue..

<Takes a breath>

So.. What I'm trying to say is... Perhaps it wasn't the TMO debacle of recent days that improved the server... maybe its just that the TMO debacle forced the GM's... the big guilds... and the population at-large.. .. to take a look at wtf we are all doing here..

ssfarmer
12-24-2013, 02:51 AM
I would have to disagree with you toobit .... TMO had been approached multiple times about setting something up like what is going on now and every time they shot it down.

Toobit
12-24-2013, 03:04 AM
I would have to disagree with you toobit .... TMO had been approached multiple times about setting something up like what is going on now and every time they shot it down.

And that may well be the case.... I'm not trying to paint TMO as some sort of misunderstood angels...

What I'm saying is.. the culture of the end-game has been so toxic for so long... that any group that grabbed the top spot would likely react the same way...

I'm hoping that that culture is changing now..

Clark
12-24-2013, 06:58 AM
http://s24.postimg.org/vt3f8tvf9/Untitled6665543.png

arsenalpow
12-24-2013, 10:53 AM
And that may well be the case.... I'm not trying to paint TMO as some sort of misunderstood angels...

What I'm saying is.. the culture of the end-game has been so toxic for so long... that any group that grabbed the top spot would likely react the same way...

I'm hoping that that culture is changing now..

this isn't the first break TMO has been forced to take. The last time this happened BDA tried to make things as happy as possible for all guilds involved. Server-wide raids on Trak with randomed loot, large windows to allow other guilds to mobilize.

Back when there was a guild summit TMO didn't even bother to send a representative that could enact or endorse any changes. TMO has been approached NUMEROUS times to make things more amicable, but before TMO there was IB (TR) and before that it was someone else.

TMO had to endure the same shitty end game so they feel that they owe the server nothing, if we want something we have to be as ruthless and assholish as they had to be. It's a new world now with the staff deciding that mentality has to go so we'll see what happens when the suspension expires.

Lammy
12-24-2013, 11:00 AM
It may not be as butterflies and rainbows as it is for everyone right now that TMO is on suspension, but I think people can expect to see some consessions from TMO.

Autotune
12-24-2013, 11:06 AM

I, the new leader of TMO, Stealin Dragons, will answer all of your questions the day before my guild's suspension is lifted. Please hold all of your questions until then, thank you and merry holidays.

quido
12-24-2013, 11:07 AM
TMO will play ball with the community and find a way to let new folks get some shots at some encounters while finding a way to maintain the competitive spirit so many of us have come to enjoy.

arsenalpow
12-24-2013, 11:25 AM
We'll see what happens with this two hour waiting period thing. Also, I'd like to see something to address just straight socking. No one wants to sit in VS's room like y'all have been doing lately for 100+ hours at a time.

MaksimMazor
12-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Cry moar

Gaffin 3.0
12-24-2013, 11:40 AM
http://s24.postimg.org/vt3f8tvf9/Untitled6665543.png

Drob
12-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Cry moar

This guy should be TMO's guild spokesman.

Ella`Ella
12-24-2013, 02:53 PM
The classic experience and sentiment amongst the raiding guilds is that competition is welcomed and will continue to be embraced. To the extent that we're trampling every other guild for certain targets; the behavior will be curbed for the better. Some mobs will remain heavily contested, however guilds willing enough and able to contest them with the high-end raid guilds will be welcomed.

karanastorm
12-24-2013, 03:39 PM
I agree 100%... That having been said.. I don't believe for a second that TMO is or was responsible for the miserable feel of the server prior to the last couple days..

What shitted up the server was the mechanics, and the culture.. of the high-end raiding game... and that existed long before TMO became the top raid-guild. TMO simply excelled within the culture that was presented to them.

It is naïve to say that TMO is just a bunch of pricks... I doubt that there are many long-time players that don't have a friend or two.. or more... in TMO...

It's very easy to point fingers, and pass judgement... but a lot of the lesser guilds were guilty of doing the very things that they deemed diabolical TMO tactics... perhaps in a smaller venue..

<Takes a breath>

So.. What I'm trying to say is... Perhaps it wasn't the TMO debacle of recent days that improved the server... maybe its just that the TMO debacle forced the GM's... the big guilds... and the population at-large.. .. to take a look at wtf we are all doing here..

Wrong wrong wrong. TMO was the exact reason for the poor raid scene on P99 and they were the direct result of all the major issues today. As stated by the staff, "It continues to be an aggravating realization among CSR staff that 10% of the server population causes 90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are also all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content."

That said I find it hard to believe a Taken member would look so kindly toward TMO, when you guys got shit on many times by TMO and IB/FE for that matter because IB/FE were all being dicks indirectly because of TMO shenanigans.

TMO monopolizes raid content end of story. You can't defend that or them. If you do then I feel bad for you as a member of Taken guild.

Clark
12-24-2013, 04:11 PM
The classic experience and sentiment amongst the raiding guilds is that competition is welcomed and will continue to be embraced. To the extent that we're trampling every other guild for certain targets; the behavior will be curbed for the better. Some mobs will remain heavily contested, however guilds willing enough and able to contest them with the high-end raid guilds will be welcomed.

goshozal
12-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Wrong wrong wrong. TMO was the exact reason for the poor raid scene on P99 and they were the direct result of all the major issues today. As stated by the staff, "It continues to be an aggravating realization among CSR staff that 10% of the server population causes 90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are also all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content."

That said I find it hard to believe a Taken member would look so kindly toward TMO, when you guys got shit on many times by TMO and IB/FE for that matter because IB/FE were all being dicks indirectly because of TMO shenanigans.

TMO monopolizes raid content end of story. You can't defend that or them. If you do then I feel bad for you as a member of Taken guild.

I'm not somebody who was here on day one, but you are just adorable.

Thulack
12-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Taken has directly benefited from TMO's dominance for a number of their members so obviously you are misinformed overall. Look at how many "difficult" epics they have, vp/trak/VS geared characters, etc. while not doing that content themselves. Some were free handouts others were purchased like the majority of the other guilds/players who weren't in TMO... but Taken's arrangement was different than everyone else's for awhile.

For instance i believe there is still a thread floating around that has Taken members on TMO's DKP in order to get gear directly whereas other guilds can't say the same.

Please tell us all the difficult epics we have: 0 necro, 1 SK(that app'd a month ago), 0 Druids, 2 bard(1 bought, 1 from a old returning new app), 0 mage, 0 wizard.....So tell me again all the hard epics we have...4 VP keyed players...yeah thats tons....Oh i have trak BP i must have gotten it from TMO(wrong)....Can i see some Taken on TMO dkp cause no taken raids with TMO or has in the last 6 months.... Anything else you have to say? I know at 1 point this was friendly relations with TMO by Taken but that was before my time so i dont know full details but i know that it ended as fast as it came about..Due to TMO recent and no so recent actions we don't have any buddy-buddy arrangements with TMO.

sanforce
12-24-2013, 04:33 PM

Let me refer you to our PR representative.

Cry moar

baalzy
12-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Let me refer you to our PR representative.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnakgz_ocean-marketing-just-another-day-at-the-office-new-challenger-turbo_videogames

Thulack
12-24-2013, 05:14 PM
As you yourself mentioned... so shut up scrub

If you don't know then don't comment, read my post again it is pretty self explanatory

I read what you wrote. Tell me all the hard epics we have and all these VP keyed toons you talking about? You make it sound like we have epics out the ass and half our raid force is vp keyed which its not. They got assistance from TMO a few times and as i stated currently and for atleast the last 6 months we have not had any assistance from TMO. Keep stiring the pot though cause everyone here believe you i'm sure.

Frieza_Prexus
12-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Wrong wrong wrong. TMO was the exact reason for the poor raid scene on P99 and they were the direct result of all the major issues today.

TMO has certainly contributed to the lolbad that's been going on, but the text you are quoting is, in my opinion, being taken out of context.

"As stated by the staff, "It continues to be an aggravating realization among CSR staff that 10% of the server population causes 90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are ALSO all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content."

The "also" indicates, to me, two issues. The 90% of the problems is referring to the constant comPETITION between TMO and FE. Constantly reviewing fraps and checking trains was a huge timesink on the GMs, and I think that sentence is saying "stop being buttholes to eachother while raiding." The second issue is that of monopolization. I do not think the intent was to say TMO is directly responsible for all of the world's problems, but to acknowledge certain problems and the roles we all play in them.

TMO has certainly sinned, but let's a deep breath before we pull out the guillotine. The Treaty of Versailles did not work then, and it's not a good idea now.

Thulack
12-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Your incorrect assumptions aren't my problem, everyone else who has been around knows the facts including your guildies and TMO themselves. I am not your p99 history teacher so i'm done with your incessant babbling. I just gave examples to that one individual as to why "a single Taken member" would be so supportive of TMO as a whole.

exactly what it is. So dont make it sound like it still goes on.

Splorf22
12-24-2013, 05:58 PM
I support any raid agreement that gives Sakuragi a full set of Legionnaire Scale Armor.

Protork1
12-24-2013, 06:01 PM
TMO has certainly contributed to the lolbad that's been going on, but the text you are quoting is, in my opinion, being taken out of context.

"As stated by the staff, "It continues to be an aggravating realization among CSR staff that 10% of the server population causes 90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are ALSO all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content."

The "also" indicates, to me, two issues. The 90% of the problems is referring to the constant comPETITION between TMO and FE. Constantly reviewing fraps and checking trains was a huge timesink on the GMs, and I think that sentence is saying "stop being buttholes to eachother while raiding." The second issue is that of monopolization. I do not think the intent was to say TMO is directly responsible for all of the world's problems, but to acknowledge certain problems and the roles we all play in them.

TMO has certainly sinned, but let's a deep breath before we pull out the guillotine. The Treaty of Versailles did not work then, and it's not a good idea now.

Didn't the Treaty of Versailles fail because certain countries were like, "Fuck it" for petty reasons?

Maybe on P99 these "countries" shouldn't say "fuck it" for petty reasons.

radditsu
12-24-2013, 06:10 PM
I support any raid agreement that gives Sakuragi a full set of Legionnaire Scale Armor.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aLcHJN1soY4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DaLcHJN1soY4

uygi
12-24-2013, 06:32 PM
The Treaty of Versailles did not work then, and it's not a good idea now.
Didn't the Treaty of Versailles fail because certain countries were like, "Fuck it" for petty reasons?

Wikipedia: Treaty of Versailles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Versailles)

Basically they bitchslapped Germany enough to piss them off but not enough to prevent them from starting WWII... the treaty of Versailles had a lack of enforcement and Germany used some NKorea-ish rhetoric (Zeelot?) but nobody really bothered to stand up to them.

Can only assume the analog is that WWI just ended, which might imply that TMO will recruit some power on the other side of the server... I guess Europa?... and form an alliance to try to take over the server completely. They'd also need a Russia figure (maybe Taken?) to partner with at the beginning, and then backstab, attempt to invade, get caught in the snow (lol velious) and ultimately lose the war. But I'm probably reading too much into it.

Most interesting is which guilds play which parts? IB probably has to be Britain, and FE has to be the USA... and FE has to remain neutral til Europa launches a sneak attack. I don't see Taken as much of a Russia but who else is there? I can't think of a good role for BDA to play, and I don't know who's going to be Italy either. And I'm sorry Loraen, but in my mind A-Team has to be France. Please don't take it personally.

Tasslehofp99
12-24-2013, 06:37 PM
BDA can be Canada, or China.

Splorf22
12-24-2013, 06:52 PM
And I'm sorry Loraen, but in my mind A-Team has to be France. Please don't take it personally.

Tool. BDA is France. The A-Team is Switzerland (small, competent, traded with Germany during both wars).

Autotune
12-24-2013, 06:55 PM
CAN I BE JESUS!?

Nlaar
12-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Tool. BDA is France. The A-Team is Switzerland (small, competent, traded with Germany during both wars).

I agree with the A-Team ~ Switzerland analogy. Switzerland did indeed trade and PROFIT off of the NAZI actions during that time period i.e., Switzerland played innocent while profiting off of war crimes committed by their trade partners.

See Inside Man (film) for a fictional example of a real issue.
"When there's blood on the streets..."

As for BDA being France... Gosh I hope not.

kotton05
12-24-2013, 07:02 PM
BDA def not France I'm sorry. A-Team fills more of a Poland role... Once allied with Germany but thru out the war they remained neutral

SyanideGas
12-24-2013, 07:07 PM
BDA def not France I'm sorry.

Truth

Hitpoint
12-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Wikipedia: Treaty of Versailles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Versailles)

Basically they bitchslapped Germany enough to piss them off but not enough to prevent them from starting WWII... the treaty of Versailles had a lack of enforcement and Germany used some NKorea-ish rhetoric (Zeelot?) but nobody really bothered to stand up to them.

Can only assume the analog is that WWI just ended, which might imply that TMO will recruit some power on the other side of the server... I guess Europa?... and form an alliance to try to take over the server completely. They'd also need a Russia figure (maybe Taken?) to partner with at the beginning, and then backstab, attempt to invade, get caught in the snow (lol velious) and ultimately lose the war. But I'm probably reading too much into it.

Most interesting is which guilds play which parts? IB probably has to be Britain, and FE has to be the USA... and FE has to remain neutral til Europa launches a sneak attack. I don't see Taken as much of a Russia but who else is there? I can't think of a good role for BDA to play, and I don't know who's going to be Italy either. And I'm sorry Loraen, but in my mind A-Team has to be France. Please don't take it personally.

FE is Britain. IB is the US.

FE barely held on, fighting TMO through the summer while IB was inactive. Eventually IB joined and gave us fresh reinforcements. Then we made a strong counter attack with FE/IB alliance.

I don't like Taken as Russia. GMs have to be the Soviets imo. Considering they are mostly responsible for winning the war in the end. Not that anything on this server is definitely "won" or "ending," I just want to stick with the analogy.

kotton05
12-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Can BDA be china?

Elements
12-24-2013, 07:18 PM
TMO def = USA, Rogean = North Korea, FE/IB = pakistan/syria, BDA = Frenchmenistan

kotton05
12-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Elements I think you missed the ww2 era type dealings

Splorf22
12-24-2013, 07:19 PM
FE is Britain. IB is the US.

FE barely held on, fighting TMO through the summer while IB was inactive. Eventually IB joined and gave us fresh reinforcements. Then we made a strong counter attack with FE/IB alliance.

Agreed.

BDA is 100% France, you guys just don't want to admit it. If any guild/nation has been stomped by TMO/Germany and come crying to the UN/forums it is BDA/France.

I don't really like Taken as Russia; that would imply they were one of the greatest competitors to TMO. Hitpoint probably has the right idea: Russia is the GMs who put up with so much shit that they finally snapped.

Merkk your Western history is a bit rusty; Poland was not neutral during WW2. They spent 99% of the time conquered by Germany/Russia and then just Germany. There actually was no Poland during WW1; I had to check that one to make sure I was remembering correctly.

Also I nominate Dolji* as Italy: delusions of grandeur and being a great power, but losing to the tribal Ethiopians with tanks and artillery.

So that leaves TMO as Germany, FE as England, IB as the USA, BDA as France, The A-Team as Switzerland, <Lord Bob> as Italy, and our GMs as the long-suffering Russians.

kotton05
12-24-2013, 07:21 PM
CAN I BE JESUS!?

Have you been persecuted and died for p99's sins and got a Rez from rogean to play again?

Autotune
12-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Agreed.

BDA is 100% France, you guys just don't want to admit it. If any guild/nation has been stomped by TMO/Germany and come crying to the UN/forums it is BDA/France.

I don't really like Taken as Russia; that would imply they were one of the greatest competitors to TMO. Hitpoint probably has the right idea: Russia is the GMs who put up with so much shit that they finally snapped.

Merkk your Western history is a bit rusty; Poland was not neutral during WW2. They spent 99% of the time conquered by Germany/Russia and then just Germany. There actually was no Poland during WW1; I had to check that one to make sure I was remembering correctly.

Also I nominate Dolji* as Italy: delusions of grandeur and being a great power, but losing to the tribal Ethiopians with tanks and artillery.

So that leaves TMO as Germany, FE as England, IB as the USA, BDA as France, The A-Team as Switzerland, <Lord Bob> as Italy, and our GMs as the long-suffering Russians.

IB can't be the US, it implies that they once were destroyed by Germany and left the planet to go fight Martians.

Autotune
12-24-2013, 07:24 PM
IB is definitely Japan and staff is the US. Everyone else can be whatever, because we all know at one point the staff nuked IB into oblivion.

khanable
12-24-2013, 07:25 PM
BDA is the moon

Circling around a lot of bullshit and making chicks go wild

Cecily
12-24-2013, 07:27 PM
TMO is definitely Germany. Hilter just shot himself and we're in the process of being disarmed.

khanable
12-24-2013, 07:28 PM
And now you'll come out with kinky porn and weird techno ammirite

kotton05
12-24-2013, 07:28 PM
I swear Poland was more neutral but oh well.

Could we say Sirken n Derubael are the UN?

Fael
12-24-2013, 07:32 PM

Brella for President, 2016. Fuck Hillary.

Dolic

Frieza_Prexus
12-24-2013, 07:34 PM

I take full responsibility for Godwinning the thread.

Heil Hydra!

uygi
12-24-2013, 09:41 PM
IB can't be the US, it implies that they once were destroyed by Germany and left the planet to go fight Martians.

Yeah the reason IB is Britain is cus they'd been crushed and basically couldn't do anything until FE entered the war. I suppose the Brits might have been fighting martians in the meantime, would be hard to prove one way or the other.

IB is definitely Japan and staff is the US. Everyone else can be whatever, because we all know at one point the staff nuked IB into oblivion.Interesting idea... I mean, Rogean did just nuke TMO, so maybe he's the US and TMO is Japan, at least for now. Doesn't really fit with any of the European angles we're all playing though.

I take full responsibility for Godwinning the thread.

Heil Hydra!

I'll grudgingly share half credit with you.

Jarnauga
12-24-2013, 09:53 PM
some people prefer being nazi germany over france ?

wtf :(

Mandalore93
12-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Best fit would be to lump end game raiding on the server for France. Or If we really want to stretch then TR can be France. Once they were number one but got steam rolled and absorbed by Germany/TMO. Or maybe Austria is a better fit for TR. taken as Japan maybe where they are loosely allied but really aren't doing much on their own.

Autotune
12-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Yeah the reason IB is Britain is cus they'd been crushed and basically couldn't do anything until FE entered the war. I suppose the Brits might have been fighting martians in the meantime, would be hard to prove one way or the other.

Interesting idea... I mean, Rogean did just nuke TMO, so maybe he's the US and TMO is Japan, at least for now. Doesn't really fit with any of the European angles we're all playing though.

I'll grudgingly share half credit with you.

TMO didn't really get nuked, they got wounded and Zeelot definitely committed suicide with his post the other day. Definitely Nazi Germany.

IB, however, got dealt a blow by the staff big enough to make them move to another plane of existence. Nuked, son... nuked.

MaksimMazor
12-24-2013, 11:45 PM
I vote for TMO being Soviet Era Russia

radditsu
12-24-2013, 11:49 PM
I vote for TMO being Soviet Era Russia

Soviets russians got to vote?

MaksimMazor
12-24-2013, 11:51 PM
In America we get to vote

Nlaar
12-25-2013, 12:02 AM
BDA is the moon

Circling around a lot of bullshit and making chicks go wild

Have my babies.

Toobit
12-25-2013, 12:06 AM

I'm not 'looking so kindly toward TMO' per se... I am merely being realistic about the fact that the Raid scene on P99 was a cut-throat, winner-take-all-and-fuck-everyone-else scenario long before TMO became top-dog..

I can understand why they would see no reason to be the ones to change that.. Is it selfish? Does it suck? Does it screw up the server?.... Yes... But that's the way it's always been... and not just here... It is the prevailing attitude in any number of MMO's where that kinda behavior is tolerated.

As long as we're making historical references here.. consider this...

Throughout history, whoever had the most powerful military took over everything they could, without pause or remorse. The Romans, Britain, Spain, France, Russia, the Dutch.. etc subjugated basically the entire world at one point or another... and if any one of them could have taken it ALL.. they would have.. it was understood that this was just the way of things. There was no shame in it.. There was no such thing as a fair-shake for anyone. If you weren't doing it to others.... Others would be doing it to you..

But times changed.. and we evolved as a human culture (though some would argue this point).. to the extent that this kind of behavior isn't tolerated anymore....

You can't fault those nations for attempting to succeed in the atmosphere they found themselves born into... change came hard... and slow... but it did come..

This is where I see us now.. on the verge of change.. at least I hope we are.

karanastorm
12-25-2013, 12:38 AM

I'm not somebody who was here on day one, but you are just adorable.

Not everyone plays the ForumQuest, get a clue.

sanluen
12-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Not to derail a delightful thread about European politics, but so far the raid agreement has worked well. A few key things that stand out in my mind were:

Guilds in VP alerting each other when kiting see invis mobs / moving their raids

Guilds communicating during the server repop

Allowing the first guild there to finish their engage in a reasonable time before showing up

A generally friendly global chat with many congratulatory remarks on downed bosses

MaksimMazor
12-25-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm glad everyone was holding hands and kissing

uygi
12-25-2013, 01:32 AM
TMO didn't really get nuked, they got wounded and Zeelot definitely committed suicide with his post the other day. Definitely Nazi Germany.

IB, however, got dealt a blow by the staff big enough to make them move to another plane of existence. Nuked, son... nuked.

2 week raid suspension, 86 accounts at least temporarily banned, looks like most of the trackers are gone forever, I think that qualifies as a nuke here.

Autotune
12-25-2013, 02:00 AM
2 week raid suspension, 86 accounts at least temporarily banned, looks like most of the trackers are gone forever, I think that qualifies as a nuke here.

Eh, sounds much worse than it was.

cyryllis
12-25-2013, 02:37 AM
86 accounts temporarily banned, out of what 700? Lol. Anyways we are working on making changes so we can compete without people being such sad pandas. Expect major announcements in the near future.

Autotune
12-25-2013, 02:39 AM
86 accounts temporarily banned, out of what 700? Lol. Anyways we are working on making changes so we can compete without people being such sad pandas. Expect major announcements in the near future.

I already announced I was playing again... literally nothing else major to announce bro.

Clark
12-25-2013, 02:46 AM
http://s23.postimg.org/ersosprrf/unbeliavable.jpg

uygi
12-25-2013, 02:21 PM

It's not a death sentence, and neither was US nuking of Japan, but I'm pretty sure the blow to TMO is, in absolute terms, the biggest bomb ever dropped on a guild on Blue.

Fael
12-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Two week ban bros. prepare your psyches for our return.

Dolic

Fuddwin
12-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Two week ban bros. prepare your psyches for our return.

Dolic

Poor Everyone Other Than TMO

kotton05
12-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Hope you come back with a new philosophy. I tried to talk to zag awhile back he was almost on board, glad the GM's implemented play nice policy in VP. That was one of the things we talked about to honor.

Luchino
12-25-2013, 07:58 PM
New treaty is in the works being drafted in between Zag's attempts of killing his liver.

Versus
12-25-2013, 08:22 PM
God I can't wait to engage in the FE/IB created PD poopsock fest like every VS. At least now maybe well all sing campfire songs while we shitsock.

toosweet
12-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Does tmo plan to come back and dictate to the server how things are going to go?

Seems like the agreement is working well, so we should hope they realize that Rogean and the server are done with the cesspool the raid scene used to be and get on board with the current agreement.

Cecily
12-25-2013, 08:29 PM
God I can't wait to engage in the FE/IB created PD poopsock fest like every VS. At least now maybe well all sing campfire songs while we shitsock.

Good thing theres no mobs in her room :(

Luchino
12-25-2013, 08:45 PM
If the new dear leader wants us to dictate the server his will be done.

kotton05
12-25-2013, 08:57 PM
bustin makes me feel good

Autotune
12-25-2013, 09:14 PM
I just want to sign up to get free pixels every few months.

Luchino
12-25-2013, 09:15 PM
gawl now i have to listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMPcuZZgmtE

start at 2:46 to have your mind blown.

Barahir
12-25-2013, 09:26 PM
I swear Poland was more neutral but oh well.

Could we say Sirken n Derubael are the UN?

In the immediate aftermath of WWI Poland fought both Germany and Russia. They also got land that had belonged to Czechoslovakia after Germany took it over in 38/39 So I would not say they were neutral like the Swiss.

It's a bit soon to say who is who in any server/history analogies since events are still unfolding.

Interesting that everyone wants to pin Germany on TMO. Interesting twist that many may not consider is that of TMO as Britain, on the victorious side in two world wars. Yet it came at such a high price that they lost their empire as a result.

Splorf22
12-25-2013, 10:45 PM
As long as we are discussing rotations and things, I seem to remember back in my VD days we had an agreement (with TMO) not to kill the Overseer of Air. IIRC this ended up in a exponentially increasing stream of variance-free Nobles. I am trying to remember if the GMs stomped on this or not.

Mezzmur
12-25-2013, 10:53 PM
I just want to sign up to get free pixels every few months.

Lets duo and get our share in the rotation. Individual guilds for all!

Autotune
12-25-2013, 11:01 PM
Lets duo and get our share in the rotation. Individual guilds for all!

I'm down with this business.

Lammy
12-25-2013, 11:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jHe3QEd.jpg

Splorf22
12-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Fabben, I had to laugh at you putting 'raid scene' in quotes, as though without TMO or midnight batphones or RNF rage there is no raid scene. It's like you saw Lord Rogean's proclamation about a new era of playing nice and recoiled in such horror that you formed a mental block.

olderj
12-26-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm trying to understand... Is fabben ridiculing the community for treating each other with decency and respect?

Lammy
12-26-2013, 12:47 AM
Only you guys could spin my thoughtful holiday card into something negative

Pint
12-26-2013, 12:47 AM
you guys need to show some sympathy, this is a confusing time for the p99 master race

Ella`Ella
12-26-2013, 03:54 AM
So, from what I understand...I am Wintson Churchill, Zeelot was/is Adolf Hitler, making Zagum Heinrich Himmler and Alarti/Eccezan are Joseph Goebbles, and finally Getsome is Roosevelt?

Hah, and a farewell post once called me "Little Hitler"...

Either way, I look forward to working with Himler... I mean Zagum on the end-game raid scene after the holidays.

radditsu
12-26-2013, 10:16 AM
and i am albert einstein

Mezzmur
12-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Dibs on Robert Oppenheimer.

http://onionesquereality.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/j-robert-oppenheimer.jpg

sanluen
12-26-2013, 11:31 AM
As long as we are discussing rotations and things, I seem to remember back in my VD days we had an agreement (with TMO) not to kill the Overseer of Air. IIRC this ended up in a exponentially increasing stream of variance-free Nobles. I am trying to remember if the GMs stomped on this or not.

That was when OoA and hand were hard to kill, so it benefited everyone to just have lots of Dojos all the time.

Now they are all pretty easy, and with the 20 minute rule, guilds would rather get 3 efreeti kills in a lump package than wait for a hope of finding dojorn up (and hoping that no other guilds will just come along and take out all the overseers).

Nirgon
12-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Server def changed. Try messing with Sirken and Derubael now. I heard they are giving away free vacations.

baramur
12-26-2013, 07:00 PM

Seems like it would be so much easier with the 2 hour lockout. Not only would it force competition between more then 2 guilds, but gdamn it would help with socks.

Mezzmur
12-26-2013, 11:37 PM
Seems like it would be so much easier with the 2 hour lockout. Not only would it force competition between more then 2 guilds, but gdamn it would help with socks.

Once a third guild gets into VS etc kills the other two can sock to their hearts delight. In theory only time there's a clear window w socking if there's only 2 guilds.