PDA

View Full Version : A Word About TMO and the Project 1999 Community

Derubael
12-22-2013, 01:40 AM
The Mystical Order

Recently the guild formerly known as The Mystical Order disbanded. We are saddened by their loss, as the guild as a whole donated their time, resources, and manpower to help this server be the classic experience that it is today. Their contribution to this server is immeasurable, and they will be missed.

That being said, their raid suspension still stands. Any former TMO members raiding are subject to disciplinary action. Circumventing a raid suspension by deguilding or joining a new guild is not something that is going to work. While we understand these members' frustration over not being allowed to raid over the holidays, the suspension stands and you risk your account if you do not adhere to it. This suspension includes all raid targets, entering Veeshan's Peak, Hate Plane, Fear Plane, and Ragefire. The suspension did not include Plane of Sky, and former members of TMO may go up to Plane of Sky with their respective guilds.

The Project 1999 Community

I'd like to take a moment to address the community at large. The Mystical Order as a whole was not involved in the use of this exploit, it was a select few members of the guild. The vast majority of banned accounts were not necessarily used or involved in the exploit. We have no reason to believe these actions were condoned by the guild as a whole.

This information was already revealed in the announcement made on 12/18/2013. However, it seems a large portion of the community has taken this opportunity to send hate tells, spam the forums, and harass members of The Mystical Order any way they can. While the staff will not police "talking trash" in Rants and Flames, we do not condone this behavior in the rest of the forums or in game. Unwarranted or unprovoked harassment towards anyone on Project 1999 is not only frowned upon by the staff, but should be frowned upon by the community as a whole. The /ignore feature is not an excuse to be malicious. Anyone who feels that players who had a "The Mystical Order" tag deserve this sort of harassment after being betrayed by people they cared and trusted should be ashamed of themselves.

If any player, regardless of guild affiliation, feels they are receiving excessive, untoward, or unwarranted harassment, you absolutely have the right to ask the person to stop. If they don't, petition for a CSR.

I can't speak for the rest of the staff, but I personally am extremely disappointed in all of you. I expect better from this community and its players. Stop acting like children taunting each other on the playground, and be an adult.

Errmaagaahwd, Verious??

To end on a positive note, it seems the community as a whole has taken steps to improve the raid scene on Project 1999. We are excited to see what effect this will have on the server. There are good things on the horizon for Project 1999, and we hope you'll all enjoy the server during the holidays and the year 2014!

A_Moderator01
12-22-2013, 01:44 AM
http://i.imgflip.com/5mcs3.jpg

khanable
12-22-2013, 01:46 AM
^ lol

imo the solution to all server problems is iksar illusion potions

can't argue when everyone is cool as fuck

Tiggles
12-22-2013, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the kind words, I'll make sure to pass the information to the people who quit from the nonstop hate tells.

pharmakos
12-22-2013, 01:48 AM
I can't speak for the rest of the staff, but I personally am extremely disappointed in all of you.

ALL of us? =p

good post though, and much needed. thank you derubael!

Autotune
12-22-2013, 01:48 AM
http://i.imgflip.com/5mcs3.jpg

Wait... I just got a guild invite to them...

zanderklocke
12-22-2013, 01:49 AM
I can't speak for the rest of the staff, but I personally am extremely disappointed in all of you. I expect better from this community and its players. Stop acting like children taunting each other on the playground, and be an adult.

I think this is best take away from your post. Regardless of guild affiliation, a lot of people have been acting pretty disgusting. I mean it's Christmas, jeeze!

Maybe things might be a little better on this server if everyone on both sides made peace and put down the pitchforks.

carli
12-22-2013, 01:54 AM
nice post, and GG 25% bonus xp. YAY

EDIT: here's what was broadcasted:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=153&pictureid=795

Peekae
12-22-2013, 01:55 AM
+1 as a whole a lot of people disliked TMO and they for sure had a few vocal assholes but a majority were decent folks in game IMO.

Swish
12-22-2013, 02:05 AM
As with any guild, TMO were a mixed bunch. I think a lot of the taunting comes from the result of keeping certain items/epics under lock and key to the rest of the server (necro epic, anyone?). That wasn't really very nice... but I understand why they did it ;)

Hopefully guild interaction improves and everyone tries to build a better community...hopefully :)

Hitpoint
12-22-2013, 02:06 AM
I've had some very positive interactions with TMO members in the past day or two.

Rogean
12-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Thanks Swish, now I'm going to go watch the Matrix. YOU ARE ACTIVELY HURTING VERRRROUSSS DEVELOPMENT.

Roku
12-22-2013, 02:08 AM
... but I understand why they did it ;)

Understands - 1
Doesn't Understand - 5741

Tann
Thanks Swish, now I'm going to go watch the Matrix. YOU ARE ACTIVELY HURTING VERRRROUSSS DEVELOPMENT.

Spoilers: He was dead the whole time!

Peekae
As with any guild, TMO were a mixed bunch. I think a lot of the taunting comes from the result of keeping certain items/epics under lock and key to the rest of the server (necro epic, anyone?). That wasn't really very nice... but I understand why they did it ;)

Hopefully guild interaction improves and everyone tries to build a better community...hopefully :)

I would agree on this it's the one thing I had issues with. Selling droppables sure but keeping all epic MQ's on lock was meh

hatelore
12-22-2013, 02:09 AM
The Mystical Order

Recently the guild formerly known as The Mystical Order disbanded. We are saddened by their loss, as the guild as a whole donated their time, resources, and manpower to help this server be the classic experience that it is today. Their contribution to this server is immeasurable, and they will be missed.

That being said, their raid suspension still stands. Any former TMO members raiding are subject to disciplinary action. Circumventing a raid suspension by deguilding or joining a new guild is not something that is going to work. While we understand these members' frustration over not being allowed to raid over the holidays, the suspension stands and you risk your account if you do not adhere to it. This suspension includes all raid targets, entering Veeshan's Peak, Hate Plane, Fear Plane, and Ragefire. The suspension did not include Plane of Sky, and former members of TMO may go up to Plane of Sky with their respective guilds.

I'd like to take a moment to address the community at large. The Mystical Order as a whole was not involved in the use of this exploit, it was a select few members of the guild. The vast majority of banned accounts were not necessarily used or involved in the exploit. We have no reason to believe these actions were condoned by the guild as a whole.

This information was already revealed in the announcement made on 12/18/2013. However, it seems a large portion of the community has taken this opportunity to send hate tells, spam the forums, and harass members of The Mystical Order any way they can. While the staff will not police "talking trash" in Rants and Flames, we do not condone this behavior in the rest of the forums or in game. Unwarranted or unprovoked harassment towards anyone on Project 1999 is not only frowned upon by the staff, but should be frowned upon by the community as a whole. The /ignore feature is not an excuse to be malicious. Anyone who feels that players who had a "The Mystical Order" tag deserve this sort of harassment after being betrayed by people they cared and trusted should be ashamed of themselves.

If any player, regardless of guild affiliation, feels they are receiving excessive, untoward, or unwarranted harassment, you absolutely have the right to ask the person to stop. If they don't, petition for a CSR.

Errmaagaahwd, Verious??

To end on a positive note, it seems the community as a whole has taken steps to improve the raid scene on Project 1999. We are excited to see what effect this will have on the server. There are good things on the horizon for Project 1999, and we hope you'll all enjoy the server during the holidays and the year 2014!

You must be new.

Seltius
12-22-2013, 02:20 AM
Thank you, Derubael for your post since I met you in game when you became a GM you have been someone I respected. I didn't always agree with you and I was vocal once or twice but always tried to show you the respect not only that you deserved but that you earned as you became a presence on the server.

I was one of the lucky ones in that a lot of people didn't know me so I wasn't subjected to the hate that others were but it was really upsetting to them and to hear from them what they were dealing with. So I appreciate you defending them or at least letting people know it isn't acceptable to treat people that way.

Also thank you for clarifying the raid situation as far as myself and my guild mates/friends(I don't care if the tag is missing atm they are and will remain TMO) stand. This way at least we know what may/can/will occur if we raid during the next 2 weeks.

Sorry this is all new to me I was offline for a few days so missed everything.

I haven't and wont post much on the forums but I felt this was one of the few times I wanted to.

kbnexus
12-22-2013, 02:37 AM
WAS

Coming soon to a P99 near you TMOTWO

Tann
12-22-2013, 02:38 AM
I'm pretty sure the guides didn't want this thread turned into one of the RnF threads.

Derubael
12-22-2013, 02:38 AM
Take your trolls to Rants and Flames. Or did you not read the post?

heazels
12-22-2013, 02:39 AM

Good idea, its been a while since i watched that and i bought the blue rays lster year

You must be new.

rofl

Derubael
12-22-2013, 02:44 AM
You must be new.

I believe that deep down, even you, hatelore, have a heart.

heazels
12-22-2013, 02:49 AM
Just FYI, while we did our officer meeting to change the raid scene, we all collectively decided to maximize trollage of TMO. It was a giant conspiracy of multiple parties to Troll TMO into the ground. We did not know it would result in the entire guild being disbanding in less than 48 hours. On behalf my co-conspirators, I apologize TMO. It was a massive anonymous style takedown strategy.

JerSar
12-22-2013, 02:51 AM
:)

Widan
12-22-2013, 02:51 AM
Have you even been reading the forums, because a ton of TMO members (ones not involved in the duping) have been massively shit posting and rules lawyering everywhere. This attitude is why they are getting hate tells, and this is why people are happy they disbanded, not because of the duping.

Alarti0001
12-22-2013, 02:53 AM
Have you even been reading the forums, because a ton of TMO members (ones not involved in the duping) have been massively shit posting and rules lawyering everywhere. This attitude is why they are getting hate tells, and this is why people are happy they disbanded, not because of the duping.

TMO has no right to defend itself from slander or libel? We all just humans brah.

heazels
12-22-2013, 02:53 AM
Just FYI, while we did our officer meeting to change the raid scene, we all collectively decided to maximize trollage of TMO. It was a giant conspiracy of multiple parties to Troll TMO into the ground. We did not know it would result in the entire guild being disbanding in less than 48 hours. On behalf my co-conspirators, I apologize TMO. It was a massive anonymous style takedown strategy.

Wait nm, I think I was trolling again...

Derubael
12-22-2013, 02:58 AM

A small handful of the guild posting on the forums does not give anyone the right to send their entire membership malicious tells in game. There are plenty of people who didn't even post on these forums who were receiving extremely caustic tells as well as messages in public channels in game.

If you think it's ok to grief people off this server like that, you have another thing coming. There's a big difference between talking shit with someone who's going back and forth with you, and being outright malicious and inflammatory with someone who's done nothing to deserve it. Keep it in Rants and Flames. Period.

heazels
12-22-2013, 03:00 AM
A small handful of the guild posting on the forums does not give anyone the right to send their entire membership malicious tells in game. There are plenty of people who didn't even post on these forums who were receiving extremely caustic tells as well as messages in public channels in game.

If you think it's ok to grief people off this server like that, you have another thing coming. There's a big difference between talking shit with someone who's going back and forth with you, and being outright malicious and inflammatory with someone who's done nothing to deserve it. Keep it in Rants and Flames. Period.

I definately agree though, not cool to send people tells in game about this...imo the boards are another story however...

talian21
12-22-2013, 03:06 AM
You must be new.

lol difficult not to chuckle at that one.

The Mystical Order
Anyone who feels that players who had a "The Mystical Order" tag deserve this sort of harassment after being betrayed by people they cared and trusted should be ashamed of themselves.

Perhaps there's a simple misunderstanding here; people don't feel the way that they feel because of the recent actions of 3 people; it is because of 2 years of abusive behavior at the hands of one guild. Just wanted to clarify that, Derubael.

Keep up the good work, and thanks.

-Silisk, ikky necro

Autotune
12-22-2013, 03:09 AM
lol difficult not to chuckle at that one.

Perhaps there's a simple misunderstanding here; people don't feel the way that they feel because of the recent actions of 3 people; it is because of 2 years of abusive behavior at the hands of one guild. Just wanted to clarify that, Derubael.

Keep up the good work, and thanks.

-Silisk, ikky necro

you must be new here.

Edit: and before you jump on the "omg troll" response. What I said is to illustrate that your history is flawed and short sighted. TMO carried the same Legacy of the top guild before them.

sulious
12-22-2013, 03:10 AM
The Mystical Order

Errmaagaahwd, Verious??

Nice post!

EVERYONE that plays on P99 has a big responsibility! We need to show everyone compassion and learn to forgive so everyone has a more enjoyable time. I don't want to see anyone leave the game(unless you're a cheater); just maybe play it a bit differently.

See you all in game!

Widan
12-22-2013, 03:12 AM
TMO carried the same Legacy of the top guild before them.

Once again not owning up to your behavior and blaming others.

Autotune
12-22-2013, 03:15 AM
Once again not owning up to your behavior and blaming others.

How do you even gather that from what I just posted? My only guess is you failed to fully comprehend what you read.

Sirken
12-22-2013, 04:07 AM

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z244/Truetin/agent_smith_poses04.jpg

Velious > All

JerSar
12-22-2013, 04:28 AM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z244/Truetin/agent_smith_poses04.jpg

Velious > All

It's VEERRROUS

heazels
12-22-2013, 04:32 AM
ban platinum and make everything No Drop... if you dont or wont get it urself, then to hell with you... laziness is coddled here, that could be stopped.

Everquest is the reason why everything in modern mmo's is bind on equip...

talian21
12-22-2013, 04:44 AM
you must be new here.

Edit: and before you jump on the "omg troll" response. What I said is to illustrate that your history is flawed and short sighted. TMO carried the same Legacy of the top guild before them.

This is like the 20th posting I"ve read today that basically says, "well, someone else was a total scumbag in the past, so that means it's ok for us too!"

haven't heard such weak excuses since I was in like kindergarten, and ppl would get caught snagging an extra cookie before naptime. Give it up lol...

and oh yea, "omg troll!"

chuckles

-Silisk ikky necro

webrunner5
12-22-2013, 05:08 AM
Good post Tass.

Autotune
12-22-2013, 05:18 AM
This is like the 20th posting I"ve read today that basically says, "well, someone else was a total scumbag in the past, so that means it's ok for us too!"

haven't heard such weak excuses since I was in like kindergarten, and ppl would get caught snagging an extra cookie before naptime. Give it up lol...

and oh yea, "omg troll!"

chuckles

-Silisk ikky necro

See, I was hoping for this. You all seem to forget that TMO regularly gave up raid targets for the betterment of the raid scene and every time it was met with an outcry of whiny brats who thought it wasn't good enough because the targets weren't of the highest value.

The ones you should be blaming for the "top raiding guilds" not being more friendly to you are yourselves. Nothing will ever be good enough for you guys because the majority of you aren't willing to earn it and you can't be sated.

However, keep talking yourselves up about how friendly you all are. It's like this when Rogean swings his ban hammer around, everyone stands in line like good little kids. However, after he's away and things calm down, those player made agreements that aren't upheld by server staff will really be tested. Especially with huge variance and several (read 10+) guilds will all want a piece of that small pie.

You guys like to talk about how civil you are, but every time someone tries to cater to what you want you shit all over them, guilds/players and staff.

Save your whiny victim cries for someone who hasn't been around since jan 2010.

heazels
12-22-2013, 05:21 AM
See, I was hoping for this. You all seem to forget that TMO regularly gave up raid targets for the betterment of the raid scene and every time it was met with an outcry of whiny brats who thought it wasn't good enough because the targets weren't of the highest value.

The ones you should be blaming for the "top raiding guilds" not being more friendly to you are yourselves. Nothing will ever be good enough for you guys because the majority of you aren't willing to earn it and you can't be sated.

However, keep talking yourselves up about how friendly you all are. It's like this when Rogean swings his ban hammer around, everyone stands in line like good little kids. However, after he's away and things calm down, those player made agreements that aren't upheld by server staff will really be tested. Especially with huge variance and several (read 10+) guilds will all want a piece of that small pie.

You guys like to talk about how civil you are, but every time someone tries to cater to what you want you shit all over them, guilds/players and staff.

reverse troll, ewww, ugly

heazels
12-22-2013, 05:22 AM

http://www.lolpix.com/_pics/Funny_Pictures_1550/Funny_Pictures_15509.jpg

Derubael
12-22-2013, 05:23 AM
This isn't a troll.

Keep your harassment out of the game, and keep your shit talking in Rants and Flames, or I'll start handing out bans. This applies to everyone in all guilds.

Locking thread.