PDA

View Full Version : What's next after FBSS?

Skittlez
12-21-2013, 09:11 PM
I finally got mine after farming misty thicket guards for days. Every slot is filled now gear wise, over half is starting raid gear I think. What would you guys reccommend getting next gear wise? I will post my gear when I get home tonight.

h0tr0d (shaere)
12-21-2013, 09:11 PM
What is your level, class/race?

Skittlez
12-21-2013, 09:42 PM
42nd level Paladin of the Dwarven region of Kaladim.

Yinikren
12-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Sell the FBSS for profit, grab a Thick Banded Belt for 4k, and go nuts knowing with the AC in your belt slot you'll live to tank another day.

Daldaen
12-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Sell the FBSS for profit, grab a Thick Banded Belt for 4k, and go nuts knowing with the AC in your belt slot you'll live to tank another day.

Thick Banded Belt is fail. Silvery Girdle is better and cheaper.

But to expand on what he means, knight DPS is terrible. Your role in group isn't to damage its to not die. Your aggro is 99% spell based (you should be able to tank and hold aggro without a weapon equipped). So while haste at the end game, comes on items that are solid tanking items (AC/HP/Resists), at lower-mid end your money should be spent on things other than haste.

Skittlez
12-21-2013, 09:48 PM
I want a SBS to replace my CGS but it's another good long grind of spears.

Messianic
12-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Skittlez, your avatar and sig cause me to say "wtf" to myself every time I see them.

h0tr0d (shaere)
12-21-2013, 09:51 PM
As a paladin you could always look at the mithril 2 hander as an option so you can use a TBB or silvery girdle. Other than that, perhaps a sky haste belt (which ys are no drop) that rot I'd imagine for every guild's sky raid. Just have to be 46 to get up there.

Otherwise, I'm thinking you have to shell out for Seb cloak, or Cof, RBB, RBG or cloak of piety.

Skittlez
12-21-2013, 09:55 PM
As a paladin you could always look at the mithril 2 hander as an option so you can use a TBB or silvery girdle. Other than that, perhaps a sky haste belt (which ys are no drop) that rot I'd imagine for every guild's sky raid. Just have to be 46 to get up there.

Otherwise, I'm thinking you have to shell out for Seb cloak, or Cof, RBB, RBG or cloak of piety.

I already use the Arbitor's Combine Greatsword.

Itap
12-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Skittlez, your avatar and sig cause me to say "wtf" to myself every time I see them.

Adventure Time!

Skittlez
12-21-2013, 09:58 PM

Good.

What about the Pegasus cloak or jboots? Should I go for either of them? I always have sow pots due to my shaman.

h0tr0d (shaere)
12-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Yes.

pharmakos
12-21-2013, 10:02 PM
get a good one-hander + shield for when you're grouping or when you're soloing against casters.

Sword of the Morning + Clay Guardian Shield is a solid sword+board combo, and would only cost you about 2k.

Skittlez
12-21-2013, 10:28 PM
get a good one-hander + shield for when you're grouping or when you're soloing against casters.

Sword of the Morning + Clay Guardian Shield is a solid sword+board combo, and would only cost you about 2k.

Running that right now Pharm :D

pharmakos
12-21-2013, 10:31 PM
hm, well get the rest of your gear listed on here :)

tbh i'd imagine you're almost to the point where most of your upgrades are either NO DROP armor from Plane of Fear, or has a super high price tag.

Skittlez
12-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Ah okay word, and I can start getting to no drop loot at 46, correct?

pharmakos
12-21-2013, 10:52 PM
indeed, 46 to get into Plane of Fear and get dat Valorium

Skittlez
12-22-2013, 02:51 AM
Ear: Diamondine Earring
Ear: Diamondine Earring
Neck: Sapphire Platinum Necklace
Face: Mask of Wurms
Head: Sarnak Headguard
Shoulders: Sebilite Scale Mantle
Chest: Dusty Breastplate
Waist: Flowing Black Silk Sash
Legs: Greaves of Ro
Feet: Dwarven Work Boots / Boots of Ro
Wrist: Runed Mithril Bracer
Wrist: Sebilite Scale Bracelet
Finger: Platinum Fire Wedding Ring
Finger: Platinum Fire Wedding Ring

Primary: Arbitor's Combine Greatsword / Sword of Morning
Secondary: Clay Guardian Shield
Ranged: Runed Oak Bow
Ammo: xxxx

sanforce
12-22-2013, 03:09 AM
Runebranded Girdle is what you want, in terms of a haste upgrade. ~60k

pharmakos
12-22-2013, 03:14 AM
yeah, you're doing pretty well for level 42.

get a better neck piece. :) 7STR 7INT and no AC... you could find something a lot better for a paladin.

maybe replace your Runed Mithril Bracer too

Byrjun
12-22-2013, 03:28 AM
If you're looking to buy something, maybe start saving up for Dwarven Plate armor; I'm pretty sure some/most of that stuff is better than Valorium anyways.

As far as haste goes, I'd join a guild and try to get the Sky belt. Girdle of Faith is decent (41% haste, but stats are slightly lackluster compared to an RBG) and honestly not that difficult.

pharmakos
12-22-2013, 03:31 AM
If you're looking to buy something, maybe start saving up for Dwarven Plate armor; I'm pretty sure some/most of that stuff is better than Valorium anyways.

i haven't been paying attention -- how expensive did it get after the nerf to Enchant Brellium? each piece of Dwarven Plate requires a few Jacinths now, as of a patch or two ago.

Skittlez
12-22-2013, 04:28 AM
i haven't been paying attention -- how expensive did it get after the nerf to Enchant Brellium? each piece of Dwarven Plate requires a few Jacinths now, as of a patch or two ago.

I had a Dwarven Plate Breastplate earlier today but sold it to a guy that sounded desperate. I sold it for 3.3k and got the dusty for 450. Now I have enough plat accumulated to buy Jboots.

Clark
12-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Adventure Time!

AexDestroy
12-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Here's your next set of upgrades.
Planar will only replace your Weapon, breastplate, arms, bracers, gloves (situational).

Ear: Golden Black Diamond Earring
Ear: Earring of Essence
Neck: Platinum Black Sapphire Necklace / Dwarven Plate Collar
Face: Mask of Wurms or Dwarven Plate Mask
Head: Dwarven Plate Helm
Shoulders: Dwarven Plate Pauldron
Chest: Dwarven Plate Breastplate or Deepwater BP or Fungi Tunic
Waist: Runebranded Girdle
Legs: Dwarven Plate Greaves
Feet: Dwarven Plate Boots
Wrist: Granite / Dwarven Plate Bracer / Bracer of Scavenging
Wrist: Granite / Dwarven Plate Bracer / Bracer of Scavenging
Finger: Djarns Ring
Finger: Gem Encrusted / Plat Fire Wedding /
Back: Hooded Black Cloak

Primary: Arbitors/AxeLostSouls/BatonFaith /// Rod of Faith
Secondary: Sarnak Battle Shield
Ranged: Runed Oak Bow / Idol of the Thorned
Ammo: xxxx

pharmakos
12-22-2013, 12:00 PM
I had a Dwarven Plate Breastplate earlier today but sold it to a guy that sounded desperate. I sold it for 3.3k and got the dusty for 450. Now I have enough plat accumulated to buy Jboots.

wat

you should have kept that Enchanted Dwarven Plate BP. having an awesome breastplate is like the number 1 thing a tank should strive for.

radditsu
12-22-2013, 12:04 PM
wat

you should have kept that Enchanted Dwarven Plate BP. having an awesome breastplate is like the number 1 thing a tank should strive for.

Not very earl of lemongrab of him.

Gaffin 3.0
12-22-2013, 12:29 PM
just keep the fbss right now, anyone who says replace it with a non haste item is a idiot, your next haste upgrade is going to probably be ethier RBG or sky no drop belt, the sky belt is same haste as fbss but with stats but you will be able to sell the fbss for plat while replacing a haste slot with no drop.

RBG is at a insane rate of plat ~60k or so for someone at 42 i dont expect anyone to make near that so.

radditsu
12-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Unless soloing paladin dont need no haste.

Zeonick
12-22-2013, 03:18 PM
just keep the fbss right now, anyone who says replace it with a non haste item is a idiot, your next haste upgrade is going to probably be ethier RBG or sky no drop belt, the sky belt is same haste as fbss but with stats but you will be able to sell the fbss for plat while replacing a haste slot with no drop.

RBG is at a insane rate of plat ~60k or so for someone at 42 i dont expect anyone to make near that so.

Trolololol

Byrjun
12-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Unless soloing paladin dont need no haste.

So I keep seeing stuff like this, but I think it's very wrong.

I don't have a Paladin, but I do have a level 42 SK alt. My dps is quite comparable to "real" dps classes (using Ebon Mace). If a monk is untwinked and using something like a Wu's Quivering Staff, I can come close to the DPS if not surpass it. It's a lot harder to parse but I'm pretty sure I do better DPS than a Wizard, which often fills dps slots.

So, even if it's not your "job" to do dps, no group is ever going to want less dps. And the faster that mobs die, the less hits they are able to get on you, so I'd even say it's a tank's job to maximize DPS.

I use an FBSS and there's no other non-haste belt in the game I'd switch it out for. You guys also forget that RBG has some pretty great stats along with the haste. It's the next thing I'd buy if I could justify the price for my alt.

Gaffin 3.0
12-22-2013, 08:46 PM
excuse tanrin he's a newb to eq, haste benefits any melee, i would never get rid of my haste for non haste in no circumstances