PDA

View Full Version : Roleplay

abbadox
07-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Does anyone roleplay their characters on here? Perhaps write stories and events and things about their characters? I'd be interested in seeking out a Roleplay group if there is one.

fuji
07-29-2010, 12:04 AM
What have you abbadox? For you and your kin must be in the highest regard for a proper display in these forums.

nagarpoe
07-29-2010, 12:17 PM
was thinking about this too. i don't want to roleplay extensively but would like to make a background story to my character and i know, my bf has a ton of stuff he's thinking up right now for his story.

But noone that we've met in game have roleplayed so far and i pretty much feel foolish to roleplay by ourselves, lol

Humwawa
07-29-2010, 01:28 PM
I used to roleplay a *lot* on Live...

..until I joined a raiding guild and they made fun of me until I stopped.

I'm a Closet RP'er, even still.

ukaking
07-29-2010, 02:06 PM
I go in and out of RP depending on the group Im in. When speaking in /say I tend to RP more than when in /group.
Some things I still hold on to from Live...
As a warrior, I do not bow to anyone, just salute.
I always leave a party by saying, "it was an honor to fight alongside you all"
etc, etc

Dantes
07-29-2010, 02:18 PM
I don't see many folks roleplaying. There's a couple of Ogres who baby talk, that's about it.

tinidas
07-29-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm about like ukaking, tailor it to the environment/folks around. have a lil bit of backstory that I share as warranted and more I'll make up as I go :)

mixxit
07-29-2010, 03:19 PM
We should cater for all types of player :-) Perhaps if there was an official roleplaying guild it would help people find them easier

Maybe also get a sub forum?

Toony
07-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Good Morrow!

Tork
07-29-2010, 03:41 PM
A wood elf howls.

Ingrum
07-29-2010, 04:19 PM
I wanna cast Magic Missle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdXG2gV01k

Coalrymer
07-29-2010, 04:37 PM
A character I've seen running around named Carri Concealedweapons, Roleplays.... I think... Either that or she just likes the digital pecks of my characters man boobs.

abbadox
08-02-2010, 05:04 AM
I used to roleplay in EQ on the Morell-Thule server with my rogue Threefingers, and in SWG on the Ahazi/Starsider servers since 2003. Since I came to P99 I noticed there was a lot of potential for roleplay here. In SWG I created a small group of roleplayers who soon decided to expand into something much larger.

It wasn't long before word got out about our roleplay group, and how skilled we were at it. And soon our small group was just shy of 276 members. Each with their own story, their own hosted events towards character progression and plots. And each one contributed daily to the roleplay scene.

We became as a family, and another guild that had roleplay content on the server. There was also interaction among the other roleplay guilds such as battles and captures and things.

Is there enough players on P99 that are interested in posting character roleplay stories and things in a Roleplay Thread?

RKromwell
08-02-2010, 05:13 AM
I tried to RP in EQ, I held out for about three months. It is just far to easy to slip out of character in this game.

I do enjoy reading the stories of other players though.

ukaking
08-02-2010, 08:01 AM
My wife and I have yet to join a guild, if there was a RP one created in the right context and not sounding somewhat overly nerdy or trying to sound too smart in the title and the members were there to have fun and enjoy the adventure, then I think we would be in!
Make it happen!!

Morlaeth
08-02-2010, 08:10 AM
I RP'd a ton on Brell with my ranger. I like to still. I used to write stories and read peoples' (Dantes, who posted earlier in this thread, had great stories).

A sub-forum would be awesome!!

Itchybottom
08-02-2010, 08:16 AM
I half-roleplay my dwarven rogue. I just can't help it, being a rogue turns my thoughts to pure evil, and being a dwarf that can freaking flip... Makes me feel superior. Maybe it's the ninja suit.

Ihealyou
08-02-2010, 10:37 AM
I roleplay someone playing eq in 1999.

zahlia
08-03-2010, 04:48 PM
I dun roleplay! I really am world's happiest 6 year old bouncin' 'roun' onna perpetual sugar high!

Oh no wait. That is incorrect. :(

HippoNipple
08-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I wanna cast Magic Missle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdXG2gV01k

If anyone passed up this video I encourage you to watch it, I laughed pretty hard when I watched it.

stormlord
08-04-2010, 12:56 AM
When paladins act valiant to save a life or there's a dwarf in the group or ogres act retarded or erudites behave in a superior manner or something of that ilk I usually can't help myself. Role-playing is easy when you're not the only one doing it. And it helps when ogres look dumb or dwarves look funny. I'm prejudiced towards them.

Oh, halflings that only care about themselves also cause me to /autoroleplay.

Did I miss any? (probably)

I think how the race looks has a lot to do with it. A lot of humor in the old models.

The newer models tried too much to look like heroes/villains, IMHO.

But I always make every issue about the models. Even global warming can be blamed on the luclin models.

purist
08-04-2010, 01:42 AM
These are the type of people that RP in EQ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

Nightblade
08-04-2010, 03:47 AM
I used to roleplay quite a bit, though like many, people don't seem to have a place for it when they game any longer. It's all about the grind, the loot, min-maxing to the extreme.

Hell, I used to keep a crapload of my old armour around for my toons that looked absolutely badass visually, but sucked otherwise, simply because of the fact that it fit the character.

If I had the rhyme or reason to do so, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

ukaking
08-04-2010, 08:07 AM
These are the type of people that RP in EQ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

I think we all know that RPrs come from all walks of life. Fact is, some people RP to get away from the stress of RL. Some RPrs are in high pressure jobs are maybe want to get away from the life they have at home for a bit.
Honestly, the powergamers who have the be #1 and have to stand above the rest are the ones with the inferiroty complex IRL and have to get themselves a rep as "the man" in a game for the lack of being "the man" in the real world.