PDA

View Full Version : Recent Events

Pages : [1] 2

Rogean
12-19-2013, 08:32 PM
I have a few different things I wanted to announce today.

Recent Exploit
Recently we discovered an exploit that, if abused, could generate platinum. We restarted the servers the other day to patch it, and begun investigations into abusers. We found 3 people that have been abusing it for quite a while.

Exploiting a bug such as this is one of the worst forms of cheating, far worse than the use of third party programs. It has the potential of affecting the entire server in a negative way, and furthermore it breaks the trust and friendships you may have with other players as they now too are affected by your actions. The punishments for this are severe. All associated accounts, meaning any account this person logged into, will be receiving a form of disciplinary action regardless of owner.

There were only a handful of accounts that were used to perform the exploit, however, the exploiters have logged into 106 different accounts in total. Of these accounts, 86 of them are guilded in The Mystical Order. While most of these accounts are owned by other players who may have had no knowledge of the actions of the people they were sharing their accounts with, the account owners take that risk when they share their information.

We had a CSR Staff meeting last night to decide how to proceed, and we agreed on the following.

All accounts are initially receiving bans. Accounts that are owned by the persons actually performing the exploit will not be unbanned, neither will accounts that generally have no owner (Shared banks, porters, trackers, etc).

Accounts owned by others that were logged into by the exploiters a small number of times will be reviewed on a case by case basis, and could be reduced to a 2 to 4 week suspension. Only accounts logged into a small number of times will be given this reduction.

We also discussed any actions to take against the guild as a whole, taking into consideration other recent events such as another guild member recently banned for heavy RMT inolvement, and an officer recently suspended for ninja looting.

It is based on that information that we are raid suspending the guild for 2 weeks. We brought up the possibility of completely disbanding The Mystical Order. Personally, I find it hard to believe that TMO leadership was not aware or suspicious of this happening, however we are only able to take action on the information we have.

Real Money Trading
I briefly mentioned some recent RMT bans, and I wanted to elaborate on that. We have done multiple waves of bans in recent weeks for RMT activity.

Contrary to popular belief, we take RMT seriously. We have a vast arsenal of utilities at our disposal to identify and track suspected activity. Once a particular player has been identified, it is very easy for us to match all associated accounts, and flag all possible transactions. More staff members have been given access and trained on these utilities.

It is not always immediate, but our logs exist forever, and you will be found. There are no way to hide the trades and it is just a matter of time.

DO NOT Buy OR Sell platinum, items, or characters for money. It is not worth it to lose your characters over.

Raid Scene
It continues to be an aggravating realization among CSR staff that 10% of the server population causes 90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are also all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content.

I was thinking to myself the other day and I came to ask myself.. Are we providing this server to give people the arena to compete to such bitter extremes that it has resorted to taking every absolute measure to be victorious, or are we here to provide a classic Everquest experience for everyone to enjoy?

A lot of you make fun of it in your own terms, but it really does come down to fighting over very old content.

Either way, we're tired of the constant bickering, the training, the ninja looting, and all the other bullshit that's going on. So here's what we're going to do.

Starting today and then evaluated when Velious is released the CSR staff will be keeping track of how the raid guilds are treating eachother. If we do not see a significant improvement in the behavior of the raiding guilds and how they treat eachother, Velious will be released without raid content. To be clear, we want an enjoyable raid scene for everyone, not just one or two guilds. This means working together to figure out a compromise when racing for mobs, and working with smaller guilds to let them have a chance at mobs you don't absolutely need for gearing main characters.

Don't think that this means you can continue shitting on each other and just not petition, the staff will still be watching.

Velious
Speaking of velious, I know you guys have been asking for an update. I plan to make a more accurate announcement at some point but Velious development is proceeding well and we may be opening Beta within a few months. Stay tuned.

Teams99
Unfortunately due to the efforts to bring Velious development to a close, we have decided to postpone the Teams PvP Server. Alecta (He's having hardware issues right now but will be back soon) and other staff members will continue to work with the PvP community on figuring out the best ruleset and implementing the mechanics for the new server.

A_Moderator01
12-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Velious will be released without raid content.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/44025336.jpg

scooter
12-19-2013, 08:42 PM
ITS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE

Pullyn
12-19-2013, 08:42 PM
PRAS!

contemptor
12-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Thank you for the hard work and investigation Rogean and team. It's disappointing to know of this low class behavior.

Any chance you will be posting character names like the macroquest ban wave?

letsallkillandy
http://i.imgur.com/O6aPuCI.gif

Schortt
Thanks for the update. Nice to know that the rules are still the rules.

EDIT: Very much looking forward to what happens with raiding.

khanable
12-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Wow.

radditsu
12-19-2013, 08:49 PM
I know I make alot of jokes in Rnf. But this is amazing and I am glad you love this server as much as your players. Cheers to you Roegster!

Yinikren
12-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Thank you, Rogean, and all the other developers, on the work you do for this server.

I 100% agree with everything you have posted, raiding included. There has been a top guild for too long and more people want to enjoy the raid scene.

Vaildez
12-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Wow...This makes me want to come back and play again.

Fazlazen
12-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Well now I gotta change the info on about 100 of my accounts!

Byrjun
12-19-2013, 08:55 PM
I love every word in this update. Except that I do know someone that will probably be receiving a 2-4 week suspension who had no idea of this exploit.

Platinum dupes are beyond scummy; if you feel the need to cheat go play Contra with the Konami code so you don't affect thousands of others. What makes this worse is that it was orchestrated by the guild that monopolizes all of the content already. Selling shitty 4 year old raid loot for 300k+ isn't enough I guess.

It seems like you think it is some sort of threatened punishment to the hardcore raiders of the server, to convince them to be nicer between now and Velious. But what happens if they don't play nice? Then the casual players have the raidscene shitshow brought to every single other aspect of the game, since the raiders don't have any raid content to keep them busy.

Yeah, I agree. I think a better solution is 1 month Velious raid suspension for each infraction. FE trains TMO during trak? Give FE a 1 month timeout when Velious lands.

radditsu
It seems like you think it is some sort of threatened punishment to the hardcore raiders of the server, to convince them to be nicer between now and Velious. But what happens if they don't play nice? Then the casual players have the raidscene shitshow brought to every single other aspect of the game, since the raiders don't have any raid content to keep them busy.

I assume this would be dealt with harshly. At least initially.

Sadre Spinegnawer
68 accounts from one guild would have meant that guild gets perma-banned, and offending accounts frozen and wiped.

This server needs an Omar Little. He would like be a Dwarven Paladin, I am guessing

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldt3aqvnsl1qzvftzo1_500.jpg

YendorLootmonkey
12-19-2013, 08:58 PM
I have a tremendous boner right now.

justin2090
12-19-2013, 09:00 PM
this ... is ... epic ...

86 with TMO. Holy shit! Number 1 guild on the server turns out to be nothing more than cheaters and exploiters. This is great that Rogean found out and brought the hammer. I wonder how much platinum it was?

arsenalpow
12-19-2013, 09:02 PM
PRAS!

Tasslehofp99
12-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Thank the heavens, great day for project1999 server.

I don't blame you at all for considering releasing velious without raid content, the raid scene on this server has been despicable for years now.

Swish
12-19-2013, 09:06 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/4e2487cc3dd17f549276a1b1ecd6a9ae/tumblr_mjrc3b9n3u1s569j7o1_500.gif

+9000 Rogean, support this fully... what a bombshell!

h0tr0d (shaere)
12-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Timing...is everything.

Splorf22
12-19-2013, 09:11 PM
I was thinking to myself the other day and I came to ask myself.. Are we providing this server to give people the arena to compete to such bitter extremes that it has resorted to taking every absolute measure to be victorious, or are we here to provide a classic Everquest experience for everyone to enjoy?

Yes! Very glad to read this. The 'Lord of the Flies' type endgame that we have on this server has been a source of constant frustration to me ever since my short sojourn in Vesica Dei. I don't even think you can put all of the blame on TMO: pretty much everyone on the server plays hardball at various times - just watch a few Ragefire kills. If you don't, you get left behind.

So while I fully support your efforts to change the culture of the server, I think you will get far more mileage out of changes to address the huge overcrowding at the high end than telling people to play nice. Velious will not be enough, because a whole gagglefuck of people will return. Some combination of the following would be fantastic:

Simultaneous Repops, spreading players out during boss mob fights
Tokens, allowing people to 'just enjoy classic Everquest'
Ban trains in VP
Reduce repop times on certain mobs (for example, all of hate/fear/sky repopping every 6 hours instead of 8/12/etc would be great)
Encourage people to delete alt accounts of their own volition, by giving deleters guises or illusion stuff or whatever

Barkingturtle
12-19-2013, 09:12 PM
I really appreciate the staff's efforts and sentiment, but I think TMO needs to be disbanded and the individual characters all banned. Otherwise they will just PL their banned comrades back up in a matter of days. I think the 90% of the server that is not them will not miss them at all.

indiscriminate_hater
12-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Starting today and then evaluated when Velious is released the CSR staff will be keeping track of how the raid guilds are treating eachother. If we do not see a significant improvement in the behavior of the raiding guilds and how they treat eachother, Velious will be released without raid content. To be clear, we want an enjoyable raid scene for everyone, not just one or two guilds. This means working together to figure out a compromise when racing for mobs, and working with smaller guilds to let them have a chance at mobs you don't absolutely need for gearing main characters.

this could be the end of RnF as we know it

Itap
12-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Wow this is just unreal, i just told my wife to stfu because i was reading OP

Kasyra
12-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Cant say im surprised. I was on Fenin back in the day when the big guild was Seekers of Norrath. There were nothing BUT cheats and plat dupers in this guild. Well, ok, a few actual nice players but too rare. After Fenin split and Druzzil Ro was born, most of SoN left for fresh hunting grounds. TMO came up and became dominant guild on Fenin absorbing the few Seekers that remained. Guess some things never change.

MaximiusM
12-19-2013, 09:16 PM

Winning.

Fuddwin
12-19-2013, 09:17 PM
POOR POOR TMO (Variety)

JickFromTholuxe
12-19-2013, 09:18 PM

You have become better at Marriage! (4)

dax
12-19-2013, 09:18 PM
that was a big ass ban hammer

Autotune
12-19-2013, 09:19 PM
If the raid scene is now under "get better or lose it all" would you guys be more inclined to remove variance and do patch day respawns?

Seeing how velious is on the horizon and you want more guilds able to raid and enjoy velious, why not remove the enormous time sink and make the server more classic at the same time on your end.

Then just raid suspend guilds for month/s for being repeat offending d-bags.

Tecmos Deception

I think I yelled at my son when he was trying to get my attention :(

Purdee
So much win in this post.

heazels
ez solution - shorten all named spawn times by 1/2. No way any one guild can track mobs with double spawn speed

Ponden
12-19-2013, 09:20 PM
I could see me and a few friends actually coming back to the server now.

Ravager
this could be the end of RnF as we know it

Honestly, getting rid of RnF entirely would go a long way to improve the culture here.

Elamder
Don't unban ANY account that was used regardless of the owner, too damn bad you shouldn't have give out your info.

khanable
12-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Don't unban ANY account that was used regardless of the owner, too damn bad you shouldn't have give out your info.

justin2090
12-19-2013, 09:22 PM
We all love to see cheaters punished. But you weren't really reading for comprehension, were you?

This isn't RnF so I'm not gonna post what I want to post. That being said.

Still tho that's 86 accounts that helped raid dragons. Those 86 accounts undoubtedly helped them dominate the raid scene. I bet most of the characters were camped at certain bosses fully buffed. And I bet more than 3 people used them to raid.

They shouldn't have that raid loot either. What happens if a college team pays a single football player? Death penalty that's what. And they take the championship away because they cheated. The innocent players still get punished too because it's team game.

TMO wouldn't have dominated the raid scene without those accounts.

ripwind
12-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Honestly, getting rid of RnF entirely would go a long way to improve the culture here.

Agreed. Force people to act like civilized human beings.

dax
So no one from tmo wants to protest this,and say they was in the right ? Waiting !

DirtySloot
I'd like to think that I helped this happen considering I returned 2 days ago after taking a 20+ month break. And on the 3rd day, I BRING YOU BAN HAMMER. Well, happy playing. Exe is back for a bit!

ripwind
12-19-2013, 09:24 PM
By the way, where is Systolic? :p

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Wow wtf

kylok
12-19-2013, 09:25 PM

Enygma
12-19-2013, 09:27 PM

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-19-2013, 09:29 PM
Thank the heavens, great day for project1999 server.

I don't blame you at all for considering releasing velious without raid content, the raid scene on this server has been despicable for years now.

Not a single player has told me to look forward to raiding on p99

Verenity
12-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Thank you for everything you do, Rogean. You put up with a lot of shit to give us this playground.

heazels
12-19-2013, 09:30 PM

he said 3 bro, Read Fail

Swish
12-19-2013, 09:31 PM
There were only a handful of accounts that were used to perform the exploit, however, the exploiters have logged into 106 different accounts in total. Of these accounts, 86 of them are guilded in The Mystical Order. While most of these accounts are owned by other players who may have had no knowledge of the actions of the people they were sharing their accounts with, the account owners take that risk when they share their information.

We had a CSR Staff meeting last night to decide how to proceed, and we agreed on the following.

All accounts are initially receiving bans. Accounts that are owned by the persons actually performing the exploit will not be unbanned, neither will accounts that generally have no owner (Shared banks, porters, trackers, etc).

A snack assortment of gifs, to mark the occasion...

http://preapism.com/wp-content/uploads/banned-button.gif

http://images.wikia.com/smuff/images/2/2a/Banned.gif

http://i.imgur.com/wYffLQM.gif

letsallkillandy
12-19-2013, 09:31 PM
:cool:Don't unban ANY account that was used regardless of the owner, too damn bad you shouldn't have give out your info.

Reguiy
12-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Popcorn.gif
Explosion/bombshell.gif

heazels
12-19-2013, 09:37 PM
While it was only 3 people that did the exploit, but were able to buy 86 accounts with the exploit for TMO to park at raid targets.

indiscriminate_hater
12-19-2013, 09:37 PM
hurr derrrr a couple people in guild with access to a large number accounts means everyone is hacking and duping omzorz they stolz my megahurtz too

fucking retards.

most of us are pissed that we had members doing this shit, and we'd like to move on past the bullshit and keep on trucking as a guild. We are an easy target to get mad at, and sadly we had some people who were complete idiots who now drag our name deeper into the mud. Whatever, we will brush our shoulders off and come back in 2 weeks to continue to steal all your loot for 4th alts.

bitches

high hopes for the future :/

Gaffin 3.0
12-19-2013, 09:38 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/xf3iw2.jpg

scapegoats ? lol ban this whole guild, disgusting

Bossman
12-19-2013, 09:41 PM

What insolent pricks. Do not lift ban from ANY of the 86 accounts, please!

heazels
12-19-2013, 09:42 PM

he meant 86 accounts purchased by them

Friday
Ban them all.

Remove all their plat.

De-levelled to 30.

Perma-banned.

heazels
They need to change everyone of the accounts passwords and make them do eqemulator.com password resets and find out if the accounts were bought with RMT or not.

Fazlazen
12-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Not trying to bring any rants to your awesome thread Lord Rogean but this is the reason we need you to step up and answer our prayers and delete this guild.

These people are toxic and holding our server back from TRUE greatness

Coming from you...

Triangle
12-19-2013, 09:46 PM
As much of a TMO hater as I am, I am seriously surprised they would stoop so low as to duplicate platinum.... In doing so they really put this server, the place they spend their entire lives, at serious risk.

So much props to Rogaen, who's commitment to this server has been called into question often. I cannot say enough how grateful I am to you and the rest of the gms for your actions.

Emile
12-19-2013, 09:47 PM
So is this the source of the large amount of Manastones that seem to have been on the market recently?

Itap
12-19-2013, 09:48 PM
holocaust 2.0

Lostprophets
12-19-2013, 09:48 PM
http://www.jeffco.ca/chrspecials/wp-content/gallery/beavis-and-butt-head-do-christmas-huh-huh-humbug/beavis-and-butt-head-do-christmas-huh-huh-humbug-17_0.jpg

MaximiusM
12-19-2013, 09:49 PM
So is this the source of the large amount of Manastones that seem to have been on the market recently?

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/12/129304/1968659-raging_clue.jpg

dax
12-19-2013, 09:49 PM
even if u made tmo break up,what good would it do? All they would have to do is reform under a new name with new guild leader problem solved

knix
12-19-2013, 09:50 PM
NAME THE NON TMO Name the other people, or what guild they were in.

heazels
12-19-2013, 09:51 PM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/12/129304/1968659-raging_clue.jpg

ROFL perfect pic

indiscriminate_hater
12-19-2013, 09:52 PM

nice try sonaa ;)

khanable
12-19-2013, 09:53 PM

Likely unguilded accounts.

This was a TMO operation, clearly

Splorf22
12-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Whatever, we will brush our shoulders off and come back in 2 weeks to continue to steal all your loot for 4th alts.

bitches

This is ridiculous though.

Xadion
12-19-2013, 09:56 PM
All I heard was VELIOUS

heazels
12-19-2013, 09:56 PM
They need to change everyone of the accounts passwords and make them do eqemulator.com password resets and find out if the accounts were bought with RMT or not.

^^^ Do It

heazels
12-19-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm gonna bet when the petitions come flying in all of the accounts will be brand new accounts on the message board because they were all bought accounts

Blink
12-19-2013, 10:02 PM
WOW!

Rogean, what took you so long? This shit was the reason countless people including myself quit.

BRAVO!

I hope the server doubles its population now.

Swish
12-19-2013, 10:04 PM
My immersion levels are rising already.

thugcruncher
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tumblr_mfj1tcUs3O1rjznsxo1_500.gif.pagespeed.ce.F4 mdfO4K9B.gif

Frieza_Prexus
Whatever, we will brush our shoulders off and come back in 2 weeks to continue to steal all your loot for 4th alts.

bitches

This is precisely the attitude that help put us in this position.

kylok
12-19-2013, 10:05 PM

106 accounts logged into, 86 TMO... 81% were TMO that "knowingly" or not did indeed voluntarily participate by providing access to their accounts. If you loan a car to a friend and they rob a bank with it.. you're not getting the car back.

Vaildez
12-19-2013, 10:05 PM

Great well that at least a start... Others in the guild seeing this type of attitude as a problem.

Bazia
12-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Why would you unban any of the accounts

Make an example for once and for all

YendorLootmonkey
12-19-2013, 10:12 PM

+1 Xasten.... +1.

dax
ah shit can u unban the tmo bank or the toon that has my epic part,i was close to having the 6000000000 plat to buy it

Blink

bitches

Wow...

Splorf22
12-19-2013, 10:14 PM
106 accounts logged into, 86 TMO... 81% were TMO that "knowingly" or not did indeed voluntarily participate by providing access to their accounts. If you loan a car to a friend and they rob a bank with it.. you're not getting the car back.

This is not a good analogy though. It's more like you didn't realize your friend was a bank robber and had him over for dinner once and the authorities decided to torch your house.

dax
12-19-2013, 10:16 PM
This is not a good analogy though. It's more like you didn't realize your friend was a bank robber and had him over for dinner once and the authorities decided to torch your house.

Never trust a fucking soul including your relatives, especially them bible thumping fruit cakes

Amratoth
12-19-2013, 10:17 PM

More like you gave him the keys to your house, which then gets sealed off because your friend used it for his illegal activities.

Itap
12-19-2013, 10:17 PM

I don't think yours is quite right either, Loraen

Detoxx
12-19-2013, 10:18 PM
I just want to say I this is very unfair Rogean. You want to raid suspend us, fine. You want to ban the people that were cheating? Great, I'm all for it. But what you have done here is made people like me and several others appear to be cheaters. I am not, I never have been, and never will. Making a blanket statement like that is very unfair, and I am very disappointed in the way this was handled.

I've spent countless hours here raiding, farming, and making friends. And now I, and several others, are lumped into a cheating category I deserve no part of. I thank you for what you do here, but this should be reviewed and dealt with properly. This ban now and ask questions later mentality is unjust at best.

Also, regarding changing the raiding scene here. I agree. It clearly isn't the best method, but guess what...that's the way classic EQ was. We all preach we want classic, but it seems to me that people only want classic for what they see fit. It's like people saying "Gay people shouldn't get married because it says in the bible only Man and Woman should marry", but in the very same breath, they go to work on Sundays. Its contradicting. Classic was mobs spawning 3/7 days a week +/- 6 hours at MOST. Having 4 day windows for Innorruuk is absolutely absurd in every facet of the manner, and creates a raid scene where almost nobody who has a real life has time to participate in. Tmo gets the blame for this, but it is out of our control, and if my server history is correct, it wasn't TMO who started sitting at Naggy 24 hours early trying to enforce the first raid in force rule.

Troll away fellas, but I am deeply saddened by this unjust action against 84 accounts that are perfectly innocent. Looks like I'll be on another server for 2 weeks.

Sincerely,
Detoxx

Vaildez
12-19-2013, 10:21 PM
I just want to say I this is very unfair Rogean. You want to raid suspend us, fine. You want to ban the people that were cheating? Great, I'm all for it. But what you have done here is made people like me and several others appear to be cheaters. I am not, I never have been, and never will. Making a blanket statement like that is very unfair, and I am very disappointed in the way this was handled.

I've spent countless hours here raiding, farming, and making friends. And now I, and several others, are lumped into a cheating category I deserve no part of. I thank you for what you do here, but this should be reviewed and dealt with properly. This ban now and ask questions later mentality is unjust at best.

Also, regarding changing the raiding scene here. I agree. It clearly isn't the best method, but guess what...that's the way classic EQ was. We all preach we want classic, but it seems to me that people only want classic for what they see fit. It's like people saying "Gay people shouldn't get married because it says in the bible only Man and Woman should marry", but in the very same breath, they go to work on Sundays. Its contradicting. Classic was mobs spawning 3/7 days a week +/- 6 hours at MOST. Having 4 day windows for Innorruuk is absolutely absurd in every facet of the manner, and creates a raid scene where almost nobody who has a real life has time to participate in. Tmo gets the blame for this, but it is out of out control, and if my server history is correct, it wasn't TMO who started sitting at Naggy 24 hours early trying to enforce the first raid in force rule.

Troll away fellas, but I am deeply saddened by this unjust action against 84 accounts that are perfectly innocent. Looks like I'll be on another server for 2 weeks.

Sincerely,
Detoxx

Awww poor TMO... Always the victims... 90% of the server is definitely wrong.

Blink

Also, regarding changing the raiding scene here. I agree. It clearly isn't the best method, but guess what...that's the way classic EQ was. We all preach we want classic, but it seems to me that people only want classic for what they see fit. It's like people saying "Gay people shouldn't get married because it says in the bible only Man and Woman should marry", but in the very same breath, they go to work on Sundays. Its contradicting. Classic was mobs spawning 3/7 days a week +/- 6 hours at MOST. Having 4 day windows for Innorruuk is absolutely absurd in every facet of the manner, and creates a raid scene where almost nobody who has a real life has time to participate in. Tmo gets the blame for this, but it is out of out control, and if my server history is correct, it wasn't TMO who started sitting at Naggy 24 hours early trying to enforce the first raid in force rule.

Sincerely,
Detoxx

bitches

YendorLootmonkey
I am deeply saddened by this unjust action against 84 accounts that are perfectly innocent.

So far as you are led to believe -- or would like the rest of the server to believe. Again, in the infamous words of Alarti...

Prove it.

Itap
12-19-2013, 10:22 PM

Sincerely,
Detoxx

Blanket? 86 fucking people were banned for cheating, not 3. It's far from a blanket statement.

And you want to talk about unfair? Monopolizing content for 2+ years is unfair

Sirken
12-19-2013, 10:25 PM

Also, regarding changing the raiding scene here. I agree. It clearly isn't the best method, but guess what...that's the way classic EQ was. We all preach we want classic, but it seems to me that people only want classic for what they see fit. It's like people saying "Gay people shouldn't get married because it says in the bible only Man and Woman should marry", but in the very same breath, they go to work on Sundays. Its contradicting. Classic was mobs spawning 3/7 days a week +/- 6 hours at MOST. Having 4 day windows for Innorruuk is absolutely absurd in every facet of the manner, and creates a raid scene where almost nobody who has a real life has time to participate in. Tmo gets the blame for this, but it is out of our control, and if my server history is correct, it wasn't TMO who started sitting at Naggy 24 hours early trying to enforce the first raid in force rule.

Sincerely,
Detoxx

with all due respect, we banned accounts, not people. if your account was banned it was because dirty cheaters were on your account, and you are responsible for who you let on your account. petition forum, and be grateful that they arent all perma banned.

Detoxx
12-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Should not have given out your account info. End.of.story. He (they) are being lenient with a 2-4 week ban. Your account was not hacked, you deserve no mercy.

I am not banned, although you're post here further proves my point that i'm trying to make.

Blanket? 86 fucking people were banned for cheating, not 3. It's far from a blanket statement.

And you want to talk about unfair? Monopolizing content for 2+ years is unfair

You are clearly uninformed. It was 2 people that had access to to nearly everyone's account that got banned, as was stated in OP that only the accounts owned by these 2 people will remain permanently banned, others are just suspended.

Vaildez
12-19-2013, 10:26 PM
with all due respect, we banned accounts, not people. if your account was banned it was because dirty cheaters were on your account, and you are responsible for who you let on your account. petition forum, and be grateful that they arent all perma banned.

Blink
12-19-2013, 10:28 PM

Sirken, I love you.

Amratoth
You are clearly uninformed. It was 2 people that had access to to nearly everyone's account that got banned, as was stated in OP that only the accounts owned by these 2 people will remain permanently banned, others are just suspended.

I think you should read the first post again, as it doesn't sound like that at all.

dax

ROFLMAO basically said go fuck your self HAHA

Bazia
12-19-2013, 10:29 PM
No one asked where the millions of plat came from which was used to buy dozens if not hundreds of accounts that then were used to completely deprive the rest of the server raid content.

No one in guild was curious? That's not very believable sorry.

Cyrano
12-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Great job CSR, time to make guilds stop treating one another like crap and using ridiculous rule lawyering to get what they want.

kingsBlend
12-19-2013, 10:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nEXhQJV.gif

http://i.imgur.com/bX1UDmq.gif

http://i.imgur.com/XiJBFUJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/n5ttG.gif

Xadion
12-19-2013, 10:30 PM
You people cant read if you think its 86 people banned for cheating- its 100 something accounts that where ever-at any time in the existance of the dupers that they ever logged into for whatever reason- yo bro can u ec xfer for me? yo log on joe for a rez plz etc. all banned.

Itap
12-19-2013, 10:31 PM

Are you fucking serious right now?

Itap
12-19-2013, 10:32 PM
You people cant read if you think its 86 people banned for cheating- its 100 something accounts that where ever-at any time in the existance of the dupers that they ever logged into for whatever reason- yo bro can u ec xfer for me? yo log on joe for a rez plz etc. all banned.

Ah yea, so it's definitely not possible that out of the 86 accounts banned, that NONE of them benefited from the duping of platinum.

Nagash

Sincerely,
Detoxx

You seriously want everyone to believe that TMO wasn't aware of what was happening? I for one don't. Knowing this should have been reported. Deal with it.

Detoxx
I think you should read the first post again, as it doesn't sound like that at all.

Of these accounts, 86 of them are guilded in The Mystical Order. While most of these accounts are owned by other players who may have had no knowledge of the actions of the people they were sharing their accounts with, the account owners take that risk when they share their information.

Oh, really?

Nune
12-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Sorry for a sec I thought I saw TMO complaining about things being unfair.

Bazia
12-19-2013, 10:33 PM
The leniency shown for cheating here is one of the main reasons it continues to be a problem

Nune
12-19-2013, 10:34 PM
The leniency shown for cheating here is one of the main reasons it continues to be a problem

truer words never spoken

Frieza_Prexus
12-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Rogean,

Would it be possible to have a basic accounting of what was duped and when?

dax
12-19-2013, 10:37 PM
2, 3,4,5,7 ,10,20 people cheating that's a shit load of usernames/passwords to remember or write down O_o even for 20 people

Amratoth
Oh, really?

Accounts owned by others that were logged into by the exploiters a small number of times will be reviewed on a case by case basis, and could be reduced to a 2 to 4 week suspension. Only accounts logged into a small number of times will be given this reduction.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/Antares_Poison/pirate-orly.jpg

Pint
Rogean,

Would it be possible to have a basic accounting of what was duped and when?

yea numbers would be very interesting

Bazia
No one asked where the millions of plat came from which was used to buy dozens if not hundreds of accounts that then were used to completely deprive the rest of the server raid content.

No one in guild was curious? That's not very believable sorry.

The whole guild should be punished because the accounts purchased with the duped platinum made it impossible for other guilds to compete.

For years

Itap
12-19-2013, 10:39 PM
years of duping platinum. TINFOIL HATTERS SHOW YOURSELF

Detoxx
12-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Speaks volumes of how this guild behaves as a WHOLE should just lock this thread and make every ban permanent quit being soft on stupid cheaters/2boxers/rmt'ers tired of playing legit and these dudes getting off easily every single damn time. Gm's have posted and made announcement after announcement to NOT SHARE YOUR INFO tough fucking luck. Don't associate with cheaters morans

Bro, you really have no room to talk about guild behavior and ethics, go back to mac (lol) and wipe to elemental planes some more, then wake the sleeper cause your guild sucked. You were known cheaters there, and IB is known cheaters/rmt'ers here. Good day.

dax
12-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Don't think IB is having 86 accounts banned ATM

i dont think any guild has had that many bans....Gratz tmo on new record !

Itap
12-19-2013, 10:44 PM
i dont think any guild has had that many bans....Gratz tmo on new record !

Can we update this statistic to the server firsts thread?

Splorf22
12-19-2013, 10:47 PM
More like you gave him the keys to your house, which then gets sealed off because your friend used it for his illegal activities.

There were only a handful of accounts that were used to perform the exploit

In other words, like 3 people cheated and as they were well liked and had access to a ton of alts, thats where you get the 106. My analogy is perfect.

Detoxx
12-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Detoxx this is not Rants N Flames my post was valid and accurate yours is not. Gms pls delete this slander.

Your post is assumption and heresy, at best. Delete his post at once!

Lazie
12-19-2013, 10:49 PM
They got off very very light IMO. Their members shouldn't be here complaining at all. 86 accounts shared is very suspicious to begin with when the new server rules state account trading is against the rules. Yet somehow TMO members want us to all believe 2 people had access to 86 accounts simply because they were "trustworthy". Yet neither of the 2 people are officers in the guild. They are just 2 members who "helped" a lot so gee lets give them our account information to use how they see fit. See you can't do that then claim innocence after the fact and then you can't expect people to believe only those 2 people had a clue as to what was going on after the fact.

I really don't understand how they escaped this without being disbanded as a guild. This is about as bad as it gets. Account sharing is not supported by the staff. Account trading is against the rules. These 86 accounts from one guild is directly link to a plat duping exploit. I understand that we want to believe the best of most people and for the truly innocent TMO members I mean no offense. But the guild should be disbanded.

BlkCamel
12-19-2013, 10:56 PM
I think this is why they call it the "Hammer"

Greegon
12-19-2013, 10:57 PM
man o man i want to roll on blue again now

justin2090
12-19-2013, 11:03 PM

I lol'd for real.

heazels
12-19-2013, 11:06 PM

Sincerely,
Detoxx

Actually the sabboth was a saturday, and it was a Jewish law not god's law.

Gaffin 3.0
12-19-2013, 11:09 PM

Sincerely,
Detoxx

cry like a little bitch that you are lol, this is so funny. your guild got outted as cheaters not just 2 people done this and i think rogean should have seriously just deleted the guild

Shaakglith12194
12-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Access to 106 accounts is ridiculous. That's got to be like 2 pages of printed out usernames and passwords. Absolutely insane. I will never understand why people allow others to log into their accounts. This stuff doesn't happen if you refuse to give out that info. What's the worst that can happen, you might have to actually be at the raid to get the item you want?

heazels
12-19-2013, 11:13 PM
cry like a little bitch that you are lol, this is so funny. your guild got outted as cheaters not just 2 people done this and i think rogean should have seriously just deleted the guild

2 people that bought 86 accounts that the guild uses on a spreadsheet.

heazels
12-19-2013, 11:15 PM
in 2 years of sploiting 2 people could easily buy 86 accounts

Freeport
12-19-2013, 11:15 PM
It's about damn time. I would say that 86 members of TMO "Banned" indefinitely will wreck the guild. There are a few "high up" people in TMO who have access to other members accounts for powerleveling- buffing-camping targets-tracking targets- etc

As for anyone not banned who is worried about their "reputation" on the server as a cheater. Deal with that shit. You chose a guild who had a terrible reputation on the server for cheating and fucking people over for the past 2 years. You get what you deserve so don't be so damn shocked.

heazels
12-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Access to 106 accounts is ridiculous. That's got to be like 2 pages of printed out usernames and passwords. Absolutely insane. I will never understand why people allow others to log into their accounts. This stuff doesn't happen if you refuse to give out that info. What's the worst that can happen, you might have to actually be at the raid to get the item you want?

Pixel hoarding to the extreme, once you buy 86 characters, cant no one say they have more characters than you.

Turp_SmokinPurp
12-19-2013, 11:17 PM
http://aqworldswiki.com/images/aqworldswiki.com/0/03/Banhammer.jpeg

knix
12-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Because there's going to be a lot of misinformation and flat-out spin on both sides, I'm going to lay out the situation as it currently exists to the best of my ability. I do not speak for TMO with any authority, nor do I wish to do so. I am merely speaking as a member, and I hope that my posting history and general efforts have earned me the benefit of the doubt regarding what I have to say.

Froovy and Internode were two seasoned and well-respected members of the guild. Froovy was an extremely active player, and yes, he did have access to many, many accounts. Of these 86 accounts approximately 12 or so would be his. Another 15 would be trackers, porters, and various mules. This leaves 60ish accounts between the two of them to be hit. It stretches the imagination to consider that they'd have access to this many accounts between the two of them. However, Froovy was extremely well-liked and respected. If you knew him on a personal level you would know that he earned the trust of many guildmates, and that he frequently played their accounts and that others frequently played his.

For almost all of us this is incredibly disappointing. I will always value how kind and helpful Froovy always was for the guild, but these actions have hit all of us where we live. While I hate to see this happen, Froovy and Internode both deserved fully to have all of their accounts permanently banned. They broke the rules, and the GM staff should be commended for their response to these individuals. I understand, without condemning or condoning, why they banned all associated accounts. Duping cannot be tolerated, and it sends a loud message. It is unfortunate that so many people have suspended accounts when their only mistake was to trust another person. But the GMs want to send a warning about account sharing, and while I may not agree fully with these suspensions, I cannot fault them for taking heavy measures.

Additionally, another TMO member was recently caught running a large RMT operation. I will not name this member yet as I do not have permission to do so, however, this should come out within a short while. This person was not an officer, and what I find most disappointing is that we had already removed this person once. We let them back in with a second chance, and it burned us. While he is responsible for his own actions, we chose to allow him a second chance and the consequences of that decision are being borne by us. TMO is being held culpable for this individual because the leadership "should have known about it." I cannot comment on whether or not they should have or did know about it, but I can safely say that this individual did NOT have access to the overall guildbank. While some guild items have undoubtedly entered the RMT circuit, the bank as a whole has not been compromised and it is closely watched.

In short, we were burned by trusted people-people who should have known better and done better by those they call friend. For the average player of the server I can understand how they view these punishments as a very positive thing. It is perhaps a blank slate to reset the attitudes and views of the raid scene. While I don't enjoy eating a raid suspension, I think this could be an excellent opportunity to reevaluate how we treat each other. While I am pessimistic about the environment changing, I and a few others in TMO, view this as a chance to make the end game something a little bit more bearable in terms of how we treat each other. Fierce competition need not be full of hate. I know that many are here are squealing with excitement at the prospect of "fuck TMO" becoming a reality, and I don't blame many. We do lock down a lot of stuff, and many of our members do behave poorly in public settings. However, I would point out that respect is a two way street. If your goal is to change how we treat each other I submit that we are better served by speaking neutrally if not coordially.

We've all seen where "prove it" and "u mad" get you. Do we really want to go right back to where we just left? I, for one, do not.

read this
you guys dont understand the two players didnt have 86 accounts.

heazels
12-19-2013, 11:18 PM
I really wonder how many of those 86 characters can vouch for them with their original IP address

heazels
12-19-2013, 11:19 PM
read this

Well i think they bought them and let the rest of the guild use there characters. prove me wrong

Itap
12-19-2013, 11:20 PM
in 2 years of sploiting 2 people could easily buy 86 accounts

are you retarded? 2 people didnt own 86 accounts. If you would read Xastens post, it was many, many main characters

heazels
Get the first ip that logged into the account ever and match it to their board petition ip address. ONly way to get unbanned IMO

Sadre Spinegnawer
http://31.media.tumblr.com/4e2487cc3dd17f549276a1b1ecd6a9ae/tumblr_mjrc3b9n3u1s569j7o1_500.gif

+9000 Rogean, support this fully... what a bombshell!

When swish brings out the gifs of 50's era hydrogen bomb tests, you know shit just got real

dax
12-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Not gonna bash tmo, because they really do have people in the guild that are not jackasses but when your the HNIC on a server,no matter how cool u are with people your gonna get shit for everything,Its part of the MMO life

Freakish
12-19-2013, 11:23 PM
I have 5 accounts right now. All of my own characters.
Friends in past guilds and current have asked me to log on their characters to accept rezzes, do ports or a myriad of other activities. Some of them transfers, sit in for exp or just got up and quit the game.
Just looking in my logs recently I have 14 accounts that I have logged into since the last time I restarted my computer (since my RamDisk resets my log files each time I restart, and I usually just hibernate it). From what I understand, any account that the guilty party has logged into has been blanket banned currently. If you can prove the account is yours and was not involved in RMT or duping, you can receive a reduced suspension.

heazels
12-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Not gonna bash tmo, because they really do have people in the guild that are not jackasses but when your the HNIC on a server,no matter how cool u are with people your gonna get shit for everything,Its part of the MMO life

im not gonna bash them either, I want them to prove through ip address logs that the 86 accounts didnt belong to the cheaters.

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-19-2013, 11:30 PM
My fave kind of response to this kind of shit, are people who claim the suspect players are "great people," or "always are there to help."

Such individuals do not know how a confidence game works.

Bernie Madoff gave millions to charity.

And Bernie Madoff, I hear, also was "always online."

It is kind of sad to realize, TMO is mostly foolish children who are easily taken in.

Look, I am sorry your mommy didn't hug you enough. Take it elsewhere.

cyryllis
12-19-2013, 11:36 PM
thanks rogean for the completely unprofessional approach to this situation. Maybe you should make it a bit more clear that it was not 86 cheating members, but rather massive collateral damage being dealt because people at one time or another trusted someone who happened to be cheating.

Lazie
12-19-2013, 11:42 PM
thanks rogean for the completely unprofessional approach to this situation. Maybe you should make it a bit more clear that it was not 86 cheating members, but rather massive collateral damage being dealt because people at one time or another trusted someone who happened to be cheating.

Because 2 people knowing about an exploit and not sharing it with other people is completely believable. Now no one is saying all 86 accounts are guilty. But trying to say no one in the guild but those 2 knew is seriously failed logic. If Froovy was a great guy with lots of friends... Why would he share his exploit with just 1 single person ? See your own argument for why he had access to those accounts is also working against you here.

"He's so helpful"

"He is a great guy"

"He spent lots of time online tracking"

According to you and your members this was a guy that was nice and helpful.. Yet you guys then turn around and say that when your "Friend" found an exploit he only told one solitary single person to help him use it. See how that argument makes no sense at all to anyone that is keeping up with this ? You guys all trusted him with your accounts... But he wouldn't in turn trust you guys with an exploit he was getting away with until today ?

Vandy
12-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Raid Scene
It continues to be an aggravating realization among CSR staff that 10% of the server population causes 90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are also all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content.

A lot of you make fun of it in your own terms, but it really does come down to fighting over very old content.

Either way, we're tired of the constant bickering, the training, the ninja looting, and all the other bullshit that's going on. So here's what we're going to do.

Don't think that this means you can continue shitting on each other and just not petition, the staff will still be watching.

I would like to request the complete removal of RnF. It contributes just as much to the shit show. If people want to rant and flame let them do it on their guild forums. Maybe we could make and poll.

khanable
12-19-2013, 11:44 PM
read this

Keep trying to white knight, exploiting scum.

Uteunayr
12-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Thank you for the completely fair approach to this situation. You were clear that 86 of the 100+ accounts used to cheat were from a single guild, and that the account owners themselves were not necessarily cheating. You made it clear that the rule is that you are responsible for who you let onto your account, and so the actions against the accounts, rather than the players, are justified. You dealt massive collateral damage because people at one time or another trusted someone with their account who they shouldn't have, and that is entirely fair. Those who did this, but were not necessarily involved are being treated leniently, and they, as well as everyone else, will be more careful in who they share their account with in the future.

Merchants of Qeynos
12-19-2013, 11:52 PM
Thanks STAFF! Is a great day for P99! The people of Qeynos thank you!

Dantragg
12-19-2013, 11:57 PM
I am not in TMO at all , nor affiliated with TMO in any aspect . My account was banned because one of the people listed took my char while I was at work to get a peggy cloak.

**I think **
Could have been another reason i.e. I used to sell in the tunnel and I could have sold a duped item..

I won't know until I get the chance to speak to a GM.

I met a guy and talked to him in RL and developed a friendship I was never hardcore enough to get to 60 so I never tried to join TMO.

I hope it all gets sorted out ... but as many have stated I am responsible because I gave my account info.

I will let you guys know how it shames out.

DrKvothe
12-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Just to be clear, it is the argument of those complaining about this decision that it was 2 individuals only? These two individuals performed the unforgivable exploit on each of these accounts without the knowledge of others within the guild, even those who actually own the accounts? They didn't just use the accounts for various in-game activities, they actually used the exploit on these accounts, correct?

I wonder how many of the 20 non-TMO tagged accounts actually belong to TMO members?

Some might argue that it's unfair to the rest of the server that the GMs allowed your guild to remain intact after this unprecedentedly massive and outrageous breach in server policy. Especially with velious around the corner and a significant portion of content for everyone depending largely on your future good behavior.

heazels
12-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Just to be clear, it is the argument of those complaining about this decision that it was 2 individuals only? These two individuals performed the unforgivable exploit on each of these accounts without the knowledge of others within the guild, even those who actually own the accounts? They didn't just use the accounts for various in-game activities, they actually used the exploit on these accounts, correct?

I wonder how many of the 20 non-TMO tagged accounts actually belong to TMO members?

Some might argue that it's unfair to the rest of the server that the GMs allowed your guild to remain intact after this unprecedentedly massive and outrageous breach in server policy. Especially with velious around the corner and a significant portion of content for everyone depending largely on your future good behavior.

The accounts may have been purchased with the exploit. who knows. Most of them may not even have real owners

Rararboker
12-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Well seeing as how this subject hasn't been covered in ... 17 pages, what was the exploit anyway?

kbnexus
12-20-2013, 12:14 AM

See massive SEQ use. BDA had a very high amount of SEQ users. BDA wasnt banned IB wasnt banned just the offenders were suspended and de-leveled.

This scale has precedence in the past however TMO was very low on the SEQ percentage list, so we couldnt be targeted.

Yinikren
12-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Most of the probably don't have owners and/or are affiliated with TMO.

Regardless, they still need to be disbanded.

Actually, scratch that, they need to be unable to leave the guild and have permanent raid bans.

Need to make sure we know exactly who loaned their accounts out to these cheaters.

Forum celebrities in TMO, especially ones who stir the pot in RnF, get no sympathy from me.

May you guys never raid again.

Pheer
12-20-2013, 12:15 AM
See massive SEQ use. BDA had a very high amount of SEQ users. BDA wasnt banned IB wasnt banned just the offenders were suspended and de-leveled.

This scale has precedence in the past however TMO was very low on the SEQ percentage list, so we couldnt be targeted.

^ desperate deflection

khanable
12-20-2013, 12:17 AM
^ desperate deflection

I've got a quote for that:

Feel free to use it anywhere applicable.

Nizzarr
12-20-2013, 12:18 AM
We're recruiting on red, best pve guild on both server! www.nihilumguild.com

Bazia
12-20-2013, 12:18 AM
These 2 faggots are probably being PLd new toons as we speak just like after the seq/Mq wave

This is way worse then what Holocaust did on red and you literally destroyed their guild and permabanned members

kylok
12-20-2013, 12:20 AM
I would bet money that the two actual dupers were IP banned.

DrKvothe
12-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Deletion of all plat and trade-able/MQ-able gear acquired since suspicious activity began for the accounts that are restored seems appropriate as well, imo.

Bazia
12-20-2013, 12:22 AM
I would bet money that the two actual dupers were IP banned.

Are you really this new to immortal gaming?

Bazia
12-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Mmo *

Autotune
12-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Because 2 people knowing about an exploit and not sharing it with other people is completely believable. trying to say no one in the guild but those 2 knew is seriously failed logic. If Froovy was a great guy with lots of friends... Why would he share his exploit with just 1 single person ? See your own argument for why he had access to those accounts is also working against you here.

You're a fucking moron.

2 people that don't share a secret keep it a secret long enough to hit 80+ accounts. That's fucking logical.

2 people that go around sharing illegal duping practices wouldn't be able to dupe as long as rogean suggested they did. Not logical to go around telling people you're exploiting.

You guys froth so hard some times

Itap
12-20-2013, 12:27 AM
You're a fucking moron.

2 people that don't share a secret keep it a secret long enough to hit 80+ accounts. That's fucking logical.

2 people that go around sharing illegal duping practices wouldn't be able to dupe as long as rogean suggested they did. Not logical to go around telling people you're exploiting.

Ya moran

papercolor
12-20-2013, 12:27 AM
I'm frothing at rogeans post! good job!

Thugnuts
12-20-2013, 12:33 AM
I'm calling my representative tomorrow to nominate this thread for induction into the Library of Congress, that it might be preserved for future generations.

Bazia
12-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Holocaust on red was deleted and members permabanned for exploiting a broken aoe on nagafen once

Including members not present

Nirgon
12-20-2013, 12:36 AM
We're recruiting on red, best pve guild on both server! www.nihilumguild.com

Definitely the home for people who were banned from blue for exploiting/MQ etc.

TMO best pve guild doe.

Lazie
12-20-2013, 12:46 AM
You're a fucking moron.

I'm not frothing and you are the moron for believing the "Company line" that is fed to you after people are busted for exploiting. I have said repeatedly I feel bad for the innocent people in this. But friends who share accounts with each other don't keep exploits to themselves. Especially if they are a pretty tight knit group of friends. Tight knit enough to share accounts etc. It's just infantile to believe that people are sharing 86 accounts with 2 people, but of all those people sharing accounts this exploit stayed with 2 people in the guild only knowing about it. That is truly moronic thinking on your part. Now please crawl back in your rants and flames hole. People here actually use logic instead of mindless, thoughtless ranting.

dwightgeary
12-20-2013, 12:50 AM
they have been doing this shit for atleast 9 months........ and it stayed between 3 people ?

OK.... seems legit

Langrisserx
12-20-2013, 01:13 AM
^ yea puhlease each layer peeled back reveals what we already know... dirty fuckin whistles with a vested interest beyond obsession. there was pay off, it was worth it. sickos! thats not the EQ i know. EQ is supposed to give it to you up the ass and you back up on that hard dick time and time again. Anyway.

Rupertox
12-20-2013, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the hard work keeping the server clean. We enjoy that and we know that isnt easy.

Besides that, my opinion is that velious without raid content would kill the server.

Autotune
12-20-2013, 01:25 AM
I'm not frothing and you are the moron for believing the "Company line" that is fed to you after people are busted for exploiting. I have said repeatedly I feel bad for the innocent people in this. But friends who share accounts with each other don't keep exploits to themselves. Especially if they are a pretty tight knit group of friends. Tight knit enough to share accounts etc. It's just infantile to believe that people are sharing 86 accounts with 2 people, but of all those people sharing accounts this exploit stayed with 2 people in the guild only knowing about it. That is truly moronic thinking on your part. Now please crawl back in your rants and flames hole. People here actually use logic instead of mindless, thoughtless ranting.

Tight knit?

I was in TMO, I know how they share accounts and they do it like any other successful raiding guild has done on p99. The majority share accounts to help take down targets. Very few people in TMO didn't share and it's not something close friends only do in the guild.

Sharing exploits is how people get caught quickly, it's no different than people who rob banks and then tell all of their friends. You guys are beyond idiotic.

You don't have to share an exploit to log onto a friends account and rez him. You don't have to share your exploit period. If people had shared it, the exploit wouldn't have taken 9+ months to discover.

How stupid can you guys be, it's obvious none of you could ever keep a secret if your lives depended on it.

"Oh gee, he asked me to log on his account and rez him... better tell him about my plat dupe!"

MaximiusM
12-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Sirken, I love you.

Sirken/Ambrotos 2016

Vote early, vote often.

dwightgeary
12-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Tight knit?

I was in TMO, I know how they share accounts and they do it like any other successful raiding guild has done on p99. The majority share accounts to help take down targets. Very few people in TMO didn't share and it's not something close friends only do in the guild.

Sharing exploits is how people get caught quickly, it's no different than people who rob banks and then tell all of their friends. You guys are beyond idiotic.

You don't have to share an exploit to log onto a friends account and rez him. You don't have to share your exploit period. If people had shared it, the exploit wouldn't have taken 9+ months to discover.

How stupid can you guys be, it's obvious none of you could ever keep a secret if your lives depended on it.

"Oh gee, he asked me to log on his account and rez him... better tell him about my plat dupe!"

this is unbelieveable cannot do it ... will not do it

Lazie
12-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Tight knit?

I got no problem with you personally, but your thought process is infantile at best on this. That is all I will say because this doesn't need to turn into a rants and flame thread simply because Autotune wants to come in and seek attention.

I will simply agree to disagree with you because you aren't going to get anyone to believe people were friendly enough to share 86 accounts with these 2 guys but they weren't friendly enough to share an exploit with them. Especially when that exploit can help the members of a very competitive raiding guild.

Phatso
12-20-2013, 01:42 AM
I for one, am happy with how tmo handled this. You are all greedy for trying to get two dupes in a row.

Phantasm
12-20-2013, 01:42 AM
I think regardless of innocence or guilt it is pretty simple, if you share your account information you only leave yourself to get burned. Don't want to be suspected of plat-duping due to nefarious behavior of your guild ? DON'T GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT INFO OUT. Simple solution to a simple problem.

Also to the people saying that you can log onto an account to res someone or to help with questing or something along those lines - it is VERY likely that numerous accounts benefited from the duping - hence why they received any bans at all. What should have been done is a more fervent justice being dealt - no case to case basis, no redemption permitted. What they did was against the rules, frowned upon and in totality disrespectful behavior - why give them ANY benefits of the doubt.

dwightgeary
12-20-2013, 01:43 AM
I got no problem with you personally, but your thought process is infantile at best on this. That is all I will say because this doesn't need to turn into a rants and flame thread simply because Autotune wants to come in and seek attention.

I will simply agree to disagree with you because you aren't going to get anyone to believe people were friendly enough to share 86 accounts with these 2 guys but they weren't friendly enough to share an exploit with them. Especially when that exploit can help the members of a very competitive raiding guild.

my point exactly... autotune not saying i dont believe what you think ... but lets be real here

heazels
12-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Tight knit?

who cares whether it was kept secret or not. The 2 people bought 86 accounts that helped TMO dominate the raid scene

dwightgeary
12-20-2013, 01:44 AM
who cares whether it was kept secret or not. The 2 people bought 86 accounts that helped TMO dominate the raid scene

bought or " created " chars

heazels
12-20-2013, 01:47 AM
bought or " created " chars

probably both

Autotune
12-20-2013, 01:48 AM

Bought? You're mistaken.

TMO has around 15+ tracking accounts and I know one of the people named was a major tracker. TMO also has porting accounts and access to "community" accounts from people who quit the game that no longer play, these get passed around quite often.

There are also tons of EC toons that are used in TMO and I also know the same person would log on a few of those as well. He also was trusted to log in on many cleric accounts to rez guildmates.

I'm not sure how many accounts those guys had between them, but they definitely did not buy 86 accounts themselves. Those are just ones I ended up having to log in multiple times, I've been asked to rez people on their clerics a few times and just never wrote them down, also asked to log onto other people's alts to grab stuff off their mules.

I have an EQ file with 20+ accounts and passwords that are all in TMO and not personally mine and I wasn't even that well liked.

August
12-20-2013, 01:50 AM
The problem with this forum argument is that the culpable ones are silent. There are definitely people who were unfairly compromised in this scandal. However, there probably are people who were participating who simply aren't speaking up here. Not everyone has to be in on it.

The worst effect of what's been going on has been the subtle inflation that platinum duplication causes. Leaving the originator the money loses almost no purchasing power, but on each successful transaction as money disperses throughout the populace, we've slowly devalued, or rather hastened the inevitable, inflation.

Yinikren
12-20-2013, 01:53 AM
You guys toss your characters around as casually as a cigarette out a car window, why is this a shocker when it happens?

Keep your damn characters to yourself.

Gwence
12-20-2013, 01:55 AM
if people with influence in TMO had any intelligence they would use these 2 weeks to start reaching out to the other guilds in order to start working up a plan as to how to improve the raid scene on the server

instead they are complaining and trying to justify there actions

maybe you didnt know it was going on, maybe you did. Maybe your account just got logged on for a buff, maybe it didnt

It really makes no difference. It all falls under the umbrella of accountability.

this server would be loads better if people at the top worked with each other instead of against each other.

cyryllis
12-20-2013, 02:04 AM

No?

Lets break it down to easy to digest morsels so you can understand it:

One person found an exploit and then shared it with another person.

Those people used the exploit for a bit a very long time ago.

Over the course of the last year or however far back they went, anyones character (Not characters belonging to the 2 cheaters) who was logged in for any reason was banned / suspended for 2-4 weeks.

These were not characters being constantly used by the cheaters.

These were not characters bought using duped platinum/items.

If our guild was funded by duped money, why would we bother to sell MQs and stuff along those lines? Why would we farm for countless hours to afford things? Why would our officers have to award loot that was bought from EC through a process that generally takes weeks, when we secretly had infinite money to buy every item on the market?

The vast majority of TMO speaks out strongly against cheating and RMT behind closed doors, so believe what you want- but so many of these statements from the crowd are complete nonsense.

The 2 individuals who duped some gems/bars forever ago have apologized to us on our forums for tainting our name and hurting the status of the characters who are now in limbo and since then have been banned from our forums and will never be allowed to raid with us again under any character.

The big RMT bust was a single individual who sold off his account for a very small sum of money (a couple hundred dollars).

Every item ever acquired from a raid with TMO can be tracked. We keep extremely well documented excel spreadsheets and know what was looted, who looted it, what character it is now on, and if it was sold we know to whom and for how much.

Our own members keep each other in check and people would be up in arms if anything did not add up- believe me when I say we have people who are way too into keeping track of this shit for anything to go unnoticed.

You people act as if we generated infinite platinum to buy everyone 10 characters to dominate the raid scene.

The truth is that even if we all were level 1 right now with no gear, we would level up, get geared and keyed, and crush the competition all over again.

WHY? Because our guild has the largest collection of motivated players on the server who will track and kill mobs at any time of day 24/7.

EQ has always been about who puts in more time, etc, and those people are the ones who see top end gear and raid content. Is it fair and does it allow everyone to experience all the content that they may have missed years ago? No. Does it let everyone share loot equally among the various guilds? No. WHY? Because that is not how everquest works, now, or ever.

It is a game that rewards the few who have far too much time on their hands. Its not something to brag about, and at the same time its not something to hate people for. Others choose to spend their time playing other games or participating in other hobbies. Just because you choose not to do these things, does not entitle you bash others for their life choices.

T7g
12-20-2013, 02:10 AM
No?

Over the course of the last year or however far back they went, anyones character (Not characters belonging to the 2 cheaters) who was logged in for any reason was banned / suspended for 2-4 weeks.

If our guild was funded by duped money, why would we bother to sell MQs and stuff along those lines? Why would we farm for countless hours to afford things? Why would our officers have to award loot that was bought from EC through a process that generally takes weeks, when we secretly had infinite money to buy every item on the market?

The vast majority of TMO speaks out strongly against cheating and RMT behind closed doors, so believe what you want- but so many of these statements from the crowd are complete nonsense.

The 2 individuals who duped some gems/bars forever ago have apologized to us on our forums for tainting our name and hurting the status of the characters who are now in limbo and since then have been banned from our forums and will never be allowed to raid with us again under any character.

The big RMT bust was a single individual who sold off his account for a very small sum of money (a couple hundred dollars).

Every item ever acquired from a raid with TMO can be tracked. We keep extremely well documented excel spreadsheets and know what was looted, who looted it, what character it is now on, and if it was sold we know to whom and for how much.

Our own members keep each other in check and people would be up in arms if anything did not add up- believe me when I say we have people who are way too into keeping track of this shit for anything to go unnoticed.

You people act as if we generated infinite platinum to buy everyone 10 characters to dominate the raid scene.

The truth is that even if we all were level 1 right now with no gear, we would level up, get geared and keyed, and crush the competition all over again.

WHY? Because our guild has the largest collection of motivated players on the server who will track and kill mobs at any time of day 24/7.

EQ has always been about who puts in more time, etc, and those people are the ones who see top end gear and raid content. Is it fair and does it allow everyone to experience all the content that they may have missed years ago? No. Does it let everyone share loot equally among the various guilds? No. WHY? Because that is not how everquest works, now, or ever.

It is a game that rewards the few who have far too much time on their hands. Its not something to brag about, and at the same time its not something to hate people for. Others choose to spend their time playing other games or participating in other hobbies. Just because you choose not to do these things, does not entitle you bash others for their life choices.

BlackTriad
12-20-2013, 02:11 AM
this server would be loads better if people at the top worked with each other instead of against each other.

This.

Supreme
12-20-2013, 02:22 AM
Want to fix raids on blue so everyone can enjoy?

Raid calendar worked out with guilds capable of raiding. Introduce a tiered system for the kind of encounters and place progression on guilds. Guilds can then have 6 hours to KILL their spawn.

And the most important part is to change the spawn time from 7 days to 3 days and reduce the loot drops per mob killed. This will result in 10 spawns per month instead of the current 4 while not flooding the market with new items.

If this will work then everyone (players and staff) will need to come with a role in making it happen.

Nads
12-20-2013, 02:26 AM
Evarquost

Tune
12-20-2013, 02:26 AM
nice spinnage rofl

heazels
12-20-2013, 02:28 AM
No?

Front of Post

Recently we discovered an exploit that, if abused, could generate platinum. We restarted the servers the other day to patch it, and begun investigations into abusers. We found 3 people that have been abusing it for quite a while.

All the accounts that the two individuals owned, are banned. so Yendor are you saying that two TMO players are able to dominate the server? cause that is what it sounds like.

two of my accounts are of the 86, my cleric, and my other cleric. no doubt used to rez the fallen on a raid after i had to leave. My whistle is clean but I cannot access my account. I am raid suspended because the officers didnt know what these two did in private. PRIVATE, no one in TMO knew except those two.

actually my cleric that is 52 is male, I tried to play him but, it was too weird and awkward. I like playing a cleric, that c-heal landing when tank is <10percent is delightful.

so, yeah, i have a new female high elf cleric.

yep sounds ebayed

No one doubts the ignorance in the matter, you gave some platinum to dude for some characters, no questions asked. Money funneled to http://www.platlord.com which is now devoid of any and all items

You really believe 86 accounts were banned over something so insignificant? really naive

blah blah blah, you have no life, your the best, no one cares, blah, blah blah

Aeaolena
12-20-2013, 02:32 AM
http://imgur.com/KdnI9GQ.gif

kingsBlend
12-20-2013, 03:05 AM
http://imgur.com/KdnI9GQ.gif

:D:D

Widan
12-20-2013, 03:08 AM
It should not matter if you knew that people using your accounts were dupers or not. You willingly gave out your info, people who used your accounts broke the rules, your accounts should be banned permanently with theirs.

Yinikren
12-20-2013, 03:22 AM

How about no.

There's no "competition you're crushing" anymore. You're raiding civilly and taking other's wants and needs into account, or you're not raiding at all.

It's really that simple.

cyryllis
12-20-2013, 03:43 AM
sorry didnt realize we entered a nanny state

Dualform
12-20-2013, 03:57 AM
if people with influence in TMO had any intelligence they would use these 2 weeks to start reaching out to the other guilds in order to start working up a plan as to how to improve the raid scene on the server

instead they are complaining and trying to justify there actions

maybe you didnt know it was going on, maybe you did. Maybe your account just got logged on for a buff, maybe it didnt

It really makes no difference. It all falls under the umbrella of accountability.

Lazie
12-20-2013, 04:05 AM

Just pointing out again the mentality of members inside TMO posting about all this. IF they don't get all the shiny pixels in an environment they can control and call competition they cry.

Tann
12-20-2013, 04:08 AM

by this you mean you're all infants? Nanny Rogean is tired of the skidmarks in your undies.

meson
12-20-2013, 04:22 AM

This is exactly the reason you will raid nothing in Velious. Can't wait to see TMO's 400th Trak kill (http://www.themysticalorder.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=11649&f=60&sid=a23f3e7631c9b25c586e698319699674) for your 6th alt.

k9quaint
12-20-2013, 04:31 AM
Ban them all. Ban them with fire.

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-20-2013, 04:55 AM
By the way, if forumquest is kind of like the "Gems" of p99, does this count as a gm-sponsored event?

Clark
12-20-2013, 05:48 AM
2 people that bought 86 accounts that the guild uses on a spreadsheet.

Fjolvar
12-20-2013, 05:50 AM
I am finding it very difficult to continue playing on this server with this knowledge at hand. I firmly believe stronger action and harsher punishment must be taken in order to send a strong enough message to others in the future. Can IP addresses be banned with the accounts? The accounts that were logged into by the exploiters should receive stricter discipline as well. Their defense is that they weren't aware of the intentions of these users who used their accounts, but that should not matter. If anything, punishment on these individuals will teach others to be much more cautious to who they share their account info with - guild member or not.

4 weeks ban is NOT enough for these individuals, especially given that these next 4 weeks will be the holidays and most people will be taking a break from EQ regardless. Either a longer ban or at least de-leveling of their characters by 20+ levels. If more action isn't taken I don't think I can continue playing with an honest conscience that my hard work isn't in vain due to the debasement of the server economy by cheaters who don't fear the consequences.

Lisset
12-20-2013, 06:09 AM
You know what's classic? Getting your account completely banned for sharing account info, nothing more. I had it happen to a couple of guildmates on live.

Spatzle
12-20-2013, 06:12 AM
I am finding it very difficult to continue playing on this server with this knowledge at hand. I firmly believe stronger action and harsher punishment must be taken in order to send a strong enough message to others in the future. Can IP addresses be banned with the accounts? The accounts that were logged into by the exploiters should receive stricter discipline as well. Their defense is that they weren't aware of the intentions of these users who used their accounts, but that should not matter. If anything, punishment on these individuals will teach others to be much more cautious to who they share their account info with - guild member or not.

4 weeks ban is NOT enough for these individuals, especially given that these next 4 weeks will be the holidays and most people will be taking a break from EQ regardless. Either a longer ban or at least de-leveling of their characters by 20+ levels. If more action isn't taken I don't think I can continue playing with an honest conscience that my hard work isn't in vain due to the debasement of the server economy by cheaters who don't fear the consequences.

Honestly the punishment is far too light. Sharing accounts is in direct violation of server rules. Therefore whether or not the person logging into the account is cheating or not its still violating rules that have been repeated numerous times. I feel that if IP addresses can indeed be banned then the supposed handful of cheaters should be IP banned while everyone else should have accounts perma-banned and be forced to start over.

Fjolvar
12-20-2013, 06:13 AM
You know what's classic? Getting your account completely banned for sharing account info, nothing more. I had it happen to a couple of guildmates on live.

People shouldn't be so quick to hand out their account info so easily. I once gave my account info to a 'friend' back on live and woke up the next morning with my character completely stripped. That's just the risk you take and sometimes you only learn from hard lessons.

heazels
12-20-2013, 06:24 AM
People shouldn't be so quick to hand out their account info so easily. I once gave my account info to a 'friend' back on live and woke up the next morning with my character completely stripped. That's just the risk you take and sometimes you only learn from hard lessons.

people handed out there info? or were given info?....

in exchange for platinum /dr evil finger to lip

dalaimoc
12-20-2013, 06:26 AM
Frankly - all involved accounts should be permabanned.

Personally i am having nothing against TMO. I don't care about the raids on this server. All TMO members i have met so far were nice and friendly to me.

However - you share your account info, you take every risk involved with it. There is no innocence. That is the reason, why you better don't share your account at all.

I have been a longtime member in the on of top 3 raiding guilds on Druzil Ro and then on Venril Sathyr. No one in those 2 guilds had any account info from me and i held account info from 1 other person.
Only people that could use my account were my brother and my wife.

I left after Dragons of Norrath was released and raid all and everything from classic on release till then.We had zero problems to get our raids done without sharing account info, even if important classes were missing - guess what - we invited people from other guilds to come along for that raid with full loot rights. Didn't hurt, gave us a good reputation and everyone had fun.
All 3 top guilds wayback then were doing reflagging for non-guildies on the PoP stuff- Although there was competition between the guilds, it rarely (ivever) got out of hand.

This is a good time for all raiding guilds on this server to sit back and ask themselves how they want to proceed.

Seriously - grow up !

syferis
12-20-2013, 07:25 AM
finally the ban hammer

Tecmos Deception
12-20-2013, 07:44 AM
I plan to make a more accurate announcement at some point but Velious development is proceeding well and we may be opening Beta within a few months. Stay tuned.

<3

Lanzellot
12-20-2013, 08:14 AM
iam not against tmo himself,many members and some officers Zagum for example are good guys .but the raid scene need definitv a change .popsock a mob and sell the mq epic pieces for a unrealistic price sucks,much from the officers are scumbags but not all .

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Stringer Bell: "Look, you want money? I am worth more alive than dead if you want money."

Omar Little: "You just don't get it, do you?"

http://nyoobserver.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/michael_k__williams-2.jpg

MaksimMazor
12-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Can we redo the rogue BotB?

Ghordo
12-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Two years to late imo, but bravo for getting some sort of balls guys. Make it permanent so people won't think twice about doing shit like this. Make a visible example and it will make your job 100x easier on running this Emu.

Ehna Ne'Nah
12-20-2013, 08:46 AM
This one deserve my first post. This place suddenly smell better

Friday
12-20-2013, 09:23 AM
These cheaters and vagabonds all deserve permanent bans.

eqravenprince
12-20-2013, 09:45 AM
If we do not see a significant improvement in the behavior of the raiding guilds and how they treat each other, Velious will be released without raid content.

This was my favorite part of the post although I liked all of it. I've always thought EQ would be a lot of fun without raiding and everything can be done with a single group. Even if raid content was removed, I do wonder if the same assholes that cock block content now would just block whatever the highest remaining content is. It's pretty sad that some people can't play nice, instead they shit in our sandbox.

Is there a way to prevent those that are banned from creating a new account?

heazels
12-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Remember guys! It's just a game

Gecko
12-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Raid Scene

Starting today and then evaluated when Velious is released the CSR staff will be keeping track of how the raid guilds are treating eachother. If we do not see a significant improvement in the behavior of the raiding guilds and how they treat eachother, Velious will be released without raid content. To be clear, we want an enjoyable raid scene for everyone, not just one or two guilds. This means working together to figure out a compromise when racing for mobs, and working with smaller guilds to let them have a chance at mobs you don't absolutely need for gearing main characters..

Thanks for the post, and I think this is a step in the right direction. However, with variance and first engaged being the ruleset then there is still zero chance for guilds to do this content on their own. What we'll see is invitations from large guilds to essentially watch them kill these MOBs and get offered the scraps that have no real value, such as TMO has done with Europa and AG so far.

Why not remove variance, employ play nice, and set up a rotation of capable guilds so smaller guilds actually have a chance at this content? Tagging along and being offered worthless scraps doesn't solve the problem, or help the server in any way.

Briac
12-20-2013, 11:24 AM
I have been on this server for years, enjoying reliving my past glory’s, spending what time I have as a grown adult to level my single character. It’s been a blast, but was has truly saddened and frustrated me over the years is viewing all these threads slagging each other off, RnF or not. Ladies and Gents, it’s a game most of us played 14 years ago, why are you still behaving like the kids you were then? Truly sad, I really do wonder what my non-gaming mates would say if they read some of these comments in these posts… ‘sad bastards’ comes to mind!

I don’t often post on these forums, but I do read them often. And this post today has urged me to post for once.

Zeelot I have heard you’re a good guy, and that goes for some TMO members too, but unfortunately not all of your members are the same. You have a chance to start something off and be remembered for something bigger then TMO, you could be known as the person that made this server truly great for the whole community.

All im asking that you kindly do is think about the community, and why this server was created. It was built by the community leaders for the community. You claim your guild only goes by the rules, and it’s these rules which make you horde end game content (which your mains do not need), which ultimately means the rest of the EQ loving community don’t get to see the end game they once did or never had the chance to do.

Please explain to me the reasons why TMO feel the need to monopolise content and not share with the community? It’s an emulated server meant for everyone to enjoy all aspect of the game.

Competition is certainly classic, by its very nature it is the way it was designed, but this doesn’t mean the community are not allowed to come to a gentleman’s agreement and share! I just cannot understand why it brings more joy to you and your guild mates to batphone all hours of the day to kill stuff that you don’t need, with a force so large in numbers that it means all content isn’t a challenge… where is the drive and motivation… it’s not really for items, nor is it for the challenge?

Take for example epics, I for one want to quest mine from start to finish, you know, to get that feeling of achievement which EQ was once all about, and it did a tremendous job of making you feel that way. I can 100% say every single player on this server felt this back on live at some point, whether it was finally killing Ambassador DVinn in CB, or getting your first bit of planar armour, to then clearing your first plane, killing your first dragon etc.

I certainly didn’t come to play classic EQ to get my feeling of achievement by buying the bits I need for my epic because a few guilds monopolise the content.. Far from it, I joined to relive my past adventures and get that feeling of achievement once more, and actually downing each and every mob in order to earn them. But alas I have a real life, and therefore have a lot less time on my hands now that im a grown adult. So as it stands on this server, the few are blocking the majority of the P1999 community in doing what was meant to be a project for everyone. Why in today’s day and age can I not as a semi casual player get a shot at 14 year old content?

The arguments based on more time put in = more rewards is very true in most things, including RL. So yes you do have a claim to do this content, you have earnt it, but why would you continue to prevent other guilds at enjoying content that you do not need, it’s just not logical except purely for greed and selfish reasons. That’s where I come back to the community, EQ is a community, ALL the top guilds need to act like one so we can all enjoy it, simple as that.

I for one hope the ‘less hardcore’ players with lives outside EQ are given the opportunity by the community to enjoy all the content that Rogean, Nilbog etc have provided. I also hope that the GM’s reflect on my post and have the strength and fortitude to stand fast in their commitment to making this server something for the entire community once more. And if needs be, enforce a method which ensures that all raid level guilds get a chance at all content, a chance to feel achievement once more, a chance to relive our misspent youth.

Merry Christmas

pharmakos
12-20-2013, 11:27 AM
GMs -- a GM enforced raid rotation might sound like a lot of work, but i think it would actually be less work than dealing with all the training, ninjalooting, killstealing, indefinite kiting, etc etc etc that has happened in the recent past.

plus, it would make a LOT of people happy to finally be able to do classic endgame raids without having to get involved in all the drama that surrounds the guilds that have been on top for the last year or three.

Kegir
12-20-2013, 11:32 AM
GMs -- a GM enforced raid rotation might sound like a lot of work, but i think it would actually be less work than dealing with all the training, ninjalooting, killstealing, indefinite kiting, etc etc etc that has happened in the recent past.

plus, it would make a LOT of people happy to finally be able to do classic endgame raids without having to get involved in all the drama that surrounds the guilds that have been on top for the last year or three.

People will just keep creating alt guilds until there are 50 guilds on the rotation.

pharmakos
12-20-2013, 11:36 AM
People will just keep creating alt guilds until there are 50 guilds on the rotation.

this community is not that large. they would be found out and disbanded.

Aaron
12-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Make it a rule that toons from one IP can only be in one raid guild.

If caught in violation, ban.

Orruar
12-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Raid Scene

I respect that you guys want to stay back and let the players sort things out as to how to run the raid scene here as much as possible, as that is in general preferable to some authority coming in to determine these things. But it has become clear that this server has a certain population of very anti-social people who will fight harder to deny other people loot than the other people will fight for their own loot. This is just a game after all and it doesn't really serve the server as a whole to have one guild gearing out a dozen toons per person just to camp at each raid spawn and keep everything locked down. I can't imagine that's healthy for the people doing the monopolization and it's certainly not much fun for the rest of the server.

This is a rather unfortunate situation and I think it's great that we'll start to see some push from the staff to curtail this behavior. It's sad that it got to this point, but eventually the adults have to take the toys away from the kids and put them to bed.

Raavak
12-20-2013, 12:03 PM

Before the post by the staff a few months ago basically outlawing account sharing & trading, there was a lot of sharing going on; it was quite common. You never really thought twice about it. If you've been on the server over a year you probably know what I mean.

And as far as the raid scene goes... things happen the way they do because of the rule set. What are the real "raid" issues anyway? They aren't stated specifically. People talk in RnF, but that's what people do in RnF.

You know, if there wasn't a TMO there would be some other top dog doing the same exact thing. With no expansions of content everyone will have alts, everyone will want their alts to have epics & haste & manarobes & Trak bps & VS legs, and then their 2nd alts to have these things, and on and on. The population will adapt to the rule set. It always has, it always will. Its about supply & demand; its about scarcity; its about the EQ economy. If you want to stop individuals from always wanting something more limit the amount of accounts a person can have. Reduce the demand.

Or increase the supply. Others have posted on this... increase the spawn rate and/or make all mobs spawn at once. Add spawn tokens. Make monopolization impossible. Eliminate scarcity. It wouldn't be that hard. It seems to me the staff wants high end items to be both scarce and evenly distributed. Yet they provide no process or method for this to be, except calls to "play nice".

Saying "play nice" doesn't work, because for the most part we all think we are. You raid and you compete, you win and you lose. Sometimes you lose more than you win, and you get mad, and you start calling names. You assume the winners beat you out of some personal vendetta or innate evil inside them. Guess what? They won because it feels good to win, and that is all.

Lisset
12-20-2013, 12:33 PM
2 things would be nice

1. Make sharing accounts bannable. So much of this crap is encouraged with the use of shared trackers, rezzers and porters. Classic EQ is supposed to be hard. If you can't find an actual cleric to rez you, too bad. If you can't help your guild by leveling up and placing your own trackers, too damn bad.

2. End MQing. Multiquesting does nothing but encourage this type of behavior. People camp epic mobs for plat through MQing and for helping a select few who want their epic without working for it.

It's not just sad, it's ridiculous that noobs to P99 are told to pretty much forget getting their epic or getting top loot because a guild would rather keep things for themselves with the attitude that it's theirs,

The bottom line is that when what's good for a guild is bad for the server, the guild needs to go and things need to change.

Ecguy
12-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Before the post by the staff a few months ago basically outlawing account sharing & trading, there was a lot of sharing going on; it was quite common. You never really thought twice about it. If you've been on the server over a year you probably know what I mean.

And as far as the raid scene goes... things happen the way they do because of the rule set. What are the real "raid" issues anyway? They aren't stated specifically. People talk in RnF, but that's what people do in RnF.

You know, if there wasn't a TMO there would be some other top dog doing the same exact thing. With no expansions of content everyone will have alts, everyone will want their alts to have epics & haste & manarobes & Trak bps & VS legs, and then their 2nd alts to have these things, and on and on. The population will adapt to the rule set. It always has, it always will. Its about supply & demand; its about scarcity; its about the EQ economy. If you want to stop individuals from always wanting something more limit the amount of accounts a person can have. Reduce the demand.

Or increase the supply. Others have posted on this... increase the spawn rate and/or make all mobs spawn at once. Add spawn tokens. Make monopolization impossible. Eliminate scarcity. It wouldn't be that hard. It seems to me the staff wants high end items to be both scarce and evenly distributed. Yet they provide no process or method for this to be, except calls to "play nice".

Saying "play nice" doesn't work, because for the most part we all think we are. You raid and you compete, you win and you lose. Sometimes you lose more than you win, and you get mad, and you start calling names. You assume the winners beat you out of some personal vendetta or innate evil inside them. Guess what? They won because it feels good to win, and that is all.

The economic analysis regarding inventive based behavior according to rule set is spot on.

Uteunayr
12-20-2013, 12:57 PM
2. End MQing. Multiquesting does nothing but encourage this type of behavior. People camp epic mobs for plat through MQing and for helping a select few who want their epic without working for it.

I can't say I agree with this as an across the board policy. For new players just getting into the server, I know that camping Ancient Cyclops for JBoots MQs is often a very good source of income. I understand the reason why you suggest it, epic mobs for plat and so on, I simply think that it would need to not be an across the board fact of no MQing. It would hurt the younger player base. Heck, I'd not have been able to afford my Jboots when I was first leveling until I could solo AC.

dav
12-20-2013, 01:02 PM

Come on. No we fucking don't. I've been in both guilds, both sides, and know pretty much everyone involved except the newer (last ~2years) TMO.

The truth is we all hate the other side, people train each other and try to get away with it, they despise the shit the "other guys" pull, and generally make everything an us vs. them ordeal.

People try to hide behind starting DT cycles and DA stalling and training in VP by saying "it's not against the rules" or "gotta compete" or "is classic" or any other excuse people make in posts like yours when the truth is that people need to just grow up and realize that when they're doing douchebaggy shit for pixels on old video games it's wrong.

The rules may not be perfect, in fact they're terrible, but even with "perfect" rules man-children are still going to act like man-children in whatever way they can.

Wasn't FE recently raid suspended for intentionally training TMO? Didn't Zeelot get TMO raid suspended for breaking TR/IB mez? Wasn't TMO caught kiting mobs in sky?

Doing crap like that is not justifiable because of "server rules" or any other excuse, yet people do it because they care so much about the damn pixels and sticking it to the other guy that they don't care how it affects anyone else.

Blaming it on any other reason is just a weak ass cop-out.

Lisset
12-20-2013, 01:05 PM
I can't say I agree with this as an across the board policy. For new players just getting into the server, I know that camping Ancient Cyclops for JBoots MQs is often a very good source of income. I understand the reason why you suggest it, epic mobs for plat and so on, I simply think that it would need to not be an across the board fact of no MQing. It would hurt the younger player base. Heck, I'd not have been able to afford my Jboots (which I worked my ass off for, btw) until I could solo AC.

There are plenty of other ways to make money. The problem with MQing is that it's a vicious cycle. One reason why one needs plat from MQing JBoots is to use that money for other MQs because THOSE mobs are permacamped by MQers. It never ends. Far better to say "no multiquesting at all" than "no multiquesting except for those that a select few have decided they don't want anymore"

There are plenty of items to farm for plat.

Uteunayr
12-20-2013, 01:23 PM
There are plenty of other ways to make money. The problem with MQing is that it's a vicious cycle. One reason why one needs plat from MQing JBoots is to use that money for other MQs because THOSE mobs are permacamped by MQers. It never ends. Far better to say "no multiquesting at all" than "no multiquesting except for those that a select few have decided they don't want anymore"

There are plenty of items to farm for plat.

There are plenty of items to farm for plat, but should we burden Seafuries even more than they already are? People know the money spots, and they are already tapped quite hard. At least in regards to the items being MQable, things like jboots are not held exclusively.

The issue I see is that if jboots stop being MQable items, the top guilds who need jboots on their toons would hold down AC exclusively, giving no one else a chance at any point, killing for the drop, and letting the alt account loot. At least how it currently is, richer players can easily justify paying 5k rather than sitting at the camp all day, which gives money to the poorer players who place a greater weight to the benefit of that 5k for their spells, components, and the like. I have heard many times of first-character Necromancers camping and selling jboots around level 50 to afford EEs. At least they can get the camp, something that wouldn't happen if the top guilds had to hold it down exclusively since they couldn't just say "Eh, 5k is easier than camping it."

So no, I disagree that it is better to take a "burn the house down" approach to a damaged foundation. I agree whole heartedly that some things are MQ camped to hinder the community and form artificial barriers and price inflation, specifically in epic items... But an across the board ban isn't the solution.

Dr3am
12-20-2013, 01:24 PM

Most people's classic experience with Everquest is not what TMO has created on this server- far from it in fact. In classic times Everquest was new and server domination was different in that a guild got the best geared and moved to their content and then stopped farming the content that others needed. The mindset was different then and nobody had the farm skills and overall MMO management skills that we do now on P99. Sabbat on Rallos Zek could have dominated the raid scene with "Might Makes Right" being enforced by GMs, but they only did this for VP and left lower end content to others. Sure in the beginning they dominated everything but then they moved on once their primary and secondary toons got geared. They even helped other guilds once they got strong enough to enter the raid scene (outside of VP of course). TMO is unique from the classic experience in that they kill things that they don't need just to make their stacks of cash a little taller as well as to deprive others of the position that they already have. It is not often that you find folks who will refuse to let someone else get to where they have gotten.
The server staff have done a wonderful job of recreating a classic experience from a code perspective, and most people are thrilled with that. It is the actions of the elite few at the top that shock most new players once they join P99, as none of them remember a high end raid scene that is described for them when they poke around the P99 community. Why is that? Why is the community so bad on P99 as compared to the classic experience that it shocks new players? Part of the root problem is all the character sales which allowed TMO (let's be real here) to park raid forces, which is related to the issue described above- folks are wiser now and have thought through how to push others down in EQ and lock down content. The other root problem I will address below.

I am so tired of hearing greedy people justify their greed by saying that they have spent their time and effort so they are entitled to it. It is a product of the last couple generations that people globally (not just Americans) have gotten so selfish, self absorbed, and greedy. The generation of folks who laid down their lives to fight Hitler in World War 2 would roll over in their graves if they looked at the state of the world's rich and poor today. This is the saddest thing that I see around me in our beautiful world today- so many folks scrambling for a few more pennies and pushing the smiling and community minded folks away so they can grab at one more cent.
Nobody hates TMO for having too much time on their hands, they hate TMO for what they do to the server community with their selfishness. Their appearance of self absorption, selfishness and greed is shocking to the newly anointed in P99, and some of your members represent the words of what humanity has become today all embodied in one guild. Certainly your guild policies in general represent the worst of human greed and selfishness.
I am "Polyanna" in that I hope for the best for humanity and our world in very difficult times, and I wish that world wide we could find a way to work together and solve the problems that will be facing all of us. I for one welcome the fact that "Winter is coming"- some of us understand how big the winter is that is coming to face humanity, and they would rather face it themselves than have their sons or daughters face it for them. Either way I wish that the world could work out their problems and greed is at the heart of it- it would be sad if in an Elf Simulator a few thousand people can't find a way to work out their greed problems. It speaks volumes for humanity in general that we end up with situations like the one TMO has created on this server for the past 3 years. We are probably all fkd and I can't say that we don't deserve it with the way we act to one another.

A little long winded and somewhat off topic I suppose- but this has been burning at me since I got on the server and saw what we have made of the raid scene. It's terrible, and the people who justify it are the worst of what is driving our society down.

sedrie.bellamie
12-20-2013, 02:44 PM
was every account on the server checked for duping? I guessing they were not. What p99 really needed was the ban hammer to come down like it did for SEQ and 2-boxing. If the server staff checked every account for duping and other infractions, I am pretty sure more than 106 accounts would get banned.

Babayaaga
12-20-2013, 02:48 PM

Every player has a choice as to whom they want to align with (guild). By the time you are high enough to apply to raid content guilds, you have a good idea of who they are, what their reputation is, and what they have to offer you.

When you join a guild, you adopt their reputation <just by wearing their tag>. While I'm sure there are many awesome people in TMO, unfortunately their reputation as a whole precedes them.

Ultimately, players weigh the negatives with the positives when they make this choice. It seems clear to many people that TMO has had only one thing to offer. It's natural that you will make friendships within your guild environment, but you all made choices to align with an organization that did not have a positive reputation to begin with. That is the risk you all took, and now share in the consequences.

Also, regarding changing the raiding scene here. I agree. It clearly isn't the best method, but guess what...that's the way classic EQ was.

I played on the "ghetto" server known as Xegony and while there were contested arguments often, I never experienced what goes on in P99. I attest that largely to the fact that accounts cost money to buy and run (package cost + subscription), and the fact that Verant/Sony had larger customer service pools to work with.

The cause of this ban is the result of this problem, which is that operating multiple accounts is cost-free. Because of this, it is simple to create a new account, level a toon to 60, deck it out, then share the access information with many people and perma park it at <insert raid target here>.

THIS is why TMO monopolizes raid targets. It has nothing to do with the "classic" idea that the more you put in, the more you will get out. This is bending the rules to ones favour, and activities such as plat duping and RMT and/or plat-purchasing gear and accounts only makes matters worse.

Get it now?

What may seem unfair to you is quite obvious to many other people who follow the rules and regulations of Project 1999 to a "T".

I also personally believe that there are too many mouths to feed for the crumbs of content available. I do NOT, however, think that improving that situation would cure what has been going on. Something has to change, and hopefully, this is the first step.

Rangerboy
12-20-2013, 02:49 PM
i hope they do check all accounts and ban everyone who broke the rules. too bad for those people...thats what happens when you cheat

Xarinr
12-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Correct me if im wrong but most people i play/group with are mid late 20s up to 64 (oldest ive played with. With that in mind you would assume that most are grown up... Just a thought.

So these people come onto a server which has been created and run at a cost so we get a chance to relive something i thought i would never get the chance. And cheat exploit and make the gm's job harder. Thats fair isnt it.

August
12-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Honestly, I think one of the biggest problems we have is the capability of having multiple accounts assigned to a single owner.

I myself have 4 accounts because when I made them the thought was ' well since account selling is viable there's no reason to clutter up one account - 1 per character is a good idea'

It's one of the least-classic things about this server, for me at least. There wouldn't be so many accounts to share if this was the case. People wouldn't be able to just reroll after being banned.

I'm sure it'd be a technical nightmare, though.

Rangerboy
12-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Curious what the community thinks
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131798

Babayaaga
12-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Want to fix raids on blue so everyone can enjoy?

Raid calendar worked out with guilds capable of raiding. Introduce a tiered system for the kind of encounters and place progression on guilds. Guilds can then have 6 hours to KILL their spawn.

And the most important part is to change the spawn time from 7 days to 3 days and reduce the loot drops per mob killed. This will result in 10 spawns per month instead of the current 4 while not flooding the market with new items.

If this will work then everyone (players and staff) will need to come with a role in making it happen.

/\ /\ This.

pharmakos
12-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Correct me if im wrong but most people i play/group with are mid late 20s up to 64 (oldest ive played with. With that in mind you would assume that most are grown up... Just a thought.

the majority of the server population is late-20s/30s.... but i think that a lot of the most hardcore players are early 20s

Sirken
12-20-2013, 04:31 PM
was every account on the server checked for duping? I guessing they were not.
sorry, but you'd be guessing wrong.

Honestly, I think one of the biggest problems we have is the capability of having multiple accounts assigned to a single owner.
I myself have 4 accounts because when I made them the thought was ' well since account selling is viable there's no reason to clutter up one account - 1 per character is a good idea'
It's one of the least-classic things about this server, for me at least. There wouldn't be so many accounts to share if this was the case. People wouldn't be able to just reroll after being banned.
I'm sure it'd be a technical nightmare, though.

err.. we can tell who is who, and we can tell who is on who's account, so i dont see how that matters. as far as not allowing more than one account, theres really no way to stop someone from making email addys and creating new eqemu accounts. as far as people not being allowed to reroll, you're missing the point. we are banning the accounts, not the people. most of the people did absolutely nothing wrong other than share their info. most of the accounts weren't even used in a malicious manner, just simply the guy logged in to rezz or port a friend. and Rogean even addresses that when he says;
"While most of these accounts are owned by other players who may have had no knowledge of the actions of the people they were sharing their accounts with"
that being said, Duping is one of the absolute worst things a player can do. it doesn't even compare to things like Raid Interference, RMT, Scamming, etc. Duping is treated more in line with hacking the server, DDoSing, etc. those actually guilty people will not be allowed to reroll. that being said, witch hunting and perma banning innocent players is not how we do things here, regardless of how much anyone hates the guild in question, or blames them for their own lack of pixels. hopefully most of these players will stop sharing info with people they dont know in RL, because this could have all been avoided for most of these accounts.

Hawala
12-20-2013, 04:49 PM
We brought up the possibility of completely disbanding The Mystical Order. Personally, I find it hard to believe that TMO leadership was not aware or suspicious of this happening.

Get rid of this scourge on our server.

dwightgeary
12-20-2013, 04:49 PM
im sure they did a huge server sweep before making a announcement like this..... nobody is out to get TMO ... TMO was just on the radar more than others but it would probably be fair if you released some info on the other accounts that were banned ?

Sirken
12-20-2013, 04:52 PM

Sirken
12-20-2013, 04:53 PM
im sure they did a huge server sweep before making a announcement like this..... nobody is out to get TMO ... TMO was just on the radar more than others but it would probably be fair if you released some info on the other accounts that were banned ?

thank you for actually reading Rogeans OP.