PDA

View Full Version : Let's do Something Productive.

Exmo
12-19-2013, 06:52 PM
With the Raid Scene being as chaotic as it is, the rule interpretations are often hard to keep track of and principles don't always extrapolate to other situations the way we think they do. In RNF this morning someone suggested there was a "Maximum Stall time of 2 DA's" on Trak.

So what we need to get a "Raid Rules" Manual going. So here it is:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Raid_Rules

Let's see if we can actually get this filled in and fleshed out with WELL CITED claims about the current rules!

Don't be a Douche.

PS. GM's I did include "8. This is a wiki, it can be edited by anyone, so don't expect to be able to point at this and scream at a GM. This exists to Document their decisions in a clear and concise way, not as an edict for them to follow." Hopefully that addresses your biggest concern with this existing.

So help me fill this in guys.

Lisset
12-19-2013, 07:42 PM
So you think something originating in Rants n Flames can be productive? Mmmkay.

Also, community != democracy i.e. We don't make rules.

Hitpoint
12-19-2013, 07:59 PM
I think it's a good idea. Would be nice to have these rules in writing. As long as the GMs overlook them and make sure it's all correct. I have a few suggestions if that's ok.

VP should have it's own "General Raid Rules" section or something:

No ninja looting, no pulling dragons through walls, no plugging/poofing, no using what should be unaccessable areas (above the zone geometry). Might be more rules than this but I can't think of any right now.

There should also be appropriate punishments listed for things. When does a raid get suspended? When does a player get banned? When does loot get deleted? When is it awarded to another guild? These questions are much more a mystery than the actual raid rules imo.

Spitty
12-19-2013, 08:01 PM
In the interest of full disclosure, are you -

1. A Guild Leader actively involved in the raid scene
2. A Guild Leader not actively involved in the raid scene (but presumably wants to be)
3. A guild member actively involved in the raid scene
4. A guild member not actively involved in the raid scene (but presumably wants to be)
5. Someone not actively involved in the raid scene, but likes making rules

August
12-19-2013, 08:05 PM
I know I'm a (5)

Emerald_keep
12-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Productivity?? Here?? Burn this man at the stakes!

baalzy
12-19-2013, 08:25 PM
I know I'm a (5)

webrunner5
12-19-2013, 08:36 PM
I think OP is #5, leaning real hard toward it. Silly thread. :o

kaev
12-19-2013, 08:41 PM

Interesting, you base this claim on what? When I read the OP it appears to be quite explicitly not attempting to make rules, rather to gather documented GM rulings and posts about this server's lolraidrules in one place.

p99 forums, reading comprehension discouraged if not outright banned here.

indiscriminate_hater
12-19-2013, 09:31 PM

not so silly now

Aaron
12-19-2013, 10:26 PM
So you think something originating in Rants n Flames can be productive? Mmmkay.

Also, community != democracy i.e. We don't make rules.

Yes we do. See: Sky rotation.

Exmo
12-19-2013, 10:28 PM
In the interest of full disclosure, are you -

1. A Guild Leader actively involved in the raid scene
2. A Guild Leader not actively involved in the raid scene (but presumably wants to be)
3. A guild member actively involved in the raid scene
4. A guild member not actively involved in the raid scene (but presumably wants to be)
5. Someone not actively involved in the raid scene, but likes making rules

I'm a Raiding Cleric of BDA.

Exmo
12-19-2013, 10:29 PM
I think it's a good idea. Would be nice to have these rules in writing. As long as the GMs overlook them and make sure it's all correct. I have a few suggestions if that's ok.

VP should have it's own "General Raid Rules" section or something:

No ninja looting, no pulling dragons through walls, no plugging/poofing, no using what should be unaccessable areas (above the zone geometry). Might be more rules than this but I can't think of any right now.

There should also be appropriate punishments listed for things. When does a raid get suspended? When does a player get banned? When does loot get deleted? When is it awarded to another guild? These questions are much more a mystery than the actual raid rules imo.

It's a Wiki man, Edit away. I still have lots of cleaning up to do on it anyway, since I copied the old FAQ and didn't reformat it yet.

Messianic
12-19-2013, 11:09 PM
young rule lawyer