PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Why did I get aggrod?

Tecmos Deception
12-19-2013, 10:34 AM
So I was just in HS, making my way into south. Just beyond the fake painting dropdown spot in south, there are 3 static spawns and 1 pather. Immediately below the painting were 2 goos, the static spawn over near the ramp down was a skeleton, and the pather was a skeleton too. I ran through the painting, aggrod the 2 goos and the pather but did not get the second skeleton (the static spawn from over near the ramp) aggrod on me.

I stunned the 3, mezzed them, memmed tash and bedlam, tashed, mezzed again, bedlam, memmed rune and ivu, mezzed again, fettered all 3, runed, mezzed again, IVUd. So it took probably 90+ seconds to do all that. Still no aggro from the second skeleton.

I ran around the corner IVU and started camping out partway down the ramp where I would be out of line of sight of the two goos when I came back in. Still no aggro. Then, with 10 seconds left to camp out, the static skeleton aggrod me, HTed, caused me to get 2 more adds, so I hatted. I was still IVU until he HTed me. The 3 mobs I had aggrod over near the painting, which had not caused this second skeleton to aggro me for a couple of minutes now, were still in the exact same spots they'd been in (they were all still rooted) for the last couple minutes. The other two mobs near me down the ramp were both undead.

Why the hell did that mob aggro me?

Tecmos Deception
12-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Not, apparently, repeatable. The three were a bit farther away from the second static skeleton though that time. But proximity couldn't have been the aggro right? Or it would have assisted long before it did.

Tasslehofp99
12-21-2013, 04:36 AM
Weird indeed, I have noticed sitting down seems to greatly increase your aggro range.

Yinaltin
12-21-2013, 06:59 AM
possible that another player was running threw and had to root that skeleton prior and then camped out ? maybe it was also lulled ?

Langrisserx
12-21-2013, 07:10 AM
had some random aggro from undead in guk the other day, couldnt figure out why i had IVU on.. couldnt repeat it... briefly seeing thru IVU? sit agro.. i didnt sit i went to swim

Tasslehofp99
12-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Yeah but if you rooted a mob, put ivu up, and then sat down there's a chance (maybe) that your aggro range increased enough when sitting that the unaggro mob social /proxy aggro'd off od the rooted mobs you had aggro on.

Idk really but ive seen some weird aggro stuff with sneak/invis/ivu and social aggro since the last patch, nothing specifically that mirrors what happened to you though.

Tecmos Deception
12-21-2013, 10:37 AM
possible that another player was running threw and had to root that skeleton prior and then camped out ? maybe it was also lulled ?

Nah, these things weren't possibilities. Only other person in the zone for several minutes before I got into the fight in question was a necro who was in entrance/basement area.

What tass said sounds like it COULD be the culprit, i.e. sitting increases assist ranges in addition to just normal aggro ranges so by sitting to camp the skeleton that didn't assist the three mobs before suddenly did assist. Except that I was sitting there camping for 20 seconds before it decided to aggro me... so it seems like if this WERE the case it would have aggrod much sooner.

Tecmos Deception
12-21-2013, 03:20 PM
What the fuck? I just died in south again because a room full of 4 skeletons aggrod me while I ran past with IVU up. I was not aggrod by or engaged with anything else in the zone, IVU was up until I got attacked by a skeleton, there were no live mobs anywhere nearby, and going back to check the mobs that aggrod me... none of them can see IVU.

Incognito
12-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Doesn't aggro work on the server timer sort of.
Like when you have sow sometimes you can run past a mob that normally agro's
Just a thought.

also for the dieing in HS south they probably just don't like you.

Tecmos Deception
12-21-2013, 03:55 PM
That's based on ticks, but in the first instance I was near the NPC AND sitting for multiple ticks before it aggrod, and in the second instance they never should have aggrod regardless of when or how long I was near them.

Tasslehofp99
12-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Wow, weird as hell dude.

Maybe they changed some undeads in HS to see through IVU? Similar to the way crypt has undead frogloks who randomly see through ivu. Not sure really but this seems so strange, sorry you died :(

Tecmos Deception
12-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Both times I went back IVU and conned everything that was on me and none of them saw IVU. So I have nooooo idea, lol.

Dying isn't a big deal. I just want to know WHY I am dying.

Tecmos Deception
12-22-2013, 09:25 AM
I'd be content to write these off as flukes, or as a live mob being near me and causing assist aggro from the undead, except that logs never showed live mobs attacking me and quite a few other people have been talking about very weird issues with aggro lately too... like getting aggro from an formerly charmed pet after dying and getting a rez back into the zone (which I wouldn't have believed except I witnessed it happen in seb).

radditsu
12-22-2013, 10:40 AM
I think it's because you kill so many named in hs south they have you on a list that ignores normal aggro rules.

Tecmos Deception
12-22-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm just doing a service to the fine people of Norrath. I heard enshrouded veil and fingerbone hoop prices have gone up since I took a break to play BG2 ;)