PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Invis Preventing Re-Aggro

quido
12-19-2013, 05:46 AM
In the previous invis-pulling patch, changes were made that no longer allowed invisibility to prevent a mob from re-aggroing after standing up from a flop. It was said that the only thing that will continue to work like this is sneak. Recently I noticed that this change is no longer in effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOn7haxJxG8

Here you can see me with aggro on a single wurm. I flop it, it begins to path home, and I stand up and immediately click CoS. The wurm doesn't re-aggro. Then, when I click off my invisibility, the wurm immediately re-aggros.

quido
12-19-2013, 05:56 AM
I was under the impression that this was not the intent here. Am I mistaken? Does it only apply to aggro transfer? I thought for a while here invis didn't prevent re-aggro.

Treats
12-19-2013, 05:59 AM
Looks like your feign cleared but when you took off Invis wurm was still in aggro range?

If not, no idea.

pasi
12-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Here you can see me with aggro on a single wurm. I flop it, it begins to path home, and I stand up and immediately click CoS. The wurm doesn't re-aggro. Then, when I click off my invisibility, the wurm immediately re-aggros.

This is how live works/worked.

quido
12-19-2013, 07:03 AM
Looks like your feign cleared but when you took off Invis wurm was still in aggro range?

If not, no idea.

That's definitely not aggro range. But yeah, maybe I was just understanding it wrong and that's how it's supposed to work.

Dacuk
12-19-2013, 08:37 AM
i thought before the patch, if you invis'd immediately after standing, you wouldn't have aggro even after your invis dropped (assuming you were out of aggro range). I think now you will still not have aggro if you immediately invis, but the second you drop invis the mob will then reaggro even if it is out of range. i will have to do some testing tonight, but this is what i thought.

Fazlazen
12-19-2013, 03:52 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=730791&postcount=20

as planned, and has been as is since the patch.

Surprised you have played a SK for 60 lvls and only find that out now...

Fazlazen
12-19-2013, 03:55 PM
If I can add something, for a little while after the patch, any form of invis would delay the reaggro to the time of "loss of invisibility" after the patch, even on mobs that saw invis.

Unfortunately, that was fixed.

baalzy
12-19-2013, 04:38 PM
I dunno what happened in your case, I died last night in lguk when I stood up and CoS'd and the froglok that had just low hp fled into nobles area came tearing back after me bringing his casting shaman friends with him.

Note: I didn't have any DoTs on the frog either.

It might have had to do with it fleeing and then remembering me when its HP regen'd and therefore is a different situation though.