PDA

View Full Version : Hand of Glory

blondeattk
12-19-2013, 04:23 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/recipe.html?recipe=4392

at what stage will this quest be implemented?

Tasslehofp99
12-19-2013, 04:49 AM
Believe that was added in after luclin, or JUST before it.

JerSar
12-19-2013, 05:15 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=23020

Per this thread the earliest comment is in 2003, saying that they held onto the glove portion of this quest since 2002, the image was uploaded in 2008.

Velious was released in Dec 5th 2000, so most evidence is saying that we don't get this part of the quest, only the temporary items for the doors.

Clark
12-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Believe that was added in after luclin, or JUST before it.

Yoite
12-19-2013, 08:50 AM
breaks my heart =/ damn these no rent keys.

blondeattk
12-19-2013, 09:24 AM
DO we actually get keyrings with velious?

I seem to recall folk leaving the keys on corpses....

THink thisis a clear example of a quest its pointless not to implement. take a vote on it imo)

Ele
12-19-2013, 11:05 AM

THink thisis a clear example of a quest its pointless not to implement. take a vote on it imo)

Nope. You get to carry every single key in your bags including those dragon portal keys.

August 2002 (Late Luclin): Implemented key rings. Certain keys will be placed on your key ring when you use them (like clicking on the appropriate doors or locks). The keyring is a part of the character, not a space in inventory. To find out what keys you have just type /key and the game will give you a list.

Nuggie
12-19-2013, 03:16 PM
I see stuff like this happening when/if nilbog decides we've had enough time in classic velious and it's time for custom content. So... 2 or 3 years after Velious is my best guess.

Spitty
12-19-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm impressed how you can see into the future. Tell me how you do it.

Keys (and the challenges associated with them) and other inventory/corpse problems are inherently part of the classic game.

Challenges like this are the marshmallows in the P99 Lucky Charms - they might be tiny by themselves, but if you keep taking them away you're eventually left with a bland mess that nobody wants. Kinda defeats the purpose of keeping folks playing, really.

baalzy
12-19-2013, 03:36 PM
I see stuff like this happening when/if nilbog decides we've had enough time in classic velious and it's time for custom content. So... 2 or 3 years after Velious is my best guess.

I wonder how long, after velious, it will take to get planes & chardok revamped (in actual time, not when it 'should' happen). How about putting in stonebrunt ect...?

Daldaen
12-19-2013, 03:37 PM

Something that's pointless not to implement is like... Surefall Glade port spells which were added in Velious. Which really only facilitates easier access to Qeynos. But having the key to everything in Charasis? That is a bit more questionable.

/notsosubtledruidplugoff

ctechguy
12-19-2013, 05:18 PM
What's all this about a hole of glory???

I've already completed that quest...

Spitty
12-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Oh, come on...you knew it was Hand of Glory.

It's the quest you settle for when you can't finish Hole of Glory.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Oh, come on...you knew it was Hand of Glory.

It's the quest you settle for when you can't finish Hole of Glory.

Wtf lol

Spitty
12-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Wow, it looks a lot worse when it's italicized and in a box and quoted and someone's wtf-ing it.

Byrjun
12-20-2013, 01:14 AM

Keys (and the challenges associated with them) and other inventory/corpse problems are inherently part of the classic game.

Challenges like this are the marshmallows in the P99 Lucky Charms - they might be tiny by themselves, but if you keep taking them away you're eventually left with a bland mess that nobody wants. Kinda defeats the purpose of keeping folks playing, really.

I didn't realize lugging around 20 different keys in your bag was a "challenge." I think a better word is tedium.

Ele
12-20-2013, 01:29 AM
I didn't realize lugging around 20 different keys in your bag was a "challenge." I think a better word is tedium.

Good ole Everquest.

Spitty
12-20-2013, 04:48 PM

It's the Inventory Management mini-game, dude. Don't you play?

Nuggie
12-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Spitty, there was no need to be rude.

The Hole of Glory is defeated when you are married, like me. Or maybe that's when you lose the game...

Spitty
12-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Where was I rude?

I mean, generally I'm prone to barging in and unleashing rudeness but I thought it was all in good fun here.

Nuggie
12-20-2013, 07:08 PM

Smacks of rude sarcasm. Maybe your intent was lost in the text.

Spitty
12-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Perhaps I should have added some smiles and cries (name that movie) to show I was joking and referring to multiple posts.

It's just that whenever I type a smiley into a forum post, my fingers cramp up into a fist and punch my face.