PDA

View Full Version : Question About Playing With a Friend

shallowpro
12-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Hi, a friend and I are thinking of getting back into Project 1999. Well, not thinking about it, we're doing it. However we are now living in the same location (so we have the same IP). I know there is an issue with two-boxing not being allowed on our servers, but is there any way we can both play at the same time? It'd make it a lot more fun for the both of us. Thanks, and sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong section, or covered anywhere else. I wasn't able to locate any information with a quick perusal of the forum.

Cheers!

quido
12-18-2013, 09:02 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/announcement.php?f=25

Petition Forum

Spoonerism
12-18-2013, 09:44 PM
This, you can petition in the petition forum for a ...i forget the word, but the word allows you to have 2 accounts on the same IP address or what have you.

I am sure the GMs will ask you questions, and probably monitor your activity to make sure you are not two-boxing.

And if they think you are, be prepared to run figure 8's! (or so I hear that is what they make you do :-P)

jazzer
12-18-2013, 10:28 PM
This, you can petition in the petition forum for a ...i forget the word, but the word allows you to have 2 accounts on the same IP address or what have you.

I am sure the GMs will ask you questions, and probably monitor your activity to make sure you are not two-boxing.

And if they think you are, be prepared to run figure 8's! (or so I hear that is what they make you do :-P)

IP Exemption

HeallunRumblebelly
12-18-2013, 10:37 PM
You can also tether a phone and play EQ. Works well enough until your IP exemption goes through.

shallowpro
12-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Thanks guys!