PDA

View Full Version : Is there a place where i can find the most accurate classic quest info?

nagarpoe
07-28-2010, 11:09 AM
me and my bf are basically new at this EQ thing. It's hard for me to figure out if a quest is classic or not.

Is there a thread or forum that lists all the active classic eq quests per zone or per level? I tried allakazam eq site and most of the quests on there are not pertaining to us.

Thanks so much!

azeth
07-28-2010, 11:20 AM
I imagine without prior EQ experience it's going to be difficult for you to determine if a quest is Classic. I think your best bet, others may have a better idea, will be to look at the required quest components (via Allakhazam) and figure out if they came from Kunark+ expansions.

Also, maybe you've figured this portion out already, but you can search by the NPC name and Zam will provide you related quests to that NPC. *Most classic NPC's aren't involved in Kunark+ quests until later levels. It's safe to assume 90% of quests done prior to level 40 involving Classic NPCs are entirely Classic quests.

edit: the quests im talking about from Kunark+ expansions that involve classic NPCs are Epic Weapons for example.

mmiles8
07-28-2010, 11:32 AM
No one resource is going to be completely accurate as the server is a work in progress. Most things are dead on, some things won't be the way you remember them. Some things had many transition points throughout the scope of classic and may be off the timeline for one reason or another.

Read the quest text.
Check Allakhazam posts from <2001.
Use web.archive.org
everlore predated allakhazam and will have more posts from this era.
Jboots take 3250 gold and not 325 plat.
When in doubt, post here. If you think you found a bug, post it there. It's better to post something that isn't a bug and send us to do a little research than to leave a bug unnoticed.

Uaellaen
07-28-2010, 11:35 AM
http://moestaverne.com/p1999wiki/index.php/Main_Page

best classic info for p99 currently available imo

mgellan
07-28-2010, 11:44 AM
I use The Wayback Machine extensively, for example Alla is available from 1999. This is from 2002 just before Luclin, which is the link I have book marked:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020119234040/allakhazam.com/

You can go to www.archive.org and access copies of lots of different sites like alla, castersrealm, rpg-expert, etc. However Alla is the best IMHO, and works well with the Wayback Machine. There's quest lists by zone etc. One warning I guess is there may be some divergence from Classic quests to P1999 since I'm not sure it's possible to get every detail in 10000 scripts 100% so proceed with caution if the turnin is hard to get/expensive!

Regards,
Mg

nagarpoe
07-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Oh i didn't think of just searching for the NPCs that we see in the zone. Thanks . I'm going to search for quests this way.

nagarpoe
07-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks!

nagarpoe
07-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Thank you for the links! much appreciated