PDA

View Full Version : Keen Eyes Needed

JerSar
12-18-2013, 03:49 AM
Please give feedback for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gkfVrJfOzQ

Too fast? Too slow? Too much going on? Anything you see please let me know, it's a draft for a project I'm working on.

Clark
12-18-2013, 04:37 AM
nice work :)

JerSar
12-18-2013, 05:01 AM
nice work :)

Thanks. Any suggestions?

Clark
12-18-2013, 05:59 AM
looked good to me nothing I can think of

Badwar
12-18-2013, 07:10 AM
Imo slow it down just a tad. The 5-10 seconds area is a little clustered. Otherwise, nice job!

JerSar
12-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Imo slow it down just a tad. The 5-10 seconds area is a little clustered. Otherwise, nice job!

Thank you, I heard that from someone else as well. Will do.

Agno
12-18-2013, 09:43 AM
It looks great and the message is clear, but there are additional spots where it is a little fast. 15-18 seconds is a pretty quick transition for someone to read that isn't a fast reader. I consider myself to have an above average reading speed, and I think for the average reader it is probably a tad fast. I think if you extended the video from 28 seconds to about 35 seconds you would be right on the money.

The "So what if you had a chance" bit also seems to be a bit of a longer pause than the rest of the wording through the video. I guess maybe shorten that a tad (1s / 1.5s?) and extend the 15-18 second range and the 5-10 second range.

Maybe have a 12 year old kid watch it and repeat the content back to you to see if he can take in the information at that speed. Judging by the speed at which my step son (9) reads, I would anticipate that in about 3 years he would have "average" reading speed and comprehension.

Zapatos
12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
At :08 there's a flash frame or two of something that pops up under "to twelve".

"So what if you had the chance" stays on the screen way longer than the text directly following it, which is to fast. I'd split the difference. The "so what if you had a chance" part also has a lack of motion to the rest of the video once it's on screen.. Maybe key it to shrink ever so slightly so it keeps the flow going.

Otherwise, smooth job.

JerSar
12-18-2013, 02:40 PM
It looks great and the message is clear, but there are additional spots where it is a little fast. 15-18 seconds is a pretty quick transition for someone to read that isn't a fast reader. I consider myself to have an above average reading speed, and I think for the average reader it is probably a tad fast. I think if you extended the video from 28 seconds to about 35 seconds you would be right on the money.

The "So what if you had a chance" bit also seems to be a bit of a longer pause than the rest of the wording through the video. I guess maybe shorten that a tad (1s / 1.5s?) and extend the 15-18 second range and the 5-10 second range.

Maybe have a 12 year old kid watch it and repeat the content back to you to see if he can take in the information at that speed. Judging by the speed at which my step son (9) reads, I would anticipate that in about 3 years he would have "average" reading speed and comprehension.

Thank you! I will do that.

JerSar
12-18-2013, 02:40 PM
At :08 there's a flash frame or two of something that pops up under "to twelve".

"So what if you had the chance" stays on the screen way longer than the text directly following it, which is to fast. I'd split the difference. The "so what if you had a chance" part also has a lack of motion to the rest of the video once it's on screen.. Maybe key it to shrink ever so slightly so it keeps the flow going.

Otherwise, smooth job.

Good advice, thank you. Staring at it 500 times over a day makes you miss important things like that.

Argh
12-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Hey, nice job, and cool video. I liked the sliding text stuff.

My only thought was that the text seemed too opaque at times.

Also, I thought that it would be cool if you just stuck to the 4 cmyk colors (as opposed to the 4 + blended 3) +25% white intervals for shading (or 75% opacity on white bg) on all the colored fonts, as I thought this was what you were doing after seeing cyan on the first text. But, that's just a preference thing.

Nuggie
12-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Coming from a slow reader: too fast.

But that's already been mentioned.

JerSar
12-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Hey, nice job, and cool video. I liked the sliding text stuff.

My only thought was that the text seemed too opaque at times.

Also, I thought that it would be cool if you just stuck to the 4 cmyk colors (as opposed to the 4 + blended 3) +25% white intervals for shading (or 75% opacity on white bg) on all the colored fonts, as I thought this was what you were doing after seeing cyan on the first text. But, that's just a preference thing.

That's a really good idea. Thank you.

JerSar
12-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Coming from a slow reader: too fast.

But that's already been mentioned.

:) Yeah, I am extending the video about 4 seconds and adding in the excess into the larger/more clustered bits.

Thank you.

Nuggie
12-18-2013, 03:29 PM
I like the way you handle criticisms. More people should be like you.

withinyouwithoutyou
12-18-2013, 03:52 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/197hm7vn1rhvsgif/ku-medium.gif

Zade
12-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Not sure what exactly you want feedback on (the graphics or the message, etc) but at the end of the vid, i still had no idea what it was trying to sell me. sat there confused for a second, then rationalized it had to be gifting ink cartridges to people.

JerSar
12-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Not sure what exactly you want feedback on (the graphics or the message, etc) but at the end of the vid, i still had no idea what it was trying to sell me. sat there confused for a second, then rationalized it had to be gifting ink cartridges to people.

That's a good point. I was thinking a similar thing as I watched it for the 600th time - I think a key element is missing - "Purchase your ink with us and we give a percentage of your purchase to your charity" in more or less those words.

Thanks, now that that's in my mind I'll have to do a few things but it's a good point.

What did you think about the speed of the video? I'm slowing it down but only by around 4-5 seconds.

JerSar
12-18-2013, 03:59 PM
I like the way you handle criticisms. More people should be like you.

Thanks for the compliment. I work with graphics and clients so I think it's gotten me to a point where my work isn't completed unless I get some other people looking at it to provide me with different viewpoints - so I've stopped being so protective of anything I make.

JerSar
12-18-2013, 04:00 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/197hm7vn1rhvsgif/ku-medium.gif

What's this? Dude looks pretty hungry, should go buy some ink so he can have more turkey.

Zade
12-18-2013, 04:08 PM
What did you think about the speed of the video? I'm slowing it down but only by around 4-5 seconds.

I think that will work well

JerSar
12-18-2013, 04:14 PM
I think that will work well

Okay. Thank you for the input!