PDA

View Full Version : Weapons with a proc effect

zeval31
07-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Not sure if it is the right place to post this, so mods please feel free to move elsewhere at will.

For some reason I like the proc'ing weapons. Find it cool to have an extra perk when fighting.
I'm planning to roll an SK troll alt soon, can anyone point me to easily attainable procing weps ? I mean even for low levels, i dont care, quested is a plus.

PS : I have on my cleric this little goldnugget that any PAL/CLR should quest as soon as possible : http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=491
check the proc, check the dmg of the proc, check the delay and the level ...

Tseng
07-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Since you don't need any more help on aggro, a Polished Granite Tomahawk is a great choice for tanking:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=239

azeth
07-28-2010, 07:32 AM
If you're rollling a Troll SK you really won't have much of a need for proccing weapons due to Disease Cloud giving you instant aggro over pretty much anyone.

Though I do understand if you just want some neat weapons to shoot some lightning bolts - and i apologize if i can't think of any SK type Yak equivalent.

Noleafclover
07-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Could go pally and get ghoulbane. Think they have another cool proccing weap I'm forgetting as well. And you'd like polished granite tomahawk, it's a really great tanking item for a few levels. Not a whole lot else I can think of though. Could be an SK w/ a yak, I suppose. Not easily attainable by far though.

Bubbles
07-28-2010, 08:00 AM
If you are going warrior, a pair of Obsidian Shards are nice at medium levels as ghetto yaks.. once you hit 30 nothing beats Axe of the Slayers (23/48 proc:rampage.. 400-500pp in EC) for a whole lotta free healing/rune in situations where you aren't needing to taunt off of other melee.

Awesome low cost solutions for the regular joe.

Man - O - War is a very affordable Paladin twink weapon till you get the cash together for a ghoulbane.

edit : or you can just roll a Troll SK and give up after 20 levels of XP crawl like everyone else, your call.

zeval31
07-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Thanks, nice ideas here, keep them coming !

The procs is really for kicks and giggles if nothing else. I quested 2 wakisashi of the frozen Skies/shadows/whatever in Stonebrunt back then. ratio was poor but it was procing ! liked it :D

Yoite
07-28-2010, 12:32 PM
there is a SK useable dagger that drops off the widowmisstress in najena, its called something something or other. shards also work on SKs, proc at 16.

guineapig
07-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Obsidian Shard. It drops in SolA actually.

Stiletto of the Bloodclaw is what you are referring to and procs at 18.

both are good sof SKs that want to proc stuff just for the hell of it.