PDA

View Full Version : Erudite sk 41 gear questions

Vertiggo
12-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Ok so the title is my char, I find myself grouping alot more lately as a tank obviously so my questions are as follows- 1) should I get rid of dark forge pieces and replace with blood ember ? The added ac seems to help from what I've been hearing but having gear with no stats as an eru is rough. 2) I have a sash of the dragonborn, but do I really need it? I mean it's almost always disease cloud that's getting my aggro so wouldn't I benefit more from say a thick banded belt? 3) I use a noct blade and an ashenbone shield and that really seems to be the best set up for me, I tried using a gfg for fear kiting but found I did better just using my sword and board for that aswell, at what point is using a 2hander necessary (aside from epic) or can I just have some cheap stuff around to keep my skill up?

Swish
12-17-2013, 02:51 AM
If you're tanking, keep the 1h+shield option going... good for bashing casters and interrupting as well as having the extra AC. If you're fear kiting and have a really good 2h, maybe use it there :p

As for stats, I'd focus on your HP/stamina above all else. As a cleric I want to know my complete heals are good value for mana. I remember being at efreeti with a dark elf warrior ages ago, and in the late 40s his HP was shockingly low compared to most tanks... it was like healing a bard :p

Not up on which blood ember pieces give out which stats, but your mana pool as an erudite is probably fine so keep working on HP/STA/AC :)

DrKvothe
12-17-2013, 09:49 AM
So fear kiting, you should be using the better ratio weapon. If it feels like the better ratio weapon isn't working as well, it's either in your head or you're out of range for too many attacks.

Noc blade ratio is 0.692. GFG is 0.806. You will do 16.35% more damage with GFG

You don't need agil past 75, you don't need any dex (your aggro isn't proc dependent), you don't really need str (dps is nice, but it's not your primary role). Stam only provides a couple hp per point, up to 4 iirc at lvl 60. Raw HP items will likely provide much more (you can check using magelo).

I think in general, if a piece of armor isn't offering a pretty large hp boost, blood ember will be an upgrade. Blood ember boots are 21 AC, Darkforge are 11 AC 3 stam.

Skittlez
12-18-2013, 02:15 AM
Ok so the title is my char, I find myself grouping alot more lately as a tank obviously so my questions are as follows- 1) should I get rid of dark forge pieces and replace with blood ember ? The added ac seems to help from what I've been hearing but having gear with no stats as an eru is rough. 2) I have a sash of the dragonborn, but do I really need it? I mean it's almost always disease cloud that's getting my aggro so wouldn't I benefit more from say a thick banded belt? 3) I use a noct blade and an ashenbone shield and that really seems to be the best set up for me, I tried using a gfg for fear kiting but found I did better just using my sword and board for that aswell, at what point is using a 2hander necessary (aside from epic) or can I just have some cheap stuff around to keep my skill up?

Keep that sash! Haste is a definite must! I decided to gear my 42 Paladin with everything besides my haste belt first and now that I have reached 42 I have been saving money for my belt. Let me tell you, I wish I would have gotten the belt first then filled in all the rest of my gear. Haste doesn't seem like a big deal, but holy shit it makes a HUGE difference.