PDA

View Full Version : EQ101 - Confused People Haven

ccs88
12-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Why hello. Just relaunching my site. It's primarily for new players and a refresher-course for returning players.

Inspired by hosting an EQ LAN and having to explain something every 5 seconds to these new-gen gamers. :D

www.eq101.org (http://www.eq101.org/)

In the videos: I know that not everyone has my UI, but 99% of it still applies.

Updating site frequently. Thanks.

Swish
12-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Part 1 - playing in full screen

I never knew you could do it that way. Awesome :)

Vermicelli
12-16-2013, 05:31 PM
You are an amazingly detailed thinker and a methodical speaker. Me gusta!

jazzer
12-16-2013, 05:46 PM
this does not work with dual monitors?

ccs88
12-16-2013, 05:55 PM
You are an amazingly detailed thinker and a methodical speaker. Me gusta!

Let's not get crazy here!

this does not work with dual monitors?

I assume you're referring to the full screen bit?

I'm guessing it would crash if you click anywhere on the non-EQ monitor, but I haven't tested it.
Windowed mode @ max resolution would be my suggestion.

jazzer
12-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Let's not get crazy here!

I assume you're referring to the full screen bit?

I'm guessing it would crash if you click anywhere on the non-EQ monitor, but I haven't tested it. Windowed mode @ max resolution would be my suggestion.

yeah it just blacks out the screen when I try. I have 3 monitors connected....would be nice if it would work though :)

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-16-2013, 06:13 PM
I would recommend explaining the friend function. Meet someone who helped you? add them to your friend list. Had fun with a particular group? Add the members to your friend list. Etc. Could be included in a discussion of how to use the /who commands.

I think my main point is, this genius of eq is mainly as a social not a solo game (not knocking soloing, you know what I mean). A little primer on making friends, finding groups, the idea of a "camp," and learning how your class works with other classes, what you do for them, what they do for you, etc.

Maybe also some basic eq etiquette -- and yes, it exists!

Reiker000
12-16-2013, 09:01 PM
I would recommend explaining the friend function. Meet someone who helped you? add them to your friend list. Had fun with a particular group? Add the members to your friend list. Etc.

Don't forget using /note to start a "shit list" of all the idiots you run into so you remember to avoid them in the future. Just as useful, if not more so.

tristantio
12-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Nice job!

Clark
12-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Nice job!

Swish
12-17-2013, 12:40 AM
Don't forget using /note to start a "shit list" of all the idiots you run into so you remember to avoid them in the future. Just as useful, if not more so.

:eek:

http://i.imgur.com/LdCm8tR.gif

Xer0
12-17-2013, 10:24 AM
yeah it just blacks out the screen when I try. I have 3 monitors connected....would be nice if it would work though :)

Im playing it on 3 displays, and as long as the game is windowed it works fine with multiple displays