PDA

View Full Version : Velious

Rulien
12-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Anyone have any idea when Velious will go live?

Erasong
12-16-2013, 01:52 PM
lol. we need more of these threads.

Emerald_keep
12-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Three hours ago, dem harthuks yo.

eqravenprince
12-16-2013, 01:56 PM
I need to get me some Crystal Caverns time in. Love that zone!

myriverse
12-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Aaaaand... now!
No!
And... now!
Hmm... now?

How 'bout now?

Nirgon
12-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Dat sneak preview? No?

kbnexus
12-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Anyone have any idea when Velious will go live?

Someone batphone Swish.

indiscriminate_hater
12-16-2013, 02:19 PM
OP's posting history: 15 posts in 4 years. velious basically confirmed

indiscriminate_hater
12-16-2013, 02:22 PM
also, FYI winter solstice is on December 21, which happens to be next saturday

Swish
12-16-2013, 02:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ptUCjk8.gif

Ahldagor
12-16-2013, 02:29 PM
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/colorado%20springs%20memes%202.jpg

Rangerboy
12-16-2013, 02:30 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:EQLive_Timeline

no date set

Rangerboy
12-16-2013, 02:31 PM
better question, when is Luclin going to be released?

skipdog
12-16-2013, 02:33 PM

Never

Messianic
12-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Last official post that included a serious Velious prediction was Rogean stating "Velious is soon on the horizon."

So basically anywhere from a month from now to a year from now is my guess based on that wording.

Swish
12-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Last official post that included a serious Velious prediction was Rogean stating "Velious is soon on the horizon."

So basically anywhere from a month from now to a year from now is my guess based on that wording.

No rush Rogean, want to get my rogue to 60 first...excellent work done by excellent volunteers etc, don't let them pressure you ;)

baalzy
12-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Root and Snare are now seperate effects (Jan. 9, 2001)

Cant wait.

Rangerboy
12-16-2013, 03:41 PM
No rush Rogean, want to get my rogue to 60 first...excellent work done by excellent volunteers etc, don't let them pressure you ;)

rush rush rush

Aeolwind
12-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Stuff to do still. Won't go into details, but there is more done than there is to do depending on how you look at it.

There are other issues non-content related 'technical' issues that are being looked at as well.

Messianic
12-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Stuff to do still. Won't go into details, but there is more done than there is to do depending on how you look at it.

There are other issues non-content related 'technical' issues that are being looked at as well.

I'd be satisfied with at least a minimum range of how much longer it will take. I.e. "No less than three months".

That said, i'm always appreciative of the quality of this server regardless how long it takes.

Rangerboy
12-16-2013, 05:09 PM
I'd be satisfied with at least a minimum range of how much longer it will take. I.e. "No less than three months".

That said, i'm always appreciative of the quality of this server regardless how long it takes.

no less than 6 months

Deadmantis
12-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Once again for your listening pleasure, the music that plays while installing Velious...

http://youtu.be/FsMmQrepT7c

Iliilliill
12-16-2013, 05:33 PM
it will happen when it happens.
probably not any time before, and I think the staff can agree it definitely won't wait until after.

any staff, confirm?

Efwan
12-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Rogean said the day before ESO launch hahaha :D

baalzy
12-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Once again for your listening pleasure, the music that plays while installing Velious...

http://youtu.be/FsMmQrepT7c

This should be posted every time RnF turns into a storm of rustled jimmies. It is quite soothing to the jimmies.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Ormargerd velermus iz beeing releesed???

Aeolwind
12-16-2013, 06:35 PM
I remember Velious (http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_3543064869&feature=iv&src_vid=iJKI1rLXNlw&v=4YJhoo23l1I)

Ahldagor
12-16-2013, 09:34 PM

http://i.imgur.com/bRWkw3S.gif

tristantio
12-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Mom, are we there yet???

Clark
12-16-2013, 11:17 PM
I need to get me some Crystal Caverns time in. Love that zone!

loved that zone

Skittlez
12-16-2013, 11:50 PM
I gave this thread 5 stars

smokingtrees
12-17-2013, 01:24 AM

+1

it's inevitable and you all know it.

webrunner5
12-17-2013, 01:40 AM

What I read into this, no Santa this year as I predicted. :eek:

Swish
12-17-2013, 01:44 AM
What I read into this, no Santa this year as I predicted. :eek:

If Rogean released Velious a few days before Christmas, a lot of TMO wouldn't be seeing their families... it's on his head :p

Zade
12-17-2013, 02:30 AM
-------|----------------------------------------------|--------------
X X
You Are Velious
Here Release Date

Scale of graph in Rogean's timeline code:

http://i.imgur.com/LJ9ZLtR.gif

trolllolol

NextGenesis88
12-17-2013, 05:18 AM
Everyone was turned into frost orcs, polar bears and manatee looking creatures in the tunnel 20 minutes ago. My game froze as if being ported or zoning when someone previously said something about port inc in the /ooc, but it crashed. I really thought everyone was being mass ported or something to somewhere cool. hah. except I was only ported to my desktop.

Wudan
12-17-2013, 06:31 AM
developers could easily prevent these Velious threads if they just put out some kind of estimate on Velious progression. People have been waiting for Velious for years, no one should be surprised they keep asking. It is the single most important thing for the server development so frankly I dont understand why is not there like a monthly update about what has been done and what is still left to do. Not very hard to do, not time consuming at all. Just a customer service that should be there for everyone to be informed....and dont tell me about how it is free and done by volunteers. It is not a reason for not informing your community about THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING going on on p99.

Xer0
12-17-2013, 07:22 AM
Everyone was turned into frost orcs, polar bears and manatee looking creatures in the tunnel 20 minutes ago. My game froze as if being ported or zoning when someone previously said something about port inc in the /ooc, but it crashed. I really thought everyone was being mass ported or something to somewhere cool. hah. except I was only ported to my desktop.

that's funny I see a frost orc named rustikk (rusticc? at EC who looks like a frost orc.

Itap
12-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Have sick/vacation time reserved for when glorious Velious drops

Swish
12-17-2013, 09:52 AM
THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING going on on p99.

http://i.imgur.com/TFkPdsD.gif

Messianic
12-17-2013, 10:02 AM
developers could easily prevent these Velious threads if they just put out some kind of estimate on Velious progression. People have been waiting for Velious for years, no one should be surprised they keep asking. It is the single most important thing for the server development so frankly I dont understand why is not there like a monthly update about what has been done and what is still left to do. Not very hard to do, not time consuming at all. Just a customer service that should be there for everyone to be informed....and dont tell me about how it is free and done by volunteers. It is not a reason for not informing your community about THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING going on on p99.

Uh, sorry, It's hard to have customer service when you don't have customers. When manhours can't be accounted for or planned on (if work is done on an as available basis), that's an obvious potential reason they cant or won't give a timeline.

Is it your job to complain about the staff and how things are run on these boards? Because you seem to do it all the damn time.

Faisca
12-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Don't expect Velious to come out before the population in prime time drop below 500.

Obwin
12-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Uh, sorry, It's hard to have customer service when you don't have customers. When manhours can't be accounted for or planned on (if work is done on an as available basis), that's an obvious potential reason they cant or won't give a timeline.

Is it your job to complain about the staff and how things are run on these boards? Because you seem to do it all the damn time.

Bravo

Crede
12-17-2013, 01:15 PM
What are the strongest classes in velious worth making?

SwordNboard
12-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Shaman, monk, enc

Dabasher
12-17-2013, 01:21 PM
assuming you plan on raiding somewhat-endgame content: monks, sk/paladins, and wizards all do quite well in velious.

Fountree
12-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Hey chill out guys, Swish and other casual players need 4-5 years at least to finish up their kunark progression. I mean, even though it only lasted less than a year on live the devs have to cater to all kinds of skill sets and player-styles on here. Fortunately this includes the noble men and women on this message board who want to slap down any sort of excitement for something that's been worked on and anticipated for years. We all salute your service.

Swish
12-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Hey chill out guys, Swish and other casual players need 4-5 years at least to finish up their kunark progression...

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-28157-Salem-cat-evil-laughter-gif-Sa-k60z.gif

Meanwhile in InflationQuest, players get to pick... :p

http://i.minus.com/i8H6CikJ29cBa.gif

Twainz
12-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Swish,

I need a gif for my sig before Velious! Hook me up!

Elements
12-17-2013, 02:50 PM

Cleric rogue necro

Splorf22
12-17-2013, 03:29 PM
there is more done than there is to do depending on how you look at it.

So another 3 years? :D

This sounds reasonable, but it really isn't. I really don't see why Nilbog just doesn't post his todo list. And if anyone bitches about his progress, ban them. Something like

Zone: Skyshine: pathing 'ok', factions 'complete', loot 'not started' etc

would be fucking fantastic.

SwordNboard
12-17-2013, 03:43 PM

Rangers too!

Swish
12-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Swish,

I need a gif for my sig before Velious! Hook me up!

PM me, what are you looking for exactly? :p

Swish
12-17-2013, 04:11 PM
This sounds reasonable, but it really isn't. I really don't see why Nilbog just doesn't post his todo list. And if anyone bitches about his progress, ban them. Something like

Zone: Skyshine: pathing 'ok', factions 'complete', loot 'not started' etc

would be fucking fantastic.

In theory this would be great. But what if you saw no progress from nilbog after 2-3 weeks because he's got other RL shit to do? I'd call that added pressure... it'll get here, people just need to be patient. If they released it tonight with bugs and exploits the community wouldn't be too happy.

If anyone wants to glance through Velious zones etc there's other servers available, try PEQ or The Hidden Forest.

indiscriminate_hater
12-17-2013, 04:12 PM
I'd rather be surprised about velious dropping. On a server where everything about the game has already been figured out and categorized it would be nice to have something to still be excited about and surprised by. Updates on progress would ruin this.

skipdog
12-17-2013, 04:19 PM
I don't quite understand what you all think you will gain by seeing his to-do list or timetable. Some of you act like it is this huge deal to see this to-do list and I don't quite follow.

What is it exactly that you are going to do after seeing this to-do list and how does that improve your quality of life in a meaningful manner? Do you just 'really wanna know really really bad'? I just don't quite understand how Nilbog revealing his timetable/to-do list would help anyone. I only see it aggravating folks and putting more pressure on the developers.

Swish
12-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Seeing a timetable doesn't change the release date etc. People frothing at the mouth for Velious only reinforces the opinion that people are happy to wait because they want it so much :)

Enjoying my Kunark progression (as Fountree suggested).

One thing we do know for certain? Velious prices on "first" loot are going to be so cray cray...if you're all playing InflationQuest to be as near the top as possible you'll still likely be disappointed in what you can buy for your money in the first 2-3 weeks.

this user was banned
12-17-2013, 04:26 PM
December 5, 2000

Swish
12-17-2013, 04:27 PM
December 5, 2000

Releasing it on any other day? Not classic.

December 5, 2014? ... classic ;)

Lojik
12-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Releasing it on any other day? Not classic.

December 5, 3000? ... classic ;)

FTFY

Splorf22
12-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Basically I'd just like to see a rough idea (6 months, 12 months, years still, etc). And a todo-list might give people who want to contribute some traction.

Reguiy
12-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Basically I'd just like to see a rough idea (6 months, 12 months, years still, etc). And a todo-list might give people who want to contribute some traction.

Sirken gave us a rough estimate a while ago. I'm not sure if he was authorized to do so or not though. He said beta should be out by the end of the year~.

Splorf22
12-17-2013, 05:03 PM
That's lookin pretty unlikely at this point.

Swish
12-17-2013, 05:06 PM
... and that's why they don't put timetables up ;)

Patience, think how happy everyone will be when it does launch.

JerSar
12-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Putting up a to do list might add even more time to the release date because compiling the data into a forum post (if they have one) would take time and energy away from actual development.

Go watch Sirken's YouTube videos for updates and discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKcqW3dW35M

baalzy
12-17-2013, 05:12 PM
. If they released it tonight with bugs and exploits the community wouldn't be too happy.

Depends what portion of the community you're talking about. I'm sure plenty of the server wouldn't mind exploiting the heck out of stuff to their advantage until they're satisfied and then reporting it as soon as someone else figures it out.

Tiggles
12-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Velious is never coming out.

It's 3 years late.

Also, the top guilds are so over geared now all raid content will be monopolized with in the first 24 hours

MaximiusM
12-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Also, the top guilds are so over geared now all raid content will be monopolized with in the first 24 hours

This complaint is the only classic thing in the thread.

Reguiy
12-17-2013, 06:21 PM
That's lookin pretty unlikely at this point.

It's basically looking just as likely as it did 6 months ago when he gave that estimate. Since we don't get updates we have no reason to believe that it's not the case.

webrunner5
12-17-2013, 06:59 PM
-------|----------------------------------------------|--------------
X X
You Are Velious
Here Release Date

Scale of graph in Rogean's timeline code:

http://i.imgur.com/LJ9ZLtR.gif

trolllolol

If we are to believe Zade's graph looks like about 12 years more to go lol. :eek:

Tantrix
12-18-2013, 01:06 AM
Velious is never coming out.

It's 3 years late.

Top guilds are only geared with the best items Kunark can offer...how can they be "over geared" when the next expansion goes live?

Telin
12-18-2013, 01:22 AM
Let us gather the Velium from these icy lands to strengthen and sharpen our blades for battle. For the glory of the Frostweavers and in honor of the survivors of Froststone, may we defend Thurgadin against the barbaric Kromrif clan for all eternity!

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-18-2013, 03:03 AM
Sadre is wise. All ogres, trolls, gnomes, dwarves, and any other race that is not just a OCD neckbearded greedhead knows:

Velious 2015! Revamp Kunark!

reppa
12-18-2013, 06:51 AM
Someone start a kickstarter for this. Line dev"s pockets with monies for them sweet sweet velious pixels!

Wudan
12-18-2013, 07:21 AM

I dont think you get my point. Im not trying to complain although I do realize my post may come across that way. I was not asking for exact timeline of Velious progression either. What I was trying to say was that giving the community a simple information about the progression of Velious development would be very helpfull and win/win for everyone.Maybe just put up a % graph or something...anything. But maybe you just enjoy seeing new Velious thread every day and the endless speculation that comes with it....whatever.

baalzy
12-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Top guilds are only geared with the best items Kunark can offer...how can they be "over geared" when the next expansion goes live?

When Velious came out less than a year after Kunark during classic. When everything was unknown and epics had to be figured out. Mob strategies had to be created and people didn't have a wealth of max level characters. Very few, if any, guilds were even at the point of killing anything in VP when Velious landed and I bet noone had best-in-slot for kunark level items when Velious came out.

Basically, there is no build up time it'll simply be a race to the mob. All you really need are 10 clerics capable of right-clicking every 20 seconds (CH landing every 2 seconds), one tank, and a competent group to handle adds to take out any raid target. After you have that it really just depends on how many people you can safely throw at the mob without losing agro.

Itap
12-18-2013, 01:52 PM
When Velious came out less than a year after Kunark during classic. When everything was unknown and epics had to be figured out. Mob strategies had to be created and people didn't have a wealth of max level characters. Very few, if any, guilds were even at the point of killing anything in VP when Velious landed and I bet noone had best-in-slot for kunark level items when Velious came out.

Basically, there is no build up time it'll simply be a race to the mob. All you really need are 10 clerics capable of right-clicking every 20 seconds (CH landing every 2 seconds), one tank, and a competent group to handle adds to take out any raid target. After you have that it really just depends on how many people you can safely throw at the mob without losing agro.

Pretty much this. The only thing most people will have to look forward too is kunark content once velious drops. The bottlenecks of epics ect will be lifted

Dabasher
12-18-2013, 02:15 PM
I disagree, there's a lot for the semi-hardcore to look forward to in Velious. Not much of a bottleneck on Thurg/PoG armor, or even SS/Kael armor since those areas can all handle multiple groups/raids. Sure Tormax, Dain, etc. will have a bottleneck, but a lot of content will be available to everyone.

Nirgon
12-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Can we get a kick starter going to end threads like this

loramin
12-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Pretty much this. The only thing most people will have to look forward too is kunark content once velious drops. The bottlenecks of epics ect will be lifted

I think too many people here think Everquest = high end raiding. Maybe it does for them, but I don't think "most people" feel that way. In fact, I'm certain: if you do some "/who all"s anytime, I can guarantee you the majority of the server isn't in VP. In fact, the majority isn't even in zones with raid content.

You have to remember that Everquest is full of non-high-end raid content, and Velious is no exception. Two examples:

Coldain Prayer Shawl - This quest will keep even the most hard-core player busy for awhile (one simply cannot farm all the tradeskill items that fast)
Plane of Mischief - Again, hours and hours of non-raid content

I spent a ton of time playing during Velious, and never joined a high-end raiding guild, thus I'm quite certain that a great deal of non-raid content exists in it. So please, enough of these "OMG Sleeper's is going to be owned by TMO, therefore the expansion is worthless" type comments.

Itap
12-18-2013, 04:25 PM
I think too many people here think Everquest = high end raiding. Maybe it does for them, but I don't think "most people" feel that way. In fact, I'm certain: if you do some "/who all"s anytime, I can guarantee you the majority of the server isn't in VP. In fact, the majority isn't even in zones with raid content.

There is a reason for this. I'm sure many people who aren't keyed for VP would like to experience raiding it. After all, this server gives people a chance to experience content that they never got to back in the early 2000's, right? But no trak teeth = no VP. And guess who has been killing trak for the past 2+ years consistently up until recently?

So please, enough of these "OMG Sleeper's is going to be owned by TMO, therefore the expansion is worthless" type comments.

Don't ridicule me, I was simply agreeing with Baalzy as far as Velious raiding. Kunark has been out for over 2 years, there are hundreds of geared 60's, and everyone knows how to kill everything.

As a matter of fact, why are you even chiming in on this subject? You didn't raid back then, you don't raid now, yet you're commenting on raiding.

JerSar
12-18-2013, 04:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd3U3U_PcHc

Soon TM

kbnexus
12-18-2013, 04:28 PM
There is a reason for this. I'm sure many people who aren't keyed for VP would like to experience raiding it. After all, this server gives people a chance to experience content that they never got to back in the early 2000's, right? But no trak teeth = no VP. And guess who has been killing trak for the past 2+ years consistently up until recently?

themysticalorder.net
Feel free to app.

Itap
12-18-2013, 04:29 PM
themysticalorder.net
Feel free to app.

Perhaps I will, Alarti

Itap
12-18-2013, 04:33 PM

Soon TM

Please change "Are you ready?" to "Is your body ready?"

Dabasher
12-18-2013, 04:33 PM

Soon TM

Nice promo, though music from Gates of Discord might not have been the best choice.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-18-2013, 04:42 PM

You have to remember that Everquest is full of non-high-end raid content, and Velious is no exception. Two examples:

Coldain Prayer Shawl - This quest will keep even the most hard-core player busy for awhile (one simply cannot farm all the tradeskill items that fast)
Plane of Mischief - Again, hours and hours of non-raid content

I spent a ton of time playing during Velious, and never joined a high-end raiding guild, thus I'm quite certain that a great deal of non-raid content exists in it. So please, enough of these "OMG Sleeper's is going to be owned by TMO, therefore the expansion is worthless" type comments.

Even people who go to VP don't stay in VP. That shit is dangerous and hard to get out of :P

It's funny, too, because without the training rules in VP the entire zone would stay non-see invis and everything would just be pulled to zone in like before :P

edit: Also, shawl is very quick. Dire wolf pelt combine is the only somewhat hard combine due to trivials.

2nd edit: Tell me how those non raiders are getting to the back of NTOV again please.

loramin
12-18-2013, 04:54 PM
You didn't raid back then, you don't raid now, yet you're commenting on raiding.

Actually, I did/do raid (just not high-end), but that's irrelevant as I wasn't commenting on raiding, I was commenting on Velious. Well, actually I was commenting on your comment, which was about "most people", Velious, and your assumption that the former would only care about the high end raid content in the latter.

Since I spent a great deal of time in Velious I certainly do feel qualified to comment about it (as if one needed qualifications to comment on anything in these forums).

The only thing most people
You weren't most people then, you're not most people now, yet you're commenting on the opinions of most people. See how I turned that around there? ;)

Don't ridicule me
I wasn't trying to ridicule anyone (and I'm still not, though I admit that last sentence comes kinda close). I was simply attacking the idea that you expressed that the only thing that matters in Velious (or EQ in general for that matter) is high-end raid content. While your post was the most recent to express that idea, you are certainly not the only person on this forum who forgets that the vast majority of EQ players spend their time doing something other than raiding high-end content.

loramin
12-18-2013, 04:57 PM
edit: Also, shawl is very quick. Dire wolf pelt combine is the only somewhat hard combine due to trivials.

I guess you and I have very different memories of the shawl. I remember just farming the components to make the combines to get the skill to even start the quests taking a huge amount of time.

2nd edit: Tell me how those non raiders are getting to the back of NTOV again please.

Since I never said that or anything close to it I'm not sure how I could say it again.

Itap
12-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Actually, I did/do raid (just not high-end), but that's irrelevant as I wasn't commenting on raiding, I was commenting on Velious. Well, actually I was commenting on your comment, which was about "most people", Velious, and your assumption that the former would only care about the high end raid content in the latter.

Since I spent a great deal of time in Velious I certainly do feel qualified to comment about it (as if one needed qualifications to comment on anything in these forums).

You weren't most people then, you're not most people now, yet you're commenting on the opinions of most people. See how I turned that around there? ;)

I wasn't trying to ridicule anyone (and I'm still not, though I admit that last sentence comes kinda close). I was simply attacking the idea that you expressed that the only thing that matters in Velious (or EQ in general for that matter) is high-end raid content. While your post was the most recent to express that idea, you are certainly not the only person on this forum who forgets that the vast majority of EQ players spend their time doing something other than raiding high-end content.

You commented on my comment about another comment, way to take what I say out of context. You have become better at ForumQuest (1)

Laugher
12-18-2013, 05:00 PM
VEriOUS

Aeolwind
12-18-2013, 05:16 PM

That is actually easy. Getting to the house isn't that difficult if you are smart.

Tantrix
12-18-2013, 05:26 PM

Well yeah, I get that...but it's always gonna be a race to the mob, with the top raiding guilds competing with each other. But, I'm ok with that because I'm not with a guild so if I want in I'll just join whichever guild that is raiding the content I wish to do.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-18-2013, 05:38 PM
I guess you and I have very different memories of the shawl. I remember just farming the components to make the combines to get the skill to even start the quests taking a huge amount of time.

Since I never said that or anything close to it I'm not sure how I could say it again.

The entrance to POM is the tiny house in the back of NTOV. One could follow a guild clearing NTOV (and certainly if kunark is any indication that shit will be cleared 24/7) but it does require you to be present for the raid that isn't your guilds.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-18-2013, 05:39 PM
That is actually easy. Getting to the house isn't that difficult if you are smart.

I'd be willing to hear it. It's floppable by fd classes, but most of that shit sees invis. A DA class with a DA idol with sow on could probably get there on a full pop? But still, very risky.

kbnexus
12-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Even people who go to VP don't stay in VP. That shit is dangerous and hard to get out of :P

It's funny, too, because without the training rules in VP the entire zone would stay non-see invis and everything would just be pulled to zone in like before :P

TMO Coth chain to PoM 100k per coth.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-18-2013, 05:49 PM
TMO Coth chain to PoM 100k per coth.

Gods be praised!

loramin
12-18-2013, 05:52 PM
The entrance to POM is the tiny house in the back of NTOV. One could follow a guild clearing NTOV (and certainly if kunark is any indication that shit will be cleared 24/7) but it does require you to be present for the raid that isn't your guilds.

Ah, ok now I see what you're getting at (was mistakenly thinking about the zone-in in Great Divide). Still, as you and Aeolwind have both stated, it certainly doesn't require being in TMO (or a similar guild) to get there, and even if it did Velious has a lot more to offer non-TMO types than just the shawl and PoM (those were just two examples I came up with).

HeallunRumblebelly
12-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Ah, ok now I see what you're getting at (was mistakenly thinking about the zone-in in Great Divide). Still, as you and Aeolwind have both stated, it certainly doesn't require being in TMO (or a similar guild) to get there, and even if it did Velious has a lot more to offer non-TMO types than just the shawl and PoM (those were just two examples I came up with).

Ring up to 9, shawl to 7, quest armors (probably be plenty of HoT pugs after a while), epics for those who will now be able to do their epics, nature's defender for all the tunareadins, eyepatch of plunder, willsapper for da warriors, and getting a bfg / holgresh beads before they are removed.

Did I miss anything of value for non raiders? There's always farming: 7/6 dragons, giant quests, etc. But those are usually means to an end. I wonder how much the first pair of white dragonscale boots will sell for :p

cyryllis
12-18-2013, 06:15 PM
i think you are all missing the best part of velious- crystal caverns and dragons necropolis - super fun zones to exp / farm in for the non raider

baalzy
12-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Ring up to 9, shawl to 7, quest armors (probably be plenty of HoT pugs after a while), epics for those who will now be able to do their epics, nature's defender for all the tunareadins, eyepatch of plunder, willsapper for da warriors, and getting a bfg / holgresh beads before they are removed.

Did I miss anything of value for non raiders? There's always farming: 7/6 dragons, giant quests, etc. But those are usually means to an end. I wonder how much the first pair of white dragonscale boots will sell for :p

bfg?

HeallunRumblebelly
12-18-2013, 06:28 PM
bfg?

gnasher. knockback clicky ranged item. lemme find you a link dog.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4970

Because sometimes you have to make your own pathing exploits :3

HeallunRumblebelly
12-18-2013, 06:29 PM
i think you are all missing the best part of velious- crystal caverns and dragons necropolis - super fun zones to exp / farm in for the non raider

CC, velks, DN, SG all good zones...but we're all 60 and have been for some time. Especially with account sales being what they were, people who were at all motivated have the characters they want :p

cyryllis
12-18-2013, 06:33 PM
CC, velks, DN, SG all good zones...but we're all 60 and have been for some time. Especially with account sales being what they were, people who were at all motivated have the characters they want :p

plenty of people are not 60 and I look forward to leveling alts in those zones as well

HeallunRumblebelly
12-18-2013, 06:34 PM
plenty of people are not 60 and I look forward to leveling alts in those zones as well

Yes but what about ME and MY problems? Let's stick to important topics here, please.

Aeolwind
12-18-2013, 06:47 PM

Aside from the flowers there really isn't much for raiding guilds in Mischief. Spot/situational item here and there, but that is about it. It is a fun zone, but definitely not 'lock down & out' status. And the armor is really nice if you aren't raiding, but not easier to acquire than TOV/Kael armor.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-18-2013, 06:57 PM
aeolwind post incoming

...soothsayer, what else do you see in the steam o_O

RiffDaemon
12-19-2013, 12:12 AM
gnasher. knockback clicky ranged item. lemme find you a link dog.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4970

Because sometimes you have to make your own pathing exploits :3

Haha, wow. First time I've ever heard of the BFG 9000 being in this game.

Swish
12-19-2013, 12:25 AM
...soothsayer, what else do you see in the steam o_O

stonez138
12-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Especially with account sales being what they were, people who were at all motivated have the characters they want

You mean except for those of us with class and character that would never buy/sell an account.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-19-2013, 01:43 AM
You mean except for those of us with class and character that would never buy/sell an account.

Much like the raid rules here, you play by the rules provided for you at the time. They were allowed then, people did it often then. With the raid situation being what it was and now especially is, anyone who didn't purchase an alt or two to park places were simply unable to raid targets on that level. Still doesn't change much with how quickly one can powerlevel a rogue and how cheap they are to gear.

Tecmos Deception
12-19-2013, 08:55 AM
The only thing most people will have to look forward too is kunark content once velious drops.

It's a shame that you weak-minded folk have let the WoW way of MMOing take over your hopes and dreams.

heazels
12-19-2013, 09:08 AM

actually you need 5 tanks for defensive rotations since defensive refreshes every 15 minutes and last 3 minutes. Also they need to be iksar warriors if you plan to one day take down avatar of war

Lojik
12-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Also they need to be iksar warriors if you plan to one day take down avatar of war

wat

HeallunRumblebelly
12-19-2013, 11:40 AM
wat

He's referring to p99's stellar ac formula, of course :p

That said, I suppose it's...okay. Kegz showed us what a truly shitty server can be. P99 is p goog.

blondeattk
12-19-2013, 03:12 PM
ahh yes ye olde blam stick!

quality stuff)

Quote:

Blam Stick Velious - eBay
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Blam-Stick-Velious
Find great deals on eBay on Blam Stick Velious.

/cough

koros
12-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Blam stick is just slightly better than a 12/20 at 60, not exactly raid guild worthy.

Swish
12-19-2013, 05:21 PM
All the twinks will have one though :p

baalzy
12-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Blam stick is just slightly better than a 12/20 at 60, not exactly raid guild worthy.

It's pretty BA for that Shm slow tanking dragons in WW though. Two-handed damage in one-hand form.

webrunner5
12-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Oh come on people. Velioius will be a Rape Fest with all the Uber gear the top guilds have now. Big problem since Kunark has been out as long as it has. It will NOT be Classic. :( It will be the same crap as here now. Top mobs will drop in 30 seconds.

Spitty
12-19-2013, 06:17 PM
You...uh, you didn't spend much time in original Velious, did you?

Find me a guild that can knock out even Vindicator in 30 seconds with Kunark gear and I'll eat this wool skullcap I'm wearing.

That's 100 people doing a sustained average of 100dps, without fucking up the healing and aggro.

That's not even a "top mob". That's a low-hp, low-hitting non-caster pansypants in Velious terms.

Towards the end of Velious, we were knocking off ol' Vindi in less than a minute but that's after farming the daylights out of NToV and only because Vindi was an annoying speedbump on the way to barb masks.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-19-2013, 06:20 PM
You...uh, you didn't spend much time in original Velious, did you?

Find me a guild that can knock out even Vindicator in 30 seconds with Kunark gear and I'll eat this wool skullcap I'm wearing.

That's 100 people doing a sustained average of 100dps, without fucking up the healing and aggro.

That's not even a "top mob". That's a low-hp, low-hitting non-caster pansypants in Velious terms.

Towards the end of Velious, we were knocking off ol' Vindi in less than a minute but that's after farming the daylights out of NToV and only because Vindi was an annoying speedbump on the way to barb masks.

Depends how resists are. Resists were omg wtf insanity in velious until right near the very end (may have been changed early luclin--can't remember). Caster dps sans bane/lures were near pointless and 5 shamans going for the slow post debuff with a weaponshield sacrafice wasn't uncommon.

Spitty
12-19-2013, 06:56 PM
You're totally right. I couldn't slow for shit in Velious until a bit before Luclin. Suicide shaman was an actual raid staff position.

webrunner5
12-19-2013, 08:59 PM
I still think Velious will be a lot more different than we remembered because of how long Kunark has been out here. It can not be the same no matter what people remember. I have been playing this game nearly everyday since early 2000. I am retired and have LOTS of time to do it.

And I am a big fan of you Spitty. We just agree to disagree.

kbnexus
12-19-2013, 10:36 PM
I still think Velious will be a lot more different than we remembered because of how long Kunark has been out here. It can not be the same no matter what people remember. I have been playing this game nearly everyday since early 2000. I am retired and have LOTS of time to do it.

And I am a big fan of you Spitty. We just agree to disagree.

You are right, spitty is very wrong. Live will be nothing like here.