PDA

View Full Version : Chanter PvP strategies and tips

Something'Witty
12-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Hey all,

I am relatively new to the chanter class (lvl 60 on red but only have played the last few months) and looking for some pro PvP strategies and tips. Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

Nytch
12-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Tash/Mez/Run

williestargell
12-16-2013, 04:44 PM
keep bedlam up, then you can't be stunned by melee for a few hits, gives you time to get the hell out.

Get a wand of allure, insta-click charm, and charm your opponent if desparate.

MR is huge in pvp. You have the advantage there. Wear MR gear and keep GRM up when travelling.

Don't actually try to kill people solo, if you get jumped, the object is escape.

Nirgon
12-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Smh

Something'Witty
12-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Let me clarify my original post.

I know all the basics, but the basics don't cut it on on R99. I am looking for advice from the pros. Like strategies for particular classes in 1v1 fights, best way to actually kill someone given our DPS, which spells are worthless / invaluable in PvP, and so forth.

Oh and don't think I am asking for a "chanters for dummies" guide. I could continue to learn and adjust after each PvP encounter, but given the chanters versatility and large number of spells, I am hoping that y'all can throw some knowledge my way.

williestargell
12-17-2013, 04:37 PM
If you're an enchanter and actually WANT to 1v1 fight you're a little bit nuts. Everything you do is based on magic - and MR is the primary stat to load up on in PvP so you are at an extreme disadvantage. Sure you can ambush some stupid people that have low MR, but as soon as you run into someone that isn't a moron, you're going to be in trouble.

However, there is one winning strat that can sometimes overcome high MR. Charm your opponent with Dictate (level restrictions apply) and make him attack a high level mob(s). This is good in dungeons when roomfuls of mobs are handy that you can sick him on. Outside you could have a mob rooted and waiting to do your killing for you.

Something'Witty
12-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Can't charm players on red

williestargell
12-17-2013, 05:57 PM
well that blows...then my first advice stands...run away

Zalaerian
12-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Get inny shield. Proceed to shit on everyone. No inny shield...ehhhh tash drain clerics spam mez for interupts