PDA

View Full Version : East Commonlands Tunnel

Coridan
12-14-2013, 08:20 AM
It's awesome that we use EC tunnel for all our auctions (I know some live servers would use GFay, which is lame), but I don't get why everyone stands at the mouth of tunnel. When I played on Tribunal everyone hung out by Shady. Just seems more appropriate, and easier to tell people where you were since there were some actual landmarks.

Sckrilla
12-14-2013, 08:39 AM
easier to tell people where you were since there were some actual landmarks.
..because telling someone you're at 'tunnel ent' followed by a /tar *name* is hard?

eqravenprince
12-14-2013, 08:40 AM
This is a reason EQ is/was so special. Every server had something unique about it. On Torvonillous, the EC tunnel was exactly like it is here.

eqravenprince
12-14-2013, 08:42 AM
..because telling someone you're at 'tunnel ent' followed by a /tar *name* is hard?

Never even thought about doing that, I have a hard time finding someone in the tunnel sometimes. Didn't think Target pointed you towards the target, maybe if you follow that command with /autofollow.

Telin
12-14-2013, 08:53 AM
My original server never used the tunnel. We used north Freeport for bank and more vendor access. I liked it that music plays there and that overall you have more to do and see. Evil races I think had some issues but ran to the yard behind the jade.

Lisset
12-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Brell was close to this except people would always use "first torch" and "second torch" as landmarks.

Thulack
12-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Brell was close to this except people would always use "first torch" and "second torch" as landmarks.

myriverse
12-14-2013, 11:40 AM
It's awesome that we use EC tunnel for all our auctions (I know some live servers would use GFay, which is lame), but I don't get why everyone stands at the mouth of tunnel. When I played on Tribunal everyone hung out by Shady. Just seems more appropriate, and easier to tell people where you were since there were some actual landmarks.
"Tunnel ent" is just as much of landmark as Shady or T1 (first torch) or whatever. Tunnel entrance is more convenient than going all the way to Shady.

Never understood the GFay alternative on some servers, but if it weren't for MM, I'd propose sinking Faydwer... worthless pile of dung it is.

Never even thought about doing that, I have a hard time finding someone in the tunnel sometimes. Didn't think Target pointed you towards the target, maybe if you follow that command with /autofollow.
It doesn't point you, and follow only works if you're grouped.

Obwin
12-14-2013, 11:48 AM
I motion to move auction area to North Freeport where it was on the most classic of servers! (Mithaniel Marr)

radditsu
12-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Gfay 4 life. Hardcore servers ran faymart.

Honestly gfay prob evolved due to the amount of elves dorfs and gnomes with good classes compared to humans and darkies.

webrunner5
12-14-2013, 11:58 AM
I motion to move auction area to North Freeport where it was on the most classic of servers! (Mithaniel Marr)

And you expect every evil race or KoS person to run the sewers to get there?? Crazy man. :( Or die trying.

sabinrf24
12-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Yeah, on Tribunal I remember merchants being lined up on the wall a lot more cleanly, much less clutter.

Good memories but nothing more, was different everywhere :)

Obwin
12-14-2013, 12:03 PM
And you expect every evil race or KoS person to run the sewers to get there?? Crazy man. :( Or die trying.

I was ogre and never minded hanging out in sewer. People were always dueling and shooting the shit in the sewers. Goods hung out behind the Jade Tiger watching Xarn chase gnomes around.

radditsu
12-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Nfp or fay is a better idea than the tunnels imo

Swish
12-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Y'all hating on the evil races... keep it where it is :p

Telin
12-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Y'all hating on the evil races... keep it where it is :p

Those evil races always expect us elves to go in those dirty caves.

myriverse
12-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Feh. It's safer for you guys in the caves than GFay is for us. The caves are a nice, cozy, neutral place.

Telin
12-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Well even though I'm from Kelethin I wouldn't expect everyone to go there. I'm in for NFP. If an evil race dies getting there than Norrath just gets a little less ugly. Everyone wins!

Itap
12-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Should sell/buy in cabilis IMO. Iksar are the master race

Emile
12-14-2013, 02:35 PM
3rd torch is for the big dawgs

Thulack
12-14-2013, 02:40 PM
3rd torch is for the big dawgs

3rd torch is like Alaska to the lower 48.

hurt
12-14-2013, 02:55 PM
I always thought Gfay made more sense.

1) Port in zone
2) Bank in zone
3) Bind in zone
4) Vendors in zone

Thulack
12-14-2013, 02:58 PM
I always thought Gfay made more sense.

1) Port in zone
2) Bank in zone
3) Bind in zone
4) Vendors in zone

for good races. EC 2 zones from good bank, 2 zones from bad bank..... no where else can you get that. and yes can bank around corner etc. but not ever knows that know or knew that 14 years ago. More places to hunt and collect stuff around EC too.

indiscriminate_hater
12-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Can't train griffons in gay, I mean gfay

Atmas
12-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Gfay 4 life. Hardcore servers ran faymart.

Honestly gfay prob evolved due to the amount of elves dorfs and gnomes with good classes compared to humans and darkies.

Gbay. Actually had a port into it.

NextGenesis88
12-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Gbay. that's awesome. :D

SirAlvarex
12-14-2013, 08:45 PM
How many Crushbone belts is it to get to non-KoS? I forget, but wasn't it like 100 or so? Those used to sell for a few PP, so it also helped the newbies out since CB was right next door.

Added benefit of once you complete the quests for faction, darkies now have a place on all continents to bank.

Tasslehofp99
12-14-2013, 09:44 PM
On Prexus there were normally people selling in Gfay, EC, AND North Freeport.

webrunner5
12-14-2013, 09:58 PM
On Prexus there were normally people selling in Gfay, EC, AND North Freeport.

No wonder they combined it!! :eek:

applesauce25r624
12-14-2013, 10:29 PM
i like the mouth of the tunnel because I can see the sky

nawcor
12-14-2013, 11:46 PM
I remember on Veeshan the spot to be was NFP as well. All the evil races either stayed in the sewer or ran up and stayed in the yard behind the jade inn (i think it is called?)

I always wanted to get into the locked door in the bank and ended up getting stuck in there ><

Telin
12-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Are a group of you going to make the first move to NFP?

Obwin
12-15-2013, 02:32 AM
I always wanted to get into the locked door in the bank and ended up getting stuck in there ><

The fact that this can happen is what makes eq so great. So much mystery/adventure and fml moments.

planeofdreams
12-15-2013, 08:55 PM
I think Morell-Thule was basically as it is on P99. Always hit up East commonlands.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Cazic Thule was EC but I also remember Gfay having some bumpin business in the beginning too.

Like was said earlier, we also had a large number of people by the stalls but that was because the entrance/t1/t2 were usually clogged when there were 250+ in zone.

I have fond memories of having to run through the tunnel staring at the ground and having maybe 1 fp every two seconds.

Nocsucow
12-15-2013, 10:51 PM
on bertoxx it was EC and we had 200 people in zone at all times

Itap
12-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Cazic Thule was EC but I also remember Gfay having some bumpin business in the beginning too.

Like was said earlier, we also had a large number of people by the stalls but that was because the entrance/t1/t2 were usually clogged when there were 250+ in zone.

I have fond memories of having to run through the tunnel staring at the ground and having maybe 1 fp every two seconds.

I played CT also, was EC from Kunark +

I remember farming HQ bear skins in that zone for my MoSS

August
12-16-2013, 02:49 PM
I was Quellious - T1 was the hot spot there, or should I say ACROSS from t1 was the hot spot. That's where Tigerstyle & Veebee (the two biggest cats) sat.

When I played on Fippy, Shady is where it was at. I'd never seen that before (played Quell, The Combine, Veeshan) and really digged it. I think it might have arisen from the prolific training of sergeant slate that went on there - safer to be in the underbelly of the tunnel.

I developed a sense of safety at shady and even now that's where I'd like to sit (and I've tried to). Now everyone here when I say 'shady' says 'lol i'm at t1 i can't move'.

Bring back Shady p99!!!

Messianic
12-16-2013, 02:58 PM
NFP would be sweet if people would learn how flipping simple the sewer system is, or even Gfay. Yeah, evils can't bank nearby. Most mules are designed not to bank anyhow. Might as well be in the same zone as a port *and* a bank.

Even Misty would work better than EC from a logistical standpoint.

Maybe some super-rich individuals/guilds could pay people some amount of pp per hour to start to migrate to a better location so people start to congregate in better locations...

baalzy
12-16-2013, 03:04 PM
NFP would be sweet if people would learn how flipping simple the sewer system is, or even Gfay. Yeah, evils can't bank nearby. Most mules are designed not to bank anyhow. Might as well be in the same zone as a port *and* a bank.

Even Misty would work better than EC from a logistical standpoint.

Maybe some super-rich individuals/guilds could pay people some amount of pp per hour to start to migrate to a better location so people start to congregate in better locations...

WC isn't that far away and it can be ported into by both Druids & Wizards, gives quick access to Neriak & NFP so almost everyone can bank and I think it's relatively easy for an iksar to get faction to bank in Neriak. Sure, the mules may not ever be going to the bank but if you're a lowbie wanting to sell/buy stuff and not just twinking out your 6th char, EC makes a lot more sense to me then gfay.

ctechguy
12-16-2013, 03:15 PM
That tunnel sure has a purty little mouth...

Crede
12-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Never understood the GFay alternative on some servers, but if it weren't for MM, I'd propose sinking Faydwer... worthless pile of dung it is.

Best bedtime music, that treehouse you could only dream of having as a child, unforgettable epic trains, a way that made chess exciting, and the only chance you'll ever get to swim with a mermaid.

Never suggest such a ridiculous idea.

Telin
12-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Best bedtime music, that treehouse you could only dream of having as a child, unforgettable epic trains, a way that made chess exciting, and the only chance you'll ever get to swim with a mermaid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NBSmT4JwKM

Ahldagor
12-16-2013, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NBSmT4JwKM

so much worry of orcs in that dark forest expressed through song. still good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEpz9IY-7Fs

Vandy
12-16-2013, 09:57 PM

Yea I remember it being in NFP on Mith Marr, always had to meet the evils in the sewers

Clark
12-16-2013, 11:13 PM
My old server was NFP. Think I like the tunnles best though.

myriverse
12-17-2013, 08:00 AM

I never wanted a treehouse as a child. There's never going to be a zombie apocalypse (ever!), but you never know about those trees. And building homes in them is just asking for death.

And trains are exactly what you don't want in a commerce area.

SwordNboard
12-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Xev used EC and Gfay although EC was the 'main' area. You could actually skim a little plat buying in one place then porting over and playing the other mini market.

Tierael
12-17-2013, 08:25 AM

Yea I remember it being in NFP on Mith Marr, always had to meet the evils in the sewers

Name on live? I was a Mithaniel Marr player.

Jimjam
12-17-2013, 08:27 AM
People seemed a lot happier to buy/sell lower quality equipment back in the day. I remember GFay had plenty of people selling banded and bronze armour, plus the various loots from Faydwer. Especially mino axes!

Between Crushbone, Mistmoore and Unrest it is a pretty decent continent to play, especially before/early Kunark release (particularly for people more interested in playing and getting a quick sale).

On this server, there is a stronger bias to the top heavy, people know a lot more, and lowbies are less afraid to ask for ports, all these factors erode the value of a faymart.

Obwin
12-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Name on live? I was a Mithaniel Marr player.

Obwin - enchanter and later Bassha the ogre warrior. I was a member of <wisdom> and later <deadly virtues> quit a few weeks after SoL.

Vandy
12-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Obwin - enchanter and later Bassha the ogre warrior. I was a member of <wisdom> and later <deadly virtues> quit a few weeks after SoL.

Mith Marr !!!!!

Kelthoff, Kaewen

Season of Eternity, Age of Auxilium, Sphaera !!!

Obwin
12-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Awesome, recognize the guilds for sure. It's been so long all names look familiar but I can't place a lot of them. Glad there are still some old mith marr people around. Just started playing here myself.

Kutsumo
12-17-2013, 05:57 PM
On Emarr, it was all EC. You'd find traders lined up at each torch plus around shady. People were usually dueling around tunnel ent and that stayed pretty clear. Nobody duels here.

Dabasher
12-17-2013, 06:00 PM
On Tunare it was Gfay (Gbay), and I fucking loved it. I played a dark elf and had to massacre crushbone for a couple days, but after that I was good to go and could bank in Kelethin. People used to stand around the bank platform and the music + people occasionally falling to death was great entertainment. I also recall dueling on the platforms around the bank being more prevalent, but that was just random people being bored.

I'd much rather have Gfay be the zone, but know that isn't going to happen on P99. Funny, when I played on live it wasn't until like early-2001 that I heard rumor of EC being the auction zone on other servers. I remember thinking that sounded so weird, because on Tunare EC was a sparsely populated zone most people ignored.

One thing I do remember, and am curious to see if it happens on P99, was Thurgadin becoming somewhat of a challenge to Gfay during the height of Velious popularity. I think because everyone was binding there and it seemed like a logical conclusion to sell shit there.

Obwin
12-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Likely thurg won't happen because of faction issues. People will be killing dwarfs to get faction with giants and dain for loot.

Agno
12-18-2013, 09:48 AM

/follow won't work, but if you look at the nameplates for other players, your targets nameplate will be different and stand out a bit.

baalzy
12-18-2013, 01:34 PM
/follow won't work, but if you look at the nameplates for other players, your targets nameplate will be different and stand out a bit.

Was much easier back in the day when the target circle thingy appeared. I wasn't around when it happened but everyone seems to blame this 'ele' person for removing the useful UI features (spell lists, compass, target circle).

I could still possibly see Thurg being used since it has a port-in, anyone can bank there if they choose and would be mule friendly. I imagine guilds will coordinate 'strike forces' for the different factions and people will just align different characters for raiding Dain/Kormax/Yelinak But EC still seems more likely.

fadetree
12-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Thurg is too small.

Rararboker
12-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Played on Innouruuk, EC was the place to be. =]

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-18-2013, 06:02 PM
I remember some stuff going on in Thurg as well but iirc the main hub on CT was EC all the way to SoL.