PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect / logon to p99

Butthead
12-13-2013, 09:03 PM
i jus reinstalled, i quit about a month or 2 before ''holocaust'' guild broke up.
(which was back in late 2011 lol)

im back on but idk why i cant get on.

iv done this install 10x before. only thing i can think of is i got my account wrong?

i wentto project1999 and entered my email, got acct/pw back,, obv....

and wentto eqemu and got that login back too... but i cant login. doesnt evn say what server to connect to..

last time i installed, the menu wouldnt evn come up!
noww after another try, im at the menu but still no luck...

am i actually doin somthin wrong? or is red99 not on anymore :mad:

NextGenesis88
12-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Get rid of the EQEmu as it's not supported anymore. Go manually download the patch files (is it v30?) and drag and drop them. Simple as that.

Nephazz
12-13-2013, 11:11 PM
Get rid of the EQEmu as it's not supported anymore. Go manually download the patch files (is it v30?) and drag and drop them. Simple as that.

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything here, because I still can't login: P99 still relies on eqemulator as a loginserver, right? The hostfile should have "Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998" in it?

Clark
12-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Right click the patcher and select Start Everquest

Swish
12-14-2013, 12:17 PM
1. Find your P99 folder
2. Find "eqgame.exe"
3. Create a shortcut for it (I put mine on the desktop)
4. Go to the shortcut, right click on it and select "Properties"

Something resembling this will appear (your folder path will likely be different to mine)..

http://i.minus.com/j8RuoVQZlKjXj.png

Make sure to write patchme after the target. Apply the changes.

You can now use the shortcut to log in!... job done. No launcher required anymore! The only thing to be aware of is patch days, where you need to go to the News/Announcements forum and download the latest patch and unzip it to your EQ folder.

NextGenesis88
12-14-2013, 08:18 PM
What I do is just use Duxa's all-in-one installer and just use the "CPU fixed" shortcut that it places on the desk. I have never manually did anything besides replacing patch files and stuff of that nature. I believe Duxa's should do everything needed aside from the patches. EQEmu is not supported at all anymore for Project 1999 so there's no need to even have it installed at the moment. Hope everything worked out for ya.

And hey Clark, this is your buddy Kaathe in game!