PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Group PVP League

Lojik
12-13-2013, 04:58 PM
So I thought maybe we could get a group pvp league going. This just a quick thought to see if there was interest

Basics: Six man group pvp matches to be played either weekly or twice a week, with a regular season and a single elimination postseason. Up to ten man rosters to allow for flexibility with scheduling and also changes to lineups to adjust to new opponents each week.

Match rules: Timed matches (1/2 hour maybe?) between two single groups. Both teams will be flagged pvp via book turn in. Match is over when one team is eliminated, or after time expires. Once a player is killed or zones out they are "out" of that match, and they are not allowed to reenter the zone. If time expires, whoever has more players left wins. If both teams have same amount of players, home team gets a loss but visiting team is not credited with a victory. Or could do best 2/3 rounds for each match.

Home venues: Each team will get to pick a home zone to play their home matches in, zones must be conducive to fair pvp (ie exclude cities and some other zones.)

Scheduling: Teams must give a few hours each week that they would want their matches to be played. The larger the time frame the easier to schedule. Teams that can't make scheduled matches forfeits.

Entry Fee and Cheating: If GM's don't get involved I think this can be self-governed. An entry fee of a significant amount (maybe 100K) per team that will be refunded if said team completes their season without being guilty of cheating (people reentering zone after leaving or death, being healed by out of group players, etc.) Fraps evidence taken and voted on by team captains to disqualify teams guilty of cheating, probably requiring 75% of non-involved team captains to approve disqualification. Honor code rules otherwise. Fee would have to go through a broker obviously, if GM's wanted to pickup the ball on this probably would make it go smoother but they already do a lot.

Prizes: Maybe could do significant cash prizes if entry fees arent refunded.

Thoughts welcome...was just a basic idea. Maybe give some high level people something else to do besides stare at walls.

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Cool idea. No idea if this would / could work, but it could be set up as a hunter/killer situation instead of using arena model. Two groups, randomly ported to diff zones, have to find each other, with potential combat zones limited as you say. But strict time limit for how long a group can be in a non-combat zone. If the two groups enter the same combat-approved zone, they have to fight, no zoning out of that zone or else = forfeit.

Two groups, chasing each other around Norrath, trying to pin each other in the zone they want to fight in, but disable / outlaw the ability to detect the zone where the other group is.

Neat idea. I would never do it. I absolutely suck at pvp. Used to do guild wars during original and Kunark. I would die often, and early. but I admire those who have been able to have fun with it.

Swish
12-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Good idea if you can rely on all 12 to be on regularly. People can be fickle :p