PDA

View Full Version : Pasi's 1k Giveaway. Design My Sandwich - Competition Ends in an Hour.

pasi
12-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Hungover and needing some Jimmy Johns.

Competition is simple - you pick out a Jimmy John's sandwich for me to eat, and argue why that particular sandwich is superior to the other choices.

Post that convinces me of a particular sandwich the most will win the dough.

pasi
12-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Will also consider streaming me eating said sandwich.

Itap
12-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Gargantuan, best hangover cure. Lots of protein to soak up that alcohol

https://www.jimmyjohns.com/uploadedImages/Common/Master_Menu/Items/gargantuan.jpg?n=7255

baalzy
12-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Beach Club, that fatty avocado will soothe your stomach while the cucumber&lettuce will help with the inevitable destroying of the toilet that comes with any night of hard drinking.

Derubael
12-13-2013, 05:03 PM
A bottle of water, possibly 2.

Also, a time machine to drink another bottle before you went to bed last night.

Crede
Are you a man?

J.J. Gargantuan. Go big or go home.

Spitty
Italian Night Club. + spicy peppers, a giant pickle and salt/vinegar Jimmy Chips.

Spitty
12-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Welp, now I'm on Jimmy's website.

We all know where this leads.

Atmas
12-13-2013, 05:11 PM
https://www.jimmyjohns.com/menu/#/clubs/club-lulu/

Country Club looks awesome, filling, turkey and bacon FTW!

Verenity
12-13-2013, 05:15 PM
There is a Jimmy John's right across the street from my campus' two most prominent bars so trust me when I say the Bootlegger Club is an amazing drunk food. Is it as amazing hungover as while drunk? Debatable, but since roast beef and turkey are the kings of deli meats, I can only assume so.

fadetree
12-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Look, you don't need JJ's. Man up and make a real sammich. Go to store. Buy liverwurst in a tube. Buy rye bread and fritos. Return to house. Take out 2 slices rye, slather thickly with liverwurst, then drop a handful of fritos thereupon the glistening wurst slathers. Close the sandwich and apply firm pressure until the fritos crunch up and it all gets kinda glued together with the creamy wurst.

THEN NOM NOM NOM MA NOM NOM NOM MA NOMMY NOMMY NOM

You'll feel MUCH better.

pasi
12-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Still 40 minutes to go, hunger is setting in. I should have put a 30 minute limit on this, but I am a man of my word.

Spitty
12-13-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm tellin you, man. Italian Night Club.

There's so much greasy fatty goodness in the gabbagool and salami, and you throw them spicy peppers on there and it clears your head right up.

I'm setting one up online right now, matter of fact. Shit just got real.

Barkingturtle
12-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Go vegan.

Thulack
12-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Go vegan.

/fail

ctechguy
12-13-2013, 05:37 PM
There are no Jimmy Johns here in my state, that I am aware of.

Sooooo...as your gnome lawyer I would advise you:

1.) Choose the Hunter's Club. This sandwich is all about the name, not what kind of nutrition it's going to provide you. You want to make a statement, to your in game peeps as well as your RL friends (if you have any) about how you approach a meal. While you may not be a real world "hunter-gatherer", you probably do a fair amount of both in game to collect up that kind of coin! It's a name that allows you to eat from a position of strength, whether it suggests other "hunters" such as yourself are at your beck and call, or a perhaps refers to a nasty block of wood you use to deal with those that get in your way.

2.) If you're going to purchase it in person, be a little rude to the staff, or at least annoyed. It's important that they know you are feeling somewhat under the weather due to some recent swillage, and it's crucial to drive home the fact that you expect this goddamned sandwich to be something befitting a king, as you look to it to be the salvation for you errant ways. If you plan on using the internets to order, you can still always "phone it in" and claim you had some trouble with the website, and want to be sure they understand what's riding on this sammich. This is a fine line, you don't want them to spit in your food, but must apply exactly the right pressure to get the fresher ingredients and perhaps a bigger sandwich for the regular price.

3.)Beer. More alcohol will be necessary ASAP, to alleviate any aches and pains. Apparently they only serve Coke products, including bottled water. Berate them copiously for this as well, but only after your sandwich transaction has been completed, and you are in possession of said item. Remember, the beer is really the main course, while the sandwich will become the "side dish", metaphorically speaking. Hair of the dog and all of that stuff...

If you follow these guidelines carefully, you will have an encounter with the perfect meal(usually cons white) to defeat the dehydrated darkness of Hangoverville. Trust me on this. I am not like the others.

One final tip. If possible smoke while doing so. If you do not smoke, remember, it is never too late to start.

myriverse
12-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Go vegan.
Go AWAY vegan!

I eat at Jimmy John's almost every day, either the Bootlegger, Italian Night, Hunters, or Tuna, depending on mood.

In this case, I'd go either the Bootlegger or Gargantuan... with hot peppers and avo (put that shit on everything).

Itap
12-13-2013, 05:44 PM
I should win by default, I'm the only one providing a picture, to further increase your salivations

myxomatosii
12-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Billy club no mayo.

Two cookies.

Dr. Pepper.

That always served me well.

No time to argue, hungry now.

The Jimmy Johns I lived by in NC delivered in like.. 8 minutes, it was insane.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
12-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Can't contribute much because I'm Canadian and we don't have this (what seems like wonderful) chain here. With that said you'll need:

- Good amount of salt to kick start your kidneys.
- Obviously meat. Meat needs to be from something that walks not swims.
- Mild - medium spice flavoured mayo of some sort.
- Onions. Need to have onions.
- Real leaf lettuce not fucking iceberg crap.
- Bacon. Canadian pea meal (back) preferred or crunchy strips. Not crumbled.
- Sourdough bread brushed and toasted with garlic butter.
- Baby dills sliced thinly.
- Double cheese. Preferably toasted to bread. Smoked cheese would be ideal but I'm not holding out.

Wash it down with Brawndo and Jalapeņo Pringles. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

pasi
12-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Deciding now.

zanderklocke
12-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Beach club because you can eat it at the beach while looking at beach titties.

bizzum
12-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Turkey Tom on wheat with extra hot peppers (a lot). Get a cookie of course.

I don't want your money, I just don't want you to get the wrong sandwich. Do the right thing.

pasi
12-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Went with both the Beach Club and the Italian Night Club. Both you dudes win.

pasi
12-13-2013, 06:14 PM
That's Baalzy and Spitty. For the Ctech, I got a consolation prize too.

Spitty
12-13-2013, 06:17 PM
You got two sandwiches? Damn.

You can keep my prize money in honor of being a solid fucking man, that's what's up.

baalzy
12-13-2013, 06:21 PM
What the hell is Jimmy johns?

Decent sandwiches at OK prices. But they deliver super fast.

Barkingturtle
12-13-2013, 06:21 PM
What the hell is Jimmy johns?

Crappy deli sandwiches hand prepared by hungover fratboys.

myxomatosii
12-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Crappy deli sandwiches hand prepared by hungover fratboys.

(And sorority girls.) I love it.

Plus they speed and kill pedestrians to get your food to you at that speed. I'm certain.

40% of the time they get it right when I say "no ice in drink please".

pasi
12-13-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm on stevesanchez, what character you want cash on Baalzy. I don't login much so try to get it today.

baalzy
12-13-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm camped in EC right now. Should be able to get online in 3.5 hours. (character is: Baalzy)

Barkingturtle
12-13-2013, 06:29 PM
(And sorority girls.) I love it.

Plus they speed and kill pedestrians to get your food to you at that speed. I'm certain.

40% of the time they get it right when I say "no ice in drink please".

They get my sandwich right about 40% of the time. I don't even order anything special, they just screw up and deliver the wrong sandwiches.

This is no way to run a sub shop dammit.

ctechguy
12-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Woot!!!

I'm at the EC tunnel, but won't be on until around 10 pm-ish EST. I enjoyed your thread, was fun to talk about a sandwich shop I've never been to.

And while I love prizes, obviously you don't owe me anything. I currently play one toon, Lumbo, and he's a stein chasing lowbie, if you decide you want to award me something.

Thanks man.

Cheers!

pasi
12-13-2013, 06:37 PM
You can have Spitty's reward of 1k.

Sound good?

Atmas
12-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Rigged

Spitty
12-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Did your Night Club have Merry XMas stickers all over it? Cause mine sure did.

Happy *burp* holidays.

pasi
12-13-2013, 07:00 PM
It did.

ctechguy
12-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Sounds great, thanks again!

August
12-13-2013, 08:26 PM
The last time I got Jimmy John's I got a Bootlegger Club (because it's the best), my wife got a Turkey Tom, and we of course got cookies because I am fat.

After about 8 minutes of it not being at my doorstep I started to get worried. My stomach was growling and there was no food to put in it. I started pacing rapidly.

15 minutes. What devilry is this? JJ's is the lamborghini of sandwich delivery. My knees were weak.

60 minutes later and no sandwich had arrived. I called Jimmy John's to ask just what in the fuck was up. They had delivered my sandwich. Impossible! Where was my meal??

I crept up the hill to the Court sharing the same name as the Lane I lived on and spied into the kitchen window. There on the table was a bag of Jimmy Johns, fully emptied - 8 cookie wrappers strewn about with a mess of crumbs trailing away.

I never knew what happened to the Czarbotzki's that lived up on that court. Some say they died in a terrible accident, some say they just moved back to Poland.

But don't get in the way of my JJ's.

radditsu
12-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Are you a man?

J.J. Gargantuan. Go big or go home.

This man deserves to win

radditsu
12-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh add a pickle sliced in half. And eat the center like you make love to a woman.

Clark
12-14-2013, 06:36 AM
Why did I have to look at this before I went to bed

pasi
12-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Will hop on sometime today (Sunday). I only play like an hour a month or something, but I'll make an effort to be idle today!

JerSar
12-15-2013, 10:03 AM
I know I'm late to the party, and I havn't read most of this thread (I know, I know) - but here's what I order commonly...

JJ Gargantuan (sp) with the following amendments:

-EZ lettuce
-Extra Mayo
-Bacon
-EZ tomato
-No vinaigrette
-Red cherry peppers
-Remove some bread
-Cut in half
-Enjoy

pasi
12-15-2013, 06:02 PM
On steve, baalz and lumbo.

ctechguy
12-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Sorry I missed you Pasi, I was off and on Sunday during the day.

Maybe we can connect some other time?