PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Metal Bits

Daldaen
12-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Should combine to yield 1, not 2

http://web.archive.org/web/20011217161431/http://eqtraders.com/secrets/smithing_conversions.htm

Note how the table shows studs (yield 2) but nothing for metal bits.

nilbog
01-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Any additional evidence for this?

Daldaen
01-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Original reason I posted was because that's how it was on Mac server. But that link shows it too.

Buellen
01-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Metal bits originally Recipe was :

1 water +1 small piece ore + 1 small piece ore= 1 metal bit.

when sony implemented wide changes to all trade skill supplies costs ( i don't have information when this change went in), small pieces of ore went to almost 2 Gold piece each. People complained and sony changed result to generate 2 metal bits.

The original prices are going to difficult to find due to little information available. The change to most trade skill supplies where implemented to prevent players from making money from trade skill by doing combines and turning around and selling to merchant for small profits.

I believe p1999 server is setup with these trade skill supplies cost change already implemented. so 2 metal bits is what we should be generating unless a LOT of price information can be found for most trade skill supplies,

Arteker
01-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Metal bits originally Recipe was :

1 water +1 small piece ore + 1 small piece ore= 1 metal bit.

when sony implemented wide changes to all trade skill supplies costs ( i don't have information when this change went in), small pieces of ore went to almost 2 Gold piece each. People complained and sony changed result to generate 2 metal bits.

The original prices are going to difficult to find due to little information available. The change to most trade skill supplies where implemented to prevent players from making money from trade skill by doing combines and turning around and selling to merchant for small profits.

I believe p1999 server is setup with these trade skill supplies cost change already implemented. so 2 metal bits is what we should be generating unless a LOT of price information can be found for most trade skill supplies,

this was introduced post first wave of MQ ban fest when people would use mq to generate pps and not tradeskills at all. i will look for the date of the change,

Buellen
01-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Heya

Ok it has been years so maybe my memory is of a bit. I just remember them posting it had to do with trade skill selling back to merchant for more than cost of supplies. In particular some blacksmithing items.

Arteker
01-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Heya

Ok it has been years so maybe my memory is of a bit. I just remember them posting it had to do with trade skill selling back to merchant for more than cost of supplies. In particular some blacksmithing items.

yeah people would use macroquest to get it done and make alot of cash.