PDA

View Full Version : Raining Manastones?

Dunes
12-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Okay, I don't want to trigger any RnF replies, hate mail from sellers, etc, but why are there SO MANY Manastones for sale right now? Without exaggeration, there are 5 for sale in the first 2 pages of EC Tunnel forum. Considering the perceived scarcity of this item, even on P99 where it was farmed far more than it ever was on Live, this seems a little fishy.

Legitimate and Serious Question: Do items have a unique identifier assigned to them when they are looted? If so, is there any way to check these things to see if they have been duped or somehow replicated?

Splorf22
12-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Rogean looked into this a few weeks ago and everything was kosher - search for some suitably enraged posts by Illusionz (Sonaa I think).

I suspect the real cause is that a whole bunch of people came back from EQ Mac. Give it a few months, and they'll be back to 250k.

Ele
12-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Winter is coming and snow chains don't fit on the stones.

baalzy
12-13-2013, 12:30 PM

Same reason Donals BPs will probably hit the market soon. It gets too cold and chaffs the priests nipples.

Tikku82
12-13-2013, 12:31 PM
They are crap and people want some plat for velious.

ripwind
12-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Funny, I noticed the exact same thing. I've been trying to sell my RBB and have received offers (from three seemingly different people) asking for my RBB + plat for their manastone.

Jauna
12-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Because this is project1999, people knew Manastones were only going to be around for so long and people farmed the fuck outta them. And since most people change mains, or notice they are not really that great, or some rich guy bought it for their druid twink and got bored with it around the 100th tell for a sow before level 14.

And yes, they do not work in kunark, or velious or any revamped classic zones that may or may not happen.

Dunes
12-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks guys, that all makes a lot of sense! Im glad it was already looked in to, and that all is kosher.

I guess, like real estate, its a buyer's market :D

radditsu
12-13-2013, 09:08 PM
They'll go up once people realize classic will still be the best place to level/powerlevel. Due to Ccaverns being full.

Swish
12-13-2013, 09:15 PM
So the price dropped? That's good for buyers... I see nothing bad about that, inflation is already stupid, so some value for money will be good for those interested.

The only losers here would be the EC fat cats/guild banks with a stockpile - and they likely had millions already.

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-13-2013, 11:05 PM

soon to be much less useful items = soon to be much less useful items

It's not rocket science. Top end droppable items that get outclassed in Velious = sell sell sell.

Of course, if people listened to the wisdom of Sadre: Velious in 2015! Revamp Kunark!

But no. No one listens to the wisdom of Sadre.

Pringles
12-14-2013, 02:47 AM
Manastones on live only went up in value even through PoP and beyond.... I expect no different here. Sure they will fluctuate a little, but overtime they will only gain in value.

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-14-2013, 05:13 AM
Manastones on live only went up in value even through PoP and beyond.... I expect no different here. Sure they will fluctuate a little, but overtime they will only gain in value.

"PoP and beyond"? What are you, Buzz Lightyear?

I remember manastones being more or less obsolete as everyone moved into the Velious expansion. People kept them, but kind of as a completist attitude. Phased out item = phased out item.

Your argument seems to be: manastone ---> ? ----> profit!

Lanzellot
12-14-2013, 05:18 AM
that statistic bring nothing,much people think velious come out tomorrow?:rolleyes:
ya christmas 2014 maybe .

Clark
12-14-2013, 06:19 AM

LOL

Clark
12-14-2013, 06:20 AM

I remember manastones being more or less obsolete as everyone moved into the Velious expansion. People kept them, but kind of as a completist attitude. Phased out item = phased out item.

Old world powerleveling/farming man

Thulack
12-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Old world powerleveling/farming man

and last i know druids and wizards can still port to old world areas and gate back to where they were and take others for the ride.

Pringles
12-14-2013, 11:43 AM

You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Farewell.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Same reason Donals BPs will probably hit the market soon. It gets too cold and chaffs the priests nipples.

Thing is, if we follow the velious patches, donals bp will be insanely useful for several months during early velious. Can run some hella tight chains with bp clicks for days. Can have people in the back being healed by non chain clr, dru, shm in the back :P Should make fights like aary fairly simple early on.

radditsu
12-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Thing is, if we follow the velious patches, donals bp will be insanely useful for several months during early velious. Can run some hella tight chains with bp clicks for days. Can have people in the back being healed by non chain clr, dru, shm in the back :P Should make fights like aary fairly simple early on.

Did aary have the mana drain early?

My remember brain aint workin

HeallunRumblebelly
12-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Did aary have the mana drain early?

My remember brain aint workin

irrelevant, he wasn't perma rooted in the early patches and he could be LOS'd around the corner. The tank is the only person who has to eat aoes (and i wanna say he quadded for like, 800? it's been a long time) which is more than doable out of the gate. NTOV will be hit hard after key dragons go. Velious launch day is gonna be exciting :P

radditsu
12-14-2013, 12:03 PM
irrelevant, he wasn't perma rooted in the early patches and he could be LOS'd around the corner. The tank is the only person who has to eat aoes (and i wanna say he quadded for like, 800? it's been a long time) which is more than doable out of the gate. NTOV will be hit hard after key dragons go. Velious launch day is gonna be exciting :P

I dont remember him rooted. I did take a break around velious tho. My amd-k62 with 3dnow technology couldnt handle that swag.

I wasn't around for sleeper on my server. I honestly kinda hated velious. Luclin 4 life.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-14-2013, 12:44 PM
I dont remember him rooted. I did take a break around velious tho. My amd-k62 with 3dnow technology couldnt handle that swag.

I wasn't around for sleeper on my server. I honestly kinda hated velious. Luclin 4 life.

It's unfortunate that rangers will forever be on the cusp of greatness on p99. AAXP added so much longevity to the game beyond raiding and logging off.

Liia
12-14-2013, 12:50 PM

Even if I have one I really wish they will nerf BP on day one. Theres way too many Donal's BP on the forum and content will be cleared too easy that way imo. Velious is where skilled player will show up the most. There's no skills involved in clicking a BP for 20mins.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Even if I have one I really wish they will nerf BP on day one. Theres way too many Donal's BP on the forum and content will be cleared too easy that way imo. Velious is where skilled player will show up the most. There's no skills involved in clicking a BP for 20mins.

It's about the same skill as clicking CH. It just lasts longer. It does make it so numbers / resists / hp aren't as crazy for certain fights, though. Pretty much everything in NTOV sans vulak can be donals'd if they give us the unrooted versions.

AexDestroy
12-14-2013, 04:10 PM
If you think Manastones become less usable in Velious, compared to Kunark, and will thus drop in price.

You're stupid.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-14-2013, 04:23 PM
If you think Manastones become less usable in Velious, compared to Kunark, and will thus drop in price.

You're stupid.

They'll be an even more useful PLing tool for clerics once the donals can't refill your mana. Can't complain, really.

Thulack
12-14-2013, 04:28 PM
They'll be an even more useful PLing tool for clerics once the donals can't refill your mana. Can't complain, really.

Not enough Druids,monks,necros,shamans that clerics have to PL people now?

Tierael
12-14-2013, 05:49 PM

Sure, why not? I do it in Unrest/Mistmoore all the time when I'm bored >.<

Splorf22
12-14-2013, 06:00 PM
It's about the same skill as clicking CH.

I disagree here. IMO the BP should have already been nerfed.

HeallunRumblebelly
12-14-2013, 06:17 PM
I disagree here. IMO the BP should have already been nerfed.

yep, and puppet strings and torpor and everything else fun, really :p

HeallunRumblebelly
12-14-2013, 06:18 PM

CLR best PLer. ragefire arms, ds pots and infinite mana with a 0 damage root? awww yeaaah.

justin2090
12-14-2013, 06:32 PM
yep, and puppet strings and torpor and everything else fun, really :p

Torpor gets nerfed?

HeallunRumblebelly
12-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Torpor gets nerfed?

No, just talking to Loraen. He wants donals bp nerfed because it invalidates content...where it has minimal impact on content prior to velious. I mentioned a few other things that invalidates content which should be nerfed :p

Retti__
12-15-2013, 03:08 AM
when p99 came out you would get 8 manastones in 4 hours.

On red99, you would get 1 manastone every 12 hours

bluebie gm favoritism

Swish
12-15-2013, 09:12 AM
bluebie gm favoritism

If red and blue started at the same time I'd understand this view :p

Dunes
12-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Hate to dredge it up, but couldn't help myself - looks like I was right, perhaps to some extent :(

Dantragg
12-20-2013, 01:52 PM
From the story I was told the dupe they used only worked on stacks of items.
Take it for what it's.worth though

Pringles
12-20-2013, 09:52 PM
They investigated manastones specifically, they arent duped.

pasi
12-21-2013, 02:28 PM

Manastones regained value at that time. You could use them in PoK which was only 2 non-kos zones away from where you were prob exping. Furthermore, LDoN was based in old world which allowed manastones to be used outside. Lastly, GoD had the test zone which allowed manastones.