PDA

View Full Version : Would it be against the rules...

Cars
12-12-2013, 05:22 PM
To do a draw on my account that people pay into with platinum for a chance to win my characters if I then did another draw for free to give away the platinum? Totally done here but I figured I could have some fun with getting rid of my characters.

baalzy
12-12-2013, 05:23 PM
You could just give your characters to me. :P

Ambrotos
12-12-2013, 05:24 PM
You're asking people to give you plat in order to have a chance to win an account from you due to quitting?

baalzy
12-12-2013, 05:26 PM
But in seriousness, I think the first part draws too close to 'selling' your account. The new rule on account ownership is that the original owner is always considered the only owner. Others can use your account with your permission (and you're responsible for whatever actions they perform with your account) but ownership is no longer 'transferable'.

I will say you should carefully consider giving away your accounts and stuff. I did this 2 years ago and regret it a bit. I'm lucky and was able to recover my accounts from the people I left them with but I kinda regret the amount of gear I used to have being gone.

I'll make you this promise, if you leave your accounts in my stewardship I'll return them to you whenever you want in the same (or better) condition that you left them to me :P.

myriverse
12-12-2013, 05:27 PM
If you're done here, then why bother with plat?

baalzy
12-12-2013, 05:27 PM
You're asking people to give you plat in order to have a chance to win an account from you due to quitting?

Looks like he wants to
1) Hold a raffle to win his characters
2) Hold another raffle (with free entry) to then give the platinum gained in raffle 1 away.
Edit: 3) Quit.

Cars
12-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Looks like he wants to
1) Hold a raffle to win his characters
2) Hold another raffle (with free entry) to then give the platinum gained in raffle 1 away.

Bingo, just to transfer some plat around to potentially new and broke players. If its illegal I will just give the account away.

Ambrotos
12-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Sounds like a pretty cool yet fishy sounding idea. It doesn't break any rules that I can tell, but raises a lot of red flags imo.

Cars
12-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Hey ambrotos, sending you a message.

SirAlvarex
12-12-2013, 05:37 PM
If the GM's know and can act as a broker for the PP, then I think that gets rid of a lot of the red flags.

It just takes their time, so you'd have to try and broker a deal with them (which it sounds like you're doing).

Cars
12-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah thats pretty much the message I sent to ambrotos, to see if GM's wanted to get involved in getting rid of the plat.

Account has on Blue:
54 Human Pally, full planar, sky haste, fiery avenger, blah blah blah.
47 epic barb rogue, naked cept planar helm, boots,bp and epic.
Bunch of lvl 20's stripped Wizard, Iksar Monk etc.

and On red it has a 46 or 47 Wizard but I didn't go back to get his corpse so I would probably need some GM help there too.

arsenalpow
12-12-2013, 08:27 PM
you should just give me your account, i was thinking about leveling a rogue anyways

radditsu
12-12-2013, 08:50 PM
you should just give me your account, i was thinking about leveling a rogue anyways

Ditto

webrunner5
12-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Yeah that works for me also lol.

Swish
12-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Sounds like a pretty cool yet fishy sounding idea.

Sirken
12-13-2013, 02:07 AM
sounds like account trading / selling

sounds illegal

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bWQVl0-3SCU/TvTs1BrHI2I/AAAAAAAAAss/sdZmhK1_MxQ/s1600/motivator04b3e205d94b117eed0033d9f51d6fc6040b1146. jpg

BlkCamel
12-13-2013, 03:16 AM
Sounds like a pretty cool yet fishy sounding idea. It doesn't break any rules that I can tell, but raises a lot of red flags imo.

sounds like account trading / selling

sounds illegal

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bWQVl0-3SCU/TvTs1BrHI2I/AAAAAAAAAss/sdZmhK1_MxQ/s1600/motivator04b3e205d94b117eed0033d9f51d6fc6040b1146. jpg

Who has authority over who? I am confused.

BlkCamel
12-13-2013, 03:21 AM
Just curious because now OP won't know what to do.

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-13-2013, 04:01 AM
If this is your idea of having fun, man, you need to get with the program like the rest of us and start taking a few tabs of acid with your morning coffee.

If I wanted to quit the game and create "fun," I would turn into Sadre's free absurd leveling service. Run around to lower level camps. Like, go to an orc camp, stand there and just hold aggro. Let people at camp wail away and get the kills as spawn after spawn slowly beats down my health. Die. Run to new camp. Repeat.

Continue until you are back to level 1.

As in most things in life, I always ask myself, what would Captain Nero do, if instead of being this chronic rage-aholic, he actually just had a sense of humor about the whole deal.

I mean, if I was actually Captain Nero, I would inject red matter into a black hole.

That shit would be epic.

Skittlez
12-13-2013, 04:09 AM

Fjolvar
12-13-2013, 04:23 AM
Christmas giveaway for the plat!

Autotune
12-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Carso least fishy guy I know.

baalzy
12-13-2013, 12:47 PM

Sirken is lead GM if I'm not mistaken.

Pretty sure his word is final unless Rog or Nilbog wants to chime in.

Khaleesi
12-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Sirken is lead GM if I'm not mistaken.

Pretty sure his word is final unless Rog or Nilbog wants to chime in.

How did Sirken get lead GM? Is it simply because of activity levels e.g. being consistently available to work on the server?

I would give permission to one of the GMs to hold a small server event and give away items and plat in a mixture of games.
For items that were no trade, the GM could give a copy of that item to the game winner(s) at a 1:1 ratio. Ultimately if Cars account data is removed, then there won't be any synthetic injection of items into the market.

Cars
12-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Alright so I am getting a few PM's asking for the account, not really how I want to do it. Ambrotos was going to talk to Sirken to see, and Sirken hath spoken. No big deal, just going to decide if I give it away to a random newbie or do a free draw. Will update soon, toon give away probably on monday.

Also clean as a whistle here folks, literally no interest in playing.

ctechguy
12-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Back in the live days, I had a friend who was hunting near the bridge to South Karana, when someone announced to the zone that the first player to meet them on the bridge would receive 4 thousand platinum. As he was fairly lowbie at the time, he made haste to run for the bridge.

He had the bridge, and the player conducting the giveaway clearly in sight, and confirmed he would arrive shortly to the bridge first, to collect this fantastic prize!

That's when EQ suddenly crashed on him, a mere few seconds away from victory, and it is also when the shouting and throwing of things began.

He attempted to log back in as quickly as possible, just in time to see the sponsor of the platinum prize congratulating another player for being first to the bridge. I found this endlessly amusing but had to pretend that I was concerned for his "loss", as the anger was palpable.

Your thread reminded me of this, and brought back a chuckle or two!

Ahldagor
12-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Back in the live days, I had a friend who was hunting near the bridge to South Karana, when someone announced to the zone that the first player to meet them on the bridge would receive 4 thousand platinum. As he was fairly lowbie at the time, he made haste to run for the bridge.

He had the bridge, and the player conducting the giveaway clearly in sight, and confirmed he would arrive shortly to the bridge first, to collect this fantastic prize!

That's when EQ suddenly crashed on him, a mere few seconds away from victory, and it is also when the shouting and throwing of things began.

He attempted to log back in as quickly as possible, just in time to see the sponsor of the platinum prize congratulating another player for being first to the bridge. I found this endlessly amusing but had to pretend that I was concerned for his "loss", as the anger was palpable.

lulz

Sirken
12-13-2013, 01:56 PM
If the GM's know and can act as a broker for the PP, then I think that gets rid of a lot of the red flags.
It just takes their time, so you'd have to try and broker a deal with them (which it sounds like you're doing).
this is not a feature the staff is allowed to offer

Nilbog & Rogean have authority over everyone, and I have authority over the CSR Guides. so if u have a problem with a guide, you should come to me. if you have a problem with me, i encourage you to bring it to Nilbog and Rogean

How did Sirken get lead GM? Is it simply because of activity levels e.g. being consistently available to work on the server?
i believe it was a combo of 1)having previous GM experience before p99 existed, 2)being the longest standing staff member when Amelinda was removed, 3) Nilbog and Rogean trust me as a human being, and trust in my ability to make fair unbiased decisions, and 4)I have compromising photos of Rogean and Nilbog performing blood rituals.