PDA

View Full Version : laptop help? budget real low

Lirkci_Prexus
12-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Well, ill admit i know crap about computers.
Would these stats be enough to run p99 efficiently

Intel Core i5, 2.4ghz processor,
2gb memory, 160gb hard drive,...? buddy is offering his laptop and Im just curious?

Swish
12-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I'd say so, I run P99 from a 4 year old laptop currently and it runs fine. You don't need anything spectacular, just one that hasn't been burnt out by gaming or overuse (on 24/7 etc).

If he's a heavy gamer and has had it a while, chances are it could be "slow"... everything's a bit risky when you buy second hand electricals :p Would he give you a refund if it didn't run P99? :)

Thulack
12-12-2013, 12:31 PM
yes you will be fine.

webrunner5
12-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Well, ill admit i know crap about computers.
Would these stats be enough to run p99 efficiently

Intel Core i5, 2.4ghz processor,
2gb memory, 160gb hard drive,...? buddy is offering his laptop and Im just curious?

I have a Gateway with the same specs except I have 4gb of memory and it runs fine. I have a 120GB SSD drive so it loads faster than that one would. But I am sure it will work well. GO for it.

It is a little, well a lot laggy, when I play Sony EQ Live in the Lobby. But it takes a pretty serious computer not to lag there. Mostly a video card issue. But it works well in zones as long as there isn't a LOT of people in them next to each other. Not going to work for EQ Live Raiding though. Trick is to turn off Particle Effects. They really slow a computer down. They are Graphics based and that is the weak point of just about every Laptop. The Video Card.

myxomatosii
12-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Anything with an i5 is gonna beast p99 imo. Just generationally.

The only parts that matter for 'running' it are CPU, GPU, and RAM (less true these days).

So really CPU and GPU only. GPU I take it is integrated. But integrated today in 1999 would've been mind explodingly good.

HDD will only affect load times if it bottlenecks you, which it probably will, but if you are an average player you won't care if it takes you 5 seconds to zone or 35 seconds.

Lirkci_Prexus
12-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Oh ok, no worries on that he used it for simple stuff. internet/email

cool thanks! Time to lowball >:)