PDA

View Full Version : enchanter reroll

fishingme
12-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Is like to hear everyonea thoughts on highelf vs darkelf for Enchanter. Curious if hide is worth making a darkelf for charm dropping.

Tewaz
12-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Gnome with Goblin Ring.

Malone88
12-11-2013, 06:31 PM
I went High Elf myself, didn't want to be KOS all over. You can illusion into DE
once you get that spell anyway. From what I've heard, Hide is useful for breaking
charm for the lower levels, but most higher levs will just get the Gobbie Ring.
High elf enchanters can use level 1 spell Taper Enchantment to break charm in
the early levels before you get a gobbie ring.

Tewaz
12-11-2013, 06:37 PM
I have hide on my druid that I do mainly charming with. Three bad hides in a row can cost you a mob, heck 1 bad hide can do that.

Laugher
12-11-2013, 06:40 PM
I went high elf here although I didn't play much past 15 here, on mac being a high elf ench went very smoothly; its a good split between int and cha. On either server every time I've seen a DE ench they die a lot. That's not to say all DE enchanters die a lot, but in my experience high elf was better. And yes as an agnostic ench you can just illusion around anyway if the look of a race matters to you, not sure if hide makes much of a difference but you do get invis either way in terms of breaking charms :p

baalzy
12-11-2013, 07:47 PM
hide has the advantage of not requiring a spell gem. That eventually gets solved with the goblin ring which is instant-click invis to animals and has the same effect of breaking charm.

Estu
12-11-2013, 09:01 PM
I went High Elf myself, didn't want to be KOS all over.

As an enchanter? This is not a concern.

pasi
12-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Until you get a Goblin Ring, hide is pretty nifty for breaking charm without using a global cooldown. After you get a Goblin Ring, hide is only marginally useful for AFKing.

At high levels with a goblin ring, the enchanter with the highest naked charisma will be the optimal enchanter. You can address other stats through gear, but having a high naked charisma is very valuable for being able to lull back to your body for CRs.

Andervin
12-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Is like to hear everyonea thoughts on highelf vs darkelf for Enchanter. Curious if hide is worth making a darkelf for charm dropping.

If hide is the only advantage you see to rolling a dark elf over a high elf? Stick with the high elf.

<-- dark elf ench ;)

Malone88
12-12-2013, 01:38 PM

It is if you are cruising around Neriak and forget to put your illusion on...
or you port into WC and forget to inviz yourself.

Just sayin...

Crede
12-12-2013, 04:09 PM

I rolled a Dark Elf for hide, but quickly discovered that it isn't very effective charm breaking. Works maybe 1/3 of time? Taper works I guess, but I'd much rather have that extra spell slot. If I could go back, I would have gone Erudite for the starting stats and just gotten a goblin ring down the road.

Cochonou
12-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Erudite with a goblin ring is a pretty nice choice

Swish
12-13-2013, 01:50 AM
You guys are all crazy. Taper enchantment for 5 mana with any race. People rerolling over something so trivial?

Dark elf = 60 cha
High elf = 90 cha

If you're going to go crazy min/max, you might as well go with the high elf.

Vermicelli
12-13-2013, 03:25 AM
I rolled with a gnome because I loved the idea of a small creature being able to transform into a number of other shapes and sizes. Hayao Miazaki's characters were my inspiration at creation =)

http://i.imgur.com/1qzS7r6.jpg

Andervin
12-13-2013, 03:53 PM
You guys are all crazy. Taper enchantment for 5 mana with any race. People rerolling over something so trivial?

Dark elf = 60 cha
High elf = 90 cha

I'm not a fan of using taper to break charm because you have to be in spell range. I use IVU mostly (casts 1 sec faster than invis). I need to camp the ring already. :(

Tuljin
12-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Dark elf doesn't seem to be a super popular race for enc on this server and enc (like the other int casters) is not a mix/max class at all - its really how skilled you are. Hide isn't that great of an addition to the enchanter's skills, and its probably not worth the base CHA hit. Eru and high elf have best int/cha base stats. If you roll eru don't even put 5 points into agi =)

ReoDobbs
12-14-2013, 12:06 PM

Pretty much this.

The reason I'm sad I didn't roll a DE Enchanter? It is the one class I could go DE and not have to worry about faction

Andervin
12-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Faction? Oh you mean that chat spam I see after something dies?

SwordNboard
12-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Dark Elf = Agnostic

Jimjam
12-15-2013, 08:21 AM
carry a cloudy potion in case you need an emergency charm break

Tecmos Deception
12-15-2013, 12:13 PM

Dark elf = 60 cha
High elf = 90 cha

It's not really about the mana cost; it's about the cooldown on your spell gems after casting taper. Being able to instantly break charm and then instantly start a stun/root/whatever without waiting on that cooldown is pretty crucial when you are in a dungeon.

Tecmos is a dark elf, but only because hide was stupid overpowered until a few months ago. Now that hide is just a plain old invis, I'd totally go high elf for the high charisma, especially because it looks like a lot of Velious gear is pretty lacking on charisma for someone like me who likes to stay at 255 all the time.

goshozal
12-16-2013, 01:08 AM
Haha Tecmos,

I am already dreading having to let go of my precious CHA cap.