PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Bugged looting related to a 'skipped' slot in a bag

tacite
12-11-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm having an odd issue relating to looting items. This started last night in Howling Stones after receiving a ressurection - I had left one item on my body (Loam Encrusted Amice) and after the rez, I could not loot the amice off my body. I tried both right clicking and left clicking the item, it would auto exit the loot window as if I had clicked 'done' without looting the item. This bug persisted on all NPC corpses, I couldn't loot anything at all.

I tried relogging AND rebooting, no luck. I ended up fooling around and discovered that dropping an item allowed me to loot freely UNTIL I picked that item up again, regardless of what the item was. The same goes for trading - trading an item TO someone (but not FROM) someone let me loot again. I also noticed that there is a 'skipped' item slot in my bag, where loot doesn't auto fill when picked up. If I manually put an item into that slot, the unfillable slot moves to another location in my bag and the not being able to loot items glitch starts again until I drop an item or trade an item.

I have a feeling that these two bugs are related.

Edit: narrowed it down to a UI bug on my end. Disregard.

uygi
12-11-2013, 04:50 PM
My best guess is you actually did loot the amice and it isn't really on your corpse, it just looks like it is. I'd guess the amice is actually in your missed/phantom bag slot, but for some reason your client is telling you it's on the corpse. Funky.

Velerin
12-19-2013, 01:07 PM
I think you just need to stop dying in HS! hah jk, weird bug. I've heard of others with similar looting issues. Glad you at least found a workaround for now.

Tecmos Deception
12-19-2013, 01:15 PM
It sounds like you had a lore item invisible on your cursor.

Similar things have happened to me in HS when, for example, I go into HS north and then die with the key in a bag. Then I get another key to go retrieve my body, and I loot the bag that had the original key in it. I will get yellow text about duplicate lore items and the game trying to delete one of them... but actually one of them is still invisible on your cursor and the other is actually visible wherever in your inventory. Relogging won't make the item appear on your cursor because of lore. If you die again though, when you go loot your body you will find the 1st key in a bag and the 2nd key sitting on the corpse also... iirc.

Not positive, mind you, but what you're describing sounds similar. The fact that this problem fixed after you were logged off for long enough that no rent HS keys would have disappeared meshes with my idea.

baalzy
12-19-2013, 03:14 PM
I've found in the past couple days when casting abundant food that I'll get invisible items stuck on my cursor after putting the food in a bag that don't show up until I zone or log. This prevents me from being able to loot.