PDA

View Full Version : Crypt camp rules

Incognito
12-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Whats the rule if I'm at Hierophant just camping him and a group wants to take the crypt?
Do I have to give up the camp since they are a full group or do they get everything but Hierophant?

zanderklocke
12-10-2013, 11:17 PM
If you are just camping hierophant, you are good.

Gets a bit more confusing when you are doing multiple names mobs or weren't killing hierophant first.

Nordenwatch
12-10-2013, 11:18 PM
you have to show that you are ABLE to kill the 4 spawn if necessary, but that you are simply choosing not to.

Since hiero is arguably the hardest, if you can kill him, you can have the whole crypt or if you're feeling generous let the group have the other 3 spawns

Incognito
12-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Well if someone was to ask to see would I really need to prove it.

I mean it may take me longer then they would do it and the hierophant may spawn while I'm killing the others. But I mean I could honestly do the whole camp but we all know theres no reason to kill two of them really at all

I know this is all very rule lawyery and I hate that, but just wanna make sure I know the rules while I'm there. Someone just leaped frog me to the crypt while I was on my way in and said they got there first so it's their's. I know that's a different situation and I don't need to get into that. But I'm not trying to get forced out of my camp if I don't have to be when I do get there.

Nordenwatch
12-10-2013, 11:23 PM
no you don't really need to prove it, being able to kill hiero / duke means you can kill the others.

Incognito
12-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Ok thanks, appreciate the info.

justin2090
12-10-2013, 11:46 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130202

This has been discussed before.

karanastorm
12-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Just check out this thread recently. Basically you can't camp crypt a single room, you have to be doing all 4.

Incognito
12-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Ahh, thanks for the link

quido
12-11-2013, 12:01 AM
I think it's still up for debate.

Incognito
12-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Ya just read the whole thing. Didn't really seem to have a clear cut answer at the end. I always thought it was whoever got there first could claim what part they want.

I show up first, no one there. So I can claim which parts I want and let everyone else have the rest.

If a group is already there I can't just take one while they are clearing the rest.

Oh well, I'm just gonna hope no one tries to rule lawyer me but fat chances of that.

EDIT: Also if any guides or gm's are reading this, didn't see the other thread at first and saw it got locked. This one doesn't need to turn into another debate. Can lock it if you want.

Autotune
12-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Just check out this thread recently. Basically you can't camp crypt a single room, you have to be doing all 4.

That's the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

People have been single camping mobs on this server for years. If you're able to take out a mob and mobs that are in aggro range of that mob, then you shouldn't be forced to give it up because some other group wants to camp it and a few others.

That's a great way to steal camps on p99. Just have a few buddies roll down on some guy soloing a mob and just call his camp because he doesn't want to have to deal with targets he doesn't want.

Derubael
12-11-2013, 12:21 AM
For right now, if there are no groups at crypt feel free to take whatever and however many rooms you'd like.

If a group comes down, pick 1 room and stick with it, let the group have the other 3.

If a group is already there, you can't take any of the rooms unless they say it's ok.