PDA

View Full Version : Is there still a functional auto-updater/package manager for p99?

tristantio
12-10-2013, 02:12 PM
If not, I am thinking about putting one together which may include the following:

Auto-setup for initial p99 install
Auto-updates for p99 (when a new zip file of changes is created etc.)

Optional downloads + installs of various user submitted content such as:
Realtime auction tracker (/shameless plug)
Classic Spell Effects
High Res Textures
Alternate Spell Effects

with proper attribution to all contributors.

If so, would there be community interest?

tristantio
12-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Basically a program that you'd run which would act like the old EverQuest updater (automatically download updates to your machine etc.)

August
12-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Yes it would get used. People love 'Click to Run'. Plus it gives coders job security.

doraf
12-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Why was the old one deprecated? Did the guy who was developing quit playing or something? If so, would he be willing to pass down the source code for one of us to keep it updated?

If I remember correctly it was written in .NET using visual studios. We could make it a Click Once.

myriverse
12-10-2013, 04:15 PM
The old one is still used for the other EQEmus and was just recently updated.

It's just not good for P99/R99.

Yinaltin
12-10-2013, 04:24 PM
the old patcher is still in use by many ppl . rogean jsut quit supporting that patcher on this site . go www.moestaverne.com (http://moestaverne.com/)

webrunner5
12-11-2013, 12:35 PM
I use the Duxa Tool. But it does not update unless you want it to. But it does update all files with the push of a button.

Swish
12-11-2013, 01:58 PM
the old patcher is still in use by many ppl . rogean jsut quit supporting that patcher on this site . go www.moestaverne.com (http://moestaverne.com/)

The latest version of that patcher (which we can't use etc) has a check box on it to run EQ using a single processor core... however that is done, if someone can recreate the ability to do that I'd be extremely grateful ;)

Fauxes
12-11-2013, 11:00 PM
just run a batch file for the modded core useage.....

mishurza
12-11-2013, 11:11 PM
the duxa all in one installer will create a shortcut that will start EQ with 1 processor if you ask it to.