PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Exploration

Grand_Unified
12-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Since I'm directionally challenged and an altaholic I never delved into several of the high level dungeons back in the day on live. Now that I've worked my way up on this server, I would like to familiarize myself with the dungeons I know little about. However, as a tank/puller I would really like to know my way around and what I can safely pull before I start jumping into groups there. So my question is: Does anyone know of an easy way of exploring by myself? I've thought about creating a toon on a server with some of the later expansions, since I've heard with the current gear and higher levels you can bulldoze through the old world zones, but any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Swish
12-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Try the Hidden Forest? I'm fairly sure that server is a classic zone server with a shed load of custom stuff on top? (some really fruity stuff, makes it unplayable)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... I did about 1-2 hours there once and I'm sure I managed to get to Field of Bone and other newbie zones.

Kaym
12-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Yeah, EZ and THF are both good for this sort of thing. Although having played both, EZ is probably quicker as far as getting into relevant p99 zones. Keep in mind that mob pathing/spawns/loot aren't the same as p99, so really all it's good for is exploring the zone layout itself.

Langrisserx
12-09-2013, 11:00 PM
watch youtube videos of dungeons in first person, it could stick in your mind... worked for me and guk

Dragonmist
12-09-2013, 11:07 PM
just use the wiki as you get to a zone and youll learn em eventually.

Vermicelli
12-09-2013, 11:07 PM
When I was a little one on a DPS or Tank class, I would follow the more experienced puller as they pulled to learn from experience =)

Lojik
12-09-2013, 11:12 PM
When I was a little one on a DPS or Tank class, I would follow the more experienced puller as they pulled to learn from experience =)

If u have bind sight cast it on the puller

Vermicelli
12-09-2013, 11:14 PM
If u have bind sight cast it on the puller

Or ask questions and don't be scared of the unknown!! Not knowing things can be fun =D

Lojik
12-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Or ask questions and don't be scared of the unknown!! Not knowing things can be fun =D

Then why ask questions?

Handull
12-10-2013, 01:07 AM
what class do you play? if by tank/puller you mean monk, just start pulling for groups. just always verify you have a controlled pull before bringing it into agro range of your group, and dont hesitate to die and get a rez instead of training everyone. if you aren't a monk, just die anyway? there is also a gm command server you can just fly around most zones you want invulnerable to everything

username17
12-10-2013, 03:46 AM
there is also a gm command server you can just fly around most zones you want invulnerable to everything

^

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverinfo&worldid=594

I used it to learn when/where bosses spawn/patrol in VP.
It's an invaluable tool for learning your way around.

Tasslehofp99
12-10-2013, 04:53 AM
Try morel thule server, you can just use GM commands there. If your only concern is to check zones out this server is a great way to start.

webrunner5
12-10-2013, 06:53 AM
You could do the Live Sony server. You can get to level 60 in a few days if you break your butt leveling. With the stones you can get around easy and if you die no big deal on there either. Good way to learn zones.

Itap
12-10-2013, 04:05 PM
^

Thanks, never knew about this

Samoht Farstrider
12-10-2013, 05:11 PM
^

Are the zones all empty that you can run around without worrying about dying?
Gonna check this out. Sounds cool since I've never been to some of the zones during live.

Grand_Unified
12-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the suggestions!

^

I think this will work nicely :)